It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
My Dad is not doing so well. He was in the hospital for 4 days a week ago and my Mom had to take him back in at 5am this morning. He has congestive heart failure and breathing has been difficult for him. We are hoping they can figure something out with his meds to give him some comfort.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Damn that sucks, Doug. Sorry to hear

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
My Dad is not doing so well. He was in the hospital for 4 days a week ago and my Mom had to take him back in at 5am this morning. He has congestive heart failure and breathing has been difficult for him. We are hoping they can figure something out with his meds to give him some comfort.

Thinking of you and your family Doug, talked to my mom this morning and she has developed some not so good symptoms too. Damn parents!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:37 am 

sorry to hear that doug, hoping they can provide him some help

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Sorry to hear, doug.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hoping for the best Doug.

Last edited by pittmike on Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ugh...sorry doug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.

Sorry to hear dude.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Dad came home later the same day. He's feeling a lot better. Tweaking his meds seems to have helped.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Dad came home later the same day. He's feeling a lot better. Tweaking his meds seems to have helped.

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:04 am 

Fantastic news, hoping I get this same information in the coming days.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Why the hell are Lorna Doone cookies so expensive? I want answers, and I want them now. And get me pictures of Spider-Man!!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
What's with pedestrians who walk on the street in the opposite direction of traffic? I've been riding my bike in the subdivision, on the street as I should be. Every couple of minutes I have to move over for walkers or joggers who refuse to use the sidewalk for some reason. I noticed this before covid, so I don't think it's an attempt to distance themselves from others.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
not a complaint but an observation.

have you noticed all the insurance commercials have all gone wacky? I know GEICO scored big with the funny commercials they've done but now all the other insurance companies have followed.

Saw one about Liberty Mutual. It was pretty stupid at being stupid. Even the AllState guy who played POTUS from 24 they've dumbed down into silliness now.

State Farm use to be straight as an arrow but now they brought back Jake from State Farm and the Chris Paul commercials. Double discount guy can't be soon behind.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
What's with pedestrians who walk on the street in the opposite direction of traffic? I've been riding my bike in the subdivision, on the street as I should be. Every couple of minutes I have to move over for walkers or joggers who refuse to use the sidewalk for some reason. I noticed this before covid, so I don't think it's an attempt to distance themselves from others.

What you need to do is start bringing a jousting lance with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I had my first real life encounter with the Karen stereotype in the wild this morning.

I was riding my bike eastbound on Lincoln Street in north Evanston and I saw two women walking up ahead of me. They were in the middle of the street with about fifteen feet or so between them. I guess that's for social distancing purposes. Whatever. These are obviously some of the most privileged people in the world. They walk wherever they want. And they probaby have LOVE TRUMPS HATE signs on their lawns.

I wasn't going to ride between them so I ducked down almost to the curb on my right. I had about ten feet between the woman and the curb, plenty to safely pass her. The woman to the left was a very nice looking patrician North Shore blonde in her 40s. She said something to the one I was passing who looked like a typical Evanston hippie. I think she said something like, "A bike is coming." The hippie immediately flinched and moved right almost into my path which is exactly why I don't yell at people. But I was riding slowly and safely and hit the brakes. I was never even close to hitting her. I was in full control of my vehicle at all times. The brakes are loud though and when I grabbed them she jumped and said, "Oh, sorry!" I smiled and said, "No problem."

But that wasn't good enough for the other one. I could tell she was the type who is good looking enough that no one ever tells her anything she doesn't want to hear. She said, "It would be really nice to have a little warning." WHAT? HEY, FUCK YOU WALKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! I didn't say that though. Instead I just said, "We all have to pay attention out here, not just me." And I kept riding.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Water in the basement two weeks ago. Had a company come out last weekend and let’s just say I won’t be going on vacation for a while. Need a sump pump installed, drain tile put in and digging around the foundation of the room in question. Buying a house built in 1938 seemed so quaint..... this plus a new furnace 2 months ago and a 75 foot tree coming down next week and I just want to go postal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Buying a house built in 1938 seemed so quaint..... this plus a new furnace 2 months ago and a 75 foot tree coming down next week and I just want to go postal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Water in the basement two weeks ago. Had a company come out last weekend and let’s just say I won’t be going on vacation for a while. Need a sump pump installed, drain tile put in and digging around the foundation of the room in question. Buying a house built in 1938 seemed so quaint..... this plus a new furnace 2 months ago and a 75 foot tree coming down next week and I just want to go postal.

Get many estimates.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
T-Bone wrote:

Pulte. New construction. Heaven in suburban Chicago. No trees.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:

Get a second opinion on your water issues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest is right.

Re-grading the yard or parts of the yard and/or a french drain system might be a cheaper alternative. We're in the same boat with some of the water issues, Tbone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:16 pm 

I have a unique situation and plan to be here for the long haul so there were cheaper ways to do it but after fighting water for a week I don’t want to Do a cheap fix and have to go at it again. I really did weigh all the options. To top things off we had to tear out all the built in cabinets off the walls which was one of the great things about the back basement room

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
T-Bone, as part of our remodel we did the same thing, only we took the whole basement floor out, installed drain tile and a sump pit (never was one in 1927) and all new pea gravel/visquene, then repoured the whole thing. We needed to have a more-level floor, and wanted to lower the level by pouring even with the wall footings, but the inspector vetoed that idea. You might be able to gain three inches of headroom down there, just go bigger!! Ours has been T-Bone dry ever since.

Plan for the back-up sump pump right away- maybe even two separate pits- less congested (my ENT was Dr. Les Congested)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

T-Bone wrote:
I have a unique situation and plan to be here for the long haul so there were cheaper ways to do it but after fighting water for a week I don’t want to Do a cheap fix and have to go at it again. I really did weigh all the options. To top things off we had to tear out all the built in cabinets off the walls which was one of the great things about the back basement room

It has nothing to do with cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Well what’s done is done. I signed a contract for the service. Glad to know that you could gave gotten it done better and at a more economical rate on top of it. I can’t believe I didn’t come here first.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Well what’s done is done. I signed a contract for the service. Glad to know that you could gave gotten it done better and at a more economical rate on top of it. I can’t believe I didn’t come here first.

I hope it works out for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Cheap, high quality waterproofing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I hope it works out for you.

Me too. Sorry for being a grump about it. This dream house has been a money pit :twisted: :lol:
I never had no beef with Seacrest. I’m a fan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 190  Next