It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Season
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
veganfan21 wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
The NFL doesn't care.

They will be shamed into cancelling. Calling it.

:lol:

There’s literally zero shame. The players are highly incentivized to play plus these guys, ya know, fucking love football. They’ll sign liability waivers and “quarantine” themselves and they’ll play if asymptomatic. They’re basically telegraphing all of this.

I want them to play and I'd play myself if I were on a team. I just think they're going to run into the super Karen shame brigade where the media, celebrities, basically the COVID stay safe stay home shame industrial complex is gonna make it hard on the league to press forward. Fauci's dumbass is already planting the seeds. Cnn and Twitter are not far behind. It's also gonna get racial where guys are gonna say Goodell is forcing black players to play for his (white) profit concerns.

Depends what Trump says. If he supports playing, they will be karened. If he says they shouldn’t play, they will play in packed stadiums.

:lol:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/19/donald-t ... or-anthem/

Packed stadiums it is!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
NFLPA advises players not to work out together due to coronavirus

So...are we gonna see the o-line "distance" during games as well? Doesn't make any sense how football is going to happen in parallel with all this guidance.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
They'll ignore the guidance and play. The stands will be full.

Corona is having its death rattle right now. The media trying to milk the last bit of fear they can out of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don’t think the stands will be full but they’ll play. And there’s no shame to be had. The players and owners are highly incentivized to play, it’s not a MLB situation. It’ll be some combo of players signing a waiver liability plus NFL doing more for long term care on the players that play this year than usual.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:11 pm 

OK maybe like seventy-five percent capacity just for the optics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
King of America Dr. Facui going to shut it down -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58eWvXZb-E

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:43 pm 

Quote:

Exclusive: Dr. Anthony Fauci says it is too soon to say COVID-19 could cancel NFL season

Dr. Anthony Fauci says the viability of college and NFL football this fall is “impossible to call” at the moment, and told SportsIllustrated.com’s ‘Jets Country’ that the status of the Covid-19 pandemic at the time of decision will be the determining factor.

Fauci is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and has been the face of the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. His recent comments to CNN, which he says were taken out of context, triggered a wave of fear that the NFL season and college football might be shelved this fall.

“The situation this fall will be dictated by the dynamics of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States,” Dr. Fauci said in an exclusive interview with ‘Jets Country.’

“Optimally you would want to see the level of infection dramatically decreased and good control of any evidence of resurgence. Again, the officials of the league in consultation with the players will make their own decisions.”

During an appearance on CNN last week, Fauci said of the NFL season that “it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall” if players weren’t quarantined or put in a bubble.”

Fauci told ‘Jets Country’ that he wasn’t attempting to convey anything specific about the fate of the upcoming NFL season.

“My statements about the NFL season have been misinterpreted and taken out of context,” Fauci said. “I was asked by officials from the NFL about risks associated with various scenarios that the NFL might face in consideration of the upcoming season. I provided advice from a public health standpoint. The ultimate decision is not mine but that of the officials of the NFL and the players themselves.”

The battle with how to re-open sports has been a heated debate with no clear-cut answers. The NBA and MLS, for instance, are pursuing the aforementioned bubble where the regular season will resume in Orlando and players will be kept in isolation. Baseball will have a shortened season but it is unclear how that will play out or if fans will be allowed into stadiums.

Both the NFL and college sports are able to punt on a decision for a few more weeks until their respective seasons come more clearly into focus.

Dr. Fauci reiterated that he is not the ultimate arbitrator on whether leagues can or should open up. Saying “I merely provide advice based on data and science. I certainly do not make the call on whether a league can or cannot return” he points to the data as being the ultimate source for these decisions.

As of June 22, there are 2,275,645 reported cases of the coronavirus with 119,923 reported deaths. Several states are seeing a spike in cases in recent days.

There aren’t necessarily benchmarks that need to be hit, however, for Dr. Fauci to feel comfortable in saying that a dip in the numbers or a flattening of the curve could result in fall football.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:17 am 

The NFL will take the government to court and win before they have to cancel the season. The shutdowns started in March. If you can't play sports in September then when can you? This could be here in 2021 too without a vaccine.

The only real question is if fans are in the stands or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The NFL will take the government to court and win before they have to cancel the season. The shutdowns started in March. If you can't play sports in September then when can you? This could be here in 2021 too without a vaccine.

To me I think they'll cancel/be forced to cancel due to a combination of logistics and shaming. Here are some problems that I don't think they'll satisfactorily resolve, hence the cancellation:

1) Outbreak of the virus within a team or among two teams (110 players plus staff) and unreasonable/unworkable solutions to address the outbreak (e.g. if a center contracts the virus are you going to quarantine the entire line, assuming he'd worked out with them the most?)
2) City logistics vis-a-vis local attitudes toward social distancing and mass gatherings (two football teams even without fans can be considered a gathering too big for some)
3) Points 2 and 3 will be exacerbated in the event of a spike in cases, whether that spike is real or imagined by media outlets.
4) If a spike happens, public pressure will force the league to abort the season. Holding someone as close as possible while falling with them to the ground, while breathing on them, is the exact opposite of public health guidance. They will be shamed for not adhering to that guidance in the event of a spike.
5) Some high-profile players will object to playing out of fear for their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of family members.
6) If some players object and there is loud criticism of the league for marching forward, Twitter SJWs will excoriate the league for being racist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:44 pm 

If they're not gonna play football I don't see a point in keeping the union together, tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

To me I think they'll cancel/be forced to cancel due to a combination of logistics and shaming. Here are some problems that I don't think they'll satisfactorily resolve, hence the cancellation:

1) Outbreak of the virus within a team or among two teams (110 players plus staff) and unreasonable/unworkable solutions to address the outbreak (e.g. if a center contracts the virus are you going to quarantine the entire line, assuming he'd worked out with them the most?)
2) City logistics vis-a-vis local attitudes toward social distancing and mass gatherings (two football teams even without fans can be considered a gathering too big for some)
3) Points 2 and 3 will be exacerbated in the event of a spike in cases, whether that spike is real or imagined by media outlets.
4) If a spike happens, public pressure will force the league to abort the season. Holding someone as close as possible while falling with them to the ground, while breathing on them, is the exact opposite of public health guidance. They will be shamed for not adhering to that guidance in the event of a spike.
5) Some high-profile players will object to playing out of fear for their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of family members.
6) If some players object and there is loud criticism of the league for marching forward, Twitter SJWs will excoriate the league for being racist.

The players already play a dangerous game.

I think "no fans" will be enough. Things never got catastrophically bad in the spring. I doubt they do in the fall either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think "no fans" will be enough. Things never got catastrophically bad in the spring. I doubt they do in the fall either.

Physical injuries is different than extending a pandemic. When Trubinsky blows out his knee throwing an incomplete pass his elderly dad or grandfather doesn't alse become at-risk for blowing out thier knees too. I wasn't following the no fans thing you said or the part about spring or fall. I don't think the no fans thing will be a big hurdle to playing this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Again, 99.3% of the people that get COVID, end up being fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Physical injuries is different than extending a pandemic. When Trubinsky blows out his knee throwing an incomplete pass his elderly dad or grandfather doesn't alse become at-risk for blowing out thier knees too. I wasn't following the no fans thing you said or the part about spring or fall. I don't think the no fans thing will be a big hurdle to playing this year.

If pushed hard, the NFL will have no fans in the stands.

They will sue and win if they can't play without fans. It's 6 plus months in to this by then. Can they be expected to shut down for years?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm 

Without drunk fans it won’t be the same. Need the drunk fans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

Hopefully they allow fans, and they allow this guy in, and he dies of covid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:18 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

No, that's college football.

JORR is correct about the NFL being a t.v. show. Except at a dozen stadia, there isn't really much fan noise factors in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:20 pm 

The NFL isn’t a TV show, it’s Operation Overlord. And the fans provide the same auditory aesthetic as 12” naval guns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

1. Irrelevant. Waivers will be signed and players will play if they have no symptoms. All 32 teams will conceal positive tests for important players. Nfl will let them.
2. Irrelevant. If a city is actually stupid enough to do this the team will play elsewhere, but no city is stupid enough to do this so it’s a moot point.
3. No
4. Lol @ you thinking the nfl gives a single solitary fuck about “public pressure”
5. This seems very unlikely. Where are these high profile players you speak of? Cuz all of them want to play and are all currently breaking rules and protocols just to practice together
6. see point 5. This is just a bad point on your part. Nfl players, almost to a man out of the 1500+, all very much want to play

You good now? We’re having football this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
At this point I'd be more surprised if there is a season than if there isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:20 pm 

Franky T wrote:
At this point I'd be more surprised if there is a season than if there isn't.

I think that’s reasonable when it comes to CFB. There’s really not a doubt in my mind there will be an NFL season this year. I’d wager a good amount on it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:21 pm 

“Not a doubt in my mind” is hyperbolic. I’d say I’m about 95% sure/confident there will be an nfl season this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:53 pm 

I'll wager my life because if there's no NFL I'm not sure what the point is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

1. Irrelevant. Waivers will be signed and players will play if they have no symptoms. All 32 teams will conceal positive tests for important players. Nfl will let them.
2. Irrelevant. If a city is actually stupid enough to do this the team will play elsewhere, but no city is stupid enough to do this so it’s a moot point.
3. No
4. Lol @ you thinking the nfl gives a single solitary fuck about “public pressure”
5. This seems very unlikely. Where are these high profile players you speak of? Cuz all of them want to play and are all currently breaking rules and protocols just to practice together
6. see point 5. This is just a bad point on your part. Nfl players, almost to a man out of the 1500+, all very much want to play

You good now? We’re having football this year.

You haven't addressed what a team will do when a player does come down with COVID and how those precautionary measures will probably suck the fun out of watching in the first place, if the season does happen.
On public pressure, do you mean to say Roger Goodell's video, which he probably delivered on his knees, wasn't a case of caving to public pressure? The Twitter/SJW/corporate media class is on the side of social distancing/precautionary measures. They will take aim at the NFL if need be the minute players or doctors begin to question the merit of playing football this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:31 pm 

1. Yes I did address it. Read again.
2. Goodell wasn’t responding to public pressure. Goodell ignored public pressure for years. That video was responding to the players, not the public.
3. Lol again. When will you and others realize that nobody gives a fuck about the Twitter sjw crowd? They hold no power. You can’t shame someone unless they think what they are doing is shameful. It is fucking astounding how many people don’t seem to grasp this simple concept.

You good now? We’re having NFL football this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
2. Goodell wasn’t responding to public pressure. Goodell ignored public pressure for years. That video was responding to the players, not the public.
3. Lol again. When will you and others realize that nobody gives a fuck about the Twitter sjw crowd? They hold no power. You can’t shame someone unless they think what they are doing is shameful. It is fucking astounding how many people don’t seem to grasp this simple concept.

A full 16 game schedule? I'm willing to take your bet for $100.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:52 pm 

Franky T's net worth just increased by a benjamin.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 pm 

Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I won’t bet on a 16 game schedule cuz I’m not ruling out shenanigans reducing it to some weird 12 or 14 game schedule.

I’ll put $100 on a “season” being played with playoffs being played a Super Bowl champ being crowned at the end of it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Franky T's net worth just increased by a benjamin.

If you believed that you would take the same bet I just offered Franky.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I won’t bet on a 16 game schedule cuz I’m not ruling out shenanigans reducing it to some weird 12 or 14 game schedule.

I’ll put $100 on a “season” being played with playoffs being played a Super Bowl champ being crowned at the end of it.

We have to quantify "season". At least 13 games, playoffs, and Super Bowl?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next