It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Liberals like FF act like this towards anyone who isn’t a Marxist-Leninist though. Got nothinothing to do with Hillary, it’s even got nothing to do with Trump.

Obama got in Hillary’s way too. He’s not widely hated, but that’s only because these same libs think black people are like shamans.

You're a clown. Resorting to the B Mac tactic of just calling whoever disagrees with you a Republican/Democrat. Very original.

Walks like a lib, talks like a lib...

Just because you don’t like abortion doesn’t fool anyone. It’s cool, you’re still my guy. I have plenty of real friends who are communist lunatics.

More lame B Mac material. Yawn.

Well, you are a libertarian when it suits you and not when it doesn't. That's what's called Conservative and Liberal.
A true libertarian believes in freedom of association. Associate or do business with whomever they please. Discriminate until the cows come home.

When did I say I don't believe in freedom of association? You're free to be a racist dickhead, and I'll defend your right to be one. Doesn't mean I'm not going to criticize you for still being a racist dickhead.

Do you see how that works or nah?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No one rigged the primary against Bernie in 2020.

You're right. Everyone except Warren just coincidentally decided to get out on the same day. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Liberals like FF act like this towards anyone who isn’t a Marxist-Leninist though. Got nothinothing to do with Hillary, it’s even got nothing to do with Trump.

Obama got in Hillary’s way too. He’s not widely hated, but that’s only because these same libs think black people are like shamans.

You're a clown. Resorting to the B Mac tactic of just calling whoever disagrees with you a Republican/Democrat. Very original.

Walks like a lib, talks like a lib...

Just because you don’t like abortion doesn’t fool anyone. It’s cool, you’re still my guy. I have plenty of real friends who are communist lunatics.

More lame B Mac material. Yawn.

Well, you are a libertarian when it suits you and not when it doesn't. That's what's called Conservative and Liberal.
A true libertarian believes in freedom of association. Associate or do business with whomever they please. Discriminate until the cows come home.

When did I say I don't believe in freedom of association? You're free to be a racist dickhead, and I'll defend your right to be one. Doesn't mean I'm not going to criticize you for still being a racist dickhead.

Do you see how that works or nah?

So you are against anti-discrimination laws. Good to know

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:04 pm 

Of course I am. This is an argument I had with Brick a decade before you even found this board. That was a terrible Gotcha attempt my friend. Apology accepted though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You're right. Everyone except Warren just coincidentally decided to get out on the same day. :lol:

How quickly we forget Bernie's loss in Iowa when voting by white farmers was suppressed by the Democratic party.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Of course I am. This is an argument I had with Brick a decade before you even found this board. That was a terrible Gotcha attempt my friend. Apology accepted though.

I apologize but that's a terrible position to take. People will take what you give them despite you calling them out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's hard to say 2020 wasn't rigged given this. But at the same time, Bernie's 2020 loss is, like others have pointed out, on lazy Bernie "supporters" more than it's on the DNC. 2016 was obviously a different case.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's not being rigged. Biden won their support.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i wish i could cancel the last 2 pages of the thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:27 pm 

Surprisingly , Julie didn’t write this . What’s next , we start calling them “ advanced bachelors degrees” ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What would you call it? They all wanted Biden to be the nominee. Is it rigged that the voters agreed?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Let's reset this.

Is the argument that the only reason someone would dislike Trump is because of Hillary?

I never said that. But there is an obvious difference in emotions toward Trump prior to and after his run against Clinton. Trump is largely hated because he had the temerity to run against the chosen candidate. Bernie Sanders is largely hated for the same reason.

Bernie Sanders isn't largely hated. Your premise is off. I think you've been a little too in the far left shitlib bubble if you think Bernie is widely hated.

He's pretty hated. Maybe not by you or the people tearing down statues. But obviously by those who rigged two primaries against him.

And Bernie and I both know- Whoopi does too- that Hillary Clinton is far from irrelevant. She informs all our current politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSDZMq6QjA

Just being you keep repeating that tired theory won't make it so to anyone less biased than you. And fwiw, many of us have despised that racist pos for decades.

I think the moment I became aware of him was the moment I disliked him.. 25-30 years.. of course.. can say the same about Biden :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:37 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What would you call it? They all wanted Biden to be the nominee. Is it rigged that the voters agreed?

I'm sure it was a coincidence that they all decided that on the same day basically.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm sure it was a coincidence that they all decided that on the same day basically.

He clearly asked them all. Why is this so hard? It was clear Biden was the best shot to beat Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I was listening to a podcast, fairly popular in the TV review genre, today with a host with very clearly liberal ideals and vocal about it. So, anybody who listens knows exactly where this guy is coming from.

He told a story about when he was a kid, I think early teens, where his barber "accidentally but it seems on purpose" showed him some fishing pictures and then some pictures of the barber's girlfriend with not as many clothes on as you would expect.

It was hardly a story at all. I heard it. But, apparently, the guy heard so much about it that he felt he needed to issue an apology on Twitter and re-edit the podcast to remove that 30-second segment.

Is that where we are now? We have to apologize when telling stories about things that happened to us? Isn't that historically how we learn from things and try to provide direction for people to do better?

The guy (kid) didn't do anything. He just told the story. It happened to him. Why does he have to apologize?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It was clear Biden was the best shot to beat Trump.

That's never been clear, and it's still wrong. The more boring candidate loses every time. Bernie is an interesting guy. Biden is not. Trump is.

Biden is going to lose to Trump, even with all the shit that's going on in the country right now. That's how bad of a candidate he is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I was listening to a podcast, fairly popular in the TV review genre, today with a host with very clearly liberal ideals and vocal about it. So, anybody who listens knows exactly where this guy is coming from.

He told a story about when he was a kid, I think early teens, where his barber "accidentally but it seems on purpose" showed him some fishing pictures and then some pictures of the barber's girlfriend with not as many clothes on as you would expect.

It was hardly a story at all. I heard it. But, apparently, the guy heard so much about it that he felt he needed to issue an apology on Twitter and re-edit the podcast to remove that 30-second segment.

Is that where we are now? We have to apologize when telling stories about things that happened to us? Isn't that historically how we learn from things and try to provide direction for people to do better?

The guy (kid) didn't do anything. He just told the story. It happened to him. Why does he have to apologize?

That's a bit of a confusing story. But I would say the answer is he doesn't have to apologize, and by doing so he's helped exacerbate this problem.

I guess maybe I would feel differently if I was a public figure, but I'd like to think not. It's not hard to stand up to these zealots, I don't know why more people don't. They don't have any power behind them, and way more people than not are sick and tired of this cancel culture shit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
FavreFan wrote:
That's a bit of a confusing story.

From what I could gather in the argument, the barber's girlfriend did not give consent to have him show these photos to other people. But, she might have. Who knows? But the assumption is she didn't.

The more troubling thing to me was the barber showing anything like this to a kid.

But, it's also not like the host was naming any of these people's names. It was just a story. But, he's sorry he told anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

From what I could gather in the argument, the barber's girlfriend did not give consent to have him show these photos to other people. But, she might have. Who knows? But the assumption is she didn't.

The more troubling thing to me was the barber showing anything like this to a kid.

But, it's also not like the host was naming any of these people's names. It was just a story. But, he's sorry he told anyone.

I mean I definitely agree it’s a weird thing to do, could even be seen as a bit creepy on the barber’s end of it all, but I can’t fathom somebody apologizing for telling that story.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:

I think a reasonable standard would be that if you allow a photo to be taken you are consenting to it being shown to everyone in the world. That way we can all act accordingly. Don't take a nude photo of me, man.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
badrogue17 wrote:
Surprisingly , Julie didn’t write this . What’s next , we start calling them “ advanced bachelors degrees” ?

Quote:
The name “The Masters” must go.

The heralded golf tournament, one of the four majors, needs to go back to its original name — the Augusta National Invitational. It became the Masters in 1939.

Tiger Woods, other big-time golfers and corporate sponsorships should demand it. In the current climate, with all the sweeping changes, it’s only right and just. Best of all, in this case, it’s a simple and smooth fix.

The Masters never felt good or even sounded good when you said it.

And before we hear from the choir about tradition and history, save it.

When that history and tradition is rooted in slavery, it shouldn’t be preserved and honored.

Augusta National was built on grounds that were once a slave plantation and was the property of a slave owner. And according to a 2019 New Yorker piece about the course, it’s believed that enslaved Blacks were housed on the property.

And be honest. When you hear anyone say the Masters, you think of slave masters in the South. There’s nothing else, nothing special. You don’t think of someone mastering the game of golf. When has anyone mastered golf?

I do not care for golf and I do not care for most of the South. I am quite biased in this regard. I have still never come to the conclusion that "the Masters" is named after owning slaves. The name always felt fine, and I think people have mastered golf, relatively speaking, when they are playing it professionally in one of the four major tournaments. Everything about Augusta feels racist and weird (right down to the fetishization of eating mayonnaise and cheese on white bread), but going after the name is just gilding the lily.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think a reasonable standard would be that if you allow a photo to be taken you are consenting to it being shown to everyone in the world. That way we can all act accordingly. Don't take a nude photo of me, man.

You think that standard is reasonable? Really?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I mean I definitely agree it’s a weird thing to do, could even be seen as a bit creepy on the barber’s end of it all, but I can’t fathom somebody apologizing for telling that story.

Now the other host is apologizing. For listening to the story, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: :lol: JORR: A champion for the rights of revenge porn-ers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Now the other host is apologizing. For listening to the story, I guess.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
shakes wrote:
:lol: :lol: JORR: A champion for the rights of revenge porn-ers

is revenge porn better than opportunity porn?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

As long as we're all aware of it. Because it's really the truth. Once a photo of you exists, you can't control what happens with it. I'm not talking about morals here. I'm talking about reality. The decision needs to be considered at the time of the picture rather than a year later when someone you used to like is spreading it around.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 pm 

That sounds great in theory but it’s simply not how the world and human nature work

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
That sounds great in theory but it’s simply not how the world and human nature work

Are there some cock shots of yours out there that you're worried about? :lol: Just don't take the photo. Teach your kids not to take the photo. Then you don't have to worry about your ex-girlfriend or your barber.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 51  Next