It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Season
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
1. Yes I did address it. Read again.
2. Goodell wasn’t responding to public pressure. Goodell ignored public pressure for years. That video was responding to the players, not the public.
3. Lol again. When will you and others realize that nobody gives a fuck about the Twitter sjw crowd? They hold no power. You can’t shame someone unless they think what they are doing is shameful. It is fucking astounding how many people don’t seem to grasp this simple concept.

You good now? We’re having NFL football this year.

A full 16 game schedule? I'm willing to take your bet for $100.

I won’t bet on a 16 game schedule cuz I’m not ruling out shenanigans reducing it to some weird 12 or 14 game schedule.

I’ll put $100 on a “season” being played with playoffs being played a Super Bowl champ being crowned at the end of it.

We have to quantify "season". At least 13 games, playoffs, and Super Bowl?

I’d qualify a “season” as the NFL completing what they consider a season. I can’t imagine that being any less than 12 games. If they are “forced” to play less than 12 games I think they’ll just cancel the season so I’m fine setting that as the minimum number I guess.

But the playoffs and Super Bowl was my main point. No qualifiers needed, I’d bet $300 we have a playoffs and SB for the NFL this “season”

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
2. Goodell wasn’t responding to public pressure. Goodell ignored public pressure for years. That video was responding to the players, not the public.
3. Lol again. When will you and others realize that nobody gives a fuck about the Twitter sjw crowd? They hold no power. You can’t shame someone unless they think what they are doing is shameful. It is fucking astounding how many people don’t seem to grasp this simple concept.

So you're saying the NFL will conceal the test results of COVID positive players and let them play anyway? That doesn't make sense?

The low-key shaming has already begun:

Quote:
If player health was truly the top priority, they wouldn't play amid the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. But that's OK, as long as we all know and accept that...

...As the league conducts business as usual, there are concerns. Even with players staying away from team facilities (the NFLPA has now told players not to organize even for workouts), there have been identified cases of COVID-19 including Von Miller, Kareem Jackson, Ezekiel Elliot and several other unidentified players. Positive cases, whether symptomatic or not, are inevitable, and as of this writing there are COVID spikes in Florida, Arizona, California and Texas, areas that encompass nine NFL teams. And the venerable Dr. Fauci, much to the chagrin of the NFL and NFLPA medical advisors (and the Tweeter in Chief), has suggested that the NFL, like the NBA, operate in a “bubble” atmosphere to avoid spread of the infection. I am sure NFL owners read that and said—to no one in particular—“Stay out of our business Fauci!”

This question, however, needs to be asked: Is the NFL placing economic interests ahead of the health and safety of its players?

In March the entire sports world shut down based on one positive test (Utah Jazz All-Star Rudy Gobert). Now, with hundreds of positive tests among athletes in college and professional sports—and no vaccine on the horizon—all sports are starting up again. Let that sink in.

And, it seems, NO league—the NFL included—is planning to suspend operations upon positive player tests. They will “play through,” mitigating, as best they can, with detailed protocols about quarantining and testing. Can this realistically work?

NFL players will not live in a “bubble.” There will be daily interactions with family, friends and others beyond the team facility. And no matter the detail of protocols for social distancing in weight rooms, locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc., NFL (and college) football players have to, well, practice and play football, a sport that requires the opposite of social distancing. Virtually every football play ends with one player applying extreme face-to-face, body-to-body pressure to bring another to the ground. The acts of blocking and tackling would seem to involve a lot of “droplet exchange.” As to masks within the helmets? Please.

There are a couple of other things I find concerning. On a conference call with agents last week (yes, I am a certified NFL agent), NFLPA Medical Director Thom Mayer discussed the disproportionate impact of the virus on African-Americans, those with high body-mass indices and sleep apnea, which, he said, describes many NFL players. Also, I read that Von Miller needed 17 days after “recovering” from the virus to resume workouts and was still suffering some lingering windedness. I found these things to be alarming as, I think, the NFL should as well.

But let’s be honest here: If the NFL plays—and I expect that it will—it will be about the business of football being prioritized over optimizing the health and safety of its employees. If the latter were the league’s top priority, as it has stated for years regarding concussion protocols and now COVID, they would not play. COVID-19 is a virulent pathogen that is highly transmissible through close contact and there is no vaccine on the horizon.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/06/23/nfl-2 ... ealth-risk

And so is the questioning of playing by the players themselves...

Quote:
The McCourty twins weighed in on football’s return: With the ongoing threat of COVID-19, Patriots defensive backs Devin and Jason McCourty are pondering what the NFL’s 2020 season will look like.

In a recent episode of their podcast, “Double Coverage,” the McCourty twins each expressed their concerns.

“I don’t believe in group workouts right now at all,” Jason said. “For me, there would be no coming together to do any type of practice with teammates on a group level because I just think we can’t dismiss — like you just said — with [coronavirus] and everything going on. I’ve been out here in Nashville, and I actually go run at the high school where I think a lot of the 49ers players were doing their team-practice ordeal. They just had a player or two test positive.

It’s kind of scary because something like that, I think it was probably just offense, so they probably had maybe 10 guys out there,” he continued. “When you think about the future, if it’s hard for 10 guys just to get together to do little passing drills or anything of that nature, to think about somewhere between 53 and 90 guys in a training camp, it’s going to be insane. So I don’t know how that’s going to turn out.”

Devin, asked if he was nervous following the news that Buccaneers players had tested positive, also explained how social distancing is affecting the team.

“Yeah, I think everybody’s nervous, because the norm is that we just go to work — we put in a lot of work, we bond together, we lift, we’re in close quarters. It feels like that’s all being taken away from us, so I don’t know how to react. I don’t know what’s it’s going to be,” Devin admitted.

“I love how a lot of players’ attention has been on what’s going on outside of football — and I think we’ll continue to do that — but figuring out football, to me, seems to be the hardest thing right now,” Devin said. “We hope, but I don’t know if we’ll figure it out, honestly.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, recently suggested that the NFL might need to consider a “bubble” approach, as other professional sports leagues have done.

Both McCourty brothers are skeptical that that could work with NFL teams, whose training camp rosters are far larger than other sports.

“I just think it’s very different for football,” Jason said. ” You think about training camp — and I don’t know if there would be cut numbers or how it would work — but there’s 90 guys on the team. Not only are there 90 guys, but there’s a coaching staff usually made up of maybe 15 to 20 coaches.”

“I don’t know if it’s really fathomable for the NFL to be able to go in a bubble,” Jason concluded.

“I just can’t see me stepping away from my family for that amount of time,” Devin said. “When you sign up for different jobs, you kind of discuss it as a family, the hardship of that. For us as players, we never had to think about that. We have training camp kind of in a month and a half, so we haven’t heard until now. The days start counting down. You might be telling your wife with a week’s notice that you’re gone for six months. To me, that would be very tough. If that is on the table, I think that needs to be discussed sooner than later for guys to be able to make that decision.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-engla ... virus-plan

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm 

Vegan I can’t keep discussing shaming with you if you continue to misunderstand it’s meaning.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 pm 

Those player quotes are a whole lot of nothing :lol:

At least we can agree that all the players want to play and there are no high profile guys talking about not playing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Vegan I can’t keep discussing shaming with you if you continue to misunderstand it’s meaning.

I don't necessarily agree with your definition. Regardless, you can replace shaming in my post with "public pressure," as in there will be a ton of pressure on the NFL to abort plans for the season. You think they won't cave but I think they will. If you read the quotes I pasted above, especially the ones by the players, you'll see that when you have insiders doubting the reasonableness of playing this year - thereby aligning them with the outsiders applying pressure - it will be tougher for Goodell to stick to the plan.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I won’t bet on a 16 game schedule cuz I’m not ruling out shenanigans reducing it to some weird 12 or 14 game schedule.

I’ll put $100 on a “season” being played with playoffs being played a Super Bowl champ being crowned at the end of it.

I’d qualify a “season” as the NFL completing what they consider a season. I can’t imagine that being any less than 12 games. If they are “forced” to play less than 12 games I think they’ll just cancel the season so I’m fine setting that as the minimum number I guess.

But the playoffs and Super Bowl was my main point. No qualifiers needed, I’d bet $300 we have a playoffs and SB for the NFL this “season”

I'll go $150 on at least 12 games, playoffs, and Super Bowl.

EDIT: and I will gladly pay up because I hope we get at least that much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with your definition. Regardless, you can replace shaming in my post with "public pressure," as in there will be a ton of pressure on the NFL to abort plans for the season. You think they won't cave but I think they will. If you read the quotes I pasted above, especially the ones by the players, you'll see that when you have insiders doubting the reasonableness of playing this year - thereby aligning them with the outsiders applying pressure - it will be tougher for Goodell to stick to the plan.

But you didn’t post what you think you did. You posted a couple of anodyne quotes from players talking about they don’t know how it will work, which is pretty meaningless.

Find me some quotes from any relevant player talking about they don’t want to play because it’s not safe. You won’t. You can’t.

I find your view on the definition of shaming fascinating though. How do you shame someone for something they don’t feel bad doing? Do you think you can shame me for smoking too much weed or shame WFR for being too racist? Even replacing shame with the equally ineffective “public pressure” doesn’t work. You’re operating from the standard that the SJW position is “right” and others are “wrong”. That’s not real life and the tide has been shifting for over a month now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm 

Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'll go $150 on at least 12 games, playoffs, and Super Bowl.

EDIT: and I will gladly pay up because I hope we get at least that much.

We got ourselves a deal Franky.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
We got ourselves a deal Franky.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But you didn’t post what you think you did. You posted a couple of anodyne quotes from players talking about they don’t know how it will work, which is pretty meaningless.

Find me some quotes from any relevant player talking about they don’t want to play because it’s not safe. You won’t. You can’t.

I find your view on the definition of shaming fascinating though. How do you shame someone for something they don’t feel bad doing? Do you think you can shame me for smoking too much weed or shame WFR for being too racist? Even replacing shame with the equally ineffective “public pressure” doesn’t work. You’re operating from the standard that the SJW position is “right” and others are “wrong”. That’s not real life and the tide has been shifting for over a month now.

You don't have to believe in the underlying premise of the one shaming you for it to constitute shaming, at least from a third party perspective. And because I call it shaming doesn't mean I am assigning more moral weight to the "shamer" over the one who is being shamed. The NFL could easily turn around and "shame" its critics for wanting to put hourly wage employees out of work and so on. It's all falling on deaf ears anyway, both sides.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
You don't have to believe in the underlying premise of the one shaming you for it to constitute shaming. And because I call it shaming doesn't mean I am assigning more moral weight to the "shamer" over the one who is being shamed. The NFL could easily turn around and "shame" its critics for wanting to put hourly wage employees out of work and so on. It's all falling on deaf ears anyway, both sides.

At this point I’m asking for a third party poster to jump in here cuz I’m confused as fuck at what vegan is trying to say.

It seems to me you’re confusing “lecturing and being ignored” with “shaming”. You can’t be shamed if you don’t feel shame for what someone is lecturing you about. This seems to be the crux of our disagreement because if the nfl and the nfl players don’t feel shame, they’ll just tell the whiny assholes who bitch about it to fuck themselves

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
You don't have to believe in the underlying premise of the one shaming you for it to constitute shaming. And because I call it shaming doesn't mean I am assigning more moral weight to the "shamer" over the one who is being shamed. The NFL could easily turn around and "shame" its critics for wanting to put hourly wage employees out of work and so on. It's all falling on deaf ears anyway, both sides.

At this point I’m asking for a third party poster to jump in here cuz I’m confused as fuck at what vegan is trying to say.

It seems to me you’re confusing “lecturing and being ignored” with “shaming”. You can’t be shamed if you don’t feel shame for what someone is lecturing you about. This seems to be the crux of our disagreement because if the nfl and the nfl players don’t feel shame, they’ll just tell the whiny assholes who patriot about it to fuck themselves

I am jumping in and making summary judgment. FF is right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:31 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It seems to me you’re confusing “lecturing and being ignored” with “shaming”. You can’t be shamed if you don’t feel shame for what someone is lecturing you about. This seems to be the crux of our disagreement because if the nfl and the nfl players don’t feel shame, they’ll just tell the whiny assholes who patriot about it to fuck themselves

Thank you kind sir. I’m hoping when vegan sobers up he’ll apologize.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The NFL will take the government to court and win before they have to cancel the season. The shutdowns started in March. If you can't play sports in September then when can you? This could be here in 2021 too without a vaccine.

The only real question is if fans are in the stands or not.

To me I think they'll cancel/be forced to cancel due to a combination of logistics and shaming. Here are some problems that I don't think they'll satisfactorily resolve, hence the cancellation:

1) Outbreak of the virus within a team or among two teams (110 players plus staff) and unreasonable/unworkable solutions to address the outbreak (e.g. if a center contracts the virus are you going to quarantine the entire line, assuming he'd worked out with them the most?)
2) City logistics vis-a-vis local attitudes toward social distancing and mass gatherings (two football teams even without fans can be considered a gathering too big for some)
3) Points 2 and 3 will be exacerbated in the event of a spike in cases, whether that spike is real or imagined by media outlets.
4) If a spike happens, public pressure will force the league to abort the season. Holding someone as close as possible while falling with them to the ground, while breathing on them, is the exact opposite of public health guidance. They will be shamed for not adhering to that guidance in the event of a spike.
5) Some high-profile players will object to playing out of fear for their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of family members.
6) If some players object and there is loud criticism of the league for marching forward, Twitter SJWs will excoriate the league for being racist.

1. Irrelevant. Waivers will be signed and players will play if they have no symptoms. All 32 teams will conceal positive tests for important players. Nfl will let them.
2. Irrelevant. If a city is actually stupid enough to do this the team will play elsewhere, but no city is stupid enough to do this so it’s a moot point.
3. No
4. Lol @ you thinking the nfl gives a single solitary fuck about “public pressure”
5. This seems very unlikely. Where are these high profile players you speak of? Cuz all of them want to play and are all currently breaking rules and protocols just to practice together
6. see point 5. This is just a bad point on your part. Nfl players, almost to a man out of the 1500+, all very much want to play

You good now? We’re having football this year.

You haven't addressed what a team will do when a player does come down with COVID and how those precautionary measures will probably suck the fun out of watching in the first place, if the season does happen.
On public pressure, do you mean to say Roger Goodell's video, which he probably delivered on his knees, wasn't a case of caving to public pressure? The Twitter/SJW/corporate media class is on the side of social distancing/precautionary measures. They will take aim at the NFL if need be the minute players or doctors begin to question the merit of playing football this year.

The player is out for two weeks like 1/3rd of the league is on any week after week 4.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:34 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Okay, well even going with what FF is saying, I don't think it's too far fetched to say NFL players and/or NFL execs can feel personal "shame" by CNN, Dr. Fauci-types, etc., for possibly spreading the virus by playing football.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:36 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The NFL will take the government to court and win before they have to cancel the season. The shutdowns started in March. If you can't play sports in September then when can you? This could be here in 2021 too without a vaccine.

The only real question is if fans are in the stands or not.

To me I think they'll cancel/be forced to cancel due to a combination of logistics and shaming. Here are some problems that I don't think they'll satisfactorily resolve, hence the cancellation:

1) Outbreak of the virus within a team or among two teams (110 players plus staff) and unreasonable/unworkable solutions to address the outbreak (e.g. if a center contracts the virus are you going to quarantine the entire line, assuming he'd worked out with them the most?)
2) City logistics vis-a-vis local attitudes toward social distancing and mass gatherings (two football teams even without fans can be considered a gathering too big for some)
3) Points 2 and 3 will be exacerbated in the event of a spike in cases, whether that spike is real or imagined by media outlets.
4) If a spike happens, public pressure will force the league to abort the season. Holding someone as close as possible while falling with them to the ground, while breathing on them, is the exact opposite of public health guidance. They will be shamed for not adhering to that guidance in the event of a spike.
5) Some high-profile players will object to playing out of fear for their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of family members.
6) If some players object and there is loud criticism of the league for marching forward, Twitter SJWs will excoriate the league for being racist.

1. Irrelevant. Waivers will be signed and players will play if they have no symptoms. All 32 teams will conceal positive tests for important players. Nfl will let them.
2. Irrelevant. If a city is actually stupid enough to do this the team will play elsewhere, but no city is stupid enough to do this so it’s a moot point.
3. No
4. Lol @ you thinking the nfl gives a single solitary fuck about “public pressure”
5. This seems very unlikely. Where are these high profile players you speak of? Cuz all of them want to play and are all currently breaking rules and protocols just to practice together
6. see point 5. This is just a bad point on your part. Nfl players, almost to a man out of the 1500+, all very much want to play

You good now? We’re having football this year.

You haven't addressed what a team will do when a player does come down with COVID and how those precautionary measures will probably suck the fun out of watching in the first place, if the season does happen.
On public pressure, do you mean to say Roger Goodell's video, which he probably delivered on his knees, wasn't a case of caving to public pressure? The Twitter/SJW/corporate media class is on the side of social distancing/precautionary measures. They will take aim at the NFL if need be the minute players or doctors begin to question the merit of playing football this year.

The player is out for two weeks like 1/3rd of the league is on any week after week 4.

And what about players who were exposed to the COVID positive player but not tested yet/undergoing testing?

I'm not trying to be all gloom and doom here I'm just arguing from a logistics point of view this is all very messy. I just want to watch the Bears suck on Sundays but I don't think it's going to happen.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:36 pm 

Can’t feel shame if you don’t think what you are doing is wrong. Replace shame with guilt and it’s the same meaning. I’m gonna buy you a dictionary for Christmas vegan. PM your address

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:39 pm 

Quote:
And what about players who were exposed to the COVID positive player but not tested yet/undergoing testing?

Seems clear to me, and I think the NFL is basically telegraphing this - players will play unless they test positive for COVID. No ifs, ands, but’s, or qualifiers.

I’m of the belief that all involved will have no issues covering up positive tests also. Nfl and it’s players both have a LONG history of covering up medical info to get out there on Sundays.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:41 pm 

Two ways I see Franky winning this bet and vegan being right:

A high profile player gets placed in something similar to ICU due to COVID

Any player regardless of status dies from COVID.

Outside of the above two scenarios I don’t think there’s a chance the nfl season is cancelled

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Can’t feel shame if you don’t think what you are doing is wrong. Replace shame with guilt and it’s the same meaning. I’m gonna buy you a dictionary for Christmas vegan. PM your address

Then this here is the disagreement I guess. If some random protestors attempt to "shame" the NFL/players for...I don't know, playing a violent game, then fine most players if not all will tell them to fuck off. No shame felt. But if you shame them for endangering the well-being of others, especially their own family, etc., then that's different. Not many reasonable people tell others to fuck off when presented with credible reasons for why doing this or that puts the well-being of others at risk. I think even you have expressed concern about the elderly in your own family despite not believing in wearing masks, etc. I actually agree with that by the way. But I'm pointing this out to say there is a lot of consensus about how maintaining public health is important, which makes it low-hanging fruit for those disposed to shaming-type behavior.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:45 pm 

You think NFL players will have their grandparents with them in quarantine? Some might have their spouses but most wont see their family during the season. See Trevor Ariza’s reason for not playing in the NBA when it continues.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:46 pm 

That’s why I said a bit ago I think it’s reasonable to think CFB won’t happen this year. There’s strong arguments to made by the players themselves for not playing. No such dynamic exists in the nfl and in fact it’s precisely the opposite

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 pm 

So the elitist FF said he didn't give a shit about role-playing CBs on the Pats, he wanted to hear from the stars. Well, here's a huge star, and he's saying exactly some of what I've been trying to communicate here. Also, FF, this is also a guy who can be shamed by Fauci enthusiasts based on his comments below:

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was diagnosed with the coronavirus 10 days ago, said Wednesday that he's back to feeling "normal" but has not been cleared by doctors to work out.

Elliott, speaking on a Twitch feed, said he had shortness of breath and a cough for a couple of days.

"Now, I'd say I feel good," he said.

Elliott said he believed that if he were tested again, the result would come back negative. However, he said he decided to give it a few more days.

The three-time Pro Bowler was perhaps the most high-profile NFL player to reveal that he had the coronavirus. As cases of positive tests for the virus mount, the 24-year-old said he was concerned about the safety of players, with the NFL preparing for a return to training camps in July amid the pandemic.

"I just feel like there's a lot of moving parts that have to be figured out," Elliott said. "I just don't know how they can keep the players [healthy]. You gotta put the health of the players first.

"And it's not even so much, I would say, the players' health -- because I got corona, and it really didn't affect me much. But a lot of people have kids -- they may have kids with asthma; they may have newborn babies; their parents or grandparents may live with them. ... We have to find ways to make sure that players and their families -- and the coaches also and their families -- aren't put at risk."

Texas, like Florida and Arizona, has seen a sharp spike in positive tests for COVID-19, with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott saying Wednesday that the state is in the midst of a "massive outbreak."

Against that backdrop, Elliott made it clear that the safety of the players and staff and their families was his primary concern.

"Hey, I hope we play," he said. "I wanna let you guys know: I do hope that we have a season. But it has to be right. It has to -- we gotta put the health of the players and the coaches and the support staff first. I think that's important."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/293 ... yer-safety

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You think NFL players will have their grandparents with them in quarantine? Some might have their spouses but most wont see their family during the season. See Trevor Ariza’s reason for not playing in the NBA when it continues.

I don't know where you get they won't see family during the season. They are humans - they see thier parents, siblings, uncles, etc. Maybe COVID has reduced contact a bit but not everyone has a standard living condition. Some live with large families, especially if they're taking care of everyone, others are isolated, etc. See Zeke's comments.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 pm 

:lol:

Truly hilarious you posted a quote from Zeke directly saying he wants to play and thinks it supports your argument more than mine. Take the L my friend or find a quote from a player saying they don’t want to play because it’s unsafe.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't know where you get they won't see family during the season. They are humans - they see thier parents, siblings, uncles, etc. Maybe COVID has reduced contact a bit but not everyone has a standard living condition. Some live with large families, especially if they're taking care of everyone, others are isolated, etc. See Zeke's comments.

This doesn’t make sense to me. The players will be quarantined. You and Zeke seem to be mistaken if you think their uncles and grandparents will live with them during quarantine. Sure, some players will break the rules, but I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that the players are just gonna be roaming around living life on their off days. Not gonna happen

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

How many of these players do you think have locked themselves inside for the past 3 months?

I'm going to guess that when it comes down to the choice of making millions of dollars playing football in the fall with a chance you get sick or sitting at home and never leaving the house that they'll choose to play football.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
HOF game and inductions cancelled. Well inductions just postponed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 am 

pittmike wrote:
HOF game and inductions cancelled. Well inductions just postponed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kobe Effect

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next