It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Season
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:17 pm 

pittmike wrote:
HOF game and inductions cancelled. Well inductions just postponed

They may as well cancel the preseason now. As the players who've been infected stories start to flow out, only the psychopaths like Brady are going to want to play full seasons. And even then I wonder where his family will come down on that.

But it was telling that the NFL and it's media "partners" suppressed Von Miller's recovery accounting. I'd never heard of it before this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
FavreFan wrote:
Two ways I see Franky winning this bet and vegan being right:

A high profile player gets placed in something similar to ICU due to COVID

Any player regardless of status dies from COVID.

Outside of the above two scenarios I don’t think there’s a chance the nfl season is cancelled

Keep in mind this is almost impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
:lol:

Truly hilarious you posted a quote from Zeke directly saying he wants to play and thinks it supports your argument more than mine. Take the L my friend or find a quote from a player saying they don’t want to play because it’s unsafe.

Naw man, the hilarious part is you reading a NFL player talk about things only a NFL player would know about and then telling him he's wrong. Wtf? :lol:

Let's do some textual anaylsis here:

veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:

" You gotta put the health of the players first."

"And it's not even so much, I would say, the players' health -- because I got corona, and it really didn't affect me much. But a lot of people have kids -- they may have kids with asthma; they may have newborn babies; their parents or grandparents may live with them. ... We have to find ways to make sure that players and their families -- and the coaches also and their families -- aren't put at risk."

"Hey, I hope we play," he said. "I wanna let you guys know: I do hope that we have a season. But it has to be right. It has to -- we gotta put the health of the players and the coaches and the support staff first. I think that's important."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/293 ... yer-safety

Zeke wants to play but he wants to "put the health of the players and the coaches and the support staff first."

Health > playing

FF: 0
VF: 1

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nfl and it’s players both have a LONG history of covering up medical info to get out there on Sundays.

This is a false equivalence: testing positive for COVID is different than concealing a concussion. Players cover up injuries themselves but, as Zeke noted, hardly anyone is going to cover up a positive COVID test because they don't want to expose thier families to it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:45 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm going to guess that when it comes down to the choice of making millions of dollars playing football in the fall with a chance you get sick or sitting at home and never leaving the house that they'll choose to play football.

It's not about the health of the players, it's about the health of their families. That's what all these guys are saying.
FavreFan wrote:

This doesn’t make sense to me. The players will be quarantined. You and Zeke seem to be mistaken if you think their uncles and grandparents will live with them during quarantine. Sure, some players will break the rules, but I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that the players are just gonna be roaming around living life on their off days. Not gonna happen

I honestly don't know where you're getting that they'll be quarantined. You mentioned Ariza below but I don't think the NFL has a similar bubble plan in place like the NBA does. The Pats quotes above actually cast doubt on the feasibility of that happening.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
5) Some high-profile players will object to playing out of fear for their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of family members.

Quote:

Malcolm Jenkins: ‘Risk has to be eliminated’
Jenkins expressed what other players are surely feeling, and that’s concern about playing football while trying to stay clear of COVID-19.

Until we get to a place as a country where we feel safe doing it, we have to understand football is a non-essential business, so we don’t need to do it,” Jenkins told CNN. “The risk has to be really eliminated before we — before I — would feel comfortable going back.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci recently made news by saying it’s hard to see football being played in the fall unless players and coaches were “essentially in a bubble.” That is not realistic for the NFL.

“The NBA is a lot different than the NFL because they can actually quarantine all their players, or whoever is going to participate,” Jenkins said on CNN. “We have over 2,000 players, even more coaches and staff, we can’t do that.”

Jenkins said he worries about family members like his parents getting sick if he’s exposed to the virus.

“We end up being on this trust system, the honor system where we have to hope guys are social distancing and things like that, and that puts all of us at risk,” Jenkins said.

The NFL hasn’t definitively laid out any plans for what happens if players want to opt out of this season due to fear of the virus. On an episode of HBO’s “Real Sports” with the union heads for the NFL, NBA and MLB, NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith was asked if he could see a scenario if a game is played between two teams that have several players who have opted out.

“Certainly. Just about everything is possible, just about every scenario is possible,” Smith said. “We’re going to be making a lot of decisions based on up-to-the-minute information that we have.”

That doesn’t give us a clear idea of how the NFL and union will treat players who want to opt out. There’s still some time to work through all of that, but clearly the virus is not going away. The NFL canceled its Hall of Fame game and Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in early August, which is after training camps are slated to open.

Jenkins says he won’t feel comfortable until the risk is eliminated, but the league and union have acknowledged they can’t eliminate the risk. A vaccine is highly unlikely to be readily available by football season.

Jenkins is a prominent voice in the NFL. If Jenkins does decide to not play this season, he might not be the only one.

More from Yahoo Sports:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm going to guess that when it comes down to the choice of making millions of dollars playing football in the fall with a chance you get sick or sitting at home and never leaving the house that they'll choose to play football.

It's not about the health of the players, it's about the health of their families. That's what all these guys are saying.
FavreFan wrote:

This doesn’t make sense to me. The players will be quarantined. You and Zeke seem to be mistaken if you think their uncles and grandparents will live with them during quarantine. Sure, some players will break the rules, but I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that the players are just gonna be roaming around living life on their off days. Not gonna happen

I honestly don't know where you're getting that they'll be quarantined. You mentioned Ariza below but I don't think the NFL has a similar bubble plan in place like the NBA does. The Pats quotes above actually cast doubt on the feasibility of that happening.

I predict 98 percent of NFL players will show up to play when the time comes and paychecks are on the line.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

I predict 98 percent of NFL players will show up to play when the time comes and paychecks are on the line.

Many of these guys are millionaires. Did you see the Jenkins and Zeke quotes? There is a considerable amount of players okay with skipping due to concern about their families.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

Many of these guys are millionaires. Did you see the Jenkins and Zeke quotes? There is a considerable amount of players okay with skipping due to concern about their families.

Over/under 45 players who voluntarily skip game 1. Which side you have?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

Under

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:36 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

If things continue on the next six weeks, I'll take the over. But I don't think that it will matter, I don't see venues like Soldier Field being opened anyway. Better enjoy whatever you get from the NBA and MLB.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

If things continue on the next six weeks, I'll take the over. But I don't think that it will matter, I don't see venues like Soldier Field being opened anyway. Better enjoy whatever you get from the NBA and MLB.

I don't think the plane is even taking off.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

yeah, they're not worried about concussions and long-term brain damage, but the COVID virus???? What in the actual fuck?

If we are limiting to one game, I'll take the over, but you string together half a season's worth of paychecks.....millionaire or not, they're going to get desperate for a paycheck and will eventually cave.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:29 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
yeah, they're not worried about concussions and long-term brain damage, but the COVID virus???? What in the actual fuck?

So looks like you're another guy who ignores what NFL players are saying and just makes something up yourself, If you scroll up, yes, you will see guys like Zeke and Jenkins express more concern about COVID than concussions. And it has nothing to do with concern about the players themselves getting sick. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

So looks like you're another guy who ignores what NFL players are saying and just makes something up yourself, If you scroll up, yes, you will see guys like Zeke and Jenkins express more concern about COVID than concussions. And it has nothing to do with concern about the players themselves getting sick. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

I understand that, in addition I understand the extremely low percentage of people that have bad or severe symptoms from the virus. The death numbers continue to be highly skewed based on AGE and pre-existing conditions. I'm also familiar with how long it takes vaccines and management medicines to get developed and approved for use.

This thing isn't going anywhere any time soon. You can get it now, or you can get it next year. When would you like it? Never is probably not an option. You'll have to forgive me if I find their logic strange.

Have a blessed day.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

So over 45 for week 1? I'll take the under.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I don't think the season will even start. Avatar signature bet?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:55 pm 

The only thing people seem to be in agreement about is that the damn virus causes lung scarring and possibly long term damage. If I've already banked a good amount, to hell with the NFL. And it's fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I don’t generally say this but I agree with Vegan. The MLB season will be a disaster and the NFL will save face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I don’t generally say this but I agree with Vegan. The MLB season will be a disaster and the NFL will save face.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

FF demands evidence of prominent players speaking up against starting the season, is presented with two players doing more or less exactly that, and ignores it all in favor of a dumb tweet. SAD!

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Did you vote?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=121968

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:58 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

On there being an NFL season? Of course. You might as well let me set it now for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
FavreFan wrote:

Ironic using a quote from a man who was half paralyzed by polio and lived a good chunk of his life in a wheel chair from the disease.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 am 

How did Malcolm Jenkins suddenly become the go to expert on every topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
How did Malcolm Jenkins suddenly become the go to expert on every topic.

Outspoken and black.

The same reason Nas is my go to expert here.

TRUBINKSY!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:46 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FF demands evidence of prominent players speaking up against starting the season, is presented with two players doing more or less exactly that, and ignores it all in favor of a dumb tweet. SAD!

You found one player out of 2,000 saying he doesn’t want to play. Nice work detective.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:24 am 

Quote:
Despite the advisory, Brady and several of his new Buccaneers teammates, including tight end Rob Gronkowski, continued to hold workouts at a Tampa, Florida, high school, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Smith also addressed ongoing talks between the league and union over how positive coronavirus cases among players will be handled from a roster and benefits perspective.

"I certainly understand how competitive our players are and I get that," Smith told USA Today. "But at the same time, we are in the process of trying to negotiate, we have to negotiate with the league about what happens to a player if they test positive during the season. Does that player go on injured reserve? Do they go on short-term IR? If you test positive for the virus after training camp, is that a work-related injury? Are you covered under workers comp? What benefits are available to you if you have downstream injuries from contacting COVID-19?

"All of the things that players may want to do during the offseason have a direct impact on how well we can negotiate protections for them once the season starts. We sent out the guidance because we think that was in their best health and safety interests. Let's just say for some of the players who have practiced, we've made sure that they've heard the message."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/293 ... yer-safety

He's saying this assuming that once they work this out they can start, but again to me this is all bullshit. It can't be worked out, it's too messy. Within the article he reemphasizes how group workouts right now are not safe. If it's not safe now how the hell will actual games be any safer two months from now?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 am 

“Not safe” is a pretty relative term when you’re talking about a .0001% fatality rate among that demographic. It’s on them if they’re hanging out with grandma afterwards. The money will sort this all out

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next