It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Vin Scully.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:14 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
tommy wrote:
Vin Scully.

Yeah, let's cancel the guy who was friends with Jackie and Rachel Robinson. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Jemele Hill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
tommy wrote:
Vin Scully.

Yeah, let's cancel the guy who was friends with Jackie and Rachel Robinson. Brilliant.

I ain't saying she's a gold digger. But she ain't messing with no broke n****s. Here's the 3-2 to Jeff Kent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:49 am 

A good cancellation I think we all can agree on.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/virginia-school-board-votes-to-rename-robert-e-lee-high-school-86277189529

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

good or bad, at least a local issue was resolved through a democratic channel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:54 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Jemele Hill.

Just like Bernstein and Florio before her, she tweeted this morning that she has evolved.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:00 am 

I'm SERIOUSLY disappointed with Jemele. I'd still do her, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im sure this is going to go well for Jemelle.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
billypootons wrote:
jenny slate gives up role voicing bi-racial character on netflix cartoon... not even jews are safe

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/actress-jenny-slate-biracial-character-netflix-big-mouth
SHE'S A FUCKING ACTOR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THAT'S WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING, THEY PRETEND!

Mike Henry, come on down!

Can white writers still write dialogue for non-white characters? How can it possibly be OK for a white person to LITERALLY PUT WORDS IN THE MOUTH OF A PERSON OF COLOR?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
billypootons wrote:
jenny slate gives up role voicing bi-racial character on netflix cartoon... not even jews are safe

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/actress-jenny-slate-biracial-character-netflix-big-mouth
SHE'S A FUCKING ACTOR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THAT'S WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING, THEY PRETEND!

Mike Henry, come on down!

Can white writers still write dialogue for non-white characters? How can it possibly be OK for a white person to LITERALLY PUT WORDS IN THE MOUTH OF A PERSON OF COLOR?

Yeah, they went through that last year, believe it or not....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lets take it to its logical conclusion. Black people shouldnt be taught by whites, policed by whites, or pretty much have anything to do with white people. its been a good run. Back to segregation.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Reddit was my favorite social media platform, but now it looks like the CEO is threatening to ban pages if the mods don't follow their new guidelines. Mods are already deleting threads like crazy. This is why people need to go back to forums like this so it's more independent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Reddit was my favorite social media platform
Shocking.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Like Twitter, Reddit is a terrible and ugly platform that strips posters of any identifying traits (even more so than Twitter) and reduces discussion to fishing for validation. It's like ilxor if everyone had brain damage.

Anyway, Reddit nuked r/the_donald and r/chapotraphouse, neither of which is any great loss to the world. But they also nuked r/gendercritical, which I thought was unfair and not even close to the enormity of the Trump sub.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Reddit was my favorite social media platform
Shocking.

I'm shocked it wasn't 8chan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 am 

I don't think it will benefit minorities in entertainment if actors can only portray characters of their race. Of course, I also don't think the people who are complaining would consider a minority character playing a white person to be a problem, which really exposes the hypocrisy. It will be answered with something like "white people will be ok" or "now is the time to be quiet and listen".

#boycotthamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
good dolphin wrote:
I don't think it will benefit minorities in entertainment if actors can only portray characters of their race. Of course, I also don't think the people who are complaining would consider a minority character playing a white person to be a problem, which really exposes the hypocrisy. It will be answered with something like "white people will be ok" or "now is the time to be quiet and listen".

#boycotthamilton

I’m outraged that they allow adults to voice the children characters! These people are inhuman! What about grown ass women voicing young boy characters? What’s that all about? Savages!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
What about Frank Caliendo ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Bagels wrote:
What about Frank Caliendo ?

What about these men dressing up as women? Or vice versa?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Peta just weighed in. No more humans voicing over for animals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:
Peta just weighed in. No more humans voicing over for animals.

i googled peta to try and find out more about this. the top link (an ad) takes you to a donation page with this background

no explanation of the photo is given.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 am 

I really enjoyed this writing on privilege theory, especially the part I'm block-quoting here, double-especially the part I'm boldfacing in red here: https://whitehotharlots.tumblr.com/post ... ause-it-is

Quote:
What are the material effects of privilege, at least as they are imagined by those who believe the concept to be something that must be sussed out and eradicated? A privileged person gets to live their life with the expectation that they will face no undue hurdles to success and fulfillment because of their identity markers, that they will not be subject to constant surveillance and/or made to suffer grave consequences for minor or arbitrary offenses, and that police will not be able to murder them at will. The effects of “privilege” are what we might have once called “freedom” or “dignity.” Until very recently, progressives regarded these effects not as problematic, but as a humane baseline, a standard that all decent people should fight to provide to all of our fellow citizens.

Here we find the utility in the use of the specific term “privilege.” Similar to how austerity-minded politicians refer to social security as an “entitlement,” conflating dignity and privilege gives it the sense of something undeserved and unearned–things that no one, let alone members of racially advantaged groups, could expect for themselves unless they were blinded by selfishness and coddled by an insufficiently cruel social structure. The problem isn’t therefore that humans are being selectively brutalized. Brutality is the baseline, the natural order, the unavoidable constant that has not been engineered into our society but simply is what society is and will always be. The problem, instead, is that some people are being exempted from some forms of brutalization. The problem is that pain does not stretch far enough.

We are a nation that worships cruelty and authority. All Americans, regardless of gender or race, are united in being litigious tattletales who take joy in hurting one another, who will never run out of ways to rationalize their own cruelty even as they decry the cruelty of others. We are taught from birth that human life has no value, that material success is morally self-validating, and that those who suffer deserve to suffer. This is our real cultural brokenness: a deep, foundational hatred of one another and of ourselves. It transcends all identity markers. It stains us all. And it’s why we’ve all run headlong into a regressive and idiotic understanding of race at a time when we desperately need to unite and help one another.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I really enjoyed this writing on privilege theory, especially the part I'm block-quoting here, double-especially the part I'm boldfacing in red here: https://whitehotharlots.tumblr.com/post ... ause-it-is

Quote:
What are the material effects of privilege, at least as they are imagined by those who believe the concept to be something that must be sussed out and eradicated? A privileged person gets to live their life with the expectation that they will face no undue hurdles to success and fulfillment because of their identity markers, that they will not be subject to constant surveillance and/or made to suffer grave consequences for minor or arbitrary offenses, and that police will not be able to murder them at will. The effects of “privilege” are what we might have once called “freedom” or “dignity.” Until very recently, progressives regarded these effects not as problematic, but as a humane baseline, a standard that all decent people should fight to provide to all of our fellow citizens.

Here we find the utility in the use of the specific term “privilege.” Similar to how austerity-minded politicians refer to social security as an “entitlement,” conflating dignity and privilege gives it the sense of something undeserved and unearned–things that no one, let alone members of racially advantaged groups, could expect for themselves unless they were blinded by selfishness and coddled by an insufficiently cruel social structure. The problem isn’t therefore that humans are being selectively brutalized. Brutality is the baseline, the natural order, the unavoidable constant that has not been engineered into our society but simply is what society is and will always be. The problem, instead, is that some people are being exempted from some forms of brutalization. The problem is that pain does not stretch far enough.

We are a nation that worships cruelty and authority. All Americans, regardless of gender or race, are united in being litigious tattletales who take joy in hurting one another, who will never run out of ways to rationalize their own cruelty even as they decry the cruelty of others. We are taught from birth that human life has no value, that material success is morally self-validating, and that those who suffer deserve to suffer. This is our real cultural brokenness: a deep, foundational hatred of one another and of ourselves. It transcends all identity markers. It stains us all. And it’s why we’ve all run headlong into a regressive and idiotic understanding of race at a time when we desperately need to unite and help one another.

Wow that really does sum up Americans quite nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am 

Terry Crews

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
That last paragraph is the perfect prologue to the JDC book.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

Must have been tough to decide what to boldface. The whole thing is a sledgehammer of truth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Next Up,Captain America.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Must have been tough to decide what to boldface. The whole thing is a sledgehammer of truth

It is, and the whole blog is pretty good (don't let the tumblr domain name throw you), but lately I've been getting really hung up on the deep spiritual malaise of the American people and just how cruel and spiteful we've become, surely in no small part because of competition for ever more limited resources. I don't expect or demand everyone to join hands and sing, don't get me wrong, but maybe if we could stop trying to run each other off a cliff for a little while, it'd be a real relief.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm 

Wisconsin students want to cancel Lincoln.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/midwest/ ... story.html

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 51  Next