It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
first summer without the lake house in Green Lake is hitting me hard now. This will be the first time in about 15 years that I don't spend my July 3 birthday on the great course at Lawsonia.

Looked for a tee time too late and couldn't get anything special for July 3. ended up with Sunset Valley which is a fine course, but I was hoping for Stonewall orchard or maybe even splurging and checking out Glen Club. Big birthday friday, turning 50.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Big week for fellow golfer Cancers! Doug Monday, mine tomorrow, shakes Friday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
And all of us in different decades of age...neat!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Playing Friday at Whispering Springs in Fond du Lac, Shakes knows this course well. Not sure on Saturday yet.

I barely know that course. Now as for navigating the many streams and waterways that run through the course I'm pretty much Lewis and Clark in that department.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
+3 going into Par 5 #15. 100 yards to the green but have to hit over a tree. Tried to jump on a gap wedge and shanked it 75 yards right into a pond. Walked over there and dropped one. Had 80 to the pin and caught it too well. Flew green , hit the cart path, into the woods and gone. Dropped again and ended up with a 9. :eye: Played even last 3 holes for a 79, but it was disappointing blowing up on that one hole. Early tee times next two mornings so I’ll just get back at it. Hope you guys are getting out this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm 

Played at Whispering Springs, from the Blue Tees, 6500+ yards. Started out +4 after 3 holes. Made 2 birdies coming in on the front and shot 38. Birdied 18 on the back to shoot 78, by far the best I have played this year. Had 4 3 putts and 2 tops. Playing again Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
78? Damn, that's shooting.

Buddy texted me today. He played the last 3 days....82, 82 and today 105. He was looking for an explanation. I said we're hacks. Don't try and overthink it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
78? Damn, that's shooting.

Buddy texted me today. He played the last 3 days....82, 82 and today 105. He was looking for an explanation. I said we're hacks. Don't try and overthink it.

Thanks, it felt pretty good. Can't wait to play Sunday. Also, the other scores were 83, 89 and 94. Good group.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:20 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Played at Whispering Springs, from the Blue Tees, 6500+ yards. Started out +4 after 3 holes. Made 2 birdies coming in on the front and shot 38. Birdied 18 on the back to shoot 78, by far the best I have played this year. Had 4 3 putts and 2 tops. Playing again Sunday.

Nice :alien: :alien:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
SteepleChase from the whites today.
Had a rough start. 8, 7, 5...finished with a 53 on the front. Played better on the back for a 48. Lost 4 balls. Figured out the driver. 53 wedge is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:04 pm 

played well on my birthday. Not as good as last year's 76, but a lot better than two year's ago 108. Shot an 82 at Sunset Valley with a fridge double on 18. Very nice course since the renovation. before the renovation it was the course you paid $35 and got a cart and you felt like that was a fair price. Now it's $79 with a cart prime time and you still feel like you paid the correct price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 am 

Lots of good stuff as games round into shape. Shot a 78 again yesterday at Hartford Golf Club, about 6300 yards. Had another 2 3 putts and got my standard top in again. But I have added 1 rescue club and it is has made a ton of difference in my game. Looking to add another and just take the 3 and 4 irons out of the bag.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I had a 7:40 tee time but got there at 7 to stretch and putt. The clubhouse guy suggested that I just go out before the first foursome. I got passed by another single (looked to be maybe an 8-10 hcp) on #3, but was clear of everyone by number 5 and could settle into a 3 hour pace (on the nose).

Not warming up or stretching, plus playing alone on that course for the first time, plus a lot of glare... The first five holes were not pretty, and I played a lot of two ball best ball until the 100 yard marker. I relaxed after that and the course widened a little bit, and other than chunking the ball when I picked my head up I played well except with driver.

I ended up shooting a best ball 99 from the senior tees. They weren't an afterthought or just put 5 yards from the women's tees. 5450 yards, gave you a legitimate shot of getting to the 150 marker in most par 4s, and took forced carries out of the picture.

The greens had been aerated a few weeks ago and the punch marks were still there. But they were holding well and true, which meant that I could really make some progress on my 45-90 yard pitching game, even though I was taking 2 clubs more than usual and focusing on form and keeping my head still. For the first time, I felt like my game could mimic the retired tradesmen I learned the game from in the late 70s and early 80s.

A definite keeper, even though it was a 75 minute drive. I will have to play there again this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:16 am 

Nice, keep it up Chet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nice, keep it up Chet.

Thanks, the support here helps.

No golf next week as I have to be in Chicago. BTW, did Telegram Sam re-surface? I wanted to stop there for lunch in Sunday if he is working.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Going out Thursday afternoon for a freebie round at Stony Creek. Hoping to break 80 (its a short par 66 course).
Ended up with an 83, but really hit the ball well. Only one three putt on the day. I think I had 9 pars. Thru the first 14 holes, I was +7 which is really a nice stretch of golf for me. It was hot, muggy, and I drank beer the whole time. The final four holes were kind of a shit show as the beer definitely caught up with me. I likely would have had a 77 or 78 had I been sober. Was still a great time and was good to get into a grove and play well for more than just a 3-4 hole stretch.

I'm on AJ duty all weekend, though I'm trying to talk my mom into watching him for a little bit on Saturday so the old man and I can get out and play 9.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:29 pm 

I’m playing next three mornings. My buddy who we thought had a mild stroke sounds like he his recovering from a bout of Vertigo. He’s supposed to join us tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

You are friends with Jason Day?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
My game is starting to come around. I was part of a team that won our 4th of July event (count 1-2-3 best ball) and won a singles match on Sunday against a pretty good stick 2&1. Cautiously optimistic for the rest of the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:26 pm 

Franky T wrote:
My game is starting to come around. I was part of a team that won our 4th of July event (count 1-2-3 best ball) and won a singles match on Sunday against a pretty good stick 2&1. Cautiously optimistic for the rest of the summer.

What putter were you using? :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

No but very happy he didn’t have a stroke. I guess vertigo can be pretty serious in its own way. Hoping he can bounce back.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:28 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No but very happy he didn’t have a stroke. I guess vertigo can be pretty serious in its own way. Hoping he can bounce back.

I had a mild case of vertigo last August and it knocked me on my ass for about three weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

An old Scotty I bought from some guy on the internet. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:28 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

If you made 1 putt with it, that is more than he ever did. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:00 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

If you made 1 putt with it, that is more than he ever did. :mrgreen:

That’s probably true actually. So happy it’s out there working for someone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:34 pm 

I’ve had it with the newer driving iron this season. Into the jail cell it goes and out of mothballs comes the semi-trusty Ping Zing 1 iron. Nice round today and happy the temps and humidity dropped a bit. Back at it tomorrow. Friday got rained out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

I played 9 holes this afternoon and for the first six it was like I had never swung a club in my life. Tops, three putts, a lost ball, it was like Deacon Blues as a golfer. Par 34 course (in TREMENDOUS shape), had 40 going to the 7th tee. Somehow, I broke 50...

Finished birdie (120yd par 3), eagle (242yd par 4, driver to about 12'), par (520 yd par 5).

This motherfuckin game.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:44 am 

played Deerfield Saturday afternoon. was hesitant to play after playing hockey the previous two nights and having a lot of back pain and stiffness on Saturday, but it was my only chance to play all weekend so bit the bullet and went.

Started out predictably slow as my back was a mess. Chunked the first drive 50 yards. Got on the bogey train on the front with 8 bogeys and 1 par for a 44. Started getting shots of sciatic pain on every swing around hole #9. Figured I would quit if i kept playing poorly since it wouldn't be worth the pain if I was playing like crap. Bogeyed #10, but then had a nice birdie on #11. Got on the par train after that and parred every hole except a double on a par 3 where my t shot ended up pinned up against a trap lip. Finished 38 on the back for a 82.

Been real consistent this year. Pretty much locked in at 80-84 aside from one rough mid 90s round at Thunderhawk about a month ago.

Supposed to go to South Bend Thursday for 72 holes of golf in 2 days, but just found out yesterday my buddy in South Bend might've been virus exposed. Him and his son are getting tested today, not sure how long it takes to get results, but this might mean we gotta cancel the trip.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 am 

Headed out this morning and if all goes as planned, both days this weekend. I’ve been able to keep up the pace and with some flexibility in my schedule getting out quite a bit this season. Should be at 44 rounds by Sunday. Been hitting the ball more consistently lately, but this season has been all about bad holes blowing up my rounds. Still trying to find a consistent shot to hit from the tee on tight holes and the par 3s at my courses are almost all long. One is 155 and another plays 175 but all the 6 others are over 190 with the longest playing 235. Makes for tough scoring. Not complaining as a bad day on the course is better than most any other activities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 am 

my trip to South Bend got cancelled as my buddy's son isn't getting his virus results back till today.

Gonna at least get some golf in though as me and my other buddy who was driving out to SB with me are gonna play Glencoe this afternoon. Don't mind the heat, it feels like I'm really exercising when I sweat that much golfing. Just gonna make sure to bring at least 4 gloves to alternate throughout the round. 1:40 tee time should put us right in the cross hairs of the sun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next