It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Struggled all round at Glencoe yesterday. Just had a really hard time swinging the club, felt like I had no ROM or flexibility. Couldn't put the center of the club face on the ball all day especially with my irons. It showed as I only hit 2 GIR all round. Did hit 9 fairways, but still thought it was my worst driving round all year as I had a 2 way miss all round. Also putted terribly in terms of reading the breaks. My speed was good, but I was a good 4-5 feet off on just about every long putt. Saved my round with really good greenside chipping since I had a lot of opportunities with my poor iron play.

Despite all that still kept it in the 80s. 43-43-86. Always a good sign when you can play like total crap and still keep it somewhat respectable on the card. Course was a little deep for me at 6300 yards. Had my longest fairway club (3 hybrid) in my hand way too much and with my swing issues I was only hitting it about 150 yards (usually goes about 180-190).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Got out a couple of days ago for the first time this year. Gorgeous early morning weather and dewy greens had me at bogey/par/birdie for the first three. The next 15? Not so good. Still couldn’t believe I didn’t shoot over 100 seeing that I hadn’t played since last fall, and only hit the driving range once.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
72 with two lost balls and two missed putts inside 5 ft. Had 5 birdies. Ridiculously humid. The swass meter was high. It was a tough walk on the back nine. Knew I was getting closer to going low but that might have been the best chancE I’ll have this year. Back at it tomorrow. Can’t imagine playing during the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
48-50 at Broken Arrow on Friday. Outside of a few pot marks on the green, the course was in absolutely spectacular shape. The 48 on the front was not real indicative of how well I hit the ball tee to green. I bladed a chip, and had three 3-putts, including three missed putts inside of about 6'. Should have been more like a 44 or 45.

The 50 on the back, however, was well earned. Four lost balls including two on a par 5 where I put up a 10. I had a better short game on the back nine, but was more errant off the tee and that got me into trouble. Had a 7, an 8, and the 10 on the back 9, but three pars as well. I walked and it was incredibly humid. I was feeling it by about the 15th hole.

Really hit the ball well over all the first 12 holes or so. One of these rounds this season I will get it together and not only break 90, but break 85

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Shot 79 today. The way I was playing a month ago I didn't think I would sniff the 70's this summer. Finally hitting some solid iron shots. My game 60 yards and in has been really good (knock on wood). I'm really loving that putter I bought from T-Bone. And I mean really loving it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nice Franky! Tbone also getting it done while sweating buckets. I expect Hawg to post soon about a 68 he put up.

Using some gift certificates and rain checks to play twice this weekend; Friday AM at Fountain Hills in Alsip. It's a 9 hole track, but we're going around twice and I plan to play the back tees on second loop. Saturday twilight its Silver Lake south. One spot open for this if anyone is innnerested.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nice Franky! Tbone also getting it done while sweating buckets. I expect Hawg to post soon about a 68 he put up.

Using some gift certificates and rain checks to play twice this weekend; Friday AM at Fountain Hills in Alsip. It's a 9 hole track, but we're going around twice and I plan to play the back tees on second loop. Saturday twilight its Silver Lake south. One spot open for this if anyone is innnerested.

Hawg can't play right now. :(

My allergies are terrible right now and I can't wear my contacts. I can't play golf in my glasses, the ball looks like it is sitting up on a hill everytime.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:53 pm 

One of my tennis players was telling me this morning that he started playing golf lately. He asked me if I wanted to go play with him so we got in 9 holes after practice. That is a great way to feel a lot better about your game :lol: Although I think the kid can already chip better than I can. :oops:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I played today in the annual charity golf outing I participate in. The glorious Mendota country club hosted it. My skills were as awful as ever but there were enough good shots to get me To convince myself I should play more. And enough god awful ones thst I wonder why I play. (Followed by telling myself it’s not very practical to get upset at how bad you are when you never play).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm glad today wasn't my first round back... but it's still better than not playing. First time back after missing the last two Tuesdays.

Good: had 3 bogeys in the first 6 holes. Played best ball 2-ball in theory, but I only played my second shot once. The couse had punched tne greens last week so they had cut the greens fee down to $25 riding. Really friendly people, i will definitely return this fall once I get a little more distance in my game.

Bad: Hit a good tee shot on 7 and then my game went to shit. It took me a couple holes to realize that my lower back had tightened up and what little speed I had with the downswing was gone. I limped in to a 53 on the front 9. The course was longer off the senior tees (5900) than what I had played to date (5400-5600) so I was pleased given my back.

The course was a good older design but as a result narrow and tree lined on every hole. Those of you who remember Timber Trails in its 18 hole form, very similar and likewise near a main highway with a lot of truck traffic. So for the back 9, I skipped the par 3s and dropped at 190-200 for the 4s and 300 for the 5s and practiced approaching with 3H/PW with two balls and chipping and putting, and didn't keep score. I had a slow front 9 for a solo, but finished up in 3:10, and even with a 50 minute drive each way was home by 11:20.

My PW was good from 35-55. I need to improve the clubhead speed to get it out to 80-85 without skulling it. Right now at 85 I'm pitching in a 6 and just trying to stay out of the sand. Hitting 32 3H and 32 PW from real lies on the back 9 helped, I was able to make some adjustments to stance and grip.

Back out next Tuesday if the hurricane east of Puerto Rico misses us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Using some gift certificates and rain checks to play twice this weekend; Friday AM at Fountain Hills in Alsip. It's a 9 hole track, but we're going around twice and I plan to play the back tees on second loop. Saturday twilight its Silver Lake south.
Really hit the ball well at Fountain, but did not score well due to MANY three putts. Shot a 91, but was happy with the way I struck the ball.

Saturday at Silver was a shitshow. I hit the driver pretty decently and had some real nice chips and pitches, but other than that my game was dreadful. Shot a 106 and only had one three putt. Lost balls, shanks, chunks, only one GIR and one par. It was a real mess.

Both courses were in great shape and while warm and humid (especially on Saturday), the weather and conditions made the rounds very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm 

What was the pace at Silver Lake? The one time I tried to play it on a weekend years ago, it was just short of 5 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fine. We teed off a little after 4 in the afternoon, and finished with enough daylight for probably one more hole if we needed to play one. So just shy of four and a half hours. Not bad at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:58 am 

Back at it today after 10 days off. No great expectations and hopefully can pick up where I left off after putting it all together. For a few days. I brought a bunch of clubs home from my moms so I need to sell almost all of them online. I’ll post here first but I’m not sure anyone will be interested. Great first set for someone. He’s got a bunch of putters including some odyssey and taylormade Rossas I don’t want. Might put them in the clubhouse at my course and they usually get 10% finders fee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:01 am 

72 this morning with 4 birdies. I topped two 3 woods off the deck trying to reach par 5s. One three putt. I was shocked I played so well after 10 days off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:04 am 

T-Bone wrote:
72 this morning with 4 birdies. I topped two 3 woods off the deck trying to reach par 5s. One three putt. I was shocked I played so well after 10 days off.

Nice round.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:24 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Nice round.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Nice round.

+1
Only if it was a par 71 course.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
going out on Sunday again. It's been a couple of weeks. I plan on playing the par 3 in Grayslake early next week as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Just got a deal on a demo TM M6 driver to replace my R11. Anyone hit one of these? I know for my game it’s an improvement I just have not heard of the shaft before. It’s a project max even flow max carry something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:07 pm 

One of my coworkers was complaining yesterday that he blew up on #8 in league play and shot a 40 instead of a 37. This was after I told him I shot a 53 off the senior tees. I politely told him to go fuck himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Just got a deal on a demo TM M6 driver to replace my R11. Anyone hit one of these? I know for my game it’s an improvement I just have not heard of the shaft before. It’s a project max even flow max carry something.

Good thing about the shaft is it's easy to change if it doesn't fit your swing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am 

pittmike wrote:

I’ve been playing the M5 this year and love it. Evenflow shaft is a good one if it matches up with your swing speed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Plan to get out this weekend.

Had a GLORIOUS practice range session last week. Only issue was lag putts.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I’ve been playing the M5 this year and love it. Evenflow shaft is a good one if it matches up with your swing speed.

That’s sort of what I read. So we will see once I get it. Could not pass the prices. Same as an M4.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:59 am 

Getting back at it Saturday 9:12 at Whispering Springs. It will be my 2nd round at the course this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
playing tomorrow for first time in a couple weeks. Deerfield with a buddy. Resident rate is $44 with a cart, pretty sweet for a solid course that's always in good shape.

Played out here a few weeks ago and struggled on the front and then did great on teh back. Front is much tougher at Deerfield. I'd say the 5 or 6 hardest holes on the course are all on the front. Hoping to get off to a better start tomorow. The key is coming off of #2 at at most 1 over. #1 is super easy and must be parred to have any shot at a good round cause there's a par 4 out there that I'm ecstatic to walk away with a bogey. #2 requires a ass tightening drive to a very narrow landing spot between a pond and OB. After that the hole opens up.

Back 9 out there is wide open and not that interesting, but will always hold a special place in my heart since I got my ace on #16. Back then it was #7.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 pm 

I played my quarter-finals match today and won 4 & 3 with a birdie on 15. Feels good to win a match by making a 15' birdie putt instead of winning because your opponent has a bad hole. The changes I made to my setup and grip earlier this month are starting to pay off. On to the semis!

Special shout out to the putter T-Bone :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Played a short 9 hole muni dog track yesterday. Three par 3's and only about 2700 yards. $14 to walk was just the ticket and even though it was a bit humid, it was still a nice morning. Hit the ball pretty well for the first 7 holes. Two 3-putts and lost a ball on the 9th, but still put up a 40. Also knocked an item off of my golf bucket list- an eagle on a par 5! Its short, only about 450-460 yards, but its still written as a par 5 on the scorecard. Hit a great drive and lucked out with a huge bounce and roll off of a downhill little ridge. Then put a PW to about 10' and sank the putt. My second career eagle, but first on a par 5. My previous eagle was in 2013 on a short par 4 at Coyote Run that I drove almost pin high, then pitched in from about 30 yards. I've reached a few par 5's in two, but really never had been close enough to have a good chance at draining the eagle putt. It was pretty cool to finally get that done!

Hit five GIR, but the three putts kept me out of the 30s for score. The pace drastically slowed over the final three holes or so, and I think that kinda screwed with my rhythm and knocked me off of my game a bit, but I hit the ball well enough to feel a bit redeemed after my crap effort at Silver Lake last weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:02 pm 

No course for me this coming week - we are getting Isaias coming through Monday night and Tuesday morning. I haven't been to the range in a month, so I will do that on Friday instead and work on driver and chipping.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next