It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
It was confirmed today that Lily has lymphoma. We are starting weekly chemo treatments currently. 8 weekly, 8 every other week, over 25 weeks. If she goes into remission after that, she should be around for another 70mos or so. $15k.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'm sorry, Doug.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
My Dad is having heart surgery tomorrow so any positive vibes you can send out to the universe, our family would appreciate it. ❤

From Mom:
Dad will be having the valve replacement surgery tomorrow afternoon let's pray that all goes well that they can remove the temporary pump and that his heart will work efficiently on its own pray pray pray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Good luck...you're due for some.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Good luck...you're due for some.
We all are.

Good vibes being sent to the d-ep clan

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Surgery is happening now. We should know in 1-3 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
hope it goes well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
BigW72 wrote:
Thanks, everyone.
I'm an IT Program Management....mostly SAP and large project implementations. Under normal circumstances, I have a marketable resume....but right now it's very difficult to see many companies actively recruiting. The corporate job market is currently very strange, as many would expect.

I had a good run. I had the chance to make really good money working for a company who's product and brand is legendary....it's why I went to work there in the first place. I was a customer and fan my entire life prior to working there.

My position was eliminated along with 14% of the companies entire salaried workforce. Imagine that....in one day 14 percent of the company was told "bye". It's HUGE. I have 3 months to find a new job before I head out to the edge of a cliff. I'm optimistic for now...if I'm able to find something comparable, I will remain a customer and just look back on my 7 years very fondly. Hoping for the best.

Dr. Egon Spengler wrote:
With those qualifications, you should have no trouble gaining employment in either the housekeeping OR food services industries!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Egon didn't say that. Venkman did.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:48 pm 

:oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 am 

The local sports radio station just underwent a major change July 20th- new frequency, new band even, and all new lineup. The one guy at the family of stations who is responsible for all things sports is my age, so he may be slowing down, or the corona cuts may have gone deeper. The sister rock station has cut every deejay from the lineup, only the two morning show sophomores have survived, and they cover all the daylight hours between the two of them until programmed/Lou Brutus finishes the evening and overnight.

Now my local sports station gives me Golic/Wingo to start the morning until 9A (for a week or so, then who knows what will follow, but it should be an upgrade), then I get two hours of state-based political talk out of Lansing, which tends to run just slightly more professional than college radio, They shift back to the first two hours of Dan Patric, offset an hour from his live broadcast time, just because. Then they dump him for two hours of Dave Ramsey. His show is presented in hour-long segments that could have been recorded any time since probably March, and he now features a constant cohost, one of the "Ramsey personalities". It's okay, I like it for now. The station then jumps to three hours of "Dr. Asa" talk, and some other filler, until I finally get THE HUGE SHOW at 6P, and we all know how unlistenable that is. I'll still get Tigers games, at least.

So, during the local station holes, I get either Bernstein or Cap and Jurko or LoHo until McNeil/Parkins/Meatpants

sinithaurus: changes have left me with hours-long stretches of shit choices, regardless of frequency

My daughter just rolls her eyes and groans "Boomer"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
K Effective wrote:
The local sports radio station just underwent a major change July 20th- new frequency, new band even, and all new lineup. The one guy at the family of stations who is responsible for all things sports is my age, so he may be slowing down, or the corona cuts may have gone deeper. The sister rock station has cut every deejay from the lineup, only the two morning show sophomores have survived, and they cover all the daylight hours between the two of them until programmed/Lou Brutus finishes the evening and overnight.

Now my local sports station gives me Golic/Wingo to start the morning until 9A (for a week or so, then who knows what will follow, but it should be an upgrade), then I get two hours of state-based political talk out of Lansing, which tends to run just slightly more professional than college radio, They shift back to the first two hours of Dan Patric, offset an hour from his live broadcast time, just because. Then they dump him for two hours of Dave Ramsey. His show is presented in hour-long segments that could have been recorded any time since probably March, and he now features a constant cohost, one of the "Ramsey personalities". It's okay, I like it for now. The station then jumps to three hours of "Dr. Asa" talk, and some other filler, until I finally get THE HUGE SHOW at 6P, and we all know how unlistenable that is. I'll still get Tigers games, at least.

So, during the local station holes, I get either Bernstein or Cap and Jurko or LoHo until McNeil/Parkins/Meatpants

sinithaurus: changes have left me with hours-long stretches of shit choices, regardless of frequency

I discovered driving the central US over the last 10 years that Dave Ramsey is ubiquitous.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Dave Ramsey is great to listen to. I hate all of the other Dave Ramsey personalities. They all stink. Dave ramsey can at least work outside his plan in specific instances. None of the others can. They only know the FPU steps and they regurgitate it lock and step.

His daughter is the worst.

I disagree with dave on credit cards and his investment strategies but I understand them.

There is worse radio out there. But people love listening to other people have financial issues. The guy who edits the youtube channel said that he can see which parts of the show people watch and which ones people forward through. When people do debt free screams are the least watched/listened to segments of the show he said.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Seacrest wrote:
K Effective wrote:

I discovered driving the central US over the last 10 years that Dave Ramsey is ubiquitous.
That is absolutely true. No matter where you are in farmland the AM dial has 3 stations simultaneously broadcasting Rush, followed by Hannity, bookended by local wannabees or the one non-religious alternative Dave Ramsey selling one of his books telling you to stay home and eat gruel until you are debt free.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:11 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
stay home and eat gruel until you are debt free.

:lol: :lol:

some farm communities have radio classifieds for like an hour.

the next caller is myrtle, go ahead myrtle

hello i'm myrtle and i have 5 longenberger baskets i'd like to sell for 50 dollars. if you'd like them call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

the next caller is bob go ahead bob

this is bob hi, i have a 60" bucket for a 1960 1460 john deere front end loader. I'm asking 250 dollars you can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx no texts.

and the guy taking calls like makes jokes..."hahaha well that sounds like a bucket.....of fun.."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I had a filling fall out and days later my fucking tooth cracked.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:19 pm 

there is nothing worse that can happen to your body with little chance of you dying than dealing with teeth issues.

sometimes on tv there are commercials for like denture creams and stuff and i'm like they seem happy and appear to be living full lives. I should just have the dentist pull them all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:36 pm 

hnd wrote:
there is nothing worse that can happen to your body with little chance of you dying than dealing with teeth issues.

sometimes on tv there are commercials for like denture creams and stuff and i'm like they seem happy and appear to be living full lives. I should just have the dentist pull them all.

My Aunt had this done for her 18th birthday- Mom says her teeth were really bad and she was convinced dentures would be easier. For the last 30 years, the sets she has worn have been terrible, like gleaned from a coffin (you know, hnd level). It has been a running joke amongst us cousins, but the last set really apparently hurt her, and she basically stopped eating solid food- dropped down to like 80 pounds, malnourished. This happened in less than a year, or so. She's no spring chicken, at 84, but the teeth literally caused many of her health problems, at least Mom is convinced of it.

But, I'm sure it would be good for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
K Effective wrote:

How about podcasts? I listen to everything from sports to politics to science to pop culture. I rarely listen to live radio anymore unless it is short local driving.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:17 pm 

yep, that's the advice my daughter hissed at me after the Boomer groan.

I just want to waddle out the door and push a button and listen to my choice, not have to download stuff every night for the next day. I know, Boomer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:29 am 

baseball parents are on edge like I've never seen before

Why is it that every guy who grew up in Rogers Park remembers themselves as a playground superstar who just got sidetracked by other things which prevented them from making a high school team?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Why is it that every guy who grew up in Rogers Park remembers themselves as a playground superstar who just got sidetracked by other things which prevented them from making a high school team?

It's the Mike North/postal employee/cop syndrome. "I coulda been a contender"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Shots Fired at RPB!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 pm 

K Effective wrote:
hnd wrote:

My Aunt had this done for her 18th birthday- Mom says her teeth were really bad and she was convinced dentures would be easier. For the last 30 years, the sets she has worn have been terrible, like gleaned from a coffin (you know, hnd level). It has been a running joke amongst us cousins, but the last set really apparently hurt her, and she basically stopped eating solid food- dropped down to like 80 pounds, malnourished. This happened in less than a year, or so. She's no spring chicken, at 84, but the teeth literally caused many of her health problems, at least Mom is convinced of it.

But, I'm sure it would be good for you.

you have just thrown a large monkey wrench into my life plans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm 

Seems completely stupid to me that I have to pay for a building permit to put new shingles on my roof. I am not building anything.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
good dolphin wrote:

because it makes for a great story?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:

100% guarantee at least one of Dick Devine's kids fits that description.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Seems completely stupid to me that I have to pay for a building permit to put new shingles on my roof. I am not building anything.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have no problem with permits and inspections for construction or remodeling, I think they protect the homeowner in multiple ways.

My Mom was the clerk for the township Building department when we remodeled the farmhouse 20-some years ago, so she wanted me to play it exactly by the book so as to not impinge her reputation there. I refused to pay a demolition permit for an old farm building we were dismantling to make room for a garage. The inspector told me it was so he could check it over for electricity or water service prior to demolition to protect me. The farm had been in my family for 60 years at that point, and I had grown up playing in that granary most all my life. Wasn't anything he could tell me for $50.

I got into it with a coworker who was whining about his neighbor calling the municipality because he had a 40 yard dumpster in his driveway- he gutted the living area of the house, removed all bearing walls and installed beams, moved the kitchen to another area of the house, new plumbing, HVAC and wiring, insulation, drywall and flooring. But he didn't need a permit or inspections, 'because he knew how to do all that stuff".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 pm 

K Effective wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have no problem with permits and inspections for construction or remodeling, I think they protect the homeowner in multiple ways.

My Mom was the clerk for the township Building department when we remodeled the farmhouse 20-some years ago, so she wanted me to play it exactly by the book so as to not impinge her reputation there. I refused to pay a demolition permit for an old farm building we were dismantling to make room for a garage. The inspector told me it was so he could check it over for electricity or water service prior to demolition to protect me. The farm had been in my family for 60 years at that point, and I had grown up playing in that granary most all my life. Wasn't anything he could tell me for $50.

I got into it with a coworker who was whining about his neighbor calling the municipality because he had a 40 yard dumpster in his driveway- he gutted the living area of the house, removed all bearing walls and installed beams, moved the kitchen to another area of the house, new plumbing, HVAC and wiring, insulation, drywall and flooring. But he didn't need a permit or inspections, 'because he knew how to do all that stuff".

Yeah if we were building something then I would completely understand as I agree it can protect the homeowner.

And what really irks me is a city employee sees guys working on my roof and they send a guy to my house. This guys examines nothing and does nothing about any codes or inspections just says we have to go to city hall and get a permit before tomorrow or we will be fined.

Nothing more than the city getting some extra $$ for nothing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
RFDC wrote:
K Effective wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah if we were building something then I would completely understand as I agree it can protect the homeowner.

And what really irks me is a city employee sees guys working on my roof and they send a guy to my house. This guys examines nothing and does nothing about any codes or inspections just says we have to go to city hall and get a permit before tomorrow or we will be fined.

Nothing more than the city getting some extra $$ for nothing.

Armed tax collectors. Kill all city/county clerks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 190  Next