It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You're working with outdated links. There's a lot of new data already this year, most of it very unkind to your MT > Adams take. And I really don't give a shit about a clickbait ranking link, the people who write those put little thought into them outside of looking up the previous year's stats, which is how you get something silly like a possession slant WR like Michael Thomas as the #1 even though no GM on the planet would take him over Adams, Julio, or Hopkins.

Your guy isn't a current All-Pro, has never been named to an All-Pro team and may be a second team All-Pro at best this year. The other three have gotten that recognition. Imho your GM assertion is a bit off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
You're working with outdated links. There's a lot of new data already this year, most of it very unkind to your MT > Adams take. And I really don't give a shit about a clickbait ranking link, the people who write those put little thought into them outside of looking up the previous year's stats, which is how you get something silly like a possession slant WR like Michael Thomas as the #1 even though no GM on the planet would take him over Adams, Julio, or Hopkins.

Your guy isn't a current All-Pro, has never been named to an All-Pro team and may be a second team All-Pro at best this year. The other three have gotten that recognition. Imho your GM assertion is a bit off.

He's been the best WR on a per game basis this year and it's not particularly close. If that's not first team All Pro material I don't what is.

Your guy is averaging about 30 receiving yards a game this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He's been the best WR on a per game basis this year and it's not particularly close. If that's not first team All Pro material I don't what is.

No GM is taking him over Julio or Hopkins this year, no matter how you or other Packers fans feel. And we'll see about my guy going forward healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Id take him over Julio..not Hopkins, Hopkins is the kead dog for a long time now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:07 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No GM is taking him over Julio or Hopkins this year, no matter how you or other Packers fans feel. And we'll see about my guy going forward healthy.

Adams, Julio, and Hopkins are on the same tier. They are the three best WRs in the game and a solid argument can be made for any of the three. MT is on a tier below them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Adams, Julio, and Hopkins are on the same tier. They are the three best WRs in the game and a solid argument can be made for any of the three. MT is on a tier below them.

So if you want to limit the convo to production this year, then Julio might not even be the best WR on his team.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:23 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So if you want to limit the convo to production this year, then Julio might not even be the best WR on his team.

I'm not limiting the conversation to anything. I'm also not ignoring what's happening this year.

If you want to think Calvin Ridley is a better WR than Julio Jones then knock yourself out :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:26 pm 

Julio will be 32 next year, pushing 33.. You've seen his best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:27 pm 

312player wrote:

Sure, he's gonna start declining soon. When he does I'll take him out of the top three. He hasn't yet.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not limiting the conversation to anything. I'm also not ignoring what's happening this year.

If you want to think Calvin Ridley is a better WR than Julio Jones then knock yourself out :lol:

You keep on changing the goalposts. First MT sucks because he has 10 catches in 2020. Well, no shit, he's been injured for two months? Now it's blasphemous to suggest Ridley is more productive than Julio this year (not that Julio is sucking, Ridley's just been on fire) because...why? Pick a lane, man.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Sure, he's gonna start declining soon. When he does I'll take him out of the top three. He hasn't yet.

Metcalf > Julio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You keep on changing the goalposts. First MT sucks because he has 10 catches in 2020. Well, no shit, he's been injured for two months? Now it's blasphemous to suggest Ridley is more productive than Julio this year (not that Julio is sucking, Ridley's just been on fire) because...why? Pick a lane, man.

If your argument is as strong as you think it is, why do you feel the need to lie about what I'm posting? I never said MT sucks and never said it's blasphemous to suggest Ridley is more productive than Julio this year. I simply laughed at the idea that Calvin Ridley is a better player than Julio. I think deep down you know that's worthy of laughing at, which is why you're getting defensive about it now.

Michael Thomas put up a great season last year because the most accurate QB that ever lived force fed him slant targets 15 times a game. It's not because he suddenly morphed into the best WR in the league. Michael Thomas has a limited route tree and catch radius -- he's excellent at what he does but he's basically a one trick pony. Davante Adams can attack every area of the field, not just 8 yard slant routes, and Adams is the best route runner in the entire NFL, something that's not really in dispute.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:36 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Metcalf > Julio

:lol:

That's pretty good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
If your argument is as strong as you think it is, why do you feel the need to lie about what I'm posting? I never said MT sucks and never said it's blasphemous to suggest Ridley is more productive than Julio this year. I simply laughed at the idea that Calvin Ridley is a better player than Julio. I think deep down you know that's worthy of laughing at, which is why you're getting defensive about it now.

Michael Thomas put up a great season last year because the most accurate QB that ever lived force fed him slant targets 15 times a game. It's not because he suddenly morphed into the best WR in the league. Michael Thomas has a limited route tree and catch radius -- he's excellent at what he does but he's basically a one trick pony. Davante Adams can attack every area of the field, not just 8 yard slant routes, and Adams is the best route runner in the entire NFL, something that's not really in dispute.

He's been greater than Adams for years now, has better hands and is younger and always open. Always open in a couple of areas is better than occasionally open in a few more parts of the field. Every GM would agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He's been greater than Adams for years now, has better hands and is younger and always open. Always open in a couple of areas is better than occasionally open in a few more parts of the field. Every GM would agree.

He might have better hands but he’s not open nearly as often as Adams is. Adams route running is FAR SUPERIOR. Also, they’re the same age.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Adams route running is FAR SUPERIOR. Also, they’re the same age.

:lol: :lol:
Never gets old.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:42 pm 

Not defensive, FF. Having a good time here enjoying RR school you. Guess RR is another guy who doesn't know what he's watching on Sundays. :D

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Not defensive, FF. Having a good time here enjoying RR school you. Guess RR is another guy who doesn't know what he's watching on Sundays. :D

RR is my guy but he’s admitted NFL is a distant 2nd to college ball for him when it comes to football. As a Saints fan he at least has an excuse for preferring Thomas over Adams. You don’t :lol:

Anyway, to me, it’s clear Adams is the better football player. But to circle back to how this started, they’re at least on equal footing. Your assertion that NO misses Thomas more than GB misses Adams isn’t based on anything in reality and if GB doesn’t have a signature win than nobody does this season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:14 pm 

Having Rogers is a huge advantage too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:16 pm 

312player wrote:
Having Rogers is a huge advantage too.

Compared to Brees? I’m not sure about that. But we’re talking about the WRs here, not the QBs. I’m not relying on stats to make my decision so the QB is largely irrelevant.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:31 pm 

Brees is an old man, bad deep ball.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:35 pm 

312player wrote:

Not sure that matters in this discussion since Thomas only runs 8 yard routes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Almost have to when your QB can't throw 25 plus yards downfield.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:57 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Almost have to when your QB can't throw 25 plus yards downfield.

Let’s see what he does with Jameis. Bet it’s more of the same

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
FavreFan wrote:
Good chance the Dolphins will be 9-3 three weeks from now. I’ll accept all apologies

I officially don’t apologize.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 pm 

Rough day for my Packers and Dolphins

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The RAIDERS are clearly contenders.

OP: please update list.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
The RAIDERS are clearly contenders.

OP: please update list.

I don’t want to after yesterday :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Yesterday only validates their contender status.

Get on that shit, homes.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Reinforcements are coming too. The team we see in December should be considerably better than the team we saw last night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next