It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: JJ Watt released
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
You'd think that the league would be quietly pressing for a sale of the Texans, especially before Deshaun is traded.

Jerry Richardson getting pushed out but not the McNairs kind of shows that it's not just a wealthy man's league anymore but a really wealthy man's league. Same with Kroenke getting the rights to Los Angeles instead of Dean Spanos. The balance of power has shifted to the big new money.

Agreed. And it's disappointing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Even when the Bears suck..Bears/Packers games still generate record revenues. Financially there is no reason to want ownership out. Stop acting like a reta..I mean stop acting like you got the Covid vaccine

Smallest stadium in the league. Shittiest stadium and most wasted value of the league. Stone waste.

They're Atlanta north.

Nah, I'd say the shittiest (LITERALLY) stadium in the league has to be the former Hurricane Katrina Mass Grave/Rape site. Man talk about natural selection btw

Honey, a CAT 5 Hurricane is slowly approaching..what should we do?
How about we stay 8 feet below sea level?

What does it say that Green Bay has eaten your lunch, fucked your wife, has a far better stadium and made the league more money for all but 8 of the last 56 years?

But keep blowing George McCaskey.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Despite all that, Green Bay outpaced (Revenue) the Bears by just 8 million in 2019
https://www.statista.com/statistics/193 ... s-in-2010/

Do you think 8 million even moves a fucking needle in today's NFL? There is more to seats, there is TV streams, Ads, Internet sales, speaking of Internet grandpa, it's late maybe your son should turn yours off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
It says they've been a more well run organization for the last 30 years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Despite all that, Green Bay outpaced (Revenue) the Bears by just 8 million in 2019

Do you think 8 million even moves a fucking needle in today's NFL? There is more to seats, there is TV streams, Ads, Internet sales, speaking of Internet grandpa, it's late maybe your son should turn yours off.

You think this helps your argument? A few words of friendly advice, drink more water.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Bears stadium is the worst in the league. They should all fire themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:16 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You think this helps your argument? A few words of friendly advice, drink more water.

Your argument was that the Bears are so poorly run business wise that the NFL needs to step in and literally take the franchise away from them (it will happen when the old lady dies anyway). Time to retire for the night

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
You'd think that the league would be quietly pressing for a sale of the Texans, especially before Deshaun is traded.

Jerry Richardson getting pushed out but not the McNairs kind of shows that it's not just a wealthy man's league anymore but a really wealthy man's league. Same with Kroenke getting the rights to Los Angeles instead of Dean Spanos. The balance of power has shifted to the big new money.

Agreed. And it's disappointing.

The same thing happened to the NBA, but nobody's complaining because that was what it took to get Sterling out. All the old Stern hardliners like Bill Davidson, Abe Pollin, and Larry Miller either cashed out or died. The new hedge fund guys just saw that Sterling was costing them money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:20 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Your argument was that the Bears are so poorly run business wise that the NFL needs to step in and literally take the franchise away from them (it will happen when the old lady dies anyway). Time to retire for the night

Put the Tennessee owners in their place and the difference would be phenomenal. In both cities. And there's nothing special about them. Snyder is only less bad than Ginny and the leaches.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:22 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Your argument was that the Bears are so poorly run business wise that the NFL needs to step in and literally take the franchise away from them (it will happen when the old lady dies anyway).

I can honestly see a Packers-like exemption for continued family ownership under the guise of "keeping the Halas legacy in the National Football League" but really just to keep the Bears around as a patsy for everyone else and prevent someone from finally making something out of the organization.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:23 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Put the Tennessee owners in their place and the difference would be phenomenal. In both cities. And there's nothing special about them. Snyder is only less bad than Ginny and the leaches.

You mean Nissan Stadium, which has more seats but generated 50 million less revenue vs the Bears? What business savants they are. Did you get the Pfizer vaccine today?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm 

Caller Bob, do you really think the Bears are making the most of what they have available to them? With the exception of the "Los Angeles" Chargers, is there an NFL team doing less with more?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
denisdman wrote:
The Bears stadium is the worst in the league. They should all fire themselves.

One of the reasons I dropped my season tickets to the Bears is the hours that it takes to get in and out of there, as well as the continued bathroom lines that make you miss half of a quarter.

They should have a built a dome so Chicago could host Superbowls and Final Fours.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:28 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
They should have a built a dome so Chicago could host Superbowls and Final Fours.

Sure. Football at a convention center. It was dynamite for St. Louis!

The Bears either should have not botched the Soldier Field renovations or moved out to the suburbs. There's no need for a seldom-used football stadium on the lakefront, and such a hideous one at that. There's no romance to football venues and it sucks for public transit anyway. They may as well have moved to Elk Grove.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:38 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob, do you really think the Bears are making the most of what they have available to them? With the exception of the "Los Angeles" Chargers, is there an NFL team doing less with more?

They fucked up the stadium no doubt, but I still believe(in Goodell's eyes) they are great owners and I'm sure the NFL loves that it's still named "Solider Field" it appeals to their Military "base" and all that other jerkoff shit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:52 pm 

They should let Jerry buy the Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:54 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

The Bears either should have not botched the Soldier Field renovations or moved out to the suburbs. There's no need for a seldom-used football stadium on the lakefront, and such a hideous one at that. There's no romance to football venues and it sucks for public transit anyway. They may as well have moved to Elk Grove.

I literally live a normal ten minute drive south of there and haven't been to a game there for 16 years because of the pain in the ass you described. And even when tailgating was reasonable, if wasn't worth the effort. Especially now in the era of mammoth tv screens.

At least in New Orleans there's stuff to do in close proximity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 pm 

Brick wrote:
They should let Jerry buy the Bears.

Or even the Ricketts :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
They fucked up the stadium no doubt, but I still believe(in Goodell's eyes) they are great owners and I'm sure the NFL loves that it's still named "Solider Field" it appeals to their Military "base" and all that other jerkoff shit.

I think about how the NHL likes to have the Florida Panthers and Phoenix Coyotes around. If you have teams that drag down the average, the teams at the top whose profits are relatively inelastic year-over-year (Toronto, Montreal, Philadelphia) can send more of that money straight to their own bank accounts rather than be compelled to put it back into payroll, which I think we saw in action when substituting Winnipeg for Atlanta brought the cap up about $6MM or so.

I don't think the NFL works off the same formula, but I also think they don't particularly mind that the Bears make as much as they do while plodding along as what's effectively a mid-market team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Even when the Bears suck..Bears/Packers games still generate record revenues. Financially there is no reason to want ownership out. Stop acting like a reta..I mean stop acting like you got the Covid vaccine

Smallest stadium in the league. Shittiest stadium and most wasted value of the league. Stone waste.

They're Atlanta north.

Nah, I'd say the shittiest (LITERALLY) stadium in the league has to be the former Hurricane Katrina Mass Grave/Rape site. Man talk about natural selection btw

What does it say that Green Bay has eaten your lunch, fucked your wife, has a far better stadium and made the league more money for all but 8 of the last 56 years?

And don’t forget about the ever rising property taxes. They’re Chicago tough!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They're Atlanta north.

And don’t forget about the ever rising property taxes. They’re Chicago tough!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Furious Styles wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Yeah. You would have missed out on the last 30 years of glorious Raiders football. Really dodged a bullet there.

I don't know why you're getting mouthy here. 3 SB wins in 7 years is something you will never experience as a fan.

You saw that? Better write it down then because it was so long ago that most people who remember are either dead or in memory care.

You're not very good at this. Tell me about your team's SB victories again? :lol:

Yeah. Bragging about 40 years ago is how to own someone. Mine as well tell stories of the Sid Luckman led Dynasty. Or I could just be like you and pick a team that was good when I was a child that I have no real connection with otherwise: How about those 90s Cowboys? Aikman, Smith and the Playmaker, never see the likes of them again!

Wait, are you accusing me of being a frontrunner at 8 years old? What the fuck is wrong with you?

That’s exactly what you are. A complete frontrunner.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Domes have come a long way since the St. Louis dome. LA, Vegas, Atlanta, Minneapolis, even Indy all seem pretty nice.

I also think Chicago should host Superbowls, Final Fours, and Big Ten Football Championships. We lose out on all of those without a dome.

But I get it, you love how the Bears dominate in “Bears’ Weather.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 pm 

I do? I'm not really into the Bears.

I do think there's something depressing about outdoor sports on grass being played indoors on carpet. It never looks right, it never feels right, it's always second-tier no matter how impressive the Robot Butthole in Atlanta is or how many college football games Indianapolis gets. I don't think Chicago needs a Super Bowl, and I don't think it would ever get more than one the way Detroit and Minneapolis did. I'd be fine with a permanent rotation of Miami, New Orleans, and Los Angeles, to be honest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
RFDC wrote:
Furious should be applauded for picking a team at 8 and sticking with them over the years. Most in that situation have switched teams 10 times.

RFDC is wise. It's like the exact opposite of a frontrunner situation. WFR seems to have a stunted concept of what it means to be a fan and how fandom is cultivated. I'm a Cub fan on account of television and I'm a RAIDERS fan on account of television.

It's not complicated.

Regular Reader wrote:

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:12 pm 

It would solve a lot of problems if they made an island just off the shore of lake michigan in the shape of a football and put the stadium+parking there.