It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wentz a Colt
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wentz will prob win the MVP next year and people will be bitching at Pace for not trading for him :lol:
Some probably will. Not me. Kicking the tires on a Wentz type guy doesn't bother me. Taking on that contract and giving up anymore more than like a 5th or a conditional 4th was not a good move for the Bears. They have so many other issues. I would rather the Bears tag Mitch for a year and draft a QB for the future than give up a 2nd and a 3rd for Wentz and $100million.

I realize RFDC is making more of a humorous comment than a prediction but the fact is if Wentz were to return to MVP caliber form then Pace is to blame if he didn't make a real effort. I am on record (along with many others) as thinking there's no chance that will happen and it would be foolish to waste picks and cap space on him. However, it's his job to evaluate and be correct - not ours. Just like the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky vs Watson and Mahomes debate.

I get your point but I still disagree. If Pace just completely ignored this possibility like he did Watson pre-draft then yeah there's a lot of criticism to be had for that. But by all accounts the Bears did talk to the Eagles even if they didn't submit an official offer. Wentz has a ton of red flags and Pace has to know he will only get one last chance at this. I think it would be hard to criticize him for not spending that last chance on Wentz, a guy who was arguably the worst QB in the entire NFL last year. It's also possible John DeFilippo told him stay away.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:32 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

So is that a good or bad thing for the Raiders? Do you want to keep Carr as the QB?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Wentz and Carr are good comps.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wentz will prob win the MVP next year and people will be bitching at Pace for not trading for him :lol:
Some probably will. Not me. Kicking the tires on a Wentz type guy doesn't bother me. Taking on that contract and giving up anymore more than like a 5th or a conditional 4th was not a good move for the Bears. They have so many other issues. I would rather the Bears tag Mitch for a year and draft a QB for the future than give up a 2nd and a 3rd for Wentz and $100million.

I realize RFDC is making more of a humorous comment than a prediction but the fact is if Wentz were to return to MVP caliber form then Pace is to blame if he didn't make a real effort. I am on record (along with many others) as thinking there's no chance that will happen and it would be foolish to waste picks and cap space on him. However, it's his job to evaluate and be correct - not ours. Just like the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky vs Watson and Mahomes debate.

I get your point but I still disagree. If Pace just completely ignored this possibility like he did Watson pre-draft then yeah there's a lot of criticism to be had for that. But by all accounts the Bears did talk to the Eagles even if they didn't submit an official offer. Wentz has a ton of red flags and Pace has to know he will only get one last chance at this. I think it would be hard to criticize him for not spending that last chance on Wentz, a guy who was arguably the worst QB in the entire NFL last year. It's also possible John DeFilippo told him stay away.

Id say Pace inquired and was told Wentz ain't interested. The Coach - GM are fired in 9 months..everybody knows it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:52 pm 

312player wrote:

No they aren’t. Carr is a good quarterback.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

My prediction for Wentz this year.

10-6
33 TD
13 int
4k yards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

10-6
33 TD
13 int
4k yards

Wow. The Bears really did screw up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:29 am 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

10-6
33 TD
13 int
4k yards

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty fuckin funny.

I’ll bet you $100 right now Wentz doesn’t get a 2-1 TD/INT ratio or better in 2021. Minimum 10 games played. You backtracked last time I offered you a bet like this. Sup?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
RFDC wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

So is that a good or bad thing for the Raiders? Do you want to keep Carr as the QB?

If they were able to get Deshaun Watson, I'd be down with trading Carr.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:14 am 

Rivers went for 24-11 and 4100 yards, 11-5 record. He was washed up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:59 am 

312player wrote:

2020 Rivers was a million times better than 2020 Carson Wentz

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

2020 Rivers was a million times better than 2020 Carson Wentz

wentz was likely better at tackling after picks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:54 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

and the injury concerns are pretty significant as well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm 

It's pretty damn funny that Pittman Jr won't give Wentz #11

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:

He's literally not going to get a ball thrown to him at all this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
What Colts are responsible for

2021 $15,400,000
2022 $22,000,000
2023 $20,000,000
2024 $21,000,000

Quote:
It should also be noted that $15 million of his 2022 salary is guaranteed on March 19, 2021. His entire 2022 salary and roster bonus is guaranteed on the third day of the league year in 2022, according to Spotrac.

The Colts have the salary cap space to accommodate Wentz’s contract and they can completely cut ties following the 2022 season if they wanted to without penalty. It also wouldn’t be a surprise if the Colts re-negotiated the contract.

If he's a bust, It costs them 1 year and $30.4 million.

Colts did fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:

2021 $15,400,000
2022 $22,000,000
2023 $20,000,000
2024 $21,000,000

Quote:
It should also be noted that $15 million of his 2022 salary is guaranteed on March 19, 2021. His entire 2022 salary and roster bonus is guaranteed on the third day of the league year in 2022, according to Spotrac.

The Colts have the salary cap space to accommodate Wentz’s contract and they can completely cut ties following the 2022 season if they wanted to without penalty. It also wouldn’t be a surprise if the Colts re-negotiated the contract.

Colts did fine.

If they cut him after 1 year it is a horrible trade. Give up two draft picks, torpedo a season, and then have to rebuild during what should be when they are in win now mode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

2021 $15,400,000
2022 $22,000,000
2023 $20,000,000
2024 $21,000,000

Quote:

Colts did fine.

If they cut him after 1 year it is a horrible trade. Give up two draft picks, torpedo a season, and then have to rebuild during what should be when they are in win now mode.

Yup. I don't understand the "If he sucks and they waste a season and multiple draft picks it's still a good move" folks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
FavreFan wrote:

Wentz has got to have the reputation of being an all time penis of a person. The jersey thing is almost never an issue. The locker room in Indy already has no respect for him. I am very disappointed that he isn't on the Bears roster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

2021 $15,400,000
2022 $22,000,000
2023 $20,000,000
2024 $21,000,000

Quote:

Colts did fine.

Yup. I don't understand the "If he sucks and they waste a season and multiple draft picks it's still a good move" folks.

The point is, Wentz has to come out firing. They won't be fucking with him for 2 years. They might not be fucking with him for 4 games. The worst case scenario as laid out means they aren't as backed into a corner as originally thought. This is far from the Jimmy Johnson/Vikings trade or the Ditka/Ricky Williams trade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:51 am 

Nardi wrote:
The point is, Wentz has to come out firing. They won't be fucking with him for 2 years. They might not be fucking with him for 4 games. The worst case scenario as laid out means they aren't as backed into a corner as originally thought. This is far from the Jimmy Johnson/Vikings trade or the Ditka/Ricky Williams trade.
The worst case scenario is that he is just average, plays 75% of the snaps on a non-playoff team, and it becomes a first round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am 

He will be there at least two years.

Colts aren't taking a QB high in the draft this year. He'll begin as their starter in 2022 even if they do pick one next year.

It was a good move for the Colts at a reasonable price. They have the pieces for him to excel. He loves to hold the ball forever to make some superstar play. They have the OL to allow him to do that and i think they will go OL in the first this year.

He had an historically bad year last year and was personally pretty bitchy. Every other year has at least been decent. The Colts really don't need him to be a star.