It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
pittmike wrote:
None of the yardages you guys listed are my problems. My problem is 7-12 yards from the goddamn green edge.

That would be the Square Strike Wedge Andy North sells on the weekends. ( No not Peter North ). Otherwise just use your 8 or 9 iron rather than buying a cheap ass club.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
None of the yardages you guys listed are my problems. My problem is 7-12 yards from the goddamn green edge.

That would be the Square Strike Wedge Andy North sells on the weekends. ( No not Peter North ). Otherwise just use your 8 or 9 iron rather than buying a cheap ass club.

:lol: Yeah someone I know bought one. There is the green and the China knockoff orange.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 am 

Anyone watch the new Tiger documentary on HBO yet? I was waiting for part 2 to drop this weekend and then watch both.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Anyone watch the new Tiger documentary on HBO yet? I was waiting for part 2 to drop this weekend and then watch both.

No I forgot about it. Is is on HBO Max?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am 

T-Bone wrote:

I have Part 1 on dvr, haven't watched it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

No I forgot about it. Is is on HBO Max?

Yes. Part 2 drops Sunday. I'd like to watch them back to back personally, but Part 1 is out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Two nice and not freezing days in a row here, upper 50s.
Went to the range yesterday and hit 70 balls off the mat. Mostly PW and 8, working on not coming down too early, a few 3H, and about a dozen long chips with my blade 8. Going back today to work on my putting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
Get some foam golfballs and practice chipping into a bucket this winter. Don't even worry about getting the balls into the bucket or hitting the target, just focus on getting a bit of air under the chips and not ripping up your carpet.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 pm 

Ended up pulling the trigger on two brand new Vokey SM6 wedges in 56 and 60 degree. I already play that model in 52 and 58 so even though they aren’t the latest I really don’t care. Two brand new wedges for $155 with shipping is a great deal in my mind. I’ll just need to put new grips on them but I can do that myself. I’ll take the 3 iron out now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:38 am 

Finishing negotiations on a refinished custom Scotty Cameron Del Mar California. Pretty sweet putter with custom color and added weights in the bottom. Pretty pumped about having it in the rotation. Done buying clubs in 2021.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Finishing negotiations on a refinished custom Scotty Cameron Del Mar California. Pretty sweet putter with custom color and added weights in the bottom. Pretty pumped about having it in the rotation. Done buying clubs in 2021.

How much is that going to cost ya?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:23 pm 

Holy shit...... Looks like open to people that stay at Sand Valley properties. Looks awesome.

https://thelido.com/?mc_cid=c331bd378a& ... 3087bb5089

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

How much is that going to cost ya?

Well they go for $400 right now brand new. This is a 10 yr old model that has not been played much and also sent back to the manufacturer for customization and refinish so it is essentially brand new. $250 is what I am paying shipped. A lot of money for a putter but if I ever want to sell it I'd get the money back on it if I don't mess it up. Everything that is usually on the putter is Red but this one is all Masters colored Green. It's pretty nice.

https://www.scottycameron.com/archives/ ... a/del-mar/

Edit — shipping to me tomorrow.... sweet 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm 

Hit balls in a virtual cage with a buddy. Played about 30 holes total. Just felt good to hit some balls again. The pro ran the machine for us and we did random putting. I think the numbers on these things like yardage appear to be off but the swing and ball speed seem accurate. My friend is a bit of a freak of nature and always has been. His driver speed was averaging 125 mph. I can’t go any higher than 115 anymore. Supposed to go again in early February with a supplier in Milwaukee. Good time overall. Waiting to see if I’m sore later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 pm 

After a couple of range sessions and looking back over my last few rounds in November, I decided I needed a 3W in my bag, mostly for longer par 3s where the 3H wasnt consistent enough as well as a few narrower holes with trouble left. (I have two drivers, the older one hits a nice low hook on command and I use that on holes with trouble only right. I received a unexpected end of year bonus (same $ to every employee), so I decided I could afford to splurge on one more club.

A little investigation and I settled on a Callaway certified used 2020 Mavrik. It was listed as "like new" so by definition only played for a couple of rounds or a lightly used demo. I decided against the Max because I didn't want the larger and slower clubhead. This will probably replace my 7 wood most of the time, so I have D1, D2, 3W, 3H, 5-PW, 60, blade 8 for chipping, and a putter. Eventually a 54 and a 58 to replace the ancient 60, which gets me to 14 clubs.

Callaway added 3/4" to the senior/light shaft (I'd been fitted +1 before and I can tell with my stock 3H I top it too much) and put on a new larger grip. $178 shipped, I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:35 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
After a couple of range sessions and looking back over my last few rounds in November, I decided I needed a 3W in my bag, mostly for longer par 3s where the 3H wasnt consistent enough as well as a few narrower holes with trouble left. (I have two drivers, the older one hits a nice low hook on command and I use that on holes with trouble only right. I received a unexpected end of year bonus (same $ to every employee), so I decided I could afford to splurge on one more club.

A little investigation and I settled on a Callaway certified used 2020 Mavrik. It was listed as "like new" so by definition only played for a couple of rounds or a lightly used demo. I decided against the Max because I didn't want the larger and slower clubhead. This will probably replace my 7 wood most of the time, so I have D1, D2, 3W, 3H, 5-PW, 60, blade 8 for chipping, and a putter. Eventually a 54 and a 58 to replace the ancient 60, which gets me to 14 clubs.

Callaway added 3/4" to the senior/light shaft (I'd been fitted +1 before and I can tell with my stock 3H I top it too much) and put on a new larger grip. $178 shipped, I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good luck with the new stick. I regripped my two new wedges and my 3 hybrid I got late last year on Saturday. For whatever reason I really enjoy doing that work but I make a bit of a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm 

Got some nice swag from Scotty Cameron membership today. Probably sell some of it but got a cool Hydroflask and cash bag that will come in handy for my gambling with my golf buddies. Something to hold singles and quarters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Good luck with the new stick. I regripped my two new wedges and my 3 hybrid I got late last year on Saturday. For whatever reason I really enjoy doing that work but I make a bit of a mess.

The weather has been absolute shit. I'm in Chicago today, but it's going to be freezing rain when I get home tomorrow. Something crazy like 5 extra inches of rain so far this year than average, and we are only 6 weeks in.

Fortunately, I didn't join the college course just yet, so I didn't waste any money. If the weather is anything close to decent in Savannah next weekend, I am going to try and drive down there on Sunday and play a couple of rounds on Monday/Tuesday.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:44 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

:D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 irons are sold out.They look pretty awesome, but not at the $1200 price tag. Seems to be the new price point for that market. Thanks PXG.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

I hope this "warming" trend continues and enough snow melts over the next 15-20 days that it worth it to get to a driving range soon. The golf itch is getting stronger by the day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 pm 

Yeah my guess is the courses won't open quite as early as the last few years but the snow melts pretty quickly with temps above freezing and some sunlight. Here were my first days out to actually golf the last 6 years. Most ranges will open well before that in most cases. I'm generally really happy if I can play or plan to play close to the NCAA Tourney tip. First round this year is 3/19

2020 -- 3/7
2019 -- 3/20
2018 -- 3/4
2017 -- 2/19
2016 -- 3/17
2015 -- 3/21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 pm 

This is the third rainiest February here in the last 100 years. Figures. It looks like I will be able to get to the range on Wednesday. If so, then maybe the weekend after this one I will be able to play 18 on either Friday or Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 am 

Even with temps hovering around 40, when the sun comes out it can really do some serious damage on the snow. Almost all the snow is off the driveway and around the sidewalks I can see patches of grass. Probably still a good foot plus of hard pack stuff and obviously more where it was piled up but it is shrinking significantly. Still hopes of real golf in the next 30 days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Looks like going over the handlebars on my bicycle 7 years ago is starting to manifest with seriously diminished grip strength in my right hand. That's rather important when it comes to golf, drumming and motorcycling. Fuck.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:17 am 

Scheduled 2 hours of virtual golf on Sunday morning with a buddy. We can usually get 27 in if we stay focused and swap out spots right after one another. Playing the random putting feature also speeds things along once on the green. I've been really encouraged with the steady snowmelt this week with the mild temps. Also getting out and walking more which I need desperately. Still haven't made plans to try to get away for a long weekend in March or April. In the middle of a home renovation project and have been working on a big project at work that should wrap up by tomorrow so probably can't go anywhere until 3 weeks at the earliest anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:50 pm 

Virtual golf was fun. Planning a road trip to Sand Valley this spring to try to walk 36 same day and come home. Like $260 greens fees to play carrying/pulling your own bag. Me, my gorilla buddy, the pro from one of my courses, there is possibly room for one more. Let me know if there is any interest from anyone here filling out the foursome. We’d leave ultra early. Walk at least 15 miles and drive back at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Went to the simulator Friday. Damn, it felt good to swing. Although I shouldn't have felt sore on Saturday. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next