It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Larry really has a disdain for callers. The whole station does. 670's success came from connecting with the sports fan and now they just mock callers and discourage others from calling in. The funny thing is, none of them are interesting enough to do a show with limited callers. They just drone on and on about "intellectual sports topics".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't mind them not taking callers. It's just the fact that a guy like Larry thinks he's smart is what pisses me off. Bernstein taught him how to do a show. Talks slow. Act smart. But Bernstein is actually smart. Larry is not.

Larry pretty much just tries to kill time. Kill the 2 hour show by saying a lot of words without saying anything. Or stating the obvious. Then when he runs out of that shit, just replay interviews that were done on the station. Simple. Then the two hours are done. And Larry compliments himself on the great show at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:14 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I don't mind them not taking callers. It's just the fact that a guy like Larry thinks he's smart is what pisses me off. Bernstein taught him how to do a show. Talks slow. Act smart. But Bernstein is actually smart. Larry is not.

Larry pretty much just tries to kill time. Kill the 2 hour show by saying a lot of words without saying anything. Or stating the obvious. Then when he runs out of that shit, just replay interviews that were done on the station. Simple. Then the two hours are done. And Larry compliments himself on the great show at the end.

I don't need a smart guy on the radio. Give me a meatball with a quirky personality and that does the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Just a reminder LoHo sucks.

That's just a 20 year rumor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

In the history of the SCORE I've never heard any host compliment one self as much as Larry does. He'll tell you he did a great interview. He'll also tell you his show was great.

I think he does it cuz nobody else compliments him.

Larry loves himself. They all have egos. But Larry loves himself more than anybody that has ever been at that station.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
papa_bear wrote:
switched over from bbm to see what nonsense larry is on this lovely friday afternoon.

larry is replaying the JHey interview for the second time this week.

this will be the THIRD time this week he's aired the interview including when it was live.

Sounds like you listen a lot. His show style must be working.

The issue for me is my job doesn't allow for me to listen to live radio or keep up during the day at all. Noon is when I free up on a normal day. So I get awkward transition followed by the train wreck of Laurence Holmes. He's the benefactor of a time slot that serves me with no local live sports talk competitor.

Therefore I will continue to rip on him as I hope to actually get a few sports nuggets at noon time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:24 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
papa_bear wrote:
switched over from bbm to see what nonsense larry is on this lovely friday afternoon.

larry is replaying the JHey interview for the second time this week.

this will be the THIRD time this week he's aired the interview including when it was live.

Sounds like you listen a lot. His show style must be working.

The issue for me is my job doesn't allow for me to listen to live radio or keep up during the day at all. Noon is when I free up on a normal day. So I get awkward transition followed by the train wreck of Laurence Holmes. He's the benefactor of a time slot that serves me with no local live sports talk competitor.

Therefore I will continue to rip on him as I hope to actually get a few sports nuggets at noon time.

There's Greenie on ESPN.....Yeah, I know, but it is a slight upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Right. The key is I look for local coverage.

Also, Greenie is also on my shit list.

I understand I do this to myself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Leery brought the heat today in the early part of the show.

I’ll never fully understand anger as the prevailing emotion over something like the Dalton signing (dejection seems more appropriate), but it was a coherent sports talk show.

Then he brought on some jerkoff from Marquee who sounded like he was calling from his shower to provide Herb-like taeks. But you take the bad with the good and for the hour I heard today, it was on the plus side overall.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I’ll never fully understand anger as the prevailing emotion over something like the Dalton signing (dejection seems more appropriate), but it was a coherent sports talk show.

Then he brought on some jerkoff from Marquee who sounded like he was calling from his shower to provide Herb-like taeks. But you take the bad with the good and for the hour I heard today, it was on the plus side overall.

Haha, I did hear that. "Why can't the city of big shoulders, the city that works, get a good quarterback?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:10 pm 

Here is the Larry rant:

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/sport ... rback-woes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Good stuff from him yesterday. Must admit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:19 am 

Cole Wright I imagine, based on your description. He sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nardi wrote:

Haha, I did hear that. "Why can't the city of big shoulders, the city that works, get a good quarterback?"

it's a rhetorical question...the answer is because chicago is a racist city. i guess vince evans doesn't count because vincent is a white name.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
really great stuff today larry.

keep it up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:32 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

it's a rhetorical question...the answer is because chicago is a racist city. i guess vince evans doesn't count because vincent is a white name.

Okay.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
blackhawksfan wrote:
Larry really has a disdain for callers. The whole station does. 670's success came from connecting with the sports fan and now they just mock callers and discourage others from calling in. The funny thing is, none of them are interesting enough to do a show with limited callers. They just drone on and on about "intellectual sports topics".

People have changed tremendously in the 20-25 years since the early days of sports talk radio. Generally speaking, the type of person willing to sit on hold to talk for 20 seconds on the radio is not who I want to hear talk about sports. But I'm all for a witty text or email.
You want meatball radio? No thanks. I can take it in small doses and can tolerate it on a Bears Monday but that is about it. Hell, I'm getting a little tired of all this Sox talk and find myself going to podcasts faster than normal.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
DAC wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

People have changed tremendously in the 20-25 years since the early days of sports talk radio. Generally speaking, the type of person willing to sit on hold to talk for 20 seconds on the radio is not who I want to hear talk about sports. But I'm all for a witty text or email.
You want meatball radio? No thanks. I can take it in small doses and can tolerate it on a Bears Monday but that is about it. Hell, I'm getting a little tired of all this Sox talk and find myself going to podcasts faster than normal.

You pretty much have exactly the type of sports talk radio you desire and....you "find myself going to podcasts faster than normal".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Beardown, is Holmes still married to white panther? He’s creeping back into the she can get it speech and traveling alone. If anyone knows you would.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I don't remember if it was Thursday or Friday but Larry absolutely made me switch off the radio for the day with his weird female point guard thing for like 10 minutes then he got into this long discussion of telling your girlfriend that she's "thicker than cold peanut butter" thing. He just kept saying it over and over and at first I was ike dude you're gonna get your ass beat by your woman if you say that shit but he clarified that it must be said in a loving way. I just couldn't take it any more and I didn't just switch the station I had to turn the whole radio off fort he day after that. Podcasts the rest of the day.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:55 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I don't remember if it was Thursday or Friday but Larry absolutely made me switch off the radio for the day with his weird female point guard thing for like 10 minutes then he got into this long discussion of telling your girlfriend that she's "thicker than cold peanut butter" thing. He just kept saying it over and over and at first I was ike dude you're gonna get your ass beat by your woman if you say that shit but he clarified that it must be said in a loving way. I just couldn't take it any more and I didn't just switch the station I had to turn the whole radio off fort he day after that. Podcasts the rest of the day.

Yep I heard that discussion. It was really bad. Then he even asked the next guest he had on his opinion on the thicker than cold peanut butter thing.

Then he was going on about his own back side and his "bubble" but of course the bubble was from being a catcher for so many years. :lol: He is truly a piece of work

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:01 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Leery's head is more egg shaped than round.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I feel like he’s put in at least 30lbs since this pic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:42 pm 

I just can't stand this show anymore. It was bad enough I had to listen to him laughing himself to death for 5 minutes over a relatively lame ass Steven B. Smith joke last week but I had to hear that shit all over again today. What the fuck is with this guy replaying so much used content? He's only getting 2 damn hours. Make it count with something fresh for the love of God.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
12-2 is such a terrestrial radio wasteland. Flipped between greenie yammering to his producers about nba, and holmes audibly slurping goffs cock and telling him how great he is. What did we do to deserve this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
His is the time slot I’m most often in the car for these days. I don’t think he has a worse show than his lead-in (and arguably the afternoons) but his over reliance on replaying bad interviews needs to be corrected. But I can’t turn on Greenie as his live interviews suck more than Leery’s replays.

Somebody he respects should tell him it’s bad radio and he needs to stop it. I’d ask beardown to handle it but he’s vanished like a fart in the wind.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Listen to the Carm & Yurko show on the AM1000 app to fill that 12-2 hour.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:06 pm 

Larry made me switch stations again today croaking out "yoooou got what I need". It would have been fine, if not completely irrelevant to sports talk, if he had done it once but like Larry does it went on forever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next