It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 NFL Draft
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Justin Fields has epilepsy?

Where does he fall now?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Jbi11s wrote:

Where does he fall now?

will be interesting to see how things with Fields shake out

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
billypootons wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Where does he fall now?
will be interesting to see how things with Fields shake out
Wow. Better not jerk around with him now.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jbi11s wrote:

Where does he fall now?

I don't think that really should have manor effect, didn't seem to bother him in college.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 pm 

312player wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Where does he fall now?

I don't think that really should have manor effect, didn't seem to bother him in college.

He's got to be wondering what's next to f with his draft stock.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Gas mask video coming next.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:54 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Gas mask video coming next.

Or reports about his mother.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Fields isn't making it past 3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:

There’s not a single reason he should make it past 2 but it’s the Jets. I appreciate the Jets being such fuck ups they have leaked their intentions of fucking up everywhere before the draft.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

There’s not a single reason he should make it past 2 but it’s the Jets. I appreciate the Jets being such fuck ups they have leaked their intentions of fucking up everywhere before the draft.

This^^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:27 pm 

Buffalo shouldn’t have drafted Josh Allen because Wyoming didn’t have a history of great nfl QBs. Same with KC and Mahomes with Texas Tech. Same with Aaron Rodgers and Cal. Same with Russell Wilson and Wisconsin. Same with... everybody. There is no QB U at the college level. You know this Hussra.

But yeah Justin Fields is bad because some guy named Tom Tupa was.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I support the bad OSU QB theory and hope he falls to the point Pace has sufficient assets to trade for him.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Buffalo shouldn’t have drafted Josh Allen because Wyoming didn’t have a history of great nfl QBs. Same with KC and Mahomes with Texas Tech. Same with Aaron Rodgers and Cal. Same with Russell Wilson and Wisconsin. Same with... everybody. There is no QB U at the college level. You know this Hussra.

Yeah this logic of no one from OSU is ever good at QB so you should avoid Field is completely stupid. Like this is HY level bad thinking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah this logic of no one from OSU is ever good at QB so you should avoid Field is completely stupid. Like this is HY level bad thinking.

Nobody..and I mean nobody whiffs more than FF on shit like this. Mac Jones will absolutely suck, Fields will be slightly better. Whoever drafts either of these busters will lose their job.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Terrible analogy and analysis, Allen was huge, fast and had the strongest arm in the draft. These QBs from Ohio State and Bama have THE VERY BEST WR, LINEMAN etc every week they against inferior competition

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:59 am 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Nobody..and I mean nobody whiffs more than FF on shit like this. Mac Jones will absolutely suck, Fields will be slightly better. Whoever drafts either of these busters will lose their job.

Jones and Fields may suck, but it will have nothing to do with what college they played for.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:43 am 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Terrible analogy and analysis, Allen was huge, fast and had the strongest arm in the draft. These QBs from Ohio State and Bama have THE VERY BEST WR, LINEMAN etc every week they against inferior competition

Fields is huge, fast, and has one of the strongest arms in the draft.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Where does he fall now?

He's got to be wondering what's next to f with his draft stock.

Pretty much guarenteed he will go 5th-12th. Generational wealth in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So your belief is they recruit great players at every position but QB :scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:03 am 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Jones and Fields may suck, but it will have nothing to do with what college they played for.

It is difficult to gauge how good a QB is when he has the best talent every week. That won't happen in the NFL and you see the flaws show up pretty quickly. Look at how many Bama guys will get drafted in the first 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:05 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No, ofcourse not. But can you explain why all these Bama and OSU qbs suck at the next level?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:12 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's more that they don't improve as much because they play 90 percent of the time on easy mode with skill players that outclass most of their schedule. Throw it to that future first round WR. If he isn't open throw it to the other future second round WR and let them beat the future UDFAs at cornerback.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's more that they don't improve as much because they play 90 percent of the time on easy mode with skill players that outclass most of their schedule. Throw it to that future first round WR. If he isn't open throw it to the other future second round WR and let them beat the future UDFAs at cornerback.

So in the NFL, guys like Rodgers make bad receivers look good and at places like Alabama the WRs make the bad QBs look good. Got it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:48 pm 

Come on Zippy.

This isn’t anything to argue about.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So in the NFL, guys like Rodgers make bad receivers look good and at places like Alabama the WRs make the bad QBs look good. Got it.

I remember laughing out loud when Jimmy Clausen got drafted. Dude had no business in the NFL, none. Floyd and Tate should have gotten half his game checks every month. Mac Jones aint no different.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
You could absolutely pencil in every OSU QB the last 15 years as hot shit. They run 3 plays there. 1-qb keeper 2. hand off to rb 3. deep pass to wr who is open by a good 10 yards and will adjust to the ball wherever the hell it is in the air. Fields went to UGA fist and actually has some QB skills. I am not overly impressed with him but he should at least have a qb job in the nfl be it a starter or backup for the next 10 years. Bama qb's kind of act like game managers but that plays at the next level as a backup at least.

I will be interested to see how Urban does in the NFL with the QB position as he is the godfather of the shitty OSU qb. my god....12 guage was one of the worst fucking qb's I have ever seen and he got drafted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:44 pm 

Alabama has started to take QB recruiting seriously the last few years.

But yes, they def used to put less emphasis on that position before Lane Kiffin scored a commitment from Tua.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
1. TL
2. ZW
3. TL - With Jimmy G likely still on the roster come September--Niners asking for at least a 1st rd pick in trade--Shanahan goes with a project QB. Lance is 2 years younger than Jones/Fields, less experienced but also without the habits/baggage/handicap of SEC/Big Ten indoctrination/overhype. With Jimmy G still around for a season or two, Shanahan will have time to mold Trey Lance into his QB. After his experience in Georgia, Fields is less likely to accept an extended backup role. And while Mac Jones is supposedly the most NFL-ready it's also likely Jones is already (mostly) topped out in terms of potential as a QB.
4. JF -- either Falcons draft Fields here with an eye toward trading Ryan after the upcoming season or they trade out of the pick to another team in need of a QB. Possibly moving down to 9, with the Broncos jumping up to take either Lance or Fields; which Elway's history of scouting and selecting QB's doesn't bode well for whichever QB the Broncos pick, whenever they pick em.

There's also a mock where Bears trade up to 12 to take (again) Mac Jones. Might've been an early McShay version. McShay puts out a new Mock draft weekly it feels like. Last I saw he had the Bears taking CB Caleb Farley with the no 20 pick and then either Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask, whichever is still on the board by then, in the 2nd rd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Talent level is much closer in the NFL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next