It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better be fields
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hopefully his slide motivates him and Nagy pulls his head out of his ass.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I predict Caller Bob will be wearing a Justin Fields Bears jersey by tonight judging by his new profile pic. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Size doesn’t matter anymore.

Keep telling yourself that. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
“It’s not about Fields falling or anything about his skill set. He is probably the most physically gifted quarterback in this class. The only issue when I talk to teams is that he had over 200 passes last year, 200 plus were off his first read and only seven were him sitting in the pocket going from progression one to progression two.”

“So that’s kind of an issue and they also think and I see the same thing on tape, is that he loves to see his receiver come open and he doesn’t anticipate enough throws. So that’s where he needs to improve.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
"So just for fun, Matt Nagy hits up Fields last night and says 'remember that formation we went over during the Zoom?' and asked him 'what was it?'" Rapoport said. "And Fields spit it back perfectly, remembered everything about it. Really impressive mentally and obviously a lot of the reason why the Bears are extremely excited about this selection."

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fields was a great pick. I don't think him remembering a play he recently discussed with a coach is a good example of why :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Fields was a great pick. I don't think him remembering a play he recently discussed with a coach is a good example of why :lol:
Well keep in mind, Nagy is used to asking these things of Mitch.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
First strength listed is his arm.

What arm strength? His is at best average. 60 yards maximum thrower.

His mechanics are poor. He winds up to throw the ball from below his shoulder, not only losing time but making him susceptible to fumbling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Only 60 yards max?!

How many passes are thrown in the NFL that travel more than 60 yards in the air? I'm guessing like two a year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Code:
So much for the pre-draft myth that Baker Mayfield doesn’t have an NFL arm. As if it needed any more disproving, Mayfield launched the longest throw in air yards of the entire 2020 season in Monday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Mayfield’s Hail Mary at the end of the first half flew from just behind the Browns’ 40-yard line and sailed out of the Ravens end zone. Ravens safety Chuck Clark wound up in the concussion protocol from crashing into the goal post in an attempt to track it down.

Both Next Gen Stats and Pro Football Focus charted the throw at over 70 yards from launch point to the ball landing just out of the back of the end zone. Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus noted that the throw is the second-longest in air yards traveled that PFF has ever tracked, since 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:
First strength listed is his arm.

What arm strength? His is at best average. 60 yards maximum thrower.

His mechanics are poor. He winds up to throw the ball from below his shoulder, not only losing time but making him susceptible to fumbling.

Might want to tap out of this one. It's clear you don't understand what you're watching.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm going to guess that Mitch could remember the plays, and that wasn't the issue with him.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm going to guess that Mitch could remember the plays, and that wasn't the issue with him.

yeah, retaining the playbook (regardless of how good or bad the plays are) doesn't appear to be Mitch's problem. Reading the defense and selecting the correct receiver option while running for his life was more Mitch's problem. Plus, I don't think Mitch showed he was all that accurate...then again....he was also doing a lot of running for his life.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Code:
So much for the pre-draft myth that Baker Mayfield doesn’t have an NFL arm. As if it needed any more disproving, Mayfield launched the longest throw in air yards of the entire 2020 season in Monday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Mayfield’s Hail Mary at the end of the first half flew from just behind the Browns’ 40-yard line and sailed out of the Ravens end zone. Ravens safety Chuck Clark wound up in the concussion protocol from crashing into the goal post in an attempt to track it down.

Both Next Gen Stats and Pro Football Focus charted the throw at over 70 yards from launch point to the ball landing just out of the back of the end zone. Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus noted that the throw is the second-longest in air yards traveled that PFF has ever tracked, since 2006.

It looks like you copy & pasted a picture of something written on a typewriter.

Never trust an organization’s statistical analysis if they don’t understand that light green text on a white background is torture to read.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Yeah the Dalton signing is baffling. THere is no need to sign him when you still have Foles around. He can serve the same purpose. That money should have been invested in the OL or WR

Pace was playing chess while the other GMs were playing checkers. He fooled them into thinking he was set with Dalton.

I actually had a similar thought last night when I heard this. Was the Dalton thing all a ruse because when they signed him, my first thought then was "Why?" Especially after the Wilson debacle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Could Justin Fields and his weak arm somehow attain the best division record and therefore win the NFC North in 2021?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Only 60 yards max?!

How many passes are thrown in the NFL that travel more than 60 yards in the air? I'm guessing like two a year.

It's a measure of arm strength. Mahomes can throw 90 yards in the air.

Fields throws 60 yards like a balloon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:30 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Fields throws 60 yards like a balloon.

This has to be a bit?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:32 pm 

like a balloon.... :lol:

Rube remains an idiot

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:33 pm 

RFDC wrote:
like a balloon.... :lol:

Rube remains an idiot

Like I said there are dozens of things you could cite why this pick won't work out...it's truly bizarre he's rolling with "weak arm".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That pass is going the other way in "The League". I wouldn't read too much into Clemson's D as their safeties last year were either hurt, suspended or both. They were shit. If he throws that next year his WR will not have that separation and there will be a competent safety running underneath to catch it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Fields 60 yd TD throw -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8HLLIFFG0Y

_____

Mahomes 60 yd TD throw -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB4etFO4mfA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm 

NME wrote:
You’re an idiot who lives in a fantasy world where you believe you’re some next level debate savant. You aren’t, you’re just another guy with a keyboard and bad opinions that you can’t explain or justify so you type as much as you can in hopes the other person just shrugs and walks away.
I am a next level debate savant. You just aren't putting my debating skills in context. Context is important.
NME wrote:
Here’s another problem -and piece of ‘context’ that should matter- so it’s only the schools fault? No blame is to be placed at their landing spot in the NFL, the coaching they receive (or lack there of), the talent around them (or lack there of) at the next level? Really? How about injury at the next level, has that ever prohibited next level success?
On an individual basis, sure. When it's a very clear trend that the players who play with the best offensive talent don't make it in the NFL at a high rate then it's ok to point that out.
NME wrote:
Again, there are so many outliers, moving parts to whether or not a guy succeeds at the next level that simply making a list of names can’t possibly be meaningful in any way anyone should take serious.
You keep on using strange phrases like outliers. I literally picked the top 25 quarterbacks of the 2010s. Now, maybe there are other lists that include others but it seemed decent enough to me. 20-23 of the 25 top quarterbacks of the 2010s didn't play at traditional powerhouses, and to even get it down to 20 you have to include Wisconsin and Auburn as a traditional power which is questionable at best.
NME wrote:
Bottom line? That list doesn’t mean shit. Literally every single players situation is different. If you want to tell me you don’t think Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence will be any good at the next level I want a detailed breakdown of why you think this way that doesn’t simply begin and end with ‘well, he went to Ohio State, here’s a list of guys, I rest my case’. Because that is stupid. And it makes you look stupid when you try and use it to justify your take. It’s also not how you conduct a productive conversation that uses actual analysis to prove your point -which I already know you’re incapable of.
This is just pointless drivel by you. There are trends in the draft. There are schools that provide a lot of talent at a position and schools that don't. Miami and TE. Wisconsin with OL and RB. Iowa with OL. Alabama at most positions.

Of course every single situation is unique. That doesn't mean trends don't exist. If I told you that football players from Florida are more likely to be future NFL players than football players from Montana would you also respond similarly? After all, every single situation is unique, but it still doesn't mean that the trend is some made up thing even if you say "context" a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
That pass is going the other way in "The League". I wouldn't read too much into Clemson's D as their safeties last year were either hurt, suspended or both. They were shit. If he throws that next year his WR will not have that separation and there will be a competent safety running underneath to catch it.

:lol: Somebody is scared

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Could Justin Fields and his weak arm somehow attain the best division record and therefore win the NFC North in 2021?

It's right there for the taking if Rodgers leaves. Vikings aint shit

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Caller Bob wrote:

:lol: Somebody is scared

I thought he sucked long before last night. If there is something I am scared of its going to be the Lions in about 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm 

If there is something I am scared of its going to be the Lions in about 2 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

If there is something I am scared of its going to be the Lions in about 2 years.
Why? Are you going on a safari or or something?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 pm 

RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Why? Are you going on a safari or or something?

I laughed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next