It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tom Terrific is the greatest player of all time in team sports. You people have ALWAYS doubted him since I've been here. For about a decade I had to listen to nonsense about Peyton Manning. MANY of you thought he was done last year and he went out and won a Super Bowl on 1 leg.

Most remarkable performance since Joe Biden's first 6 months.

Like President Biden, I was on the Brady bandwagon since the beginning. Same with Kobe. Both are by far my personal favorite players of all time.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:25 pm 

hes also the luckiest sob on the planet but cant knock him. he tries just as hard as his luck is squirted into his gay little mouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Riverside
I’m not sure he’s better than Roger Staubach let alone Otto Graham. Hard to compare across eras. Hell, Bart Starr won five championships and never lost a title game but, oh dear, three were not titled “Super Bowl”.

Today’s game is such an over-extended, watered-down, pass-happy version of what it used to be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The 312 wrote:
I’m not sure he’s better than Roger Staubach let alone Otto Graham. Hard to compare across eras. Hell, Bart Starr won five championships and never lost a title game but, oh dear, three were not titled “Super Bowl”.

Today’s game is such an over-extended, watered-down, pass-happy version of what it used to be.

The Bart Star that threw 150 TDs and 138 ints?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Riverside
No, the Bart Starr that played when you could hit the quarterback and receivers were not allowed to dance free until they were open.

Every rule change in recent memory has favored the offense and today’s passing numbers are a joke. To paraphrase Joe Namath…I guarantee Tom Brady would not have won seven Super Bowls if he had played in the 1960s and 1970s and Bart Starr’s TD/INT ratio would be significantly better if he played from 2000 to today.

I leave it to fans of Green Bay (of which I am definitely not one) should Bart Starr need further defending.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Best playoff QB rating of all time

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ayoffs.htm

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 pm 

:lol: :lol: Bart Starr better than Brady?

That is Rube level stupid

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The 312 wrote:
No, the Bart Starr that played when you could hit the quarterback and receivers were not allowed to dance free until they were open.

Every rule change in recent memory has favored the offense and today’s passing numbers are a joke. To paraphrase Joe Namath…I guarantee Tom Brady would not have won seven Super Bowls if he had played in the 1960s and 1970s and Bart Starr’s TD/INT ratio would be significantly better if he played from 2000 to today.

I leave it to fans of Green Bay (of which I am definitely not one) should Bart Starr need further defending.

Those are two pretty solid points there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Football players of yesterday always talk about rule changes that favor offense ( Brady was winning before these changes), but they fail to mention how the lack of player movement before the 90's eliminated any possibility for parity. Brady has won with bums on offense and he switched teams at 50 and still won a Super Bowl on 1 leg. Only thing Bart Starr was better than Brady at is "packing".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
The 312 wrote:

Those are two pretty solid points there.

They are fine points and no doubt some truth to them, but none of them in any way show that Starr was better than Brady.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
Football players of yesterday always talk about rule changes that favor offense ( Brady was winning before these changes), but they fail to mention how the lack of player movement before the 90's eliminated any possibility for parity. Brady has won with bums on offense and he switched teams at 50 and still won a Super Bowl on 1 leg. Only thing Bart Starr was better than Brady at is "packing".

Starr is wildly overrated for the exact same reasons that Brady is. They had great coaches, great weapons, and just as importantly, hall of fame defenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Starr is wildly overrated for the exact same reasons that Brady is. They had great coaches, great weapons, and just as importantly, hall of fame defenses.

I just felt a little Brees and knew my guy RR was coming to hate on Tom Terrific. It was far easier to build a dynasty back then. Brady hasn't had great weapons on offense for most of his SB runs. What has a Patriot coach won before or after not having Brady on their team? What he's been able to accomplish in the free agency era doesn’t get enough credit. He's simply the greatest player in the history of team sports. Give the man his flowers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I just felt a little Brees and knew my guy RR was coming to hate on Tom Terrific. It was far easier to build a dynasty back then. Brady hasn't had great weapons on offense for most of his SB runs. What has a Patriot coach won before or after not having Brady on their team? What he's been able to accomplish in the free agency era doesn’t get enough credit. He's simply the greatest player in the history of team sports. Give the man his flowers.

i can't back RR on this at all. tom has proven me wrong. i laughed at him during 28-3, and he made me look the fool. you're spot on with the weapons.

however, you also have to give credit to his kicker for some of those SB wins.

what i give tom credit for is that he just won another one in his 40's. drew brees threw 3 interceptions in the game that was supposed to get us back into contention for another ring. brady got *better* late in the season. i can't argue with that, as much as i want to dismiss him. i just can't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nas wrote:
I just felt a little Brees and knew my guy RR was coming to hate on Tom Terrific..

Overall great posts by Nas, but this one made me :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

i can't back RR on this at all. tom has proven me wrong. i laughed at him during 28-3, and he made me look the fool. you're spot on with the weapons.

however, you also have to give credit to his kicker for some of those SB wins.

what i give tom credit for is that he just won another one in his 40's. drew brees threw 3 interceptions in the game that was supposed to get us back into contention for another ring. brady got *better* late in the season. i can't argue with that, as much as i want to dismiss him. i just can't.

What I've loved the most about him is no one has ever considered him the most physically gifted quarterback. He's just fundamentally sound and he works harder than everyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:31 pm 

almost 20 years ago he was asked what his favorite super bowl was. he said "the next one". that has always stuck with me. because 6 super bowls later, he can still say that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 pm 

thomas wrote:
Nas wrote:
I just felt a little Brees and knew my guy RR was coming to hate on Tom Terrific..

Overall great posts by Nas, but this one made me :lol:

Funny thing is that I loved him back to his Michigan days. It's really only the Brady fanboys in the media that have caused me to pull back. I wanna keep rooting for him, but I don't like the company I'd then keep.

Montana is still the goat in my book, Brady second or third. Maybe 4th behind Marino and Staubach.

And I despise Dallas.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:34 pm 

W_Z wrote:
almost 20 years ago he was asked what his favorite super bowl was. he said "the next one". that has always stuck with me. because 6 super bowls later, he can still say that.

As a true ballplayer should.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Montana is still the goat in my book, Brady second or third. Maybe 4th behind Marino and Staubach.

And I despise Dallas.

the nostalgic kid in me agrees with this 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And I despise Dallas.

I was an Elway guy. I think we've had this debate in person a couple of times.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:40 pm 

Nas wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And I despise Dallas.

I was an Elway guy. I think we've had this debate in person a couple of times.

we did, and i love elway. but montana, the bastard, was always the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I always had Marino, but Payton and then Brady passed him by a wide margin. Brady is hands down the best and last year ended any of my doubts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I always had Marino, but Payton and then Brady passed him by a wide margin. Brady is hands down the best and last year ended any of my doubts.

See, for me that's the thing of it. This is a topic of discussion with can friendly agree to disagree about. But I don't know about Manning :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

See, for me that's the thing of it. This is a topic of discussion with can friendly agree to disagree about. But I don't know about Manning :D

Manning is definitely overrated, but he was the media darling for a long time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:) Just like Brady is now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

When you win 7 Super Bowls it is justified. When you pad your regular season stats, and then wet the bed in the playoffs, it isn't. You know that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

When you win 7 Super Bowls it is justified. When you pad your regular season stats, and then wet the bed in the playoffs, it isn't. You know that.

His 2nd best game was a loss, his best was beating the losers from Atlanta. And he was unremarkable in the rest.

And I'm a fan. Who didn't like Eli.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:

Worthless stat, Look at your own link, Mark Sanchez is ahead of Brady and Alex Smith and Nick Foles ahead of Joe Montana