It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:29 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I wonder what she would do if the kid was failing the class

You’d have to be brave to give her kid that type of grade.

Unreasonable parents is a chief complaint I hear from teachers.

My youngest once had an English teacher who he thought was an asshole. I met with him once, mentioned that and that I thought my son could be one at times. I realized how much the guy was trying to help him, I told him how much I believed in him and we had a great conversation. He told my son about the exchange and he became my son's favorite teacher. Pushed him in the exact correct direction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
One of our teachers today was told he was a terrible human being and should not be allowed around kids. The parent is upset that her son has a B in his class and their department policy is no test retakes or extra credit. Which she signed off on at the beginning of the year. Oh and she ended the conversation by saying she was going to be reaching out to the Cherokee Nation to find out what they could do legally about this :lol: I wonder what she would do if the kid was failing the class

The Cherokee Nation?

Jeep fan.

Hey, who isn't?

Last edited by Nardi on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I wonder what she would do if the kid was failing the class

You’d have to be brave to give her kid that type of grade.

Unreasonable parents is a chief complaint I hear from teachers.

My youngest once had an English teacher who he thought was an asshole. I met with him once, mentioned that and that I thought my son could be one at times. I realized how much the guy was trying to help him, I told him how much I believed in him and we had a great conversation. He told my son about the exchange and he became my son's favorite teacher. Pushed him in the exact correct direction.

In retrospect I know the a couple of the teachers that I couldn't stand were the only ones who actually cared enough to expect more from me. I did fine but the one teacher knew I could do more. I mentioned this to him at the 20th class reunion that I appreciate that in retrospect and thanked him for it. Now, their was another teacher/coach who was just an ass and there will be no changing my mind on that ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
One of our teachers today was told he was a terrible human being and should not be allowed around kids. The parent is upset that her son has a B in his class and their department policy is no test retakes or extra credit. Which she signed off on at the beginning of the year. Oh and she ended the conversation by saying she was going to be reaching out to the Cherokee Nation to find out what they could do legally about this :lol: I wonder what she would do if the kid was failing the class

The Cherokee Nation?

Jeep fan.

Hey, who isn't?

Me....keep it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The Cherokee Nation?

Jeep fan.

Hey, who isn't?

Me....keep it.

If it's good enough for Gen George S Patton, it's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:38 am 

I have definitively reached old age:

The dresses these high school girls wear to dances are ridiculously beyond inappropriate. They are so short that there is no pretense to modesty. Even worse is bare midriffs and backs. Meanwhile, just to highlight that it is still a man's world, the boy's styles haven't changed a bit in probably forever. Do these girls not have fathers?

Then these hausfrau's post pictures on Facebook acting like its all sweet and innocent. Maybe it never was but at least there was a pretense out of respect to parents.

Anyway, I'll just go back to my Werther's and yelling at kids to get off my lawn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:

The dresses these high school girls wear to dances are ridiculously beyond inappropriate. They are so short that there is no pretense to modesty. Even worse is bare midriffs and backs. Meanwhile, just to highlight that it is still a man's world, the boy's styles haven't changed a bit in probably forever. Do these girls not have fathers?

Then these hausfrau's post pictures on Facebook acting like its all sweet and innocent. Maybe it never was but at least there was a pretense out of respect to parents.

Anyway, I'll just go back to my Werther's and yelling at kids to get off my lawn

How is it eating dinner at 4:30?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
In hindsight rotator cuff surgery is easy. Recovery blows. Major props to all those pro pitchers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

How is it eating dinner at 4:30?

And breakfast the night before!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:

any photos?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
good dolphin wrote:

I’d say the fashion for guys has declined but I went to a school in which you wore a tie to homecoming if not a suit. I see girls dressed like this is photos with guys in jeans and what looks like the free gold shirt the seed guy have their father at the annual meeting. Some of the moms other posts would make you think they’d only allow their daughter in a burka but .. yeah, get off my lawn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Even as a joke, Bob, you're asking for pictures of 15, 16, and 17 year old girls. Not a good look for anyone.

Dolphin is 100% correct. I have seen MANY pictures of friends' kids and siblings going to Homecoming. Most of the girls are wearing things that is basically fancy lingerie. The "dresses" leave little to the imagination.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

I read this and thought that my dad had been raised from the dead.

Spot on, right down to the Werther's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My old school’s homecoming got cancelled/postponed this weekend because there was a fight after the football game and they found guns in one of the combatant’s car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Between the girls' slutty attire and many parents renting exotic cars I haven't been able to figure it out for roughly a decade. But I've never had a Werther's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Between the girls' slutty attire and many parents renting exotic cars I haven't been able to figure it out for roughly a decade. But I've never had a Werther's.

GTFO, this is amazing. I love Werther's chewy caramels.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:26 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

GTFO, this is amazing. I love Werther's chewy caramels.

I don't particularly like caramel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
My old school’s homecoming got cancelled/postponed this weekend because there was a fight after the football game and they found guns in one of the combatant’s car.

There were guns in cars in that area when I was I went to prom MANY years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I assume there always are, and while I understand why LT cancelled their (outdoor) homecoming, I don’t think it would have been any more or less safe. Prom was usually at Drury Lane in the 80s/90s when I was there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
I assume there always are, and while I understand why LT cancelled their (outdoor) homecoming, I don’t think it would have been any more or less safe. Prom was usually at Drury Lane in the 80s/90s when I was there.

It was downtown when I went in the early 80's timeframe. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Old Fucker!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Old Fucker!!!

1981 to be exact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Old Fucker!!!

1981 to be exact.

Previous post is confirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I will never in the rest of my life eat a Carl Buddig product.
Fuckers tried to kill me for the last time!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I like plainville, Applegate, and some boars head products. Everything else is a bit off to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Darkside wrote:

At least you splurge for the name brand. When I was in college we used to load up on the Aldi version of Buddig for 15 cents a pack. And this was back when Aldi was truly at the bottom of the grocery food chain.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

At least you splurge for the name brand. When I was in college we used to load up on the Aldi version of Buddig for 15 cents a pack. And this was back when Aldi was truly at the bottom of the grocery food chain.

For the second time in 6 months I ate a slice of spoiled product. This time I was gagging in the sink a 10 minutes. First time I caught it before I put it in my mouth. Fuck this fucking company and their rotten meat. Never again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Darkside wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

For the second time in 6 months I ate a slice of spoiled product. This time I was gagging in the sink a 10 minutes. First time I caught it before I put it in my mouth. Fuck this fucking company and their rotten meat. Never again.

Buddig wrapped around a pickle slice and cream cheese is a delightful low carb snack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:33 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Buddig wrapped around a pickle slice and cream cheese is a delightful low carb snack.

Do not trust this fucking company.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Are they the chipped beef cream cheese green onion ball people?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 190  Next