It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the girls seem to like it. it's just an excuse to eat cream cheese.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Of course you use a cracker not a spoon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I remember as a kid when Buddig came out I thought it was a tremendous advance in technology.

Had it all the time.

Haven’t since around 1990.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 pm 

I'm actually a Brady fan, but between his als and Boston Red Sox fans I've had enough. I really hope that shitty area wins nothing else for a century.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I remember as a kid when Buddig came out I thought it was a tremendous advance in technology.

Had it all the time.

In a previous life, they were a client of mine. I've been in their South Holland facility a few times. It was impeccably clean.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My farm pickup took a crap on me Saturday, I'm still wrenching on it. Did the troubleshooting to prove it was NOT the start switch or relay or batteries or grounds. Tonight I got the starter off, had to remove the inner fender and even then the large lug broke out of the solenoid. Parts Geek shows 70 replacement models, big help there choosing just one! Been rained on twice trying to get it running.

Then, tonight, I hear the fencer indicating it was shorted out, so an hour and a half in the dark looking for a short. Finally found it near a steel post and wire repair. I kept looking for a minute just to say it wasn't the last place I looked. Easy fix.

Oh, and it looks like my cash crop, the Concord grapes we grow for Welch's, is completely lost. What little fruit survived the late hard frost events in May was decimated by late-season grape berry moth activity spawned by the warm temps we had in September. Figures. We average about seven tons per acre, after harvesting 4.5 acres we had a total of about three tons, and they were junk. Good thing the used tractor purchase fell through this past summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
That sucks, K.

It’s a stressful life to do everything right, know what you’re doing, and still can’t control it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’ve made intermittent comments to my oldest about wanting to leave our town and buy a farm in Wisconsin.

She’s apparently taken my nonsense to heart. Last week, we drove up to the Ryder Cup and she was very excited looking at the farms off 94/43. Telling me all about the horses she’d get, the playground we’d build for her on all that acreage, sledding in the winter…

I realized I need to dial it back and explain why I’m not cut out for farm ownership. Posts like K’s help.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 am 

I found myself at the new Shoeless Joe's this weekend. It was next door to a haunted house I went to because of my brother. What an odd clientele? The women looked rough, like how Karen described the hostess party in Goodfellas. The men were musked up like Brian Fantana. lots of leather and gold.

They have more than TWO HUGE SCREENS now. I hope to never return.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
I found myself at the new Shoeless Joe's this weekend. It was next door to a haunted house I went to because of my brother. What an odd clientele? The women looked rough, like how Karen described the hostess party in Goodfellas. The men were musked up like Brian Fantana. lots of leather and gold.

They have more than TWO HUGE SCREENS now. I hope to never return.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Took the dog out to go to the bathroom this morning and stepped in some kind of hole. Been a while since I have turned my ankle this badly, one of those nice basketball ankle breakers where the
ankle bone almost hits the ground. :lol: Guess I should start wearing a camping light on my head.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My pesticide applicators license expires Dec 31. Michigan is only offering in-person testing at six locations, all over an hour away, and only on days I am working. They now offer online testing at a vendor's locations, also more than an hour away and $55 extra. Completely online, proctored from home, is also available for $65 fee. The restrictions on the room you select to take the test from leave you with the NYPD interrogation room, less handcuff rail on the table. Then, to get a chance to schedule this Zoom-meeting-turned-colonoscopy from my crawlspace, I need to pay first. Okay, they accept PayPal, makes things easier. The transaction goes through PayPal, but the return to vendor button cancels my application on the testing vendor site. I have received a confirmation email from PayPal already for the correct amount, but the testing place site forces me back through the whole process and wants payment again, which then defaults out again. The vendor's customer help line is full, we'll call you back, usually within two hours, or a week.

I renew my driver's license every four years, and each day can take a two ton killing machine out into the public. Only driving test I took for that was when I turned 16.

To buy registered pesticides, I MUST retest and pay every three years. The test is almost as easy, I imagine most all of you who do not post daily in the Politics section could pass it right now. But getting it done is a royal pain in the ass. Just let me pay the fee and buy my dope! God, now I sound like FF!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:33 am 

I start a 9 day training program tomorrow. First two days are all day Zoom calls and then Thursday through next Wednesday is in person sessions in Dallas, TX. Not looking forward to it, plus
to add insult to injury I have to drop my dog off at the kennel Wednesday night and pay for him to stay for a week out of my own pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
T-Bone wrote:
I start a 9 day training program tomorrow. First two days are all day Zoom calls and then Thursday through next Wednesday is in person sessions in Dallas, TX. Not looking forward to it, plus
to add insult to injury I have to drop my dog off at the kennel Wednesday night and pay for him to stay for a week out of my own pocket.

That's heinous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Angie's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Had it all the time.

The lady told me when we bought our house that it was originally the Casa de Buddig. Must have been before ol' Carl Buddig took over the mondo carne. Also, I would have thought he was as straight as an arrow.

Their Facebook page links to a webpage that features a good-looking woman:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:49 pm 

While I was away, strippers went to the top floor of the parking lot I use and put on a show for the inmates looking down from the federal penetentiary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what injury? Why u not looking forward to it? This should be somethin' to brag about, not complain about.

You get to leave Chicago, which due to pandemic u werent able to do much , u get to pad ur airline and hotel miles, you get to learn new shit and get paid to do it, you will be in warmer weather, and u dont have to worry about ur dog for a week.

I'll fuckin trade you. You stay here and I'll go.

Last edited by whistler on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:17 pm 

Nardi wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That's heinous

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
While I was away, strippers went to the top floor of the parking lot I use and put on a show for the inmates looking down from the federal penetentiary.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:26 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Were you in solitary?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:45 am 

Hopefully T-Bone's havin' fun in Dallas. He is knee-deep in his training right now.

I'm gelus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:08 am 

whistler wrote:
Hopefully T-Bone's havin' fun in Dallas. He is knee-deep in his training right now.

I'm gelus.

Today is the last day. I picked up some kind of upper respiratory virus and have been coughing the last few days and have a sore throat. Class runs from 8am until 7pm and includes a lot of role playing and learning how to sell using certain phrases and scripts. This is the 8th day in a row. All that said, it has really sucked. Now I am just crossing my fingers that my flight doesn't get moved or cancelled as I am flying American. Looking forward to getting home and picking up my dog, although having him kenneled will cost me $400+ out of pocket. I haven't left the hotel room other than picking up a little beer at the local 7/11. It has not been a great week. I guess the kicker is that I am not in sales and the training really doesn't pertain to me, but my
bosses boss thought I should attend as he had to do it and thought it was worthwhile. In my report out next week I plan to let
him know that it definitely wasn't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
TBone's real agenda in Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I believe I mentioned that my bike broke and the part would not be available until March, 2022. Well, my guy Danny at D&S Cycle was able to patch her back together with the caveat that I shouldn't ride too hard. Well, it's impossible for me not to ride hard, but credit to Danny she stayed in one piece for a month of hard riding until the pedal came off again.

This time I went back to Wheel & Sprocket where I bought the bike and I came in with a little attitude. I mean, it's a $1000 bike and it wasn't even a year old. They agreed that this shouldn't happen and even admitted this wasn't the first time they had seen the same problem. I told them I really could never buy a Trek again. They tried to blame the Shimano parts, but I wasn't having it. The problem may be the Shimano parts, but Trek is using those parts. I need Trek to stand behind its product and not leave me without a bike for ten months.

I told the guy I wasn't looking for a warranty. I'm willing to pay. I just need my shit up and running. He said he would do something for me. The next day he told me he had done a temporary fix. I picked up the bike and halfway home the pedal came off again. Now I was really steaming. I gave the guy an earful and he apologized. He had me order parts online myself and he installed them at no charge.

But here's my complaint. The part he suggested has a gear set with a tiny sprocket. I'm riding the bike as if it were a fixie. I never shift. I don't mind that. But I can't really make any speed at all. It's a monumental achievement for me to maintain 15 mph with this set up. My regular 17 mile route takes me significantly longer now than it should. And even worse, slow fat people are now passing me on the regular.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. At least I'm rolling. And I do appreciate Danny and Brett doing what they could.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Which one of those was the place requiring you to wear a mask?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Every place requires a mask. Danny doesn't act like I'm poisonous. The Pony Shop is the place I'm boycotting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Every place requires a mask. Danny doesn't act like I'm poisonous. The Pony Shop is the place I'm boycotting.

Ok that was it. I couldn't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:36 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Should have gone to see my guy Nate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:48 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
GoldenJet wrote:
Should have gone to see my guy Nate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:03 am 

Mom called us last night to let us know that my sister in law has breast cancer at 43. She is still waiting to get a determination on stage and next steps. She has two kids in junior high and lost my brother 4 years ago so we are just praying for her to get a diagnosis that she can recover from. Ugh…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 190  Next