It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mike Tomlin to USC?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I do believe Tomlin is a very good coach and I would be in no hurry to fire him. Having said that, I do find it interesting how people look at the Packers and their 1 Super Bowl with a Hall of Fame QB and how people look at the Steelers with the same thing.

Thinking about this further though, the Steelers did go to another Super Bowl so that is probably where I am wrong.

He's been .500 or better every year he's been the head coach(2007-present). I think they've missed the playoffs 3 times since then. In a really tough division.

Let's face it. The Packers play in one of the consistently easiest divisions in football. I mean, the Lions :lol: The Bears (since around 1994) :lol: The Vikings since Dennis Green got fired :lol:

Bears and Vikings rank in the top half of the league in record since 2000

https://champsorchumps.us/records/most- ... since-2000

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
FavreFan wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I do believe Tomlin is a very good coach and I would be in no hurry to fire him. Having said that, I do find it interesting how people look at the Packers and their 1 Super Bowl with a Hall of Fame QB and how people look at the Steelers with the same thing.

Thinking about this further though, the Steelers did go to another Super Bowl so that is probably where I am wrong.

He's been .500 or better every year he's been the head coach(2007-present). I think they've missed the playoffs 3 times since then. In a really tough division.

Let's face it. The Packers play in one of the consistently easiest divisions in football. I mean, the Lions :lol: The Bears (since around 1994) :lol: The Vikings since Dennis Green got fired :lol:

Bears and Vikings rank in the top half of the league in record since 2000

https://champsorchumps.us/records/most- ... since-2000

That's astonishing (about the Bears I mean). Let's not make the Vikings sound good, though...IMU will never shut up about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Cleveland and Cincinnati have been door mats for the majority of the time he has been the Head Coach there.

Cincinnati had that run with Marvin Lewis where they were just good enough to lose Wild Card games every year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:35 pm 

And let's call it what it is. Some of the Packers bad moments (the end of the McCarthy era) were memorably bad. I can't think of a time under Tomlin that the Steelers have been laughably inept.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:39 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
And let's call it what it is. Some of the Packers bad moments (the end of the McCarthy era) were memorably bad. I can't think of a time under Tomlin that the Steelers have been laughably inept.

He has never had a losing record and only 3 8-8 records, that is damn impressive. But hasn't won a Super Bowl in quite a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:45 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

He has never had a losing record and only 3 8-8 records, that is damn impressive. But hasn't won a Super Bowl in quite a long time.

It is what it is. The Rooney family is happy to field a contender year after year. I mean with his level of success, I wouldn't pull the plug either.

To be honest, the year Ryan Shazier got hurt, they were well on their way to the Super Bowl, but didn't have an answer over the middle after the injury. That's really neither here nor there, though.

As has been mentioned several times, he'd need his head examined to leave the Pittsburgh job for USC.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He was very irate today at his presser. Said there isn’t a college booster with a big enough checkbook ever. Why don’t you ask Payton? Why don’t you ask Reid? Anymore dumb college questions? End of presser.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

They did kinda take away 2 top 5 players for being assholes and he still kept winning. The organization has built a culture of winning and only a complete idiot could change that. They wouldn't hire that guy though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Hawg Ass wrote:

Tomlin overachieves by being a smart coach and earning the respect of his players, McCarthy underachieved by doing neither and looking like a guy who finished third in a hot-dog-eating contest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tomlin has some awesome, cosmically stupid quotes. I like him.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Uses great cliches.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

Uses great cliches.

Just shows you that all that glitters is not gold.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hawg Ass wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Neither has Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous

He can turn a phrase like none other.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:51 am 

If he left the Steelers, he'd have his pick of other NFL jobs at an amount at least as high as USC.

Too much opportunity to get yourself in trouble at USC both personally and professionally. I don't know why anyone would ever choose college over the NFL. Kissing the asses of high school players, parents and hangers on has to be demeaning unless you are one of those natural used car salesman types