It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Matt Eber-Lose
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas is trying too hard to sell us this turd of a hire
:lol:

EberLose's defense shit the bed against the Jaguars with the season on the line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
They're trying too hard to convince everyone that Poles is running the show. Eberflus had a 2nd interview scheduled for Monday when Polian was in charge. That interview was moved to Wednesday before Poles was hired. After Poles was hired he participated in interviews with all 3 finalists. It's complete bullshit to suggest anyone in the Bears organization was bothered by one of their finalists being hired.

It would be even more troubling if they eliminated GM candidates based on a disagreement with the three HC finalists

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Polian pushing hard for Caldwell I guess?

Apparently he wasn't allowed to sit in on the 2nd round of interviews. Polian shouldn't be bothered considering they were his guys.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
They're trying too hard to convince everyone that Poles is running the show. Eberflus had a 2nd interview scheduled for Monday when Polian was in charge. That interview was moved to Wednesday before Poles was hired. After Poles was hired he participated in interviews with all 3 finalists. It's complete bullshit to suggest anyone in the Bears organization was bothered by one of their finalists being hired.

It would be even more troubling if they eliminated GM candidates based on a disagreement with the three HC finalists

Possibly. Morocco Brown was scheduled to interview with Eberflus on Monday. Then their interviews were decoupled at the last minute.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I have concerns about a D coach who has never been a head coach at any level.

They better get some kick-ass offensive coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:

EberLose's defense shit the bed against the Jaguars with the season on the line.

I forgot about that. That was even worse than Leslie Frazier getting torched by KC. The fucking Jags! But hey, they hired Nagy after he screwed the pooch in that KC playoff game...these guys are perfect candidates for Phillips, who can then get them cheap.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Guys that done it before like Flores, Quinn and Pederson were sitting right there for them. This is an unjustifiable bad hire.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:07 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I forgot about that. That was even worse than Leslie Frazier getting torched by KC. The fucking Jags! But hey, they hired Nagy after he screwed the pooch in that KC playoff game...these guys are perfect candidates for Phillips, who can then get them cheap.

After they hired the "offensive guy" in Trestman the knee jerk was to a defensive guy in Fox, back to a knee jerk reaction in the offensive guy in Nagy, then back to the defensive guy. It's not the side of the ball that is the problem they are just hiring the wrong fucking guys. Man this organization sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Caller Bob wrote:

hmm, interesting take.

they gave up 26 pts.... but the jags only had 318 total yards that game. On a per game basis that would rank 23rd in the league this year.

Jags half their points that game on drives of 2 yards, 28 yards and 45 yards.... you think maybe that loss was probably more the fault of carson wentz and how much he sucks? Or do you think 233 yards of offense should get you W's typically (they had about 150 yards of offense through 3 qtrs)?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:18 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

hmm, interesting take.

they gave up 26 pts.... but the jags only had 318 total yards that game. On a per game basis that would rank 23rd in the league this year.

Jags half their points that game on drives of 2 yards, 28 yards and 45 yards.... you think maybe that loss was probably more the fault of carson wentz and how much he sucks? Or do you think 233 yards of offense should get you W's typically?

Carson Wentz sucks too, but JFC stop the Jaguars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
rich eisen take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfW_WbEjfTQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I know having thoughts on Poles by just observing what is happening is trolling if you are a fan of another team but I have more to say. That comment by Spiegal is absolute nonsense. There is no way in hell the EMPOWERED Poles was able to conduct his own thorough interview process in less than 24 hours. He was given a list of 3 guys they liked and he picked from it. This is the 3rd bit of nonsense that has been put out there to inflate the amazingness of Poles. Drafting Mahomes, getting to the facility at 6 fucking 30 am and now being an EMPOWERED GM that marches in and selects his own man, by himself, with no influence from anyone....in less than 24 hours.

I liked the coach as the DC for the Colts. I have no idea how he will be in charge but he seems like less of a donkey than Nagy was. Poles though....people close to the team and the media that cover the team are going out of their way to prop him up and that should not inspire confidence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I know having thoughts on Poles by just observing what is happening is trolling if you are a fan of another team but I have more to say. That comment by Spiegal is absolute nonsense. There is no way in hell the EMPOWERED Poles was able to conduct his own thorough interview process in less than 24 hours. He was given a list of 3 guys they liked and he picked from it. This is the 3rd bit of nonsense that has been put out there to inflate the amazingness of Poles. Drafting Mahomes, getting to the facility at 6 fucking 30 am and now being an EMPOWERED GM that marches in and selects his own man, by himself, with no influence from anyone....in less than 24 hours.

I liked the coach as the DC for the Colts. I have no idea how he will be in charge but he seems like less of a donkey than Nagy was. Poles though....people close to the team and the media that cover the team are going out of their way to prop him up and that should not inspire confidence.

I agree with you

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
BigW72 wrote:

I agree with you

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Bears could have made some noise here if they sacked up and got Harbaugh.
You keep saying this and its been made pretty clear that at this point that all signs point to Harbaugh having no desire to leave Michigan at the current time.

DA BEARS COULDA MADE SOME NOISE IF DEY GOT DAT BELLICHECK GUY FROM DA PAYTREEOTS!

Fucking genius.

The Harbaugh slurping amuses me. He was good with SF but nobody wanted him last year. This year he finally beats OSU for the first time ever and all of a sudden hes the best coaching candidate of all time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Anyone with a demonstrated history of achieving success with teams at the HC level would have been great. Instead we go with the DC of the 9th best defense or something.

Way to go, mayor Daley!

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Buffalo veganfan21 circa 2017 wrote:
Anyone with a demonstrated history of achieving success with teams at the HC level would have been great. Instead we go with the DC of the 9th best defense or something.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Eberflus over Dave Toub? Did they even interview him?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
New Vikings GM Mensah was asked about Proles today a couple times. One question was whether the openings for both Gm and Coach at MN and Chicago created anything competitive between the teams since the openings are both being filled at the same time, especially since both teams had interviewed Proles. Mensah said that he was competitive regardless and there was nothing added to it because of the situation. He praised Proles saying that he thought Ryan would do a great job for the Bears.

Someone else compared the two by saying Proles was more old school football guy while Mensah was new school analytics. Mensah pushed back on being pigeonholed, but didn't comment on Proles approach.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:04 pm 

August Schell wrote:
New Vikings GM Mensah was asked about Proles today a couple times. One question was whether the openings for both Gm and Coach at MN and Chicago created anything competitive between the teams since the openings are both being filled at the same time, especially since both teams had interviewed Proles. Mensah said that he was competitive regardless and there was nothing added to it because of the situation. He praised Proles saying that he thought Ryan would do a great job for the Bears.

Someone else compared the two by saying Proles was more old school football guy while Mensah was new school analytics. Mensah pushed back on being pigeonholed, but didn't comment on Proles approach.

Neither Mensah or Poles should really be a GM.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
How stupid can the Bears be when they're basically repeating their mistakes with Ryan and Nagy?

They choose a HC with no heading coaching experience and a young GM with no GM experience.

That's just great. You hired this guy over Lovie?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

The only thing that is similar is the names Ryan and Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BigW72 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I agree with you

I also agree with your agreement

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Guys that done it before like Flores, Quinn and Pederson were sitting right there for them. This is an unjustifiable bad hire.

Yeah. This is like hiring Trestman over Arians.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Bears aren't pulling a rabbit out their hat and winning a Supet Bowl in the next 3 years. This team is going to suck long after we die.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I agree with you

I also agree with your agreement

Eberflus was deemed a finalist for HC before Poles even interviewed for the first time. Of course there's something funny going on here.

The Bears have apparently inverted NFL organizational hierarchy by giving precedence to the head coaching position over that of the GM. It looks to me as though they have privileged development of a team culture and player development/teaching over organizational philosophy and talent selection. It may be true that Poles was responsible for selecting the head coach, but it also seems true that one of the main reasons he was selected for GM is that he considered Eberflus and Caldwell top candidates for the HC position. While Eberflus didn't hire the GM, the GM was hired because he liked Eberfllus (and Caldwell). Consequently, the Bears GM search was artificially constrained from a very early stage. Rather than looking for the best overall candidate for the GM position, they sought the best candidate who wanted Eberflus or Caldwell as his coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Eberflus was deemed a finalist for HC before Poles even interviewed for the first time. Of course there's something funny going on here.

He has the same agent as Poles...hmmm.

What I don't understand is why Polian would be upset (per Spiegel's dubious reporting) that Poles went with Eberflus if Eberflus was one of the pre-ordained finalists that the committee (including Polian) chose for Poles to pick from?

I hope the media has some good questions for these guys when they have their introductory presser.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:19 am 

Has there been any news on a press conference?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

...And that agent is Trace Armstrong, who has been rumored to be a candidate for a Bears exec position. Hmmmm indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

...And that agent is Trace Armstrong, who has been rumored to be a candidate for a Bears exec position. Hmmmm indeed.

He's also Nagy's agent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next