It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Six years now. I can be sad, I can be mad and still time marches on.

I can't imagine what it must be like to go through this. You are in my thoughts, Mike.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:03 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I can't imagine what it must be like to go through this. You are in my thoughts, Mike.

Indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
You certainly can be and you should never make excuses or justify those feelings.

Getting up every day and living to the fullest is the best way you can honor her IMO.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Thanks Guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Diverticulitis is no joke if you have it. I just spent 5 days in the hospital because I wasn't watching my diet. Huge lesson learned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Augie wrote:
Diverticulitis is no joke if you have it. I just spent 5 days in the hospital because I wasn't watching my diet. Huge lesson learned.

Feel better Augie.

Were you eating broccoli?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Seacrest wrote:
Augie wrote:

Feel better Augie.

Thank you sir. I wish I could put the blame on one thing. But, it was a total neglect of my diet. My regular Doc warned me I could end up in the hospital, but I had no idea I would be that sick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Augie wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Augie wrote:

Feel better Augie.

Thank you sir. I wish I could put the blame on one thing. But, it was a total neglect of my diet. My regular Doc warned me I could end up in the hospital, but I had no idea I would be that sick.

I had a bout last year. Pretty damn painful. But....I eat whatever I want + Metamucil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Stepson left for spring break yesterday. His sister bought him a ticket to visit her in Phoenix. My wife offered to pay for his parking at O'Hare if he used the remote parking lot. He's been on this big kick about how he is an adult so against our better judgement we decided we would let him figure it out rather than sitting him down and pinning the directions to his shirt like a little kid. Not sure exactly what happened but when all was said and done he claimed there were no other parking spots and parked in the lot next to the terminal for $42 a day. Doesn't come back until Saturday so looking at a $200 parking bill. It's honestly been nice not having him at home. :wink: To top things off I went out of my way to grill steaks Monday night and have a family dinner. Out of nowhere he had the audacity to ask me who was getting my collection of tools after I die. :lol: WTF.

As you can imagine, no ice cream was served after dinner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

Does the kid know how to use your tools or does he just want to sell them?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:18 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Well that's a good question. He wants to start his own landscaping business after school and I believe some of the tools would come in handy for him. I was planning on setting him up with some to help him out, but I won't be handing them all over. I had the same thought that he would be selling them or pawning them. I'm 45 years old so I guess I was just taken aback by him asking. I don't think I ever asked my dad what I was getting when he kicked the bucket. :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well that's a good question. He wants to start his own landscaping business after school and I believe some of the tools would come in handy for him. I was planning on setting him up with some to help him out, but I won't be handing them all over. I had the same thought that he would be selling them or pawning them. I'm 45 years old so I guess I was just taken aback by him asking. I don't think I ever asked my dad what I was getting when he kicked the bucket. :?

Good news: He's showing some initiative.
Bad news: His spark of enthusiasm may have lethal consequences for you.

If he suddenly develops an interest in preparing and/or serving meals to you, be very afraid!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:40 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Good news: He's showing some initiative.
Bad news: His spark of enthusiasm may have lethal consequences for you.

If he suddenly develops an interest in preparing and/or serving meals to you, be very afraid!

Point taken on the food. Never seen him be ambitious enough to cook for anyone but himself. Also my stuff is all hand tools, so when he starts asking about sawzall's and chainsaws, I'll know to be wary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Stepdad dubbed 'Stalin of Desserts' killed by poison ice cream. Story at 11.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
T-Bone wrote:
Stepson left for spring break yesterday. His sister bought him a ticket to visit her in Phoenix. My wife offered to pay for his parking at O'Hare if he used the remote parking lot. He's been on this big kick about how he is an adult so against our better judgement we decided we would let him figure it out rather than sitting him down and pinning the directions to his shirt like a little kid. Not sure exactly what happened but when all was said and done he claimed there were no other parking spots and parked in the lot next to the terminal for $42 a day. Doesn't come back until Saturday so looking at a $200 parking bill. It's honestly been nice not having him at home. :wink: To top things off I went out of my way to grill steaks Monday night and have a family dinner. Out of nowhere he had the audacity to ask me who was getting my collection of tools after I die. :lol: WTF.

The "no other parking spaces" is a load of crap. Generally close in parking fills up first & even that's pretty rare. The only time the long term lots fill up is during the holidays. Either he was late for his flight or just didn't care.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:

Having a mixed family is tons of fun. Different flavors, but the same nonsense in my household. we don't have enough thread space to go into the stories here :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
T-Bone wrote:

You paid his parking bill after all of that? He didn't look for a cheaper spot cause he knew someone else was footing the bill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:02 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You paid his parking bill after all of that? He didn't look for a cheaper spot cause he knew someone else was footing the bill.

Bob, yep kids do stupid shit, yours will also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:07 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

He isn't home yet, but yes we will pay since we said we would and he has very little money. There will be a discussion about what happened and when he sticks his hand out for gas money to get back to school, he will likely be met with a low five. It is partially our own fault for thinking he would be able to step up, he hadn't proved that he has been able to do it in the past. Like a lot of 18 year olds, he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of money or it's value. To have an empty car sit in a parking garage for 5 days at that rate is a tough lesson for us as parents to learn but won't be forgotten, and certainly not repeated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Bob, yep kids do stupid shit, yours will also.

No....Bob's kids are well on their way to discovering a cure for cancer or inventing the renewable energy solution. I'm sorry, Bob....I know it's hard to remember that us regular people have normal kids that learn by doing stupid shit. We could only wish to be in your league.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The kid isn't stupid. Why walk if someone else is paying? That's smart.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Caller Bob wrote:
The kid isn't stupid. Why walk if someone else is paying? That's smart.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Playing dumb is smart. Hell, I still do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:30 pm 

If virtually all of the consumer insurance companies were made illegal, I really would enjoy that. It's a despicable racket across the board for a select group of people who represent the worst in this country's ultimate business model.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
While I love T-Mobile there is one thing that pisses me off. The two streaming services they are giving us a free year of there is basically nothing that much to interest me ,unless I am mistaken. Apple and Paramount.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
chaspoppcap wrote:
While I love T-Mobile there is one thing that pisses me off. The two streaming services they are giving us a free year of there is basically nothing that much to interest me ,unless I am mistaken. Apple and Paramount.

I feel like every streaming service is hit & miss. Paramount has the Yellowstone stuff if you’re interested in that. It’s also hands-down the worst streaming service, in that you’re forced to watch commercials during the content no matter what.

Apple has a good show or two. We’re watching WeCrashed right now; it’s decent background noise and the acting is very good. Ted Lasso didn’t suck for a handful of episodes Season 1.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:22 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

I feel like every streaming service is hit & miss. Paramount has the Yellowstone stuff if you’re interested in that. It’s also hands-down the worst streaming service, in that you’re forced to watch commercials during the content no matter what.

Apple has a good show or two. We’re watching WeCrashed right now; it’s decent background noise and the acting is very good. Ted Lasso didn’t suck for a handful of episodes Season 1.

The one I really want they dont offer, I do get Netflix for like 40% off.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
chaspoppcap wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

The one I really want they dont offer, I do get Netflix for like 40% off.

T-Mobile gives you the mlb app for free too if that does anything for you.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:03 pm 

Yeah,it is nice I usually let me relative who does a lot of traveling for work use it so he can watch Cubs games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bought a new (used) car for the kids last Friday, and today, five days later, some asshole smashed the front fender while it was parked, and left the scene. Scum of the fucking earth.

Hoping the establishment has security cameras, but I'm not holding my breath.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 190  Next