It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
While running some errands turned on the app to hear what Larry was talking about. He is doing top 5 Tuesday and it is what are the worst looking college basketball courts in the nation.

Hey asshat you are doing a radio show. The majority of your listeners cannot see what you are talking about.

Fail

From the people who brought you the Matt Bowen Film Room.

Matt Bowen was awesome as a Score analyst.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
While running some errands turned on the app to hear what Larry was talking about. He is doing top 5 Tuesday and it is what are the worst looking college basketball courts in the nation.

Hey asshat you are doing a radio show. The majority of your listeners cannot see what you are talking about.

Fail

Film study on the radio was a horrible segment.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fail

He voice sounded just like Doug Buffone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
lol Bowen was the worst. "MmmK?" uh huh, yep.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fail

Calling the Bowen segment "film study" was certainly a dumb way to promote it since he wasn't doing anything different than every other Bears analyst the Score has ever employed. The only significant difference is that Bowen is simply better at explaining schemes, dissecting plays, and describing player strengths and weaknesses than guys like Greg Cosell, Sage Rosenfels and others on the station.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:38 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fail

Calling the Bowen segment "film study" was certainly a dumb way to promote it since he wasn't doing anything different than every other analyst on the radio.

They were literally freezing/replaying game tape of specific plays and having Bowen describe what he was looking at.

He was fine when he kept that stuff to the pre-work. Film study blows enough as a visual medium.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fail

Calling the Bowen segment "film study" was certainly a dumb way to promote it since he wasn't doing anything different than every other analyst on the radio.

They were literally freezing/replaying game tape of specific plays and having Bowen describe what he was looking at.

He was fine when he kept that stuff to the pre-work. Film study blows enough as a visual medium.

I must not have been listening to B&B at that point. The first couple of seasons Bowen appeared on that show he was easily one of the best analysts in the station's history.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 am 

It was a LoHo bit in service of ‘smart radio.’ I don’t even remember if he had a regular time slot when that segment was running.

I like Bowen as a football analyst fwiw. That specific segment was made for people who think they’re football coaches because they watch a lot of RedZone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fail

My memory lines up with your memory. It was asking a lot of the listeners. If you gave it your full attention, it was comprehensible, but if you were doing something else while listening (as most of us are) it was pointless. It was just a segment that demanded a visual component.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The Bowen segment would have worked better today with Twitch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Siera Santos
@SieraSantos
My dude
@LaurenceWHolmes
said I was “for the streets” and I’m not even mad.

Can’t argue facts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Apparently Gabe Ramirez is the new Score 6pm host. Little I've heard of him very bland & generic (of course). Scrolling podcasts I see his Monday Bulls expert to preview Bulls/Bucks. Would you believe Larry Holmes?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Listening to Larry count down the top five sides from fast food joints sure was gripping radio today.

And what an entitled doofus. Made his parents stop for McDonald's fries when they picked up a pizza. If they'd have never done that maybe he wouldn't be such a weiner.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
vitoscotti wrote:
Apparently Gabe Ramirez is the new Score 6pm host. Little I've heard of him very bland & generic (of course). Scrolling podcasts I see his Monday Bulls expert to preview Bulls/Bucks. Would you believe Larry Holmes?

Gabe already has a partner.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/04/13/ ... more-33117

Kaitlin Sharkey, who left Fox 32 to explore other opportunities, will turn up tonight (Wednesday) as a guest co-host on Audacy sports/talk WSCR 670-AM. She’ll join Gabe Ramirez from 6 to 9 p.m.

“Kaitlin is a terrific on-air talent,” said Mitch Rosen, operations director and brand manager of The Score. “I’ve followed her career from Milwaukee to Chicago. We have been trying to get her involved with Audacy for a while. I’m glad two friends like her and Gabe can have some fun talking Chicago sports tonight.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hello Cassie Carlson.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:12 pm 

Sharkey used to do Bears post games. She is cute. Add her to The Little Sisters of the Sir program.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
why is kaitlin slumming it on radio? Or maybe she wants to follow the leila career path back to TV.

also in the process of google her i found the same feder article mention lauren magiera is leaving WGN for... ??? just leaving apparently. She seemed competent on TV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Laurence had Stephen Bardo on yesterday to discuss the Bulls and Bardo was asked what he thought of Patrick Williams' potential. Bardo responded, "His offensive skills are ELITE. His defensive skills are ELITE. I think he can average 16 points in this league."

16 points is "elite"? That gets you to around 70th on the scoring list.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:55 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Laurence had Stephen Bardo on yesterday to discuss the Bulls and Bardo was asked what he thought of Patrick Williams' potential. Bardo responded, "His offensive skills are ELITE. His defensive skills are ELITE. I think he can average 16 points in this league."

16 points is "elite"? That gets you to around 70th on the scoring list.

Bardo on Patrick Williams.

I see a young man that has tremendous upside and he can do everything on the floor when his jumper is flowing. It looks good when he's going to the rim. It looks good when he's putting it on the deck with confidence. It looks good but he still struggles with his level of confidence. To me defensively I think he can be elite offensively i think he can be a lead. I just wonder why he's lost so much confidence. I don't know if it's with the injury situation that he's had to overcome but he'll show you glimpses where it's like oh man this guy could be a dominant player on the floor and then there are times when he's on the floor and he disappears. You know you don't even know he's there. Like Patrick Williams to me Laurence could be a 16 point eight rebound 6 assists guy. I mean it. If he was healthy throughout a season I believe he can average those numbers even with Zack Levine and a DeMar DeRozan on the squad. I believe he is that talented. I think he can get points very efficiently off the offensive glass. You can feel the lane running the fast break like i said when he shot his own. I just think it comes down to a confidence situation with Patrick Williams because at times he looks like he's an upper echelon NBA player.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 am 

U of I represent!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 pm 

Larry had a great interview with Steve Stone focusing on pitching strategy. Talked about not throwing 100% all the time. Value of knowing hitter's weaknesses & strengths, and thinking vs trying to over throw. Also, the link of the mental aspect to his success in Baltimore.

Larry plays it straight with Stone letting him have the spotlight. Interesting no Larry's signature urban southern twang, or Larry's "you alls".

Listened a little after Stone. Score, same old, same old content falling off a cliff after a guest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
heard the interview, also said something about latin players that is borderline in today's sjw world. i'm not on twitter, wonder if stone has been called out by anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
heard the interview, also said something about latin players that is borderline in today's sjw world. i'm not on twitter, wonder if stone has been called out by anyone.

Why? All he said was more often than not they have come from warm weather origins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:04 am 

he said more than that - more like their dna is not used to playing in the cold, unlike his and americans' dna - as he played in 40 degree h.s. games in ohio. waiting for someone on twitter to show a latin player looking like palooka joe hitting a homer in the cold.

i remember when ivan dejesus lost a pop up in the sun and harry caray wondered aloud, as to why. after all, aren't they used to the sun in puerto rico? that was cringe-worthy in 1981?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: What??
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
he said more than that - more like their dna is not used to playing in the cold, unlike his and americans' dna - as he played in 40 degree h.s. games in ohio. waiting for someone on twitter to show a latin player looking like palooka joe hitting a homer in the cold.

i remember when ivan dejesus lost a pop up in the sun and harry caray wondered aloud, as to why. after all, aren't they used to the sun in puerto rico? that was cringe-worthy in 1981?

I don't mind the cold, I hate the heat. I'm sick of summer by the middle of August. Back in the day, the courts were blacktop. Balcks played all day. I was done by noon. So tell me, is DNA bullshit?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:48 am 

well, i'll tell you...in 14 hundred and ninety two, columbus sailed the ocean blue.

it all started with him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:00 am 

Steve Stone with Larry Holmes talking about Latin players in the spring. Obviously, it's nothing. But I can see lunatic fringe left like Julie & Parkins being offended by the comments.

We have a lot of Latin players. And they're born and raised almost without exception in very warm weather. There's just a lot of guys who don't hit early. The Sox have a lot of Latin players on their team. They've played in warm weather their whole lives. It's just difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I don't think Stone mentioned "dna" at all. He just said that Latin players weren't used to playing in cold weather whereas many American players are.

Then again, it's possible I was distracted since I am Polish and was struggling to change a light bulb without my wife being around to rotate the chair I was standing on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:17 am 

i believe he mentioned baseball dna - as i may have been distracted driving to work. stone mentioned that he played 40 h.s. games in ohio and 30 of those games were in temps 40 degrees or less. him and n. american players can get on in the cold.

my take is that white fragility needs games in april and november to mask their obvious impotence in warm weather. nothing to do with more playoff games to pad advertising revenues. i offer that to julie d.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm 

Jim O'Donnell really ripped the Score and ESPN 1000 today in the Daily- Herald.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next