It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
badrogue17 wrote:

The first 2 stats aren't good, I'm guessing the average separation one is misleading because he's dumping off to running backs with no one near them. Receivers sure don't look open by 4 yards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:06 am 

She's little more than another Sarah Spain. Another vacuous talking head who doesn't seem to do anything other than to listen to the thoughts of others then regurgitate them in extended paragraph form. Pass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Context certainly appears to be a theme for Bears beat writers when it comes to Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The average release time stat is somewhat misleading for Fields since he throws on the run a lot. Then again, he throws on the run a lot because he can't yet play within the structure of a conventional NFL offensive system.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

One thing that retroactively annoys me about Fields training videos from the offseason is the amount of time he apparently expended practicing medium to deep routes. He was pretty darn good with those last year. It's the short throws--screens, swing passes, slants, etc that he struggles with--yet he didn't appear to prioritize those patterns during the spring and early summer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:46 am 

Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
#Bears have attempted 28 passes through first two games.

Only others instance in Super Bowl era of 28 or less pass attempts through 2 weeks:

1978 Packers 24
1973 Rams 25
1972 Bears 27
1969 Falcons 27
1967 Bears 28

Notice a recurring theme?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bears get off the bus running?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We've basically downgraded (if that was possible) from the Nagy offense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
One thing that retroactively annoys me about Fields training videos from the offseason is the amount of time he apparently expended practicing medium to deep routes. He was pretty darn good with those last year. It's the short throws--screens, swing passes, slants, etc that he struggles with--yet he didn't appear to prioritize those patterns during the spring and early summer.
I know you need protection to throw these, but it doesn't seem like the Bears are calling MANY of this kind of route.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I know you need protection to throw these, but it doesn't seem like the Bears are calling MANY of this kind of route.

Well, there's certainly truth to the idea that they don't run slants since he can't get rid of the ball quickly enough to execute them.

They have run some screens, swings or short sideline passes that haven't looked very good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
short sideline passes that haven't looked very good.

hey wasn't that one of Mooney's catches ??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

That 1st sack is 100% on Fields....Borom holds his man off initially(not a great play by Borom, but he gives him a few seconds at least) but Fields holds on to the ball way too long and he has a guy wide open on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree, Bob. He's got a guy wide open on the right for what looks like an easy completion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
On the 3rd sack, Fields could have thrown the ball at the lineman's feet as there were two RBs 'in the area'

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm 

It seems like the strategy with Eberflous and Getsy is to dumb down the offense and try to gimmic their way to a 7-8 win season by not making mistakes on offense and winning the turnover battle, aka Lovie-Light(vomits) the problem with this is that we won't get an elite draft pick for a 3 tech, WR, or even to replace Fields and by not opening the offense up, you really don't know what you have. It's a terrible strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:31 pm 

7 wins got you the 8-11 picks

Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave went 10-11. I'd call them elite at the time of drafting and looking good two games into their careers.

first interior DL went 13 and I'd analyze Jordan Davis the same as above

I want my coaches to want to win every game and my GM to worry about the long term. Poles tried to put together a 5 win team with how he addressed WR and OL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
KDdidit wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The first 2 stats aren't good, I'm guessing the average separation one is misleading because he's dumping off to running backs with no one near them. Receivers sure don't look open by 4 yards

all 3 are horrible stats. the 3rd one likely means he's only throwing if he sees the guy open and he's not anticipating

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I still don't get how people think this team can get to 7 wins. What roster is worse than ours? Maybe two to three at most have worse rosters. You're not winning 7 if you have a bottom 5 roster.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:47 pm 

Bernsie and Larry had a good interview with a QB guru about Fields.

Pretty interesting stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7AsySV-isg

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:
I still don't get how people think this team can get to 7 wins. What roster is worse than ours? Maybe two to three at most have worse rosters. You're not winning 7 if you have a bottom 5 roster.

The schedule does get pretty soft...Texans, Giants, Commanders, Patriots, Cowboys, Falcons, Jets, Lions 2x (probably split). I can see them winning six against that group even if they go 0-4 against the Packers and Vikings. Buffalo, Miami, and maybe the Eagles, are the only unwinnable games.

If Fields doesn't show major improvement against the Texans/Giants/Commanders, he's probably toast. Even Parkins and Spiegel seem to be jumping ship on how high the ceiling is, though Parkins seems to think Fields will get NEXT year no matter what.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The schedule does get pretty soft...Texans, Giants, Commanders, Patriots, Cowboys, Falcons, Jets, Lions 2x (probably split). I can see them winning six against that group even if they go 0-4 against the Packers and Vikings. Buffalo, Miami, and maybe the Eagles, are the only unwinnable games.

If Fields doesn't show major improvement against the Texans/Giants/Commanders, he's probably toast. Even Parkins and Spiegel seem to be jumping ship on how high the ceiling is, though Parkins seems to think Fields will get NEXT year no matter what.

I don't think the schedule is as soft as it would have been just last year. The Giants for example are 2-0. They've got a new coach and Barkley is relatively healthy. Washington can score and they've got legit weapons at WR. The Lions are moving up and down the field with no problem - they've scored 35 and 36 in back to back games. Don't ask me how - I'm just telling you what I see. They're better than the Bears. So I just don't see six games against that batch. To sum it up, the Bears won 6 last year and then downgraded personnel over the off-season. Not seeing how a worse team than last year's six win team is going to meet or beat the record from last year. Maybe it's possible via a defensive turnaround. Idk just my two cents.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff

That was very good. Leery did his best to make me X out with some aggressive cackling, but that guy was a nice listen.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff

That was very good. Leery did his best to make me X out with some aggressive cackling, but that guy was a nice listen.

I came into the interview questioning Fields; I left the interview questioning Fields and Getsy.

Here we go again....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff

I came into the interview questioning Fields; I left the interview questioning Fields and Getsy.

Here we go again....

This Jenkins guy saying that you can't trust what you see on the all 22 has to sting Bernstein. That's been his bible the last few years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff

Here we go again....

Why? Because he sounds like he knows what he's talking about or because you want to believe it?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Caller Bob wrote:
It seems like the strategy with Eberflous and Getsy is to dumb down the offense and try to gimmic their way to a 7-8 win season by not making mistakes on offense and winning the turnover battle, aka Lovie-Light(vomits) the problem with this is that we won't get an elite draft pick for a 3 tech, WR, or even to replace Fields and by not opening the offense up, you really don't know what you have. It's a terrible strategy.

I remember how bad the team was last year from the play calling to the dogging it by receivers and defensive linemen and Lbs. Let these young guys bust their asses and see what they can do. They are 1-1 and were in that game on Sunday and got screwed in the 4th quarter of a touchdown.

Next season they have a full draft and $100M to use to bring in upgrades to the O-Line, receivers, and LBS. What's wrong with winning with defense and taking advantage of turnovers? How did SF almost go to the Super Bowl last season?[quote="Nas"][quote="Tall Midget"][quote="This Ends in Antioch"][quote="RFDC"]Bernsie and Larry had a good interview with a QB guru about Fields.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:

Right now they have played two powerful teams and are 1-1. Did anyone expect a team with very few draft picks and no free agent money, to be a play-off team? I just agree with the coaching staff and Gm decisions to protect this quarterback and to play the young guys and see what they have going into next season.

i would hope that the defense takes stock about how they got manhandled by GB on Sunday and grow a pair when they tackle.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff

Here we go again....

Why? Because he sounds like he knows what he's talking about or because you want to believe it?

You are not going to learn anything about football from the current WSCR lineup, in fact rather than the station being the smart fans station it is in reality the primary and go to place for bad Bears and NFL thoughts.

Stop watching the skill position guys, the team got its ass kicked at the line of scrimmage Sunday and you won't win football games at any level when that happens. You can maybe get Mustipher out of there, but you still have your tackles getting shoved back into the QB's lap every play.

Fields has all the physical traits you want 99% of NFL QB play is instantly recognizing mismatches and quickly getting the ball into the hands of guys that can win one on one matchups. Fields seems to think he is still at Ohio State playing against Nas Tech where he has all day to throw and can outrun all the defensive players, you would think a season of getting his ass handed to him in the NFL would have beaten that out of him, but he still has learned, and he is rapidly running out of time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:18 am 

Sir is getting heavy and Bernstein is aging into a model for a nazi propaganda poster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 146  Next