It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
One of the few things the Bears did fairly well last year was run the ball.

And yet Montgomery averaged only 3.8 yards per carry.

Because he doesn't have any vision. He runs hard into a pile of players. I think Herbert is perfect for this new system.

i disagree with that assessment. He makes cuts that are really remarkable. He isn't fast but he is a very good reliable back and can catch the ball also. The guy, after all, has gained about 4000 all purpose yards in three seasons within a disjointed and ineffective offense. Maybe the Bears ought to take a page out of the GB playbook and put both of the backs on the field at the same time? Especially considering how weak the pass receivers are on the team.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caller Bob wrote:
It would have been nice if he started to re-shape the roster this year, as the notion of tanking in the NFL is absurd....

I will say the only time I would tank in the NFL if you have a month to go in the regular season, you have a legit shot at the #1 pick and their is a can't miss Peyton Manning QB prospect available.

A bit more complicated than that, a modern NFL tank job not only includes losing, but creating scenarios where you have tons of cap room by trading away high priced vets and eating the dead cap hits, then signing journeymen to one year deals. You then get a shot at top guys in the draft and can throw money at top FA's.

Poles must have approval from George to tank this year. This happens all over in pro sports, the only way to put a stop to it would be to adopt a Premiere League type relegation system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
It would have been nice if he started to re-shape the roster this year, as the notion of tanking in the NFL is absurd....

I will say the only time I would tank in the NFL if you have a month to go in the regular season, you have a legit shot at the #1 pick and their is a can't miss Peyton Manning QB prospect available.

A bit more complicated than that, a modern NFL tank job not only includes losing, but creating scenarios where you have tons of cap room by trading away high priced vets and eating the dead cap hits, then signing journeymen to one year deals. You then get a shot at top guys in the draft and can throw money at top FA's.

Poles must have approval from George to tank this year. This happens all over in pro sports, the only way to put a stop to it would be to adopt a Premiere League type relegation system.

Don't agree for the NFL. You're always one inch away from winning the division should you remain competitive. All you need is someone else to lose their QB to injury or for you to take the league by surprise. Dallas lost Dak and now Philly and maybe NY potentially benefit. Front office blunders in GB now create a path for Detroit and Minnesota to take advantage. Tennessee came out of nowhere a few years ago to become a respectable AFC contender on the strength of a running back and not much else. You can win with what you have in the NFL if you actually try to acquire talent. And I dont mean throwing big money at past their prime players either.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Don't agree for the NFL. You're always one inch away from winning the division should you remain competitive. All you need is someone else to lose their QB to injury or for you to take the league by surprise. Dallas lost Dak and now Philly and maybe NY potentially benefit. Front office blunders in GB now create a path for Detroit and Minnesota to take advantage. Tennessee came out of nowhere a few years ago to become a respectable AFC contender on the strength of a running back and not much else. You can win with what you have in the NFL if you actually try to acquire talent. And I dont mean throwing big money at past their prime players either.

Dallas, GB, and Tennesse all have/had one thing in common, will let you figure that one out as your football acumen is always slightly amusing. You are actually inadvertently making a very strong case for what I posted earlier, but do not realize it because there is a basic lack of knowledge about the basic ingredients needed for success at any level of football.

Here's a hint, watch the big ugly guys at the line of scrimmage, everything depends on them doing their jobs, ask your guy Justin Fields what it's like to be two steps into your drop and have a very angry man shoving your center backwards like he's on roller skates right back into your lap while another even more angry man is shoving your LT at you, makes it difficult to think about anything else other than not getting your head caved in when 1000 pounds worth of ass falls on top of you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There is some truth to what you say but the thing that makes the Bears unique is how badly Pace managed the trading for draft picks.

On quarterback alone, he gave up a round 1, round 2, round 3, three round 4 picks and a round 5 pick. That's 7 picks alone so they could have (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, Foles, and Fields on the roster.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There is some truth to what you say but the thing that makes the Bears unique is how badly Pace managed the trading for draft picks.

On quarterback alone, he gave up a round 1, round 2, round 3, three round 4 picks and a round 5 pick. That's 7 picks alone so they could have (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, Foles, and Fields on the roster.

Funny....Claw and Vegan are arguing but they're both correct. :lol:
BRick....you are also correct. It's quite clear just how bad Pace was at GM. Draft picks are incredibly valuable. Pace treated them like they didn't matter. It's one thing to miss on a pick that was yours based on record....giving away additional picks on top of that to still miss is gas on a fire.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It is criminal how clueless that goof was on draft day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:58 am 

It's sad to think there is an alternate reality where Pace doesn't do the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky trade, and the Bears have 7 extra picks, and either Mahomes or Watson(or first-round picks in 2022, 2023 and 2024; a third-round pick in 2022; and a fourth-round pick in 2024 while only losing a sixth-round pick in a trade with the Browns).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Mahomes would not be the Mahomes he is today if drafted by the Bears.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bears dodged a bullet with Watson. That’s great character evaluation by Pace.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Mahomes would not be the Mahomes he is today if drafted by the Bears.

I don't think Mahomes sucks in any alternative timeline.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:31 am 

He definitely sucks in the Nagy/Bears timeline. They would have ruined him

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:

Nagy would’ve tried to script those dumb plays where he makes no look passes with his left hand.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:35 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Mahomes is likely good enough to get Nagy fired if he wanted him to be fired.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I think the trade that did the Bears in was the Mack trade and I said it at the time. The Bears weren't to their window yet. If you look at all of Pace's moves as GM, the thing that stands out is a lack of patience. Had the Bears stayed the course and kept the two picks that they traded for Mack, they could have drafted two more pieces...a OT and a LB let's say and had the money they paid Mack to sign free agents. I think given a couple more years of roster building that they might have been better off than the Club Dub they ended up with. But, I was in the minority though as everyone loved the Mack trade at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yes, Thieving Mack set the franchise. Inaction Jackson did as well. The Bears would have been in a better position IF they had those draft picks and $$ to spend on free agents.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:42 pm 

Augie wrote:
I think the trade that did the Bears in was the Mack trade and I said it at the time. The Bears weren't to their window yet. If you look at all of Pace's moves as GM, the thing that stands out is a lack of patience. Had the Bears stayed the course and kept the two picks that they traded for Mack, they could have drafted two more pieces...a OT and a LB let's say and had the money they paid Mack to sign free agents. I think given a couple more years of roster building that they might have been better off than the Club Dub they ended up with. But, I was in the minority though as everyone loved the Mack trade at the time.

Nah. Bears immediately became a top 3-5 defense and qualifed for the playoffs after acquiring Mack. An inept offense did them in against Philly.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Yes, Thieving Mack set the franchise. Inaction Jackson did as well. The Bears would have been in a better position IF they had those draft picks and $$ to spend on free agents.
All of these are bigger problems because Mitch failed to take a big step forward. If he had turned into the franchise guy, these other issues become small potatoes or are able to be dealt with much easier.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
All of these are bigger problems because Mitch failed to take a big step forward. If he had turned into the franchise guy, these other issues become small potatoes or are able to be dealt with much easier.

This is also true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:30 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

Nah. Bears immediately became a top 3-5 defense and qualifed for the playoffs after acquiring Mack. An inept offense did them in against Philly.

That was their ceiling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Augie wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

That was their ceiling.

Drafting Mitch over Watson or Mahomes was the beginning of the end. The defensive unit they produced the 1st year of the Mack trade was the most efficient in NFL history -and they couldn’t even win a playoff game. The defense wasn’t the problem, it was the offense, the guy coaching it, and the guy in charge of drafting and signing free agents for it.

Those couple of draft picks they retain if they don’t trade for Mack don’t make up for Nagy’s incompetence as a coach or Mitch not being special at all. Pace also never showed much in regards to brining in game breaking free agents either, so trusting that Pace makes great decisions if not for the Mack trade seems like quite the stretch too.

Nah, I think we already saw the best they could do -Mack trade or not.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:27 pm 

Augie wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

That was their ceiling.
It was their ceiling because they wasted 7 draft picks on trading for quarterbacks, and 9 draft picks if you include the actual draft picks of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields.

The Mack trade was great. They gave up less to get Mack than they gave up to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:38 pm 

Brick wrote:
Augie wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

That was their ceiling.
It was their ceiling because they wasted 7 draft picks on trading for quarterbacks, and 9 draft picks if you include the actual draft picks of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Fields.

The Mack trade was great. They gave up less to get Mack than they gave up to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or Fields.

Again, I'm on an island here and that's fine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
Augie wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Augie wrote:

That was their ceiling.

They also wasted draft picks trading up for Floyd, Anthony Miller, David Montgomery, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:19 am 

Pace would trade up from the 1st pick if he could.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:35 am 

So the King Poles fans here will tell you the reason Fields has no weapons to throw to is because of the impossible situation he was put into thanks to Ryan Pace, well lets look at a couple of nice players that could have helped Fields

George Pickens, myself and others were screaming for the Bears to draft this guy in the second round BEFORE the draft. Pickens numbers would be even better but he is behind two great receivers in Pittsburgh(hey what a novel concept, a GM giving the QB multiple weapons!) The Bears passed on him TWICE, in the 2nd round. Did we really need two DBs? Brisker looks decent, but I can't help but think this team would be better with Brisker and Pickens instead of the ballerina turned corner.

Amari Cooper, MANY thought was done in Dallas but he looked very good last night, still has juice in the tank. Dallas practically gave him away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:14 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
So the King Poles fans here will tell you the reason Fields has no weapons to throw to is because of the impossible situation he was put into thanks to Ryan Pace, well lets look at a couple of nice players that could have helped Fields

George Pickens, myself and others were screaming for the Bears to draft this guy in the second round BEFORE the draft. Pickens numbers would be even better but he is behind two great receivers in Pittsburgh(hey what a novel concept, a GM giving the QB multiple weapons!) The Bears passed on him TWICE, in the 2nd round. Did we really need two DBs? Brisker looks decent, but I can't help but think this team would be better with Brisker and Pickens instead of the ballerina turned corner.

Amari Cooper, MANY thought was done in Dallas but he looked very good last night, still has juice in the tank. Dallas practically gave him away.

Amari Cooper?

The guy who botched the onside kick and cost his team a game?

Or the Amari Cooper that dropped a perfect pass last night and cost his team points?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:39 am 

You don't aquire a WR to be an expert in onside kicks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

George Pickens has injury and character red flags. He has 5 catches for 65 yards in three games this year. That is Equanimious St. Brown level production. You are focused on this guy because of reports of a good training camp. They drafted a guy they really liked in the third round. They may be wrong but who knows at this point. Pickens has 65 more yards than an injured Velus.

I think he really missed out in free agency where a lot of guys signed low cost, one year deals. He could have given Fields more reliable help without screwing up things for next year. I think some players like Kirk signed huge deals early and Poles got spooked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:06 am 

What the games, Pickens has been a beast. He's just not getting the targets because he's behind Claypool and Dionte Johnson who's emerged as a stud too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 47  Next