It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Augie wrote:
I think people were less likely to give Mitch the benefit of the doubt for a number of reasons. The main one being that he could never overcome the fact that the Bears could have drafted Watson or Mahomes. But, Fields looks doubtful to even reach Mitch's modest 2nd year numbers or his number of wins.

People tired of Nagy's act and made fun of his 'Be You' slogan. Yet, Eberflus certainly won't win as many games as Nagy did. And if you read the tea leaves, Colts fans were thrilled that the Bears took Eberflus off their hands.

The expression "Careful what you wish for" seems to be relevant here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Augie wrote:
I think people were less likely to give Mitch the benefit of the doubt for a number of reasons. The main one being that he could never overcome the fact that the Bears could have drafted Watson or Mahomes. But, Fields looks doubtful to even reach Mitch's modest 2nd year numbers or his number of wins.

People tired of Nagy's act and made fun of his 'Be You' slogan. Yet, Eberflus certainly won't win as many games as Nagy did. And if you read the tea leaves, Colts fans were thrilled that the Bears took Eberflus off their hands.

Few were willing to be patient with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky because quarterbacks drafted after him were playing at all pro and HoF levels. There was a racial component in that. Also, other than above average athletic ability, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky didn't have a skill that excited anyone, and he didn't have a great college resume.

Fields has the college resume, and he has a pretty deep ball. He also looks like he's good. The fact that the best quarterback in his class has been average helps him. MANY are willing to give him a little more time.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Yeah, he seems like he's got a very strong work ethic and is very determined to improve. Hopefully he can take a big developmental leap at some point this season.

Big critic of Mitch but he seemed to try hard and take his job seriously. Fields seems to be the same way. Can't help but feel bad for both when the product doesn't meet expectations. Fields still has more time though.

I suppose most pro athletes work "hard", but I don't recall Mitch gathering his receivers to work in the offseason like Fields did. I don't remember stories of him putting in "extra" study time either, though I do recollect that the coaches turned off all the TVs in Halas Hall because they thought Mitch was too fragile to withstand media criticism of him. :lol:

The scary thing is that Fields may have an uncommonly good work ethic but doesn't yet have any results to show for it.

I can be a cynical guy. If you constantly try to convince me you have a particular trait or the kind of person you are, I'm going to assume that you aren't. Based on the treadmill videos and the proclamation that the Packers loss so hurt him that he decided to wake up an hour early, 3 days after the defeat, I am going to assume Fields doesn't work as hard as he wants us to believe. After all, he was at a club Friday night.

Wow, that's Purdue Rick level mean.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Yeah, he seems like he's got a very strong work ethic and is very determined to improve. Hopefully he can take a big developmental leap at some point this season.

Big critic of Mitch but he seemed to try hard and take his job seriously. Fields seems to be the same way. Can't help but feel bad for both when the product doesn't meet expectations. Fields still has more time though.

I suppose most pro athletes work "hard", but I don't recall Mitch gathering his receivers to work in the offseason like Fields did. I don't remember stories of him putting in "extra" study time either, though I do recollect that the coaches turned off all the TVs in Halas Hall because they thought Mitch was too fragile to withstand media criticism of him. :lol:

The scary thing is that Fields may have an uncommonly good work ethic but doesn't yet have any results to show for it.

I can be a cynical guy. If you constantly try to convince me you have a particular trait or the kind of person you are, I'm going to assume that you aren't. Based on the treadmill videos and the proclamation that the Packers loss so hurt him that he decided to wake up an hour early, 3 days after the defeat, I am going to assume Fields doesn't work as hard as he wants us to believe. After all, he was at a club Friday night.

I know BRick is one of the nicest people in this community, so I'll take that as a compliment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I know BRick is one of the nicest people in this community, so I'll take that as a compliment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 am 

Augie wrote:

The Colts are an overrated organization and Reich is likely on his way to having a similar coaching record to Nagy. They luck into the SGOAT and then after a 1 year tank job get the best QB prospect since Manning and slowly ruin him to the point he retires at the age of 29 when quarterbacks are easily playing into their late 30s.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky didn't get the benefit of the doubt because Nagy blamed (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for not being able to run his offense the way he wanted rather than using (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's skills.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:16 pm 

Rodgers did say in rogans interview, he was lucky to be behind farve for 3 years before he got a chance. i found it interesting he didnt say anything about love getting to shadow him. seems to matter zero?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rodgers must've been high AF; he's never had a good word to say about sitting behind Favre previously.

Mahomes credits Alex Smith with helping him adapt to the NFL. Maybe the Bears should've kept (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky around to tutor Fields--or at least make Fields feel better about his own off target throws.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Tall Midget wrote:

On 95% of those he's making the right read after plenty of time in the pocket throwing to an open receiver. Would love to see how many Fields would complete if he had all those clean shots

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
:@:
KDdidit wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

On 95% of those he's making the right read after plenty of time in the pocket throwing to an open receiver. Would love to see how many Fields would complete if he had all those clean shots

The reading appears to be the issue, though. At least after GB. I don't think anyone questions his ability to hit someone when given time and a clean pocket.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
So what QB are they drafting in April?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:

Moses Moreno Jr in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Caller Bob wrote:

HITS is bringing Barry Switzer in to consult and they're going to install the Bone'.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
i’ll never understand the media fawning over this guy like they do. So now he gets credit for saying he played like shit when he plays like shit? That’s the bar? What the fuck do they expect , him to get up there and say I played great?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's a combination of him being black Bears quarterback and MANY believing he was the 2nd coming of Cam Newton. MANY are reluctant to torch a black quarterback and admit how wrong they were.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
It's a combination of him being black Bears quarterback and MANY believing he was the 2nd coming of Cam Newton. MANY are reluctant to torch a black quarterback and admit how wrong they were.

We're Bears' fans. We do not have the luxury of worrying about color, gender, or any other factor. If JDC could throw 2 TD's, no INT's, and for 300 yards per week, we need to take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

We're Bears' fans. We do not have the luxury of worrying about color, gender, or any other factor. If JDC could throw 2 TD's, no INT's, and for 300 yards per week, we need to take it.

I'm talking about media members.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:10 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Sam Hartman from wake forest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Whatever QB they end up drafting, it'll be fun if CJ Stroud is still on the board when the Bears are on the clock. hmmm, didn't we just try the tOSU QB thing? Let someone else take that chance. Lotta over-hyped SEC QB's still on the board. The NC State guy? No, we just had one of those, didn't we? anyone remember where (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky played in college? Does Mitch? Maybe try something out west. Justin Herbert's killing it for San Diego. Mike Penix? The frat bros will buy the jersey but will parents for their kids? Cam Ward, now that's a good QB name.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good thing Fields isnt outspoken about his faith or they might have run him out of the league already

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Good thing Fields isnt outspoken about his faith or they might have run him out of the league already

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Hopefully, Bernstein has Tim Jenkins on again this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Hopefully, Bernstein has Tim Jenkins on again this week.

QB guru.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tebow won a playoff game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
He used the power of Christ to compel Marion Barber to run out of bounds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:59 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

This seems to miss the context that both those other players were with their original team for 3 years before they officially moved on. Now, you could argue they moved on while they were still on the team but that will be just as true for the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

I just saw that this morning and chuckled.

I don't know that we are at that place. But sadly the arrow for Fields is definitely pointing down more and more.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:14 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I just saw that this morning and chuckled.

I don't know that we are at that place. But sadly the arrow for Fields is definitely pointing down more and more.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is statistically the best quarterback in the history of the franchise. He wasn't Jonathan Quinn. Fields hasn't been as productive as Jonathan Quinn was in 2004.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nas wrote:
MANY are reluctant to torch a black quarterback and admit how wrong they were.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 146  Next