It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Lamar Jackson has 13 touchdowns after 3 games. After yesterday, I'm not confident Justin Fields will have 13 touchdowns by December 1st. Maybe he needs to wake up 2 hours earlier.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I just saw that this morning and chuckled.

I don't know that we are at that place. But sadly the arrow for Fields is definitely pointing down more and more.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is statistically the best quarterback in the history of the franchise. He wasn't Jonathan Quinn. Fields hasn't been as productive as Jonathan Quinn was in 2004.

"Statistics lie like your brother-in-law."--Greg Blache

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't know that we are at that place. But sadly the arrow for Fields is definitely pointing down more and more.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is statistically the best quarterback in the history of the franchise. He wasn't Jonathan Quinn. Fields hasn't been as productive as Jonathan Quinn was in 2004.

"Statistics lie like your brother-in-law."--Greg Blache

:lol: Did he toss a few bullets to the reporters after that statement?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Not true, Kramer only tried to kill himself after he was a Bear.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Not true, Kramer only tried to kill himself after he was a Bear.

He failed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Fields looked as bad yesterday as he did at any point last season except, perhaps, the Cleveland game.

He appears to be lost and defeated. Things may get worse before they get better.

I have no faith in Fields' ability to fight through this adversity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:00 am 
100000 CLUB

I was thinking he may have needed to be torn down before he could be built back up. Every time I hear him speak, I think rebuilding is unlikely. He's too much of a brat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Don't look for it to get better next week. Giants DC and former Ravens DC Matrindale has a long history of dismantling young quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:21 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Fields looked as bad yesterday as he did at any point last season except, perhaps, the Cleveland game.

He appears to be lost and defeated. Things may get worse before they get better.

I have no faith in Fields' ability to fight through this adversity.

they were praising him for switching release points on the run. However, he also does it on normal passes which reduces his control. It did look like regression.

Get the hand above the shoulder and get on top of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Don't look for it to get better next week. Giants DC and former Ravens DC Matrindale has a long history of dismantling young quarterbacks.

It's a short week for them. Fields should have a really good game in the next month. I thought it would be on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
he doesn't even look like a QB
I could see if he was just barely missing throws, they're getting tipped, bad luck, etc.
He just sucks. Its sad obv, but reality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Why do we need to keep evaluating Fields to try and find hope that he will be good one day ? Did people keep hanging on and make excuses for Josh Rosen and say he needs more time before we can say he sucks ? Brady Quinn ? Its amazing what kind of room one good quarter against a bad Steeler team buys you.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:40 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's a short week for them. Fields should have a really good game in the next month. I thought it would be on Sunday.

He should have been able to string a bunch of those 8-12 yard throws together against Lovie's Cover Who? defense...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Nas wrote:
Lamar Jackson has 13 touchdowns after 3 games. After yesterday, I'm not confident Justin Fields will have 13 touchdowns by December 1st. Maybe he needs to wake up 2 hours earlier.

Of what year?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He should have been able to string a bunch of those 8-12 yard throws together against Lovie's Cover Who? defense...

Yep, and his two picks were long throws which the cover-2 is designed to stop...go figure...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Fields is at a tremendous advantage how fleet & nimble of foot he is. If he was slow of foot and had to stay in the pocket his numbers would be even worse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Why do we need to keep evaluating Fields to try and find hope that he will be good one day ? Did people keep hanging on and make excuses for Josh Rosen and say he needs more time before we can say he sucks ? Brady Quinn ? Its amazing what kind of room one good quarter against a bad Steeler team buys you.

All we have is hope. We have to hope Fields figures things out until we get another quarterback we can hope breaks the franchise curse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

All but 2 of his attempts were off target by at least 3 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Nas wrote:
I was thinking he may have needed to be torn down before he could be built back up. Every time I hear him speak, I think rebuilding is unlikely. He's too much of a brat.

What do you want to hear from him that might change your opinion of Fields?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:50 am 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

All we have is hope. We have to hope Fields figures things out until we get another quarterback we can hope breaks the franchise curse.

I guess what Im saying is why was it ok to determine that those 2 qbs were not going to be the guy and cut bait after limited starts with bad teams but not Fields ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:51 am 

He had one throw that I said, Yes! there it is, do it again but to your second option and he never did. You can see when his first option is covered, he sees the second option and looks like he wants to throw it, but hesitates and the window and pocket is closed. He needs to gain the confidence to pull the trigger on his reads. If he does that he will be fine. Someone needs to help him find his confidence.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:

What do you want to hear from him that might change your opinion of Fields?

Less entitlement. More self awareness and accountability. Then evidence on the field that he's improving his craft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I guess what Im saying is why was it ok to determine that those 2 qbs were not going to be the guy and cut bait after limited starts with bad teams but not Fields ?

Those guys weren't Bears. It's easier to tease Packers fans about Love and Kizer being overdrafted bums.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The Bears invested two first-round picks in Fields. They need to make sure he isn't the guy before moving on from him. Failing to do so would be irresponsible.

It also benefits their long-term interests to have a top-5 pick next year, so benching him may not be desirable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The Bears invested two first-round picks in Fields. They need to make sure he isn't the guy before moving on from him. Failing to do so would be irresponsible.

It also benefits their long-term interests to have a top-5 pick next year, so benching him may not be desirable.

Idk about the other cases. I think for a first round pick with a clear track record of success in college you have to provide sufficient space to collect as much NFL level data as possible to assess performance. Bad rouge, it seems like you wanted to write fields off after the Cleveland game. That's not enough of a sample size. Personally, I'd put the sample size at around 25 starts or so, which is about 1.5 seasons. That should produce enough data about the QBs performance at the NFL level to determine next steps.

I'll slightly disagree with TM on the impetus behind giving Fields time - I don't think it's the big investment, I see that as a sunk cost anyway. I think you'd give him time even if the investment was just a fourth rounder and all else remained the same (his track record, his potential, etc).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:29 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The previous regime invested two round picks in Fields, not the current regime... If they don't think he's the guy they will move on in a flash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:32 am 

Inability to read a defense and horrible accuracy, those are things that don't really get fixed at this point. You fix those in HS maybe, early college. How do you fix those as a professional? You don't. You flame out of the league.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
. Bad rouge, it seems like you wanted to write fields off after the Cleveland game. That's not enough of a sample size. Personally, I'd put the sample size at around 25 starts or so, which is c).

Because sometimes its so evident you just know. Like in the Quinn, Rosen, Claussen , and hundreds of more cases. Very few people seem to be willing to admit that in this case when he's been abjectly terrible all along but he's getting this huge benefit of the doubt not reserved for others of similar production

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
. Bad rouge, it seems like you wanted to write fields off after the Cleveland game. That's not enough of a sample size. Personally, I'd put the sample size at around 25 starts or so, which is c).

Because sometimes its so evident you just know. Like in the Quinn, Rosen, Claussen , and hundreds of more cases. Very few people seem to be willing to admit that in this case when he's been abjectly terrible all along.

"Knowing" doesn't eliminate hope when you are a fan. My eyes and ears have told me Fields wasn't the guy for a while. I hoped that I was wrong. I still cling to a twig of hope that I'm wrong.

You view other teams bums differently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 146  Next