It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
for about 6 months, bernstein's word of the day, every day, was 'trope'.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
If the increased level of interest in this show on this board is indicative of an increased level of interest from the general audience, it was a brilliant move by Mitch. However, if the show fails, one of these guys is going to have to get fired, right?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Warren Newson wrote:
If the increased level of interest in this show on this board is indicative of an increased level of interest from the general audience, it was a brilliant move by Mitch. However, if the show fails, one of these guys is going to have to get fired, right?

It's a show I can actually listen to (in small snatches). Mully hurts my ears, Haugh offends me as someone who can reflect on the information his senses give him, Parkins is a suburban d-bag.... (I actually like the fat dude who works with Parkins). But this show is somewhat listenable.

I'll tune in when I can, and lately that has been more often, but Leery still has his sycophantic tendencies. It's a shame because up until a few years ago, I liked the guy (apart from his weird blind spots). Now, it's like he is saying what he assumes Bernstein is thinking, and what Bernstein thinks is predictable (it's either someone is racist, someone is so far out of touch they they don't know what they don't know, or Dan has gnostic, insider information--i.e., only Bernstein knows the real reason why __________ happened).

Their baseball talk is not that bad, so I am not actually hate-listening, though I have no idea who their sources are for some of the stuff they say.

Football talk is awful. Leila doesn't help much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:36 am 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
(in small snatches)..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
It's a Leila Wednesday! Let's go!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Tall Midget wrote:

I refuse to listen to this show on Wednesdays.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:33 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

She's kind of like that annoying chick your roommate dated for two weeks, the chick who you didn't really know but who acted like she had been part of the group for years and would come over and sit on your tv stand (facing everyone in the room) and simply repeat what everyone else said (as if that is how banter works), but in a way that was louder and stupider, while you were trying to watch The Simpsons with your buddies before heading out to Gully's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

She's kind of like that annoying chick your roommate dated for two weeks, the chick who you didn't really know but who acted like she had been part of the group for years and would come over and sit on your tv stand (facing everyone in the room) and simply repeat what everyone else said (as if that is how banter works), but in a way that was louder and stupider, while you were trying to watch The Simpsons with your buddies before heading out to Gully's.

Yeah, I married her. Thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah, I married her. Thanks for the reminder.

I didn't say she wasn't cute, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:52 am 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You have that right, although I'm not one of those south siders who goes to bars in strip malls and knows what Gully's is. take a look at what she provides in that "viral" clip of Holmes ripping on the Sox that he is mult posting to every chicago sports site he can find. She sits there and offers nothing for 15 minutes with her only interjection being repeating others thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry sets the tone on social issues for obvious reasons. Larry wants to make it all about TLR the racist. Then that's the path to be followed by all on the show. You do not disagree if Larry wants to make it a social issue. Leila appears to have got the message loud & clear.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
This show is really bad. I may actually listen to Carmen and Jurko.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:34 pm 

Listening a little flipping channels in the car Larry seems to be getting targeted by prank callers often. Today he was hyper sensitive and noticeably upset about Fields' football IQ being questioned. A Score rarity actually having some good in house content created.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I was flipping around at lunch time today, was that Jason Goff I heard, talking NBA? In September? I was only on there for 5 seconds so I could be wrong but it sure sounded like him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've caught a few minutes of the show today, and Bernstein seems unhinged. He's ranting about the danger posed by KYRIE IRVING (of all people) and his conspiracy-driven view of reality. He's also lambasting some nighttime host from the FAN in NY for "trivializing" the immensity of the threat Kyrie poses to American society.

This is truly insane stuff.

The connection between neoliberal hegemony and a mass culture of shaming, a crucial but submerged aspect of American pop culture, often assumes an oppressive presence in Bernstein's monologues.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
I've caught a few minutes of the show today, and Bernstein seems unhinged. He's ranting about the danger posed by KYRIE IRVING (of all people) and his conspiracy-driven view of reality. He's also lambasting some nighttime host from the FAN in NY for "trivializing" the immensity of the threat Kyrie poses to American society.
:shock:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Holmes is now rhapsodizing about the cultural uplift performed by Lupe Fiasco making "black and brown skateboarders feel seen."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:

This is truly insane stuff.

The connection between neoliberal hegemony and a mass culture of shaming, a crucial but submerged aspect of American pop culture, often assumes an oppressive presence in Bernstein's monologues.

Dan Bernstein's view of reality is far more dangerous than anything Kyrie Irving believes

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Holmes is now rhapsodizing about the cultural uplift performed by Lupe Fiasco making "black and brown skateboarders feel seen."

And this followed Holmes blowing Bernstein over "making the Score what it is today," by getting rid of the tribalism that was the early Score, before B&B. Even Dan seemed uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:28 pm 

It's so nice that they are compartmentalized into a time I never hear them. They are so irrelevant I never hear another host reference them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I heard about 5 minutes this morning and Bernsie was talking about the Patriot hegemony.

Even if you do understand that, it still sounds ridiculously pompous and out of touch.

Voice of the Fan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I was in a drive thru today and my satellite radio cut out. So I put on the Score while I was waiting. I heard Larry waxing poetically about how the B&B show changed sports talk radio in Chicago from "tribalism" to "smart radio". What was that all about? I actually tuned to WGN radio so I didn't have to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I was in a drive thru today and my satellite radio cut out. So I put on the Score while I was waiting. I heard Larry waxing poetically about how the B&B show changed sports talk radio in Chicago from "tribalism" to "smart radio". What was that all about? I actually tuned to WGN radio so I didn't have to listen.

That was a PTFB moment for me as well. The second such moment was when Laurence began laughing uproariously at someone covering the hurricane in a batting helmet and the other two joined in and pretended they found it equally as funny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Warren Newson wrote:
Franky T wrote:

That was a PTFB moment for me as well. The second such moment was when Laurence began laughing uproariously at someone covering the hurricane in a batting helmet and the other two joined in and pretended they found it equally as funny.

The only reason WSCR or any other local sports talk radio station exists is because of a form of tribalism known as the local sports fandom.

Surprised that the smartest guy in the room does not realize his paycheck depends on the rather irrational concept that people will actually choose to spend time listening to him yapping for hours and hours because they feel like they are a member of the Bears fan tribe and want to hear other people yack about the tribe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
:shock:

Do you think Kyrie Irving presents a realistic threat to society?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:41 am 

No more a threat than Joe Rogan, whose name is invoked all the time as some kind of mastermind of producing misinformation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:23 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Franky T wrote:

The only reason WSCR or any other local sports talk radio station exists is because of a form of tribalism known as the local sports fandom.

Surprised that the smartest guy in the room does not realize his paycheck depends on the rather irrational concept that people will actually choose to spend time listening to him yapping for hours and hours because they feel like they are a member of the Bears fan tribe and want to hear other people yack about the tribe.

You could actually have a decent conversation about tribalism vis a vis sports radio, but that didn't seem to be the conversation he wanted to have. We all want sports talk radio hosts that, at least seem, to enjoy the same teams that we enjoy. But, I don't think that most of us want a total tribal outlook. I would rather have a sports radio host make and defend an argument that runs counter to the tribal sports wisdom than have a sports radio host just regurgitate that wisdom.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The anti-LaRussa tribe has a big tent. When I'm in that tent, I don't visit the 666 booths. I'm way off in the corner at the Dave Duncan booth, and it's just me and him and his trunk of stats.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Tall Midget wrote:

Dan and Leery talking about the cultural relevance of "Kick Push," man, it really is 2006 Score all over again

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:32 pm 

Larry Holmes, Bernstein, snd Joe O talking about APV Thursday night crew only giving opinions that don't rock the boat of the NFL/APV partnership. Like the Score with the Cubs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 94  Next