It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
WOW, Daaaaaan, I'm non-bineery now.

Non-bineery Leery has some potential.

He’d be free to have uncomfortable interactions with guests of all genders.

Non-Bineery Leery's pronouns are Dan/Bernstein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Seems like what little I've listened to recently the station is pushing more phone calls. Hopefully that means more prank phone calls.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:12 pm 

Listened to some Herron & Peyton filling in for Bernstein & Larry Holmes. What a huge upgrade. 2 guys just intelligently talking sports with no fake laughter, always being offended & shocked, and pontificating. First time in awhile I didn't turn off the Score flipping channels.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to some Herron & Peyton filling in for Bernstein & Larry Holmes. What a huge upgrade. 2 guys just intelligently talking sports with no fake laughter, always being offended & shocked, and pontificating. First time in awhile I didn't turn off the Score flipping channels.

I PTFB. Every now and then, you run into a one boring ass black guy. But two, in the same room? Fucking unheard of. Leave it to the Score to accomplish this feat. What's next? Jiggetts and Lester Holt?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:55 pm 

Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I PTFB. Every now and then, you run into a one boring ass black guy. But two, in the same room? Fucking unheard of. Leave it to the Score to accomplish this feat. What's next? Jiggetts and Lester Holt?

Jarret and Parkins actually sounded pretty good together. Not a fan of Herron and Spiegs is a social misfit. He tries way too hard to be cool and comes off as a putz.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Gumbel to Gumbel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:11 pm 

Herron & Peyton's style of putting sports talk in the spotlight instead of some obnoxious fake power personality if fine with me. One thing that's killed the Score is hosts trying to copy Mike North in some shape or form with an exaggerated personality. A fake power personality on a boring uncharismatic host can make them unlistenable like Larry & Parkins.

Once Les slipped and said Score management wants full-time hosts to be super aggressive talking down to and interrupting callers and always get the last word in. So they want a boring guy to also be loathsome. You can tell the difference with part-time hosts how they're more down to earth and less fake. I believe Les said part-time hosts have more latitude on Cubs talk too. That's why Grote has so much appeal and Hub filling in had more interesting calls and handled guests better and put on a better show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:42 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Once Les slipped and said Score management wants full-time hosts to be super aggressive talking down to and interrupting callers and always get the last word in. So they want a boring guy to also be loathsome.

This describes most CBS Sports Radio, especially the guy whose name I guess is just "JR Sports Brief." Imagine if Danny Parkins were also Joe From Evanston.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I heard Laurence getting upset yesterday about how Eberflus, or "Floosy" as Laurence calls him, was quick to defend the choice he made to punt when it was 4th and 2. Really? An NFL head coach defending a choice he made in a game. That upsets or surprises you? At that point, Laurence was just talking to talk and didn't know what else to say. Amateur sports radio.

Is it odd that Holmes calls Eberflus by a nickname that, to my knowledge, nobody else calls him? Holmes loves Rossy also.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Senor Columnist doesn't think he's a journalist? He thinks he's a doctor, a lawyer, a publicist, a basketball coach, and a black guy. Of course he thinks he's a journalist.

Both Bernstein and Holmes think they are journalists. They break all of the stories in town. People in the know drop them inside information during their shows. Both can break the same story within hours of each other with completely different sources.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
LoHo packing on the pounds lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCq15LaCy88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Soon he won’t fit in the hallway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:02 pm 

Larry Holmes with a lot of competition (currently) has to be the WORST full-time host in the history of the Score.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes with a lot of competition (currently) has to be the WORST full-time host in the history of the Score.

vitoscotti with a lot of competition (currently) has to be the WORST full-time poster in the history of CFMB.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:16 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Is this what the whole show is like now? Leery talks the whole time and then Dan is like "that could be true but also not, and here's someone who's been emailing me for 15 years"?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

vitoscotti with a lot of competition (currently) has to be the WORST full-time poster in the history of CFMB.

I'm in that team photo...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Jaw Breaker wrote:

And Dan is looking more and more like some Jewish grandmother.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:32 am 

Franky T wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

And Dan is looking more and more like some Jewish grandmother.

He reminds me of the cartoon professor from pin floyd's the wall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
On substance, that seems to be a long segment where they do a “well actually, Fields isn’t bad because other people might also suck at their jobs.”

To the actual comment, Leery has that unfortunate combo of fat head/jowls into skinny lower neck. It causes him to look like an overstuffed sausage any time he lowers his chin.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Holmes has exhaustively (and exhaustingly) criticized the White Sox for hiring Tony La Russa, whom he views as being out of touch and too old for the job.

He has recently been advocating for hiring Ron Washington as the next White Sox manager. Washington is 70 years old and hasn't managed since 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Holmes has exhaustively (and exhaustingly) criticized the White Sox for hiring Tony La Russa, whom he views as being out of touch and too old for the job.

He has recently been advocating for hiring Ron Washington as the next White Sox manager. Washington is 70 years old and hasn't managed since 2014.

I've ben told that cocaine is a helluva of a drug.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:00 pm 

Have to give Larry credit for taking his career in sportsradio where it has will no particular talent, and never creating any noteworthy content. He climbed the ladder at the Score over many more possible better potential hosts than him. He's played the race card but played it wisely. Instead of calling people Nazis and throwing haymakers like Goff he went more for the sensitive guy with tears angle. Most listeners avoid his show like the plague but the guy is like a permanent stain.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
his face and head resemble the 90s movie version of the Ninja Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
his face and head resemble the 90s movie version of the Ninja Turtles

That is an excellent comp. They were also creepy as shit with April.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
vitoscotti wrote:
Have to give Larry credit for taking his career in sportsradio where it has will no particular talent, and never creating any noteworthy content. He climbed the ladder at the Score over many more possible better potential hosts than him.

This is a good point. Has anyone done more with less talent than him?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
vitoscotti wrote:
Have to give Larry credit for taking his career in sportsradio where it has will no particular talent, and never creating any noteworthy content. He climbed the ladder at the Score over many more possible better potential hosts than him. He's played the race card but played it wisely. Instead of calling people Nazis and throwing haymakers like Goff he went more for the sensitive guy with tears angle. Most listeners avoid his show like the plague but the guy is like a permanent stain.

What was the incident that made him outraged to the point of feigning to quit? Was it Dan’s Boobgate?

It illustrates your point that while he was fake enraged, he didn’t say “there it is! like Goff would have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:49 pm 

Franky T wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Have to give Larry credit for taking his career in sportsradio where it has will no particular talent, and never creating any noteworthy content. He climbed the ladder at the Score over many more possible better potential hosts than him.

Jurko, Huebner, I might even say Parkins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
Franky T wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Jurko, Huebner, I might even say Parkins

Why lump Jurko in? He doesn't pretend he's anything he's not.

Holmes made a speech the other day about Fields that was carefully crafted and for sure was practiced in the mirror.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:33 am 

With Audacy in financial dire straits the hosts have to be confident no new talent will be brought in or shuffling the deck of clowns. What's the point? When the layoffs come and eventually shutdown there's nothing they can do about it. So they're safe 'til then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
With Audacy in financial dire straits the hosts have to be confident no new talent will be brought in or shuffling the deck of clowns. What's the point? When the layoffs come and eventually shutdown there's nothing they can do about it. So they're safe 'til then.

They report financial results on November 8. In their last release they talked about detailing on layoffs and strategies at the next release, so we should hear something definitive. Their debt ratings were cut to CCC (very bad). Election years are generally good for ad dependent businesses. The pressure will ramp up on them in 2023. My best guess is a prepackaged debt restructuring in the next 18 months. In terms of on air, they are going to have to cut costs, which probably means a move to national programming. But who knows.....it should be fun to watch or should I say listen?

They have over $1.8B in debt and are not generating cash flow right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 94  Next