It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:57 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Augie wrote:
He signed Reiff and Schofield veteran Olinemen. Neither of which could get on field for one of the worst Olines in the NFL. He signed Patrick, the 30th ranked center. Which WRs FA would be his best signing? Probably Pettis, but he's had a ton of drops.

You could throw darts at a FA dart board and not do any worse than Poles did.

The punter was his best draft pick.

Brisker and Gordon are getting better with every game.

Gordon seems to be making steady progress. Brisker seems to be up and down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:23 am 

I don't think its a coincidence that Jackson has not only re emerged as a safety with Brisker's presence, but also become a much more willing tackler. It's not Brisker alone as he had personal problems that he has worked through and Flus is demanding more of him as well.

Brisker seems like the kind of guy who is a catalyst for others getting better. His bad days have really been based on inexperience, like the end arounds the Giants ran.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jackson is also motivated because he knows he can be cut in the offseason. As fans, we overlook how personal struggles impact an athlete's performance.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
good dolphin wrote:
I don't think its a coincidence that Jackson has not only re emerged as a safety with Brisker's presence, but also become a much more willing tackler. It's not Brisker alone as he had personal problems that he has worked through and Flus is demanding more of him as well.

Brisker seems like the kind of guy who is a catalyst for others getting better. His bad days have really been based on inexperience, like the end arounds the Giants ran.

I realize that it is hard to watch your team lose (especially when it appears that some of these games are winnable), but Brisker and others are getting valuable reps and can be contributors in the future for this team. My issue is that it seems the staff is waiting till halftime for the adjustments. With technology now, sit down with the tablet, show them, fix it quicker.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I realize that it is hard to watch your team lose (especially when it appears that some of these games are winnable), but Brisker and others are getting valuable reps and can be contributors in the future for this team. My issue is that it seems the staff is waiting till halftime for the adjustments. With technology now, sit down with the tablet, show them, fix it quicker.

The McCaskeys equip the coaches' facilities with fax machines, not tablets. This was another recommendation from Accorsi.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:30 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't have evidence of it but I think that the halftime adjustments are Eberflus influence. It isn't easy for a head coach to step away and take the time while the action is on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't have evidence of it but I think that the halftime adjustments are Eberflus influence. It isn't easy for a head coach to step away and take the time while the action is on.

Hopefully that influence can spread to the rest of the staff so adjustments can happen quicker.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Wondering which vets get moved, seeing all kinds of rumors, but you would be lucky to get anything more than a third round pick for anyone on the roster.

Quinn and Roquan are playing like average NFL players at best, not sure if you get anything more than cap relief for them, but with the massive needs on both sides of the ball you need to keep stockpiling resources for next year.

There will be a rare chance to completely remake the roster next year.

At this point next year we will either be talking about what a genius Poles is or we will be looking for yet another HC/GM combination.

It seems this is the hellish 3-5 year cycle we have found ourselves in for the past, well for almost the entire George McKaskey tenure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Robby Anderson for a 6th?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:27 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Robby Anderson for a 6th?

No. He's a problematic 30 year old that is making $20M.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 am 

You guys are late - Anderson is a Cardinal now.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:18 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
You guys are late - Anderson is a Cardinal now.

I assumed that's what the Cardinals gave up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:35 am 

Yes, roughly speaking

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree about the adjustments. They did better last Thursday but they need to man up better against the Patriots because once Belichek sees a weakness he will keeps attacking like a grizzly bear.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:43 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Wondering which vets get moved, seeing all kinds of rumors, but you would be lucky to get anything more than a third round pick for anyone on the roster.

Quinn and Roquan are playing like average NFL players at best, not sure if you get anything more than cap relief for them, but with the massive needs on both sides of the ball you need to keep stockpiling resources for next year.

At this point next year we will either be talking about what a genius Poles is or we will be looking for yet another HC/GM combination.

It seems this is the hellish 3-5 year cycle we have found ourselves in for the past, well for almost the entire George McKaskey tenure.

I disagree about Smith. I think he is leading the NFL in tackles. Speaking of tackles, our defensive tackles are bad. They just get moved easily which coupled with the DEs biting on the first move, leaves the lbs and dbs to get hammered.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:40 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree totally with your statements.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:42 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

Come-on. Smith leads the NFL in tackles. He's having a legit pro bowl year. He probably won't get it because of the team's record but the guy is making plays all over the field.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

How many tackles has Roquan made that were less than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage? How many tackles has Roquan made behind the line of scrimmage?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
How many tackles has Roquan made that were less than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage? How many tackles has Roquan made behind the line of scrimmage?

I don't know if the NFL keeps stats like that? Maybe you ought to be looking at who is responsible for making tackles at the line of scrimmage as in the DTs instead of a linebacker having to cover up for a guy who is getting his ass kicked at the line of scrimmage? Is a linebacker leading the league in tackles not a good player to have on your team? It used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Poles is a big chew-with-his-mouth-open guy based on the look we just got on MNF.

That alone merits a pink slip.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Great night for Poles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Great night for Poles.

Nope. Chews with his mouth open.

Oughtta be punishable by death.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Great night for Poles.

Nope. Chews with his mouth open.

Oughtta be punishable by death.

He's a fucking Bear! That's what a Bear does when chewing on a Patriot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:50 pm 

Nice QB strategy, Belechek. Pass up Papa Bear some other time. What a great week to be a Bear's fan. Bucs lose, Lions lose, PACKERS LOSE, and the Bear's kick the dog assed Pats all over New England.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The Hawk wrote:
Nice QB strategy, Belechek. Pass up Papa Bear some other time. What a great week to be a Bear's fan. Bucs lose, Lions lose, PACKERS LOSE, and the Bear's kick the dog assed Pats all over New England.

You know the Bucs are no longer in the NFC Central, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:41 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

You know the Bucs are no longer in the NFC Central, right?

Sure, why do you ask? The Pats aren't either. If the Vikes would have played, they'd have lost also to make it even better :eye:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Another one!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:44 pm 

His coach was so good he had to get him less talent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Let the kids play and use the cap savings next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:58 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Let the kids play and use the cap savings next year.

Is there a better class of free agents next year than there was this year?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 47  Next