It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
blackhawksfan wrote:
You notice when Fields is forced to stay in the pocket the offensive line becomes "bad" again LOL

No. He takes too long to throw. On several plays they gave him 4+ seconds to decide.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
You notice when Fields is forced to stay in the pocket the offensive line becomes "bad" again LOL

No. He takes too long to throw. On several plays they gave him 4+ seconds to decide.

He might be holding the ball because Bears receivers aren't getting open. I don't see Bears receivers getting much separation on pass plays.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

He might be holding the ball because Bears receivers aren't getting open. I don't see Bears receivers getting much separation on pass plays.

No, there is always video or screenshots from the All 22 that show they're usually open. Even on plays he decides to run on. He doesn't trust his eyes yet. Hopefully, it comes. He's playing well without that ability. He'll be a top 5 quarterback if/when he gets it and cleans up some accuracy issues.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IkeSouth wrote:
on that last drive, the threat of the run from him or anyone was gone, so the lions easily stopped him from passing. he has a long way to go before hes a pocket passer.

If you were a white commentator or columnist, that statement will get you in a whole lotta trouble

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

No, there is always video or screenshots from the All 22 that show they're usually open. Even on plays he decides to run on. He doesn't trust his eyes yet. Hopefully, it comes. He's playing well without that ability. He'll be a top 5 quarterback if/when he gets it and cleans up some accuracy issues.

In the games I watch they aren't really getting open. They also have dropped a great number of catchable passes too. He could stand to improve his accuracy but it's not like his being inaccurate has cost them games. He definitely looks like a keeper which is something that was very much up in the air 3-4 weeks ago

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

In the games I watch they aren't really getting open. They also have dropped a great number of catchall passes too. He could stand to improve his accuracy but it's not like his being inaccurate has cost them games. He definitely looks like a keeper which is something that was very much up in the air 3-4 weeks ago

He's eliminated the need to draft or look to acquire a starting quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
badrogue17 wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
on that last drive, the threat of the run from him or anyone was gone, so the lions easily stopped him from passing. he has a long way to go before hes a pocket passer.

If you were a white commentator or columnist, that statement will get you in a whole lotta trouble

You know BRogue, I was kind of with you on the Fields analysis until you injected race into it. It just seems unnecessary at this point. (Note: I know that’s your thing and has been your angle on Fields, but still)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:08 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

You know BRogue, I was kind of with you on the Fields analysis until you injected race into it. It just seems unnecessary at this point. (Note: I know that’s your thing and has been your angle on Fields, but still)

Is what I said not true ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yeah the race thing is random - plenty of things to critique Fields on without using a race framework.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I've seen enough good things over the last few weeks to be confident we don't draft a qb in the first 4 rounds in May. With all that cap room and draft picks I'm excited for this next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
312player wrote:
I've seen enough good things over the last few weeks to be confident we don't draft a qb in the first 4 rounds in May. With all that cap room and draft picks I'm excited for this next season.

This. I think you still draft a QB later that has some value and you think you can develop. Hopefully Fields can make it through this season with no major injuries but if he continues to play this way he is bound to get hurt and is going to probably need to bulk up a bit in the offseason to take the punishment

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: What??
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

This. I think you still draft a QB later that has some value and you think you can develop. Hopefully Fields can make it through this season with no major injuries but if he continues to play this way he is bound to get hurt and is going to probably need to bulk up a bit in the offseason to take the punishment

Josh Allen handles the pounding out of the pocket. Fields can too. As we know, it's a double standard out there when QBs are roaming about these days, so I don't see a problem. IN the pocket might be more dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:41 am 

Nardi wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

Josh Allen handles the pounding out of the pocket. Fields can too. As we know, it's a double standard out there when QBs are roaming about these days, so I don't see a problem. IN the pocket might be more dangerous.

But Josh Allen has proven he can throw the ball in the pocket when he has to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:59 am 

T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

I would like them to always be looking for more QB talent. Maybe take a flier on someone like Adrian Martinez, who has a style like Fields (and all the hype as a yout as well), so a coach can preach the same thing to two guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

The receivers may not have the separation but he's still holding the ball too long. He has to put the ball up so the receivers can make a play. Easier said than done, but if you look at compilations of Josh Allen, it's usually 3 steps back and throw. Even early when Allen was struggling, he still showed that kind of confidence with guys running at him.

I'm not down on Fields at this point, but there's going to come a point in time where he has to settle and focus more on passing. Fields cannot continue to hold on to the ball the way he's been doing.

It took a few weeks but we are finally seeing Fields improve. The Bears defense went from decent to garbage. I think we will say that addressed, but that's where the Bears are right now. Gonna be a rough finish to the season.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:36 am 

I just hope he isn't hearing the national accolades and thinking he did his job, it's the rest of his team's fault. He has a lot he can improve upon, especially accuracy. He needs to be up in the 65% completion range, which would be a pretty big leap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

I would like them to always be looking for more QB talent. Maybe take a flier on someone like Adrian Martinez, who has a style like Fields (and all the hype as a yout as well), so a coach can preach the same thing to two guys.

isn't the standard logic that you should basically draft a QB every year period ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
M&H now talking about Fields possibly getting some MVP votes. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:04 am 

ESPN brought it up as well. If Chicago was 500 I think there'd be a credible case that he should be considered. At 3-7 he shouldn't be considered. As much as some may have reservations about the manner in which he's succeeding there's still no doubt he's the sole reason why the team is putting up around 30 per game for the last 4 games or whatever it's been.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:42 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
ESPN brought it up as well. If Chicago was 500 I think there'd be a credible case that he should be considered. At 3-7 he shouldn't be considered. As much as some may have reservations about the manner in which he's succeeding there's still no doubt he's the sole reason why the team is putting up around 30 per game for the last 4 games or whatever it's been.

Stop it! The Bears have played 10 games. Fields was AWFUL in more than half of them. He's been exciting to watch, but regardless of record, it's absurd to mention Fields in any MVP conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:50 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Stop it! The Bears have played 10 games. Fields was AWFUL in more than half of them. He's been exciting to watch, but regardless of record, it's absurd to mention Fields in any MVP conversation.

That's some serious Kool-Aid there now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:20 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
He could stand to improve his accuracy but it's not like his being inaccurate has cost them games.
The Bears are 1-6 in the last 7 games. We just shouldn't be talking about records.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:54 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

I watched a fair amount of Nebraska football over the last 5 years.

Adrian Martinez can't pass consistently at the college level. No chance in the pros.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:43 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

Adrian Martinez can't pass consistently at the college level. No chance in the pros.

I did as well. Now I'm watching him at KSU and he is like a new man. I honestly didn't even recognize it was him when I first saw him. He was really good as a freshman, both as a passer and runner. He was a top, top recruit coming out of high school, so he has talent. There was something foul about the Nebraska program. It made everyone shittier. They had the talent to be in the upper half of the bad B10 West.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:05 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
312player wrote:

I did as well. Now I'm watching him at KSU and he is like a new man. I honestly didn't even recognize it was him when I first saw him. He was really good as a freshman, both as a passer and runner. He was a top, top recruit coming out of high school, so he has talent. There was something foul about the Nebraska program. It made everyone shittier. They had the talent to be in the upper half of the bad B10 West.

I turned him on briefly two weeks ago and watched him throw a game away late.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
He could stand to improve his accuracy but it's not like his being inaccurate has cost them games.
The Bears are 1-6 in the last 7 games. We just shouldn't be talking about records.

But he’s a totally different guy in these last 4 games. Limited to that window, he’s 1-1 with two no-decisions due to referee interference.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:28 am 

Well, anyway, it doesn't have to be THE adrian martinez, just an adrian martinez.

take a late round flyer on gabriel from Oklahoma (formerly UCF). or how about a real gamer like Mc Call from Coastal Carolina. He may not have pro skills but he really changes that program. Another guy who may not be NFL caliber but who I like is Sam Hartman at Wake. I'm forgetting his name but I also kind of like that QB at Houston.

I really like Skylar Thompson from KSU last year. The dolphins got him either late or as an UDFA and he looked like he could play in the league.

bowl season gives an opportunity to get a look at guys from lesser schools as well.

Fields is here for at least 3 more seasons. If they can find a late round guy that develops into a viable, cheap backup for when he gets his payday, great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Has any team ever been successful with the ‘draft a QB each year’ strategy?

In terms of backups, I’d rather take a flyer low-round pick on a guy like Zappe who lit it up at a mid-tier program that a guy at a name brand school who’s always struggled.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Has any team ever been successful with the ‘draft a QB each year’ strategy?

In terms of backups, I’d rather take a flyer low-round pick on a guy like Zappe who lit it up at a mid-tier program that a guy at a name brand school who’s always struggled.

I believe the Packers had success for a while. The Patriots too. They would develop a guy just enough to trade him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 146  Next