It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elon musk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
80 hours is absurd, Imo you get the most done working 4 tens or 5 tens. Anything over 50 is ridiculous

I saw an interview on 60 Minutes earlier this year with one of the CEO of a wall street business. She reaffirmed the long held opinion that it took 10K hours to master something and she wanted to decrease the years it would take for her new hires to become masters

Malcolm Gladwell created that 10,000 hour figure out of thin air and now it's accepted "fact." What a world.

As part of "maximizing shareholder value" you need to extract as much free labor as you can from salaried employees. So, convincing them they need to work 70 hours a week for the same pay as they would get for working 40 hours a week is just good business.

How many Twitter employees do you think were working 40 hours per week pre Elon ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Abbey Pub
I want to see you run this place like a business

Fire their asses

SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Jon Taffer wrote:
I want to see you run this place like a business

Fire their asses

SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
80 hours is absurd, Imo you get the most done working 4 tens or 5 tens. Anything over 50 is ridiculous

I saw an interview on 60 Minutes earlier this year with one of the CEO of a wall street business. She reaffirmed the long held opinion that it took 10K hours to master something and she wanted to decrease the years it would take for her new hires to become masters

Malcolm Gladwell created that 10,000 hour figure out of thin air and now it's accepted "fact." What a world.

As part of "maximizing shareholder value" you need to extract as much free labor as you can from salaried employees. So, convincing them they need to work 70 hours a week for the same pay as they would get for working 40 hours a week is just good business.

How many Twitter employees do you think were working 40 hours per week pre Elon ?

How many take all day to get there then drop their kid at corporate day care. Of course mid day they take the two hour fitness event/bike ride before cutting out at 6 to get kid home for cookies and milk. They will though look at a few emails while watching LGTBQ-tv though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:29 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
My guess is most of them. Most people at tech companies work a lot of hours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:29 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

lot's of assumptions in those two sentences

I don't know what you mean but it was a generalized statement and not about a specific situation so yes you do have to make some assumptions.

If you can convince an employee to give you 30 extra hours a week for "free" then that is good business.

lots of assumptions in that last sentence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:30 am 

pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

How many take all day to get there then drop their kid at corporate day care. Of course mid day they take the two hour fitness event/bike ride before cutting out at 6 to get kid home for cookies and milk. They will though look at a few emails while watching LGTBQ-tv though.

I mean, I'm not in a position to talk, but neither are you and badrogue about wasting time during normal business hours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am 

good dolphin wrote:
lots of assumptions in that last sentence
Well, this has been informative.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
we need to protect Twitter at all costs
whatever needs to be done
bring the Feds in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Best Poster:

1. Trump

Worst Poster In History of Posting:

1. Elon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Elon “owning the libs” has convinced MANY he magically has infallible business skills. [Goff]They’re the same guys[/Goff] who were making fun Teslas killing people and bursting into flames as well as Hyperloop, but now being openly hostile to his employees, I mean aggressively streamlining the process of whatever management speak they call it, it’s cool because he’s going to “save” Twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Best Poster:

1. Trump

Worst Poster In History of Posting:

1. Elon

very low energy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Twitter is one of those inverted firms where they don't really sell you anything - they just take a look at what you're doing on the site and figured out how to monetize. Sometimes posts here read as if the engineers and employees are actually the ones generating content.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's

PRIVATE BUSINESS! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:33 pm 

that evil employer trying to demand the hours, location and subject matter of work for the company

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Really has to suck these fired "tech" guys arent around to re-suspend those big meanies like < checks notes> Jordan Peterson and The Babylon Bee. Hopefully theyre fully vaxxed and can catch on somewhere else.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:25 pm 

they look like the type of employees who always knew what not to say to squeeze another 6 figure paycheck they couldnt get anywhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I don’t get the celebration of mass layoffs in any industry. People seem to think there’s some type of petard hoisting of the ‘learn-to-code’ crowd, but even then, it feels a little distasteful to want them out of work.

Ignore for a moment the absurd benefits like free lunches on top of large salaries…on a pure human-level, how are these guys supposed to go home tonight and look their wives’ boyfriends in the eye?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie said this morning he started up a backup Instagram persona just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Can’t even cheer for maximizing shareholder value since Elon owns it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t get the celebration of mass layoffs in any industry. People seem to think there’s some type of petard hoisting of the ‘learn-to-code’ crowd, but even then, it feels a little distasteful to want them out of work.

Ignore for a moment the absurd benefits like free lunches on top of large salaries…on a pure human-level, how are these guys supposed to go home tonight and look their wives’ boyfriends in the eye?

Owning the libs trumps being a somewhat decent person.

They'll have about 3 months to figure out their next move. I imagine MANY have already been looking. Being a computer engineer doesn't seem like an industry where finding work will be difficult. I'm sure BRick knows.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Nas wrote:

They'll have about 3 months to figure out their next move. I imagine MANY have already been looking. Being a computer engineer doesn't seem like an industry where finding work will be difficult. I'm sure BRick knows.

Some seem the believe that Musk's hard line benefits the company by weeding out the guys who weren't willing to work hard. The more likely result is that many who chose to stay did so because they were afraid they couldn't find work elsewhere. Those who are highly skilled don't have that concern.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:52 pm 

Nas wrote:

A lot will probably use it to get out of the area. Lots of tech jobs moving out of the area.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Some seem the believe that Musk's hard line benefits the company by weeding out the guys who weren't willing to work hard. The more likely result is that many who chose to stay did so because they were afraid they couldn't find work elsewhere. Those who are highly skilled don't have that concern.

In a highly competitive industry, I can't understand how any employer would want someone who doesn't have viable options.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

how are these guys supposed to go home tonight and look their wives’ boyfriends in the eye?

The same way they always do, from a tiny corner of the bed affectionately known as "Kuck's Corner"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:53 pm 

would be really baller if Musk now gave those who stayed double the amount of the severance as a christmas bonus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:55 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

unless they have a job offer in hand, everyone has self doubt, except for the ignorant or egotists.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

unless they have a job offer in hand, everyone has self doubt, except for the ignorant or egotists.

Would you hire an engineer who didn't have confidence?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:17 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Would you hire an engineer who didn't have confidence?

I've seen some of the videos of those who proudly left, they exude confidence and body odor

but CTA is hiring, so they're covered

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next