It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Seacrest wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I have a recipe we tend to make as it gets cooler outside that calls for Italian sausage. I always preferred the taste of the fully cooked Johnsonville variety over the fresh stuff.

After a few trips to various Jewels & Marianos, it seems Johnsonville stopped making it.

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
I have a recipe we tend to make as it gets cooler outside that calls for Italian sausage. I always preferred the taste of the fully cooked Johnsonville variety over the fresh stuff.

After a few trips to various Jewels & Marianos, it seems Johnsonville stopped making it.

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Yes

Bought it there two months ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Yeah, but Target used to have it too but now it doesn't. I guess the CFMB demand for fully cooked sausage just wasn't enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Not there today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:32 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Not there today.

We stopped in to check and noticed the same. I’m going to have to raise this straight to Johnsonville.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Not there today.

We stopped in to check and noticed the same. I’m going to have to raise this straight to Johnsonville.

I don't think we have this problem in Wisconsin. Maybe this will help..... https://www.johnsonville.com/products/locator.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Not there today.

I don't think we have this problem in Wisconsin. Maybe this will help..... https://www.johnsonville.com/products/locator.html

Too much sausage talk!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:34 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Aldi's had it recently

On Willow?!

Not there today.

And unfortunately the product itself isn’t even on the sausage website any more. Never a good sign…

I’m going to start a letter writing campaign.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:37 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Not there today.

And unfortunately the product itself isn’t even on the sausage website any more. Never a good sign…

I’m going to start a letter writing campaign.

I briefly thought about that when LaChoy stopped making their mini egg rolls. Yeah I know, I know but it was a tradition of sorts for a young me. Clean up my dad's office, get paid, grab mini egg rolls, Swiss Creme pop and watch This Week in Baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
One of the regulars who goes to the bar I hang out at died today. I wouldn't necessarily call him a friend, but we always had pleasant conversations when we ended up sitting next to each other at the bar. He was a Chicago guy. RIP Ray.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:57 pm 

Dude one of my coworkers died last year. We only hung out a couple times so it's not like we were major friends but he did give me cocaine. He was a great man.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
its fall and my favorite thing to do in the fall is head down to the river and fish. there usually isn't a ton of people that fish in the fall but there are always a handful of the same old guys down there. I've been doign this since I was a teenager so i've known many of them for a long time. a few days ago i was down there and saw one of them finally for the first time in a long time and asked about the others, like half of them died from covid and the other half are like in homes or just cant' get out anymore. kind of sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
so for 2 years we've been taking a foster kiddo to the U of IL for cochlear stuff. so much so that our caseworker demanded we write down mileage so we can be reimbursed. So we've done that. and I've never received a dime. I asked about it at the beginning of this eyar and our caseworker looked into it.

the lady who does that resigned but they are realizing basically had quit a long time ago in spirit. 2 years of our mileage had not been filed. but she said don't worry its no big deal i'll file something wiht the state and they'll take care of it. but its different because technically these payments should of been made on other budget years.

We received about 4 letters from the Court of Clerks asking for various items and giving us all sorts of ridiculous information. none of them checks. 3 months ago we received a letter that we were approved to receive this payment (of almost $3000 bucks).

about a month ago we received a letter. i was like oh nice, here is the check. nope. a letter with a copy of the judgement attached stating that this was sent to the comptrollers office to be paid.

today, a letter in the mailbox. from the comptrollers office.....letting us know that they had received the request and it will be paid at some date.

kind of ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
hnd wrote:
so for 2 years we've been taking a foster kiddo to the U of IL for cochlear stuff. so much so that our caseworker demanded we write down mileage so we can be reimbursed. So we've done that. and I've never received a dime. I asked about it at the beginning of this eyar and our caseworker looked into it.

the lady who does that resigned but they are realizing basically had quit a long time ago in spirit. 2 years of our mileage had not been filed. but she said don't worry its no big deal i'll file something wiht the state and they'll take care of it. but its different because technically these payments should of been made on other budget years.

We received about 4 letters from the Court of Clerks asking for various items and giving us all sorts of ridiculous information. none of them checks. 3 months ago we received a letter that we were approved to receive this payment (of almost $3000 bucks).

about a month ago we received a letter. i was like oh nice, here is the check. nope. a letter with a copy of the judgement attached stating that this was sent to the comptrollers office to be paid.

today, a letter in the mailbox. from the comptrollers office.....letting us know that they had received the request and it will be paid at some date.

kind of ridiculous.

Just wait until next month when you get a preprinted Thank You letter from the "Office of JB Pritzker" thanking you for allowing your mileage to go to his food budget.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Woke up to a house that is 60 degrees. Not a complete emergency. Figured I'd call the service guy from the office. Drove to work and realized that I had brought my computer home last Wednesday afternoon. Fortunately don't live that far but now just working at home and will wait for the service guy to come. Mondays after a long holiday can be a challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:58 am 

I went to Goodman's, A Christmas Carol yesterday.

someone's interpretation of the classic included Fezziwig being a woman and married to a woman.

So edgy, douches.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
good dolphin wrote:

someone's interpretation of the classic included Fezziwig being a woman and married to a woman.

So edgy, douches.

Race alone is a minefield of a topic, and I think that is what started the PC craze in the 80s.

But when they start having women (as women) play male characters--even in theater--things are a little fucked up. There's some play now where a pregnant woman is playing Thomas Jefferson. I understand that they are making a point when it's an all-cast replacement, but when it's just a character or two, it seems like it's asking the audience to also play a role or to ignore something that is hard to ignore. I saw Amadeus with a Black Salieri and he was great. But the rest of the cast was passably European-looking, so it really wasn't distracting, even though Salieri is the main character. Gender seems different, though.

Maybe the real issue is that we are tacitly asked to suppress the urge to say, "Wait, what the hell . . ." We should leave that story back in the twentieth century where it belongs.

I think the solution is to write your own play or update an old classic to a new time and place. Or just stage your all-dyke production of North Dallas Forty. But don't do something so odd that it takes away from the story and is not much more than a cheap stunt. If you can't suspend your disbelief--and complain about it--then it's not art; it's indoctrination.

At the very least, have some fun with it and have a disturbing crossover, like if The Dukes of Hazzard crash-landed on the set of one of those Viking shows. Or maybe the Cosby Mysteries gets crosses over with that show my wife watches about the Danes. That chick is so damn cute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:16 am 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So edgy, douches.

Race alone is a minefield of a topic, and I think that is what started the PC craze in the 80s.

But when they start having women (as women) play male characters--even in theater--things are a little fucked up. There's some play now where a pregnant woman is playing Thomas Jefferson. I understand that they are making a point when it's an all-cast replacement, but when it's just a character or two, it seems like it's asking the audience to also play a role or to ignore something that is hard to ignore. I saw Amadeus with a Black Salieri and he was great. But the rest of the cast was passably European-looking, so it really wasn't distracting, even though Salieri is the main character. Gender seems different, though.

Maybe the real issue is that we are tacitly asked to suppress the urge to say, "Wait, what the hell . . ." We should leave that story back in the twentieth century where it belongs.

I think the solution is to write your own play or update an old classic to a new time and place. Or just stage your all-dyke production of North Dallas Forty. But don't do something so odd that it takes away from the story and is not much more than a cheap stunt. If you can't suspend your disbelief--and complain about it--then it's not art; it's indoctrination.

At the very least, have some fun with it and have a disturbing crossover, like if The Dukes of Hazzard crash-landed on the set of one of those Viking shows. Or maybe the Cosby Mysteries gets crosses over with that show my wife watches about the Danes. That chick is so damn cute.

I feel that, when altering the author, you do so with a point, otherwise it is masturbatory. A Mrs. Fezziwig in place of Mr. presumably would have a slightly different perspective or manner. So if you are going to create such a character on your own, you damn well better provide me an altered character. Would a Mrs. Fezziwig hire only young men like Ebenezer as her assistants? Would she be more watchful of their machinations? Would her Christmas party look different?

OK madame director, you wanted to be bold, but all you chose was superficiality, like putting stormtroopers in off white armor rather than white.

I can appreciate when people stage something like Shakespeare in some anachronistic time, place, or dress and then interpret the story through that lens. This director fell far short, actually taking a safe route when she thought she was being outrageous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I used to go to the Goodman staging of A Christmas Carol every year.

The production was always good, but it never matched the quality of the 1951 film adaptation starring Alastair Sim.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

The production was always good, but it never matched the quality of the 1951 film adaptation starring Alastair Sim.

I go out of tradition, despite the protestations of my boys. They will understand some day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:43 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I go out of tradition, despite the protestations of my boys. They will understand some day.

I would still be going to this day if I lived in the area.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Heard a "news story" the other day on WBBM about the alleged theft of a Salvation Army red donation kettle. The reporter said the lock had been broken off and the bandit made off with about $400 in donations.

How would anyone (other than the thief) know how much was in the kettle? It struck me as fake news, maybe put out by the Salvation Army itself in an attempt to gain sympathy and more donations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Heard a "news story" the other day on WBBM about the alleged theft of a Salvation Army red donation kettle. The reporter said the lock had been broken off and the bandit made off with about $400 in donations.

How would anyone (other than the thief) know how much was in the kettle? It struck me as fake news, maybe put out by the Salvation Army itself in an attempt to gain sympathy and more donations.

Maybe they know how much a kettle averages at each location. That would certainly help them to decide where to set up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Because it is fake news. Arbitrary guessing was unnecessary.

And bad reporting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:52 am 
1000 CLUB

My wife hasn't been feeling well lately and had to be rushed to the hospital last night. Our lives have changed forever.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:53 am 

Sorry TM.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Tall Midget wrote:
My wife hasn't been feeling well lately and had to be rushed to the hospital last night. Our lives have changed forever.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
That sounds ominous TM. Wishing you both the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:16 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

:( Sorry man. Hope things get better!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Very sorry to hear that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 190  Next