It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

It will be interesting to see if/how the narrative changes if the White Sox are not able to turn this around. In spring training, the optimism of having a new manager who brought analytics, fundaments and a sense of urgency were often talked about on the Score as reasons for White Sox optimism. Some of these comments were a not so subtle shot at LaRussa.

With this team at 7-15 and probably heading for more losses and potentially burying themselves if not for a bad division, is there any chance that this show will question the players themselves? Maybe take a step back and rethink if LaRussa was the main reason for the underperformance?

Again, I think he was a bad manager. I just happen to think the players are the main issue here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
vitoscotti wrote:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BD wrote:
It will be interesting to see if/how the narrative changes if the White Sox are not able to turn this around. In spring training, the optimism of having a new manager who brought analytics, fundaments and a sense of urgency were often talked about on the Score as reasons for White Sox optimism. Some of these comments were a not so subtle shot at LaRussa.

With this team at 7-15 and probably heading for more losses and potentially burying themselves if not for a bad division, is there any chance that this show will question the players themselves? Maybe take a step back and rethink if LaRussa was the main reason for the underperformance?

Again, I think he was a bad manager. I just happen to think the players are the main issue here.

Of course it the players.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
BD wrote:

Of course it the players.

That would be a normal conclusion except if the manager has differening political views.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:12 pm 

Bernstein badmouthing the "military fetish weirdos" that apparently are ushered out at the end of the NFL draft. He hates the military. But, where would the Bernstein tribes path to fortunes be without a strong Israeli "eye for an eye" military defending Israel's sliver of land surrounded by bitter enemies. Does he only hate the US military but not Israel's military? There have had to be many Bernsteins in Israel's military.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:46 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein badmouthing the "military fetish weirdos" that apparently are ushered out at the end of the NFL draft. He hates the military. But, where would the Bernstein tribes path to fortunes be without a strong Israeli "eye for an eye" military defending Israel's sliver of land surrounded by bitter enemies. Does he only hate the US military but not Israel's military? There have had to be many Bernsteins in Israel's military.

What?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He’s done this before and mentioned it within this set of comments yesterday. He hates the military fetish stuff the NFL does because it’s apparently paid for by the military. So ipso facto if you like the giant flag at a game, a flyover or injured vet announcing a draft pick you are a loser not patriotic.

Somehow his ilk believe you are only a patriot being a senator blasting W about Iraq from the podium?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

I was among the people who thought it was a horrible move from its inception.

But how dare that son of a bitch say "mediocre white people" as if:

1. Tony isn't mixed heritage
2. Sox fanbase that supported the move isn't mixed racially
3. the hiring group isn't mixed racially.
4. the big proponent of the move is an exceptional (((white))) person. Considering Larussa is almost universally reported as a unilateral move by one person, you would think Dan would call that one person out by name rather than castigate the common man. Then again, if you follow Dan you would not think it.

Seriously, how dare that rat bastard.

Remember that, Score fans, the next time he gives one of his tearful "we couldn't do it without you" speeches to the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:35 am 

and that fucker will be a person who decries widening income disparities and the shrinking of the middle class on Twitter when, at the same time, he takes every single chance he gets to deride that group on the air

then that mfer will breathe the words "mediocre white man" as he gets his high school aged son an unearned, paid job in media based on nothing but his father's connections, after previously telling long time, loyal, minority subordinates not to expect his help in forwarding their careers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
and that fucker will be a person who decries widening income disparities and the shrinking of the middle class on Twitter when, at the same time, he takes every single chance he gets to deride that group on the air

then that mfer will breathe the words "mediocre white man" as he gets his high school aged son an unearned, paid job in media based on nothing but his father's connections

Great dad today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

The common theme, including my comments, is that it sucks that the show wants us to know where they are on political/social issues almost every day and in multiple segments. To me, it really does show that the hosts are very self-important and think people want to hear their takes. The thing is, we already know both hosts on this show take the most far left take on any political/social issue.

This show is hosted by two very unlikeable people who want to push their political/social thoughts, but also constant reminders of how they are both serious journalists with unlimited sources. The show is way too scripted, and it seems to be important that they have the exact same opinions on 95% of their thoughts.

If they just talked sports without dropping in the above, at least then it would just be bad takes by Lawrence, maybe Lawrence laughing at everything, Dan speculating about things that aren't happening, etc..but, at least, listenable and not wanting to be drawn into their bad takes on pretty much everything outside of sports.

Probably won't happen, and I still enjoy some of their guests or pure sports topics, but they seem more interested in pushing the other things that make them pretty much unlistenable...on a sports station. Too badf

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Turned on the show this week. Just within the same show two shots taken at Florida and the governor. Best part is they think they are so funny with how clever they think they are. Meanwhile, they live in Illinois while everyone is moving to Florida, North Carolina and Texas. Irony.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 2:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

On today's show, Lawrence says there is no difference between Trump flags and Confederate flags.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
BD wrote:
On today's show, Lawrence says there is no difference between Trump flags and Confederate flags.

Stripes?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BD wrote:

Stripes?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:37 pm 

let's be serious, the confederate flag is aesthetically well done

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
let's be serious, the confederate flag is aesthetically well done

If you watched Dukes of Hazzard you’re conflicted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 am 

Ironic one of Bernstein's favorite things to mock people about was if they had a puffy face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bernstein and Holmes spent a few minutes earlier today expressing their surprise at the strong ratings garnered by the NBA finals.

A Flummoxed Bernstein speculated that the ratings might be a product of the "NBA just being so big now."

A Befuddled Holmes argued that the Finals garnered a lot of viewers in Chicago because of Jimmy Butler.

Is it possible that they don't understand what a compelling spectacle Jokic provides, especially within the framework of Denver's offensive system?

Or do they think it would be racist to give a white guy credit for driving interest in the Finals?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Interesting to watch the ESPN national ESPN SJW types twist as Jokic has the audacity to say the NBA is just a job and he wants to spend time with his family.

Still don't get the hoodie under a sportscoat thing, it would seem you would be roasting wearing that combo under TV lights.

Do not listen to the show, but seem to remember that both of the hosts treat the NBA with an almost evangelical level of admiration and having a guy who comes from a war torn country put basketball into a proper perspective must be quite a challenge to their world views.

Also interesting to watch people point out that the fact that several of the recent MVP's were not born in the US and did not grow up with the endless collection of AAU basketball fluff boys pumping them up and therefore are much more team oriented.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Still don't get the hoodie under a sportscoat thing, it would seem you would be roasting wearing that combo under TV lights.

It’s a very distracting look and suggests these guys have a separate set of clothing tailored to accommodate hoodies underneath jackets.

If you want to wear hoodies and gym shoes, wear hoodies and gym shoes. Throwing a jacket and suit pants on doesn’t take away from the fact you’re wearing hoodies and gym shoes.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

It’s a dumb look. I don’t know who made it a thing. Dumb for everybody but especially if you’re over 30. I caught Goff trying it on bulls post and h looked like an idiot. Especially sitting next to Kendall gill who was wearing a classic 5 thousand dollar suit.

Are you saying the espn talking heads are doing this now?

Who the hell did make this a thing? Somebody had to start it. Find out and report back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
it's important to remember that Dylan Cease's twitter follows are troubling.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
it's important to remember that Dylan Cease's twitter follows are troubling.

They fascination with the players personal thoughts gives them stuff to filibuster on when they do not have any actual thoughts on the team, makes for excruciatingly boring radio.

When I was a kid I had no idea about the political beliefs of the Cubs players, just knew they were all bad at baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:19 pm 

Larry talking about having grits in a restaurant recently. Of course... Bernstein is a grits connoisseur. I could picture Bernstein at the dinner table ringing a hand bell for the maid and demanding "more grits with the oysters Rockefeller".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
He lived in the south for four years. Not surprising he has thoughts on grits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
LoHo and Dan interviewing the Sox writer from the Athletic who lost his job...and the entire interview is about him losing his job and what happened at the Athletic. This guy (James Feegan?) sounds super depressed and clearly isn't ready to talk publicly about it. LoHo continued to say things to this guy and LoHo tied to position himself as being sympathetic and kind but came off patronizing.

LoHo also said to this guy who is super depressed that "our show here, we do pretty well."

After he hangs up with the guy, he then mentions House of L is in the black.''

Oh and then he blamed the audience for basically causing this guy to lose his job because not enough of the audience subscribed to The Athletic.

And then blasted us for not subscribing to Jason Goff's podcast.

This was the cringiest, most awkward segment I've heard in some time...well since Shane was his usual asshole self.

I can't with this fucking guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:40 pm 

Great show today

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

After he hangs up with the guy, he then mentions House of L is in the black.''

To which Bernstein responded, "well, you have pretty low overhead." :lol:

Bernstein also seemed to be indifferent to Lawrence's dissertation on Juneteenth, telling LoHo "we already have a holiday for the end of slavery. It's called Passover."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 94  Next