It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
There has to be a lot of jealousy for (nature being unkind) motivation Bernstein & Larry 2 hideously butt ugly guys ripping on Jim Palmer with his resume towering over the 2 losers..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:12 pm 

B & L interviewing seemingly on suicide watch James Fegan was one for the books. Guy is really soft. Larry's post interview rant calling listeners cheap was classic. I like when pay sports media crumbles. Bernstein has really been badmouthing Sox fans as stupid for some time now. 3 unlikeable people making fools out of themselves for some actual rare good Score content.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

After he hangs up with the guy, he then mentions House of L is in the black.''

To which Bernstein responded, "well, you have pretty low overhead." :lol:

Bernstein also seemed to be indifferent to Lawrence's dissertation on Juneteenth, telling LoHo "we already have a holiday for the end of slavery. It's called Passover."

Great recall. The Athletic segment was funny because Dan was all in at the beginning. At some point, Dan has the emotional intelligence to realize this segment is going well, this guy wasn't ready for it and its not great radio for their program. He slowly drifted away from the convo and became less engaged except when he mentioned the obvious that the reason the guy lost his job had nothing to do with him, it had everything to do with the lack of White Sox readership on the Athletic and the fact the Athletic was built like a failing tech company that got bought. Books got balanced then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
LoHo and Dan interviewing the Sox writer from the Athletic who lost his job...and the entire interview is about him losing his job and what happened at the Athletic. This guy (James Feegan?) sounds super depressed and clearly isn't ready to talk publicly about it. LoHo continued to say things to this guy and LoHo tied to position himself as being sympathetic and kind but came off patronizing.

LoHo also said to this guy who is super depressed that "our show here, we do pretty well."

Oh and then he blamed the audience for basically causing this guy to lose his job because not enough of the audience subscribed to The Athletic.

And then blasted us for not subscribing to Jason Goff's podcast.

This was the cringiest, most awkward segment I've heard in some time...well since Shane was his usual asshole self.

Very well-put. Larry has always been cringe to me. The queen of humblebrag.
I can't with this fucking guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
LoHo and Dan interviewing the Sox writer from the Athletic who lost his job...and the entire interview is about him losing his job and what happened at the Athletic. This guy (James Feegan?) sounds super depressed and clearly isn't ready to talk publicly about it. LoHo continued to say things to this guy and LoHo tied to position himself as being sympathetic and kind but came off patronizing.

LoHo also said to this guy who is super depressed that "our show here, we do pretty well."

Oh and then he blamed the audience for basically causing this guy to lose his job because not enough of the audience subscribed to The Athletic.

This was the cringiest, most awkward segment I've heard in some time...well since Shane was his usual asshole self.

Where does it stop? Listen, $4.99 or what ever the subscriptions costs, isn't earth shattering. But, $4.99 here and $4.99 there, starts to add up. I bought spotify for the music and podcasts, then some of the podcasts wanted you to subscribe on their webpage. Like, I'm not interested in all the up charges. To be honest, I don't need to read articles about the White Sox when there is twitter and message boards. When teams do well, I will follow the writers on twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Cashman wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Where does it stop? Listen, $4.99 or what ever the subscriptions costs, isn't earth shattering. But, $4.99 here and $4.99 there, starts to add up. I bought spotify for the music and podcasts, then some of the podcasts wanted you to subscribe on their webpage. Like, I'm not interested in all the up charges. To be honest, I don't need to read articles about the White Sox when there is twitter and message boards. When teams do well, I will follow the writers on twitter.

You can listen to many of the writers on the Athletic appear on the Score regularly also. There isn't that much happening day to day that you can't piece together with all of the message boards, radio shows, podcasts and other free stories. I paid for the Athletic for a year or two and barely checked in. My subscription won't be renewed after it expires in a few weeks. There's just too many other places to get the same information without paying for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:14 am 

Dan will always cheer for the corporation, even more so when it is a binary of supporting either the individual or the corporation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Heater of a discussion on the evils of not trusting Journalists*

Again…it’s the same exact convo they had yesterday but this time with a guy who’s not obviously depressed. Dan is more engaged and is full on concern trolling over the rise of facism due to layoffs at the Athletic or something.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Didn't realize they are charging only $1 per month:

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/summe ... MeEALw_wcB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Heater of a discussion on the evils of not trusting Journalists*

Again…it’s the same exact convo they had yesterday but this time with a guy who’s not obviously depressed. Dan is more engaged and is full on concern trolling over the rise of facism due to layoffs at the Athletic or something.

"Are they coming for us next?"
"I don't know, son. I don't know. But for the low, low price of $1 a month for the first six months before I'll be billed the standard $16.95, I might find out."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Too rich for my blood.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:14 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Billed as $1/month for 12 months.
$7.99/month thereafter. Cancel anytime.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Billed as $1/month for 12 months.
$7.99/month thereafter. Cancel anytime.

It's not that expensive. I don't think that's the issue. People are happy getting content for free through podcasts, free articles, message boards and talk radio.

Most of these writers aren't exactly telling us things we don't know despite the praise Dan and Laurence and many readers aren't interested in them mixing in their political believes (think Mark Lazerus) into their stories/twitter timelines.

Also, heard their show after the Fegan interview. Also doesn't seem like a winning model to attack your listeners for not "liking" or writing reviews of their podcasts. If your model needs to be sustained by random listeners writing reviews, that probably will die faster than a pay model.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:59 am 

I don't like getting nickeled and dimed, and I'm really sure I don't like having to keep track of all of assorted nickel and diming. And I'm absolutely sure I don't want to keep track of when all the nickel and diming goes to $14.99, $29.99. and $59.99.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:26 pm 

I wouldn't take an Athletic subscription now if they payed me. Funny part of the B & L /James Fegan suicide watch interview was JF crying he was locked out of his Athletic online account. Then on-air asking if he could use Bernstein`s UN/password. Interview could be "best of" material on future anniversary show's showcasing this cesspool current Score era.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The running theme in the interviews on Mon/Tues was that the Athletic’s ownership - who they kept referring to as PE firms, despite the fact the NYT very publicly bought it last year - is somehow in the wrong for wanting it to be a profitable enterprise.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just on Friday's show, we had Dan Bernstein calling people bigots because the NHL is not having players wear pride badges on their warmups, Lawrence Holmes softly (but 3 times) correcting his producer on using the correct pronouns (not he/she, they) when talking about a Marvel movies. He spent a good 10 minutes outraged with Laurence softly repeating everything Dan said.

Then we had the Tim Anderson conversation where Tim's lack of relationship's in the White Sox organization was the reason for his troubles, and they barley touched on the guy's issues. Maybe the most pathetic conversation I've heard from those two and that's saying a lot.

Woke Score MSNBC style continues to deliver daily.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:21 am 

Bernstein was on George Ofman's podcast Tell Me a Story I Don’t Know. Thought I'd bite the bullet to get some old Score stories. Oddly, not one old Score story like there was an agreement with Ofman not to discuss anything involving old Bernstein's non-pc past just how he was hired and his sports celebrity impressions done on-air. Interview was no old or new Larry Holmes clone Bernstein but a new third rendition watered down Bernstein.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein was on George Ofman's podcast Tell Me a Story I Don’t Know. Thought I'd bite the bullet to get some old Score stories. Oddly, not one old Score story like there was an agreement with Ofman not to discuss anything involving old Bernstein's non-pc past just how he was hired and his sports celebrity impressions done on-air. Interview was no old or new Larry Holmes clone Bernstein but a new third rendition watered down Bernstein.

He would light up a journalist accepting pre-approved questions or topics to avoid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:51 am 

Larry with Shots Fired! at Mac. Claims he just made people make aggregate info pages for the show and never looked at them. Very bitter. Long time resentment will eat him alive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:05 am 

I am out. After many days away on vacation without radio I will no longer be able to do Larry and Dan. After M&H I have switched to WMVP. They made me do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:13 am 

Great show today

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Yup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:08 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I am out. After many days away on vacation without radio I will no longer be able to do Larry and Dan. After M&H I have switched to WMVP. They made me do it.

The whole "if you aren't down with grifters and groomers, you're a bigot" thing was a bit of a red line for me too. This isn't rocket surgery. Keep the groomers off the internet and out of schools, keep biological males out of females' sports, and stop drugging up and castrating children and calling it Gender Affirmation Care. Other than that, Pride it up all you want. But until these common sense gun laws...err, I mean children sex education and protection laws get established, fuck ya very much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
Just on Friday's show, we had Dan Bernstein calling people bigots because the NHL is not having players wear pride badges on their warmups, Lawrence Holmes softly (but 3 times) correcting his producer on using the correct pronouns (not he/she, they) when talking about a Marvel movies. He spent a good 10 minutes outraged with Laurence softly repeating everything Dan said.

Then we had the Tim Anderson conversation where Tim's lack of relationship's in the White Sox organization was the reason for his troubles, and they barley touched on the guy's issues. Maybe the most pathetic conversation I've heard from those two and that's saying a lot.

Woke Score MSNBC style continues to deliver daily.

Finding the media in England to be quite entertaining, they will have the trans peeps on, they call it platforming across the pond, and attempt to have a civil discussion by asking simple questions or making points that expose the absurdity of the trans group think positions.

Piers Morgan shut one of them down by simply claiming he identified as "the sexiest man in the world" and wondered why they would not use his title of choice during the discussion, the trans person was stunned into silence when they realized he had just exposed the absurdity of the trans pronoun argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The whole "if you aren't down with grifters and groomers, you're a bigot" thing was a bit of a red line for me too. This isn't rocket surgery. Keep the groomers off the internet and out of schools, keep biological males out of females' sports, and stop drugging up and castrating children and calling it Gender Affirmation Care. Other than that, Pride it up all you want. But until these common sense gun laws...err, I mean children sex education and protection laws get established, fuck ya very much.

It does seem the trans group may have inadvertently jumped the shark with the chants of, "we're coming for your kids", which seems to expose the entire concept as a Catholic Priest level grooming operation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:30 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein was on George Ofman's podcast Tell Me a Story I Don’t Know.

Even his podcast title mangles a common phrase.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
https://www.youtube.com/live/f4cKmev9yCg?feature=share&t=29459

what

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Guarantee this podcast has 2 dozen listeners tops.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Guarantee this podcast has 2 dozen listeners tops.

who will be buried on Thursday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 94  Next