It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
badrogue17 wrote:

I guess it is wrong to jerk-offs like Arkush if someone gets excited about a talented young athlete like Fields? to me, Arkush should have just reported what Fields did and said what he did well. Just shut up about people happy about what they see in Fields? Cowherd is the same kind of jag-off.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Why anyone would care what Hub or the other dude tweeted is beyond me, they know less than nothing about football, but that's not why I called.

Titans first string O line manhandled the Bears first string D line, the DE's are a glaring weakness, but the DT's got washed down and pushed around as well, they need to find someone that can set the edge or teams will continue to hammer them with outside runs.

The secondary looks promising, way more depth and quality there, a few guys that started last year may not even make the team.

Encouraging to see Fields get the ball out quickly and accurately, liked the early easy pass to the FB to get him in rhythm, would hit the TE or RB on the first play of every game this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
Most importantly how is Claypool getting along with his teammates? I heard that was pretty concerning somewhere.

I dunno, but I'm pretty confident your ass and face are getting along pretty well since they're occupying the same space.

LOL don’t get all worked up at me, you are the one who posted that it was concerning. I’m backing you up, I think it’s really important the players are all good friends.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:55 pm 

I checked out early in the first half after Fields was finished.

Read some things on twitter about the 3rd string QB Bagent making a couple nice throws. Anyone get a look and opinion on him?

Any other nobodies that impressed?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Clawmaster wrote:
Titans first string O line manhandled the Bears first string D line, the DE's are a glaring weakness, but the DT's got washed down and pushed around as well, they need to find someone that can set the edge or teams will continue to hammer them with outside runs.

Quite true

Clawmaster wrote:
The secondary looks promising, way more depth and quality there, a few guys that started last year may not even make the team.

Also true, Stevenson could be a starter at Corner...I want to see more of Scott at receiver and less of Velus Jones fumbling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:29 am 

For this site and twitter:

Justin Fields Fan Club:

Good Preseason Game: He has turned a corner!

Bad Preseason Game: Its just preseason. It doesn't count.

Justin Field's is a bust crowd:

Good Preseason Game: Its just preseason. It doesn't count.

Bad Preseason Game: See!!! I told you he sucks!

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I finally got a chance to watch the Bears highlights. 2 screen passes against a Titans defense that apparently only had 1 starter playing. Hard to make any assessment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I can't remember a more intelligent highly respected promising Bears QB most Bears fans are rooting for than Justin Fields. The odds are against any young QB being an elite one. I and I'm sure Hub hope he beats the enormous odds and is a great QB eventually. Bringing up his faults, interesting poor metrics or critiquing his performance is part of being an NFL QB. Vile & repulsive Shane playing the race card is just more Score trash pounding another nail in the stations coffin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hub and every other Bears fan want Fields to be great. While we all want him to continue to improve, we have eyes and can see his limitations. That said, there was no reason to nitpick his performance yesterday.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:50 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I checked out early in the first half after Fields was finished.

Read some things on twitter about the 3rd string QB Bagent making a couple nice throws. Anyone get a look and opinion on him?

Any other nobodies that impressed?

Bagent looks to be very talented. He looks to be able to see the field well, moves well in and around the pocket. I hope that they keep him somehow because he to me has a pretty decent upside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:57 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hub and every other Bears fan want Fields to be great. While we all want him to continue to improve, we have eyes and can see his limitations. That said, there was no reason to nitpick his performance yesterday.

And then there are people who make up supposed "limitations" just to be seen as having an insight unto itself. I wonder who the same skeptics were when Mahomes was drafted? I'd bet these same kind of windsocks say that they knew he was going to be a HOF talent all of the time. It is so obvious with blowhards.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:08 pm 

I think that the upgrade in talent on both sides of the ball is very encouraging. It will take some patience to have these guys get sorted out but it look obvious that there are a lot of guys with talent competing hard for positions. Once again, I love the running backs and defensive secondary units and the motors of the linemen.

My biggest concern is the coaching as in the OC and DC. Seems kind of cautious to me particularly on the defense side of the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget wrote:
Most importantly how is Claypool getting along with his teammates? I heard that was pretty concerning somewhere.

I dunno, but I'm pretty confident your ass and face are getting along pretty well since they're occupying the same space.

LOL don’t get all worked up at me, you are the one who posted that it was concerning. I’m backing you up, I think it’s really important the players are all good friends.

Please show me where I posted anything about the need for players to be "good friends"--or friends at all, for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I forgive TM for being so triggered by a quote that he himself posted here.

Just because someone uses words from the NY Times crossword puzzle doesn't mean they actually have a clue.

Still posting about an issue you don't, by your own admission, care about, eh? How cogent of you.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a post of mine that mentions player friendships.

As I've already stated, this wasn't the context for Howard's comments at all.

The fact that you continue with this line of argument only demonstrates that you're willing to compound your inaccurate assumptions and lack of reading comprehension with blatant dishonesty.

What a sad little man you are.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
Days after the fact. YOUR initial post was a quote provided with zero context. When two guys interpreted it differently, you went off the deep end.

Yet this is what day three of you logging in to get wang whipped by a guy you think has a chicken brain.

What a sad little man you are. Perhaps its time to adjust your meds.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Days after the fact. YOUR initial post was a quote provided with zero context. When two guys interpreted it differently, you went off the deep end.

Yet this is what day three of you logging in to get wang whipped by a guy you think has a chicken brain.

What a sad little man you are. Perhaps its time to adjust your meds.

I didn't provide context to you because you said you weren't interested in the topic, ya dolt. If you're as uninterested as you say, why would I assume it was my duty to provide you with information of any kind on the matter? And why did you persist in posting about the topic? Is it, perhaps, because you are, indeed, a deluded dolt?

But even if you were interested in the topic, why would you immediately leap to the conclusion that the quote was related to "friendships". Anyone familiar with Herb Howard knows he's not one to comment in such a frivolous manner, and it would be difficult to think of ANY Bears beat reporter--Biggs, Lieser, Grote, Jahns, Moreano, Hoge, Fishbain, etc--who is. What's more, the word wasn't mentioned in the quote.

Yours was a dumb assumption by a dumb guy. This is especially clear since I have made MANY comments about Claypool, all of which deal with how his professional conduct may impact the team and its performance.

Oh, and to clarify: I didn't say you had a chicken brain; I said that your brain would be insufficient to make a chicken function correctly. Just exactly how far do I need to dumb things down for you to finally demonstrate comprehension skills of any kind? Perhaps you would benefit from me sending you some picture books summarizing this thread?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You didn't provide context to anyone you condescending ignoramus. For the second time now, let me refresh your memory:
Tall Midget wrote:
"Claypool is getting into it with different defensive players every day....I am concerned about his relationship with his teammates off the field."--Herb Howard, 8/11/23, on Bernstein/Holmes
I'm not sure how much more I can dumb this down for you as this is your very own post.

You seem to think it's important that all the players get along. If you don't feel this way, then why would you make that post in the first place? Having been through the Marc Trestman building of men years, that shit is almost meaningless.

Ill leave this debate with another one of your posts:
Tall Midget wrote:
There is a difference between being competitive and being a douche.
You aren't being competitive here so surely such a brilliant and seasoned mind as yours can figure out what you are.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

in the same vein, was there really any reason for over the top praise for his performance ? that it showed he’s definitely taken the next step and the Bears are going to be a juggernaut offensively? Because I saw hell of a lot more thinking like that than I did Hub’s line of reasoning .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:13 pm 

Billings and Jones were terrible, do not expect much out of them this year, but you would at least hope Billings can keep your linebackers clean. They will need Dexter and Pickens to develop quickly or it's gonna be a long year for your back seven with plenty of tackling opportunities for your secondary. They do appear to have corners that will come up and fill your outsize gaps, which they will need as you will be hard pressed to find a group of DE's that are as inept at setting the edge as they group the Bears have right now, this is a real flaw in the Eberflus defense, it almost looks schematic at times because you cannot imagine the DE is supposed to be on the inside shoulder and crash inside on every play on non passing downs.

The speed on offense is noticeably better, can tell they are filling the roster with guys that fit the outside zone scheme and that they are able to open up the playbook now that they have at least replacement level guys at most positions on offense.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

in the same vein, was there really any reason for over the top praise for his performance ? that it showed he’s definitely taken the next step and the Bears are going to be a juggernaut offensively? Because I saw hell of a lot more thinking like that than I did Hub’s line of reasoning .

No, but that's general meatballs. The Fields Cult just takes things to an extreme.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Billings and Jones were terrible, do not expect much out of them this year, but you would at least hope Billings can keep your linebackers clean. They will need Dexter and Pickens to develop quickly or it's gonna be a long year for your back seven with plenty of tackling opportunities for your secondary. They do appear to have corners that will come up and fill your outsize gaps, which they will need as you will be hard pressed to find a group of DE's that are as inept at setting the edge as they group the Bears have right now, this is a real flaw in the Eberflus defense, it almost looks schematic at times because you cannot imagine the DE is supposed to be on the inside shoulder and crash inside on every play on non passing downs.

The speed on offense is noticeably better, can tell they are filling the roster with guys that fit the outside zone scheme and that they are able to open up the playbook now that they have at least replacement level guys at most positions on offense.

Poles seems to have a size fetish. I’m worried that’s going to result in a slow team that can hit you hard after you’ve gained 15 yards.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I havent seen any Hub Score visits yet this year. I don't think Hub will ever be in the Fields MVP crowd until he moves out of the league bottom passers into the top group. He-men P & S vehemently raising their voices at disgust of Hub's Fields isn't there yet observations literally weeks after doctors saying he'd survive last year was despicable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:33 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Poles seems to have a size fetish. I’m worried that’s going to result in a slow team that can hit you hard after you’ve gained 15 yards.

They like the smaller DE's and want them to get up the field, but if the DE does not keep his outside shoulder free and gets his hips turned inside by the OT it opens up a massive run lane, cannot imaging a defensive scheme where you lost that gap on every single play, the lack of talent is obvious, but it always looks odd and you see teams go right at that gap in key situations.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Every QB that comes into the league and is anointed a team's starting QB faces criticism: Tom Brady system QB for the first decade+ of his career; Peyton Manning couldn't win in the playoffs...until he did; Patrick Mahomes has an annoying spouse and brother; Matt Stafford--despite being tops in QB stats season after season--was being called a loser up until he hoisted the Lombardi; Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky posted winning records 3 out of his first 4 seasons and made the playoffs twice and still got cut loose...regardless if he does it with his arm or with his feet, Justin Fields needs to win more than 3 games in a season and do better than 1-7 against division opponents and then post W's in the playoffs (see: Lamar Jackson).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hussra wrote:
Every QB that comes into the league and is anointed a team's starting QB faces criticism: Tom Brady system QB for the first decade+ of his career; Peyton Manning couldn't win in the playoffs...until he did; Patrick Mahomes has an annoying spouse and brother; Matt Stafford--despite being tops in QB stats season after season--was being called a loser up until he hoisted the Lombardi; Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky posted winning records 3 out of his first 4 seasons and made the playoffs twice and still got cut loose...regardless if he does it with his arm or with his feet, Justin Fields needs to win more than 3 games in a season and do better than 1-7 against division opponents and then post W's in the playoffs (see: Lamar Jackson).

I don’t see mahomes ever getting over that particular criticism.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hussra wrote:

I don’t see mahomes ever getting over that particular criticism.

I wish Fields well as it is my team. I have not seen anything concrete though that says he will be awesome all around. His game time yesterday was awesome. Now do more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:23 am 

The true read on a QB is if he can make plays for you in key situations. Guys like Mitch could be carried by a good defense, but he would always fall short in key situations, throw a bad pick or miss an open guy, not always lose games for you, but just not make plays to win games.

The frustrating thing with Fields is that you really do not have a full evaluation on him yet, seems odd given the fact that he has been in the league for several years, but you still do not know if he can win for you because you have not put a competitive team out on the field around him yet.

This is the make or break year for Fields in Chicago, they will have to move on QB next year because they likely will not have the amount of draft capital they will have next year again for years.

The dream scenario is of course that Fields shows he is a QB 1, then you can add pieces that to win the division and make a playoff run.

The nightmare would be if Fields is terrible, and you have to package a bunch of picks to move up and reset at QB again which means you will not be competitive for another 2-3 years.

Poles may survive scenario number two, but double Eberflus would be around after three double digit loss seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:58 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
The true read on a QB is if he can make plays for you in key situations. Guys like Mitch could be carried by a good defense, but he would always fall short in key situations, throw a bad pick or miss an open guy, not always lose games for you, but just not make plays to win games.

The frustrating thing with Fields is that you really do not have a full evaluation on him yet, seems odd given the fact that he has been in the league for several years, but you still do not know if he can win for you because you have not put a competitive team out on the field around him yet.

This is the make or break year for Fields in Chicago, they will have to move on QB next year because they likely will not have the amount of draft capital they will have next year again for years.

The dream scenario is of course that Fields shows he is a QB 1, then you can add pieces that to win the division and make a playoff run.

The nightmare would be if Fields is terrible, and you have to package a bunch of picks to move up and reset at QB again which means you will not be competitive for another 2-3 years.

Poles may survive scenario number two, but double Eberflus would be around after three double digit loss seasons.

There is literally a very very small chance that Fields will be "terrible". He oozes great talent and he has a natural gift namely his speed and elusiveness that will get him out of situations that normal quarterbacks and athletes were not gifted with. H, may not be a Mahomes but there is no quarterback better than Mahomes in the entire NFL. If people are expecting another Mahomes, then that is ridiculous. But he will be at least a Warren Moon or another second tier pro bowl qb.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:37 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

There is literally a very very small chance that Fields will be "terrible". He oozes great talent and he has a natural gift namely his speed and elusiveness that will get him out of situations that normal quarterbacks and athletes were not gifted with. H, may not be a Mahomes but there is no quarterback better than Mahomes in the entire NFL. If people are expecting another Mahomes, then that is ridiculous. But he will be at least a Warren Moon or another second tier pro bowl qb.[/quote]
:shock: :o :shock: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next