It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Based on some of the pictures I've seen come out of training camp, it looks like Fields still has a lot of unresolved mechanical problems. In addition to his questionable footwork, his throwing motion still doesn't look right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
Based on some of the pictures I've seen come out of training camp, it looks like Fields still has a lot of unresolved mechanical problems. In addition to his questionable footwork, his throwing motion still doesn't look right.

What pray tell are the mechanical problems that Fields has as issues? Does he need an oil change? Parking brake not working? Lens out on his right headlight?

Its funny. The kid has almost broken NFL rushing records. Had a good passer rating for a second year player under a new qb. OC, and head coach and people are picking at the way he looks in a picture?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

What pray tell are the mechanical problems that Fields has as issues? Does he need an oil change? Parking brake not working? Lens out on his right headlight?

Its funny. The kid has almost broken NFL rushing records. Had a good passer rating for a second year player under a new qb. OC, and head coach and people are picking at the way he looks in a picture?

Man you are on a roll of terrible sport thoughts and analysis today.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I am starting to think City of Fools has taken over The Hawk account

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Josh Schrock provides a pretty good overview of the practices against the Colts:

Quote:
On first down, Fields dropped back and tried to hit running back Khalil Herbert on a quick pass to the left out of the backfield. Fields' throw was a little off-target,

Its mind blowing how this keeps happening. It was the same issue last year when he would throw on screens and be behind the guy. Isn't this just a footwork issue and how haven't they been able to fix it, or how hasn't he adjusted yet?

I'm no coach but that's what it looks like to me. He swings the front leg towards the backfield rather than keeping it in line. The leg then opens the shoulders. You should be able to draw a straight line from the shoulders to the point you want to deliver. His shoulders almost square up to the point he wants to hit. The throw becomes more of a flick. He ends up being inaccurate, making the receiver change his momentum from forward leaning to backward leaning just to catch the ball. Even if caught, it minimizes the effectiveness of the play

Which is also weird because he was a baseball player and middle infielder, he should be used to a little side arm throw from those days.

I assumed these were reps and confidence issues. That's why I wanted him to just sling it without thought in practice and in the games that don't matter.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:28 pm 

I would want him throwing the ball down the field as much as possible, need I say, even if it is intercepted I would accept it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Maybe it's the yips. He should be able to throw a 10 yard pass with NO LEGS AT ALL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Josh Schrock provides a pretty good overview of the practices against the Colts:

Quote:
On first down, Fields dropped back and tried to hit running back Khalil Herbert on a quick pass to the left out of the backfield. Fields' throw was a little off-target,

Its mind blowing how this keeps happening. It was the same issue last year when he would throw on screens and be behind the guy. Isn't this just a footwork issue and how haven't they been able to fix it, or how hasn't he adjusted yet?

I'm no coach but that's what it looks like to me. He swings the front leg towards the backfield rather than keeping it in line. The leg then opens the shoulders. You should be able to draw a straight line from the shoulders to the point you want to deliver. His shoulders almost square up to the point he wants to hit. The throw becomes more of a flick. He ends up being inaccurate, making the receiver change his momentum from forward leaning to backward leaning just to catch the ball. Even if caught, it minimizes the effectiveness of the play

Which is also weird because he was a baseball player and middle infielder, he should be used to a little side arm throw from those days.

I assumed these were reps and confidence issues. That's why I wanted him to just sling it without thought in practice and in the games that don't matter.

The one QB video I posted showed how he swung his leg too far. He suggested starting with the left leg out more; though, that might tip the defense to the screen pass. Considering the coaches said they significantly worked on his foot work last pre-season and he still not setting correctly, I'm with Nas that its probably a reps issue. Or he's just stubborn, but I'm not so sure that's the answer. He was willing to tighten up his throwing motion from cocking the ball far back. The other part of that video showed him hesitating and then having to elude when throwing to the side. Had he gotten the ball out immediately, it wouldn't have been so close to being a sack. That certainly feels like the confidence challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
LOL I love the armchair coaching talk in here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:39 pm 

Don't worry, I played Madden and I know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:

Man of MANY Opinions is more outspoken. I don't think he has any confidence issues.

Hypothesizing is one of the things that makes sports enjoyable. It's likely what brought you here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Man of MANY Opinions is more outspoken. I don't think he has any confidence issues.

Hypothesizing is one of the things that makes sports enjoyable. It's likely what brought you here.

Nope, only experts like Hub Arkush and Adam Hoge can communicate the truth to us.

Or better yet, Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nope, only experts like Hub Arkush and Adam Hoge can communicate the truth to us.

Or better yet, Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace. :lol:

And Gute

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Watched a bit of the little guy the Panthers drafted and noticed he will start to leak laterally from the pocket at the first sign of pressure.

Fields does the same thing, must be from playing at a big time college program where you have tons of time because you are playing behind an offensive line full of first rounders who will hold the edges as you step sideways, pat the ball, and wait for your skill position players who are all also future first round draft picks to beat the opposing college DB's who will be working at Target after their college careers end.

These guys do not instinctually step up in the pocket, you can see why Young doesn't, he is too small to see around the lineman, but Fields is big enough to step up in the pocket, the terrible play of the interior of the Bears line likely has a lot to with him developing bad habits.

This is why you need to put competent players in front of a young QB, it can severely impact their development, taking tons of hits and sacks at an early age has ruined many QBs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Bryce Young played in front of a wall, but the kid also had great footwork.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, Young has very nice footwork and I anticipate he will move in the pocket quite well as he gets accustomed to the NFL. His size may nevertheless limit how effective he can be as a pocket passer.

Fields has shown no signs thus far that he understands how to move up in the pocket. Part of the problem is the interior line, as Claw said, but he is also part of the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:57 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I guess that you can't handle intelligent views that critique weak opinions set forth by people who don't understand what they think that they are seeing? Labeling Rameriz puny ass wave at Anderson a KNOCK OUT was bad enough when a biased Cleveland wind sock said it to a hometown Guardian audience. But accepting this weak ass crap because people just hate Anderson is pretty weak on your part.

As for Fields, did he not have a terrific season last year for a team with the worst talent in the NFL? Did he not almost break qb rushing records? Did he not have a good TD/Int record and QB rating?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:01 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Yeah, Young has very nice footwork and I anticipate he will move in the pocket quite well as he gets accustomed to the NFL. His size may nevertheless limit how effective he can be as a pocket passer.

Fields has shown no signs thus far that he understands how to move up in the pocket. Part of the problem is the interior line, as Claw said, but he is also part of the problem.

If the man doesn't know how to "move up in the pocket", how did he get credit for all of those rushing yards?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:42 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

If the man doesn't know how to "move up in the pocket", how did he get credit for all of those rushing yards?

'
His inability to step up in the pocket "may" mean he isn't getting enough time for receivers to get open and then he's lacking confidence to throw the ball because no one is open, leading to all of those rushing yards. Its also very likely that the combination of receivers last year were unable to get separation + the OL wasn't giving him enough time, leading to the quick trigger for rushing. I'm really hoping its the latter. One of the things I don't know is if he's having trouble reading the defense pre-snap.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:07 pm 

Bagent and Johnson look solid. Hopefully they keep Bagent on the practice squad. I doubt he has a chance to take over the #2 spot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
RFDC wrote:
Bagent and Johnson look solid. Hopefully they keep Bagent on the practice squad. I doubt he has a chance to take over the #2 spot.

I know it’s preseason but Bagent has a quick release and almost every pass is right where it needs to be. He seems to be making the right read as well. I would like to see a lot more of him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:11 pm 

The Man wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I know it’s preseason but Bagent has a quick release and almost every pass is right where it needs to be. He seems to be making the right read as well. I would like to see a lot more of him.

Yep completely agree. I read some folks who were impressed with him after the first game. He is the only reason I am watching this current game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:04 pm 

The Man wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm impressed. He looks like he is not letting the additonal speed of the pro game affect him like a lot of rookie kids do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Is 53 college games a lot? It seems like a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:48 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

'
His inability to step up in the pocket "may" mean he isn't getting enough time for receivers to get open and then he's lacking confidence to throw the ball because no one is open, leading to all of those rushing yards. Its also very likely that the combination of receivers last year were unable to get separation + the OL wasn't giving him enough time, leading to the quick trigger for rushing. I'm really hoping its the latter. One of the things I don't know is if he's having trouble reading the defense pre-snap.

That is really it. None of us really know what the young fellow will develop as. What I see is a tremendously gifted athlete who appears to also be smart and willing to work. He also got thrown into a team last year that was one of the worst assemblies of talent in NFL history. I see the man's upside as very great and if he has a good qb coach and an OC, and if the new linemen in front of him this year work out to just be average over-all which isn't asking much, I think that Fields will be just fine, especially with his new running backs and receivers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:28 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

C'mon bro we are trying to have a serious discussion here, save the goofy stuff for the grab ass sections.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:13 am 

Not giving Fields and the starting o line at least a series last night is a rather arrogant approach by Eberflus. He must think Fields and Wright do not need reps?

It sucks that the NFL actually charges fans to attend games where both teams sit their starters.

PJ Walker is playing himself off the roster, he does not look like an NFL QB, interesting to hear Jim Miller call him out for not sliding his protection and missing his hot read.

The Bagent kid is an interesting prospect, he looked more comfortable than Fields in the offense, made the right late checks, found his one on one matchups. He did something you do not see Bears QBs do very often, recognized the CB leverage and threw an accurate pass to the right spot before the WR made his cut, impressive for a rook and still have not seen Fields show that ability. He looks to be your #3 for sure, and maybe even your #2, he's made the roster because there is no way they can hide him on the practice squad. This entire thing is very odd for the Bears, they rarely have a young QB with potential as the backup, it's always a washed up vet or a kid with very little talent, Poles may have lucked into at least an inexpensive backup QB.

There does appear to be some quality depth on the interior of the oline and at RB.

Would still be looking to pick up defensive line help anywhere you can, that group will severely limit the success of this team.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:39 am 

I think Bagent gets picked up if the Bears try to sneak him through to the practice squad. Seems to have a presence and gets rid of the ball quick. The thing we didn't see were any vertical passes over 10 yards in the air.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:05 am 

RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I am starting to think City of Fools has taken over The Hawk account

Exactly where I wrong about Fields? I siad that he almost broke NFL rushing records last season. Did he not have a pretty good passer rating and completion percentage for a team which had not offensive line nor receivers to help him? Has he not had a change over in coaches?

Before you criticize someone on their "terrible sports thoughts", you really should look at what your own thoughts are. You and others are basically making up unproven crap about how bad he is. It funny really. No stupidly mock anyone's opinion that is different than your and the other pessimists on the board. Its one thing to disagree with someone on projecting what a player is going to be. But to mock someone for a different opinion than yours is really weak shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next