It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bears Training Camp
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
Bills are one of the better teams in the league with a top level QB and offense, so expected the Bears first string D to struggle and it did.

Fields looked disinterested at best, he appeared very happy to leave the game midway through a drive, not really a great showing from your QB1.

Starting DT's continue to get blown off the ball, the three techs got bitch slapped a few times, they did cover two gaps because the center turned them and washed them down the line several times. This continues to be a glaring weakness on this team and will cause them to lose games until it is fixed. Expect the Packers to pound the ball early and often in week one.

Edmunds spent more time on his hair, shoes, and sleeves than he did playing in the game, he better go to Play It Again Sports and buy a bunch of extra arm pads because he is gonna have to make a ton of tackles behind this defensive line.

They went right after Stevenson, the league already knows he is overly aggressive and will try to jump routes, expect him to have a target on his back until he proves himself.

The two best players on the team are Moore and the punter.

Stevenson will be a pro bowl corner . Calling him overly aggressive is laughable. Itis aggressiveness that a corner needs along with physicalness and speed. I guess you missed his INT? Guess what also? ALL young corners are tested and referees also test them to see how they will react to questionable penalty calls like Stephenson got in the penalty the guy called for holding when Stevenson barely touched the receiver. A veteran corner doesn't get called for that.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:49 pm 

What a bull shit offensive pass interference call on Bagent's first pass. I also wonder what game these Bear's critics of Fields were watching in Field's time on the field? Someone talked about fields not hitting Moore "in stride" on Moore's long catch on a SITDOWN route and subsequent run after the catch? Miller critiqued Fields that the pass was a bit low but that was it and Miller must not remember his lack of perfect passes in his NFL career??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Bills are one of the better teams in the league with a top level QB and offense, so expected the Bears first string D to struggle and it did.

Fields looked disinterested at best, he appeared very happy to leave the game midway through a drive, not really a great showing from your QB1.

Starting DT's continue to get blown off the ball, the three techs got bitch slapped a few times, they did cover two gaps because the center turned them and washed them down the line several times. This continues to be a glaring weakness on this team and will cause them to lose games until it is fixed. Expect the Packers to pound the ball early and often in week one.

Edmunds spent more time on his hair, shoes, and sleeves than he did playing in the game, he better go to Play It Again Sports and buy a bunch of extra arm pads because he is gonna have to make a ton of tackles behind this defensive line.

They went right after Stevenson, the league already knows he is overly aggressive and will try to jump routes, expect him to have a target on his back until he proves himself.

So now, you claim that we have a "disinterested" qb? And one who was "happy" to leave the game in the middle of a scoring drive. Pray tell, sir, how did that disinterest and happyness manifest itself? Somehow, I detect a clear bias against anyone the bear's have on the field and especially the Bear's starting quarterback. Why is that or do you claim to be objective ? By the way, claw, I saw Fields interact with Bagent quite a bit when he played in the 2nd quarter. I would think that if your analysis was correct, that a disinterested player happy about getting pulled from a game would have not done that but rather would have ordered a hot dog and beer from a vendor and lost his football helmet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Stevenson will be a pro bowl corner . Calling him overly aggressive is laughable. Itis aggressiveness that a corner needs along with physicalness and speed. I guess you missed his INT? Guess what also? ALL young corners are tested and referees also test them to see how they will react to questionable penalty calls like Stephenson got in the penalty the guy called for holding when Stevenson barely touched the receiver. A veteran corner doesn't get called for that.

Do you have an imaginary TV where you watch a different game? Stevenson may develop into a good corner, but you had to see him get beat on several routes after flipping his hips to early to chase an outcut, he will likely get better, but expect teams to attack him with stop and go routes to catch him trying to jump short passes, and with play action, Bills froze him a few times with that Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:42 pm 

So. per the Claw........

The two best players on the team are Moore and the punter.[/quote]

So now, you claim that we have a "disinterested" qb? And one who was "happy" to leave the game in the middle of a scoring drive. Pray tell, sir, how did that disinterest and happyness manifest itself? Somehow, I detect a clear bias against anyone the bear's have on the field and especially the Bear's starting quarterback. Why is that or do you claim to be objective ? By the way, claw, I saw Fields interact with Bagent quite a bit when he played in the 2nd quarter. I would think that if your analysis was correct, that a disinterested player happy about getting pulled from a game would have not done that but rather would have ordered a hot dog and beer from a vendor and lost his football helmet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Hawk wrote:
What Miller critiqued Fields that the pass was a bit low but that was it and Miller must not remember his lack of perfect passes in his NFL career??

Im pretty sure Milller didnt have a butthurt fanbase run to his defense with a boatload of excuses everytime he threw a bad pass as well.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
He clearly threw two passes to the front shoulder that were incomplete and could have been picked. Had he thrown back shoulder, both would have been complete and one a touchdown. One pass to a back seem to be too hard and need some touch. He should be making those throws by now.

Hilarious stuff. Were any receivers "open" that he missed?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:53 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Do you really think the players are all in for the pre-season games? Would you be interested in a pre-season game if you had your spot locked up? You have to think about these things my friend, of course he was disinterested and happy to get out of the game, all of the starters were, none of them want to be there for these games.

As for the QB's, would have loved to hear what they were talking about after Bagent threw the pick because they seem to see the game differently, Bagent makes his read early and gets the ball out quickly where Fields is always looking downfield.

Enjoying the on the muscle takes today, did you have some bad chocolate milk last night?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:03 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Fields still can't throw. Nothing's changed.

He's making quicker decisions.

I do agree with that. But the throws are off. It's like he lost his touch. Weird. He does seem to have more arm strength. Its like when I weight lift a lot and then can't hit any shots in basketball because I have horsecock

His arm strength didn't look great to me. Part of the problem stems from the fact that he frequently fails to throw tight spirals, so his balls don't cut through the wind that well on gusty days like today.

As Nas mentioned, he's getting the ball out quicker, but that's not necessarily a good thing if he's throwing so inaccurately, as he was today.

On a separate note, the Bills had no trouble moving the ball on the Bears even with Kyle Allen at QB. This defense is putrid, and the fact that the Bears offense has been absolutely dominated by them in training camp should be alarming to the team's coaches and fans alike.

It amazes me that more of the Bears beat reporters and analysts don't make this a key point in every opinion on the offense. DJ Moore is essentially the lipstick on the pig.

Maybe those reporters and analysts know a bit more than all of your sky is falling folks think that they see?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:16 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Did not understand why they did not draft or sign another center, seemed shortsighted at the time and will force them to pick up whatever is left on the scrap heap and possibly have to play that guy right away.

The DB group looks to be the one with the most potential upside, but that group is gonna have to make a lot of tackles playing behind this defensive line, so it's a good thing you have depth as you're going to need it early and often.

Edmunds is going to have a hard time keeping his sleeves and hair in place because he's gonna have a steady stream of untouched running backs coming at him all day long playing behind these DT's.

Do not get the feeling that ownership is expecting much out of this season and they must have given Poles and Eberflus the green light to do a 3-4 year rebuild, do not feel any sense of urgency or pressure from the top down.

I think that you over-rate the rest of a very weak division. Green Bay is much weaker without their jag-off quarterback, Rodgers.Minnesota losing 8 starting players and was lucky last year in winning every tight game and is not sustainable. When Detroit is your pre-season favorite tells you how bad the division is. I also think that you are really not recognizing how much better the talent is this year for the Bears, both offensively and defensively. Also, special teams also will be much better because the personnel will be a lot better.

I expect the Bear's will be a 9-8 football team as a floor. They could be 10-7.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:36 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Do you have an imaginary TV where you watch a different game? Stevenson may develop into a good corner, but you had to see him get beat on several routes after flipping his hips to early to chase an outcut, he will likely get better, but expect teams to attack him with stop and go routes to catch him trying to jump short passes, and with play action, Bills froze him a few times with that Saturday.

Gee, claw, maybe if you'd get the I hate Justin Fields sign disgorged from your arse, you might be more objective about your opinion of him. They targeted Stevenson and beat him on one TD.So what? HE also intercepted a pass in that game and broke up several while playing very physically on defense, especially for a corner. Also, in case you didn't know, claw, HE IS A ROOKIE. Going against an all pro quarterback and very good offense. Did you know that?

Pardon me if I don't agree with you on how bad you think that the Bear's team is. You actually said that one of their two only premium is their punter which is a really silly opinion. If you don't see the talent improvement of this last season your judgement is very impaired.

By the way, claw... THIS WAS A PRESEASON GAME in which the Bear's HC pulled his starting quarterback after a 40 yard completion in order to give a non drafted guy a chance to play in a red zone situation out of nowhere :drunken: :drunken: Somehow, you and some others on this board somehow think that this pre season shit is real life stuff. It isn't. If you were looking at something besides someone "flipping their hips too early and making what the entire league calls ROOKIE MISTAKES, you'd see beyond the nose on your face and see the great talent that Stephenson and Fields have. THIS WAS A PRESEASON GAME!!!! They lost a gimmicky preseason game by three points. A PRE-SEASON GAME!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:52 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Do you really think the players are all in for the pre-season games? Would you be interested in a pre-season game if you had your spot locked up? You have to think about these things my friend, of course he was disinterested and happy to get out of the game, all of the starters were, none of them want to be there for these games.

As for the QB's, would have loved to hear what they were talking about after Bagent threw the pick because they seem to see the game differently, Bagent makes his read early and gets the ball out quickly where Fields is always looking downfield.

Enjoying the on the muscle takes today, did you have some bad chocolate milk last night?

Now you are continuing to try and imagine what highly competitive football players think. You basically said that the Bear's starting quarterback was happy to get out of that game and was DISINTERESTED. I say that you are 100% wrong. Fields was shown on the broadcast talking up Bagent, cheering for him and coaching him up on some of the mistakes that he made. HE also has had excellent reporting by coaches and team writers for being a good teammate.

So,claw, why do you denigrate Fields and the Bear's in general? Do you actually think that by mislabeling players like Fields you somehow gain some "cred" with other fans?

Lets see also, Claw, in the last game that he played before today, what did Fields do with his TWO PASSES? Did he correctly read thefield and get the ball out quickly or did he as you said, screw them both up by LOOKING DOWNFIELD? Hint, both passes went for long touchdowns.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Poles isn't afraid to admit his mistakes

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nice…..the Cubs have been doing the same thing. It’s about time our teams cut bait and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Leatherwood, gone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tyson Bagent’s '22 opponents

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Slippery Cock is great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Imagine losing to a college located inside mines.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Imagine losing to a college located inside mines.

Mind blowing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Don't sleep on Kutztown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:04 pm 

Indiana sucks no matter where it’s located

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Truth!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It’s funny. All those schools are where kids here go when they are bad. Most kids on my son’s team went to D3 lower than those. More or less “wanna come to our school, we play football”.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
It’s funny. All those schools are where kids here go when they are bad. Most kids on my son’s team went to D3 lower than those. More or less “wanna come to our school, we play football”.

They really love the game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

And it’s a beautiful thing in perspective. Bellecheck can only have so many white guys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:28 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Tyson Bagent’s '22 opponents

And none of this has anything to do with what he is doing now.

He played well enough to get the QB2 job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tyler Scott was supposed to be the target on this screen pass, but he didn't know what to do? I have heard that the Bears focused on screens and swing passes for a large portion of training camp, so it's not a good sign that Tyler Scott doesn't know where he should be on this play. VJJ struggled to learn the playbook last year as well. Is it really that difficult to remember the plays? :? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:54 am 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Guys that are willing to pay a bunch of money just for a chance to keep playing football.

Quite entertaining watching the Bagent stuff, a bunch of quick three step and get the ball out stuff because the lineman sucked, that prepared him for playing behind the Bears line.

It looked like one of his WR's might have been a Smurf.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:56 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tyler Scott was supposed to be the target on this screen pass, but he didn't know what to do? I have heard that the Bears focused on screens and swing passes for a large portion of training camp, so it's not a good sign that Tyler Scott doesn't know where he should be on this play. VJJ struggled to learn the playbook last year as well. Is it really that difficult to remember the plays? :? :lol:

Have heard several of the WR's talk about how difficult this offense is to learn, still not sure if Claypool knows the playbook, but he rarely plays, so hard to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:00 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Now you are continuing to try and imagine what highly competitive football players think. You basically said that the Bear's starting quarterback was happy to get out of that game and was DISINTERESTED. I say that you are 100% wrong. Fields was shown on the broadcast talking up Bagent, cheering for him and coaching him up on some of the mistakes that he made. HE also has had excellent reporting by coaches and team writers for being a good teammate.

So,claw, why do you denigrate Fields and the Bear's in general? Do you actually think that by mislabeling players like Fields you somehow gain some "cred" with other fans?

Lets see also, Claw, in the last game that he played before today, what did Fields do with his TWO PASSES? Did he correctly read thefield and get the ball out quickly or did he as you said, screw them both up by LOOKING DOWNFIELD? Hint, both passes went for long touchdowns.

LOL, you either do not know anything about football, or are watching imaginary games, leave the actual football talk to the people that understand what they are watching, stick to the grab ass sections of the board.

You can watch the game with rose colored glasses, or watch honestly and note where the team struggles, you choose the former and everyone else chooses the latter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next