It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
So Murph was outed for creating a fake emailer he called "Kenny Owens from La Grange Park", but it seems the twitter and social media universe allows for the creation of dozens of fake profiles which then could be used to create a false sense that many people agree with you or support your takes.

Seems that despite belittling Murph, many of the WSCR hosts have done the same thing, it was painfully obvious that Bernstein was doing this for HYC, but oddly nobody called him out for the oddly worded craps that were in lock step with Bernstein's takes.

Bill on Capitol Hill needed to go looking for a fire to die in.

Fucker was the worst.

Kind of like a left wing ChatGPT, oddly worded and phrased thoughts, but then again, you find that type of stuff from the left and right wing content aggregation sites all the time, likely AI trying to steer thought, but they could never imagined they would find such a dutiful soldiers as they have found at WSCR, and it's couched within "sport talk", so it gives the AI mothership access to a different group of people.

Do have to say that the evangelical zeal that the WSCR goofs use while spewing out the approved takes of the day makes the dudes that kiss snakes seem like slackers, they just kiss the snake on Sunday's while Dan Bernstein has gone at it hour after hour after hour for decades.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The week before last, the Score shows were at Circa in Vegas. The hosts all made big show announcements about doing their shows there, and all did some advertising for Circa and signing up for their football gambling contests there.

The shows mix in a lot more about the crazy hosts, the dinner's and drinks they had, what time they went to bed, etc., but why is doing a remote show a benefit to the listeners? They may get a guest from Vegas on, but the shows are mainly the same guests they have on weekly, but it's just mixed in more with the wacky/crazy stories that the hosts share from their dinner.

Anyways, just trying to understand the actual benefit to the listener when they do these Vegas promo's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
BD wrote:
Anyways, just trying to understand the actual benefit to the listener when they do these Vegas promo's.

It doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Circa pays the station a shit load of money. That’s why they do it. And they comp the trip for the staff.

It’s pretty easy to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Circa pays the station a shit load of money. That’s why they do it. And they comp the trip for the staff.

It’s pretty easy to understand.

I understand why they do it, but I don't understand why they sell this as some benefit to the listener. A "big show announcement", something that is "very exciting" will be coming up next, etc....they all act as if the show will somehow be better if it's it Vegas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:22 pm 

They must have some type of metrics showing sports talk radio listeners are constant consumers of their product, but listening to radio hosts brag about what they did in Vegas does very little to make me want to go, most of the dudes doing talk radio are annoying as hell.

It's kind of like the infomercials they do on small market AM radio.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
How would we get Vegas Haugh without Vegas?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Clawmaster wrote:
They must have some type of metrics showing sports talk radio listeners are constant consumers of their product

They probably still are. Hell, I'm one and I hate this show. I primarily listen to document and laugh at leery's stupid bullshit. I suppose this makes me the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein and Larry pushing Bernstein's "I fish like the common man" shtick seems orchestrated. I remember B & B mocking Jimmy Piersall for his fishing Wheaton's fishing hole stories when he was a Score baseball guest. Piersall controlling his anger with Bernstein coming back with "Respect your elders Bernsie".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
They must have some type of metrics showing sports talk radio listeners are constant consumers of their product, but listening to radio hosts brag about what they did in Vegas does very little to make me want to go, most of the dudes doing talk radio are annoying as hell.

It's kind of like the infomercials they do on small market AM radio.

They like to give this impression that they are all wild/crazy and know how to have fun, etc. (with the possible exception of Bernstein), but really, their nights tend to be extremely common and not worthy of non-stop talk like they just did something so unique the night before. It's really interesting that they sell their nights out in Vegas with this intrigue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein and Larry pushing Bernstein's "I fish like the common man" shtick seems orchestrated. I remember B & B mocking Jimmy Piersall for his fishing Wheaton's fishing hole stories when he was a Score baseball guest. Piersall controlling his anger with Bernstein coming back with "Respect your elders Bernsie".

Holmes is all about his partner. He is protective of him, etc., agrees with him on everything. Very interesting relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
How would we get Vegas Haugh without Vegas?

Exactly. He went for a run each morning which everyone found as crazy except Holmes. That was a topic each day. Wild and crazy Haugh goes for a run while in Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Just caught the end of high noon, and Bernstein was crying about racists and antisemitism on WLS. What the hell is he talking about? Anyone?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
Just caught the end of high noon, and Bernstein was crying about racists and antisemitism on WLS. What the hell is he talking about? Anyone?

Same boat as you. Heard the ass end. He was acting as if WLS hired Stalin and was bringing in Hitler next.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Same boat as you. Heard the ass end. He was acting as if WLS hired Stalin and was bringing in Hitler next.

Dad is Bret Gogoel coming for us ?
I dont know son, I just dont know

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 pm 

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2585 ... parts-wls/

This is what it was about. I do not know though the connection with Big John going off the air and WLS being overtaken by "hyper MAGAS" as Dan called it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/258503/john-howell-departs-wls/

This is what it was about. I do not know though the connection with Big John going off the air and WLS being overtaken by "hyper MAGAS" as Dan called it.

Lil Danny have any thoughts on what 670 have been overtaken by ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Didn’t Terry have on air beef with that guy?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen

I thought that was his partner, Ramblin' Red Rectum.

Anyway, don't know why Dan's sweating 890; no one's listening anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:06 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

You’re correct. I mixed up my interchangeable country morning guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:31 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

O idea but he went full slow very important whisper. Larry must have thought wtf.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
antisemitism is the big new trend in country music

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
BD wrote:

It doesn't exist.

Complete waste of time and yet another excuse for them to talk about bullshit behind the scenes around the water cooler. The people on the score talk more about their dumb unentertaining lives than actual sports. I don’t give a fuck about anything Shane related. I’m sick of hearing about how lazy of a husband and father Danny Parkins is. LoHo, Leila,etc…I do not care. It’s the same shit every time. They all desperately need therapy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:47 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
BD wrote:

It doesn't exist.

Complete waste of time and yet another excuse for them to talk about bullshit behind the scenes around the water cooler. The people on the score talk more about their dumb unentertaining lives than actual sports. I don’t give a fuck about anything Shane related. I’m sick of hearing about how lazy of a husband and father Danny Parkins is. LoHo, Leila,etc…I do not care. It’s the same shit every time. They all desperately need therapy.

Parkins really is a detestable, awful human being. Just a huge piece of shit. Nothing redeeming about the guy.

Him and Grimace are just disgusting scumbags.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
BD wrote:

It doesn't exist.

Bernsie is pitching that mental health service and using it himself quite regularly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
BD wrote:

It doesn't exist.

Bernsie is pitching that mental health service and using it himself quite regularly.

It's not helping

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
his "baseball magic" comments were idiotic, especially given his stance on what really matters in the game

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
his "baseball magic" comments were idiotic, especially given his stance on what really matters in the game

Pitcher wins? Clubhouse culture? Grindy white guys?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:

Pitcher wins? Clubhouse culture? Grindy white guys?

Baseball magic is clutch!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:57 am 

Seems that analytics is seen as a way for the people that really do not understand or know anything about a sport to find commonality and purpose with other dudes like them by sharing odd mathematical models which supposedly predict outcomes.

Those that actually know the game realize that there are tons of uncontrollable and unknown variables present all the time which make the statistical analysis unreliable.

The baseball stats are skewed heavily toward certain types of offensive production, you get a high value placed on Tim Anderson even though you could see he is not good defensively and is disinterested in hitting behind runners or playing any type of team baseball, but then again it really does not help your team if you are delayed running to first base because you have wasted a few seconds flipping your bat and admiring what you thought was a home run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 94  Next