It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
What was Dan and Larry going on about Bears rumors and some espn person saying something but it probably didn’t go through “legal”? They go on like they know the low down (Larry got a text this morning he can’t share) but can’t tell us. Dan giggled like a bitch. Is this great radio?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
What was Dan and Larry going on about Bears rumors and some espn person saying something but it probably didn’t go through “legal”? They go on like they know the low down (Larry got a text this morning he can’t share) but can’t tell us. Dan giggled like a bitch. Is this great radio?

I didn't hear today's show, but they spent all day yesterday (Wednesday) telling us they know everything that is going on, but can't report it because it's so sensitive. Holmes makes his weird 'yeeeppp' comments. Both love talking about their sources, how they know everything that is happening, etc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I didn't hear today's show, but they spent all day yesterday (Wednesday) telling us they know everything that is going on, but can't report it because it's so sensitive. Holmes makes his weird 'yeeeppp' comments. Both love talking about their sources, how they know everything that is happening, etc

Bernstein has been doing that for a couple decades.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Warren Newson wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bernstein using a dalai-llama boog-approved sabermetric to defend his weekly guest, ian happ. no worries....when the caller tries to respond, just cut him off.

somehow, happ's .240s batting average must cloud just how offensively efficient happ has been in 2023.

The couldn't tell who they hate more, cubs or bears callers.

Just remember that next time Dan tells you that he appreciates his listeners

dan says israel is the cradle of civilization. that's all i need to know.

Eh. That's not a completely insane statement. The Agricultural Revolution more or less happened in that neighborhood. Also, Judeo-Christian moral philosophies are a significant portion of the foundation of Western Civilization.

that's not what he said. nothing about the neighborhood. mesopotamia nor the horn of africa.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Are you a Greek guy with a bug up your ass because he said Jerusalem instead of Athens? Of all the things to be annoyed with Dan Bernstein about this is like 78th on the list.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:37 am 

actually, it says a lot. he's the first person to comment on social issues in the usa, and sadly, in a predictable direction. with his bully pulpit, he picks and chooses issues/events that he perceives will buttress his opinions and focuses.

that's why i was shocked that dan said nothing about the 2021 attacks on israel, nor, the rash of attacks upon american jews supporting israel - including violence in naperville and in other cities in the usa. i can be sarcastic and say i looked for guidance from dan to decide whom to support - pitifully, that guidance never came.

the guidance has always been there. his comment about the cradle of civilization. dan seems to have a problem with american nationalism, individual european nations' nationalism, but, could be a die-hard nationalist himself. which is fine, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

as far as jerusalem and athens and rome, etc...academics have their own opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hire Jason Goff back immediately. The man was FIRE!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:

Dont they have the " everything is racist " market covered already ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:

What did he say that impressed you? From what I heard, he simply uttered a few trite comments while cloaking them in an authoritative or defiant tone to give the appearance that his cliches were actually revelations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:54 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What did he say that impressed you? From what I heard, he simply uttered a few trite comments while cloaking them in an authoritative or defiant tone to give the appearance that his cliches were actually revelations.

and lots of fake laughter, dont forget that part playa!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Man oh man the last half hour of listening to them all laugh at their inside jokes is painful, with Leila cackling over the top. "Morning Zoo" radio gone bad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:11 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Entertainment. Something extremely lacking on this dead ass radio station.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My favorite part was when they bragged that they talked to Big Ant for an hour and no Bears mentions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:36 pm 

pittmike wrote:
My favorite part was when they bragged that they talked to Big Ant for an hour and no Bears mentions.

Continue to listen to David Haugh. After, maybe watch the grass grow or paint dry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Entertainment. Something extremely lacking on this dead ass radio station.

He's definitely more entertaining than Larry or Leila, but that is a pretty low bar to clear.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes throwing a dig at ESPN 1000 for softball questions directed at Matt Eberflus. He's got balls how he ass kissed Joe Maddon and Grandpa Ross when did the manager lovefest show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:57 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes throwing a dig at ESPN 1000 for softball questions directed at Matt Eberflus. He's got balls how he ass kissed Joe Maddon and Grandpa Ross when did the manager lovefest show.

Sir was at the game. Why didn't he walk down and ask questions?

Oh, because the world was waiting on pins and needles for his post game take on the internet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Oh, because the world was waiting on pins and needles for his post game take on the internet

He discussed his appearance with the media at soldier field on Sunday. It included such details as: his commute, the team rolling out the red carpet and him not wanting to ask tough questions because he’s not on the beat anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
That wasn't Henry Burris the bears QB was it?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

He discussed his appearance with the media at soldier field on Sunday. It included such details as: his commute, the team rolling out the red carpet and him not wanting to ask tough questions because he’s not on the beat anymore.

He gives off a very high opinion of himself and wants the audience to know that when he's attending a game (this is also true of the White Sox), the team knows he is there. I tend to think that the team's do not give a bleep what he thinks or if he's attending a game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

:lol:

He even went so far as to say that the Bears PR staffers offered to fly him to the Washington game on the team plane because he is a good luck charm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

He even went so far as to say that the Bears PR staffers offered to fly him to the Washington game on the team plane because he is a good luck charm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
veganfan21 wrote:
That wasn't Henry Burris the bears QB was it?

That's Two-time Grey Cup MVP Henry Burris to you...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:14 pm 

its weird to me how confident guys can be when they dont even make enough money to be taken seriously

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
If you watch the fumble you see what appears to be three guys screwing up, Borom is slow to get out of his stance and his guy runs free to the QB which forces the back to step up and he gets slapped out of the way, so you have a guy coming free from the left, the ROLB comes free as well, Fields sees him and rather than take the sack he tries at the last second to throw the ball, so you had guys coming free from both edges which the oddly ill-informed Henry Burris failed to mention.

Remember the broadcaster saying that NFL edge guys do not respect motion or play fakes anymore, so the Bears are a few years behind the league in play design and play calling, Eberflus is the same as he runs an outdated defense, this is a poorly coached team with marginal talent, but it is much more fun to gab on and on about a guy that did not even play in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I love this fucking thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Every time i listen to P&S after turning off larry's dumb fucking show that he stole from dan, i want to drive a truck through larry's shitty condo. I dont even like parkins or spiegel but at least they know how to be entertaining. Dan is at his best after terrible bears games but larry and leila(who needs to be inserted into monday because she cant work wednesday) completely suck up whatever fuel he had and the whole show goes limp immediately. I don't know how someone as a station director, with a proven positive asset, decides to dilute it with two people who dont add anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Has this show taken on the Trevor Bauer story yet? I know it was a hot topic when he was being accused and they were in full support. I know this is a serious show and takes on those uncomfortable topics so looking forward to how they spin this one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:40 am 

Jaquan Brisker may be one of the worst athlete regular interviews I can remember. It’s like the guy is constantly struggling to form words.

Don’t they vet these things before they sign a guy up for a full season?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:50 am 

last year, i heard his first interview with dan and dan excitedly asked him if missing nba basketball player john brisker was any relation - maybe a great uncle. jaquan said he wasn't sure and would need to ask his mom.

ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 94  Next