It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
last year, i heard his first interview with dan and dan excitedly asked him if missing nba basketball player john brisker was any relation - maybe a great uncle. jaquan said he wasn't sure and would need to ask his mom.

ok.

They closed today in asking him about his weekend plans given the mini-bye. That led the hosts warning him to avoid downtown on Sunday given marathon traffic, which led to a good 5-10 seconds of dead air.

Compelling stuff. It’s like listening to somebody interview a teenager while he’s looking at his phone.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
has a future hosting family feud or hosting miss universe competition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
BD wrote:
Has this show taken on the Trevor Bauer story yet? I know it was a hot topic when he was being accused and they were in full support. I know this is a serious show and takes on those uncomfortable topics so looking forward to how they spin this one.

no, not that i heard. i did hear them knock fitzgerald's lawsuit yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Heard a snippet the other day and Larry brought up bringing Dan's father on to talk about legal issues, Dan said his dad would be rather boring as he apparently specializes in obscure banking laws, to which Larry said, "we really need the content", kind of sad really because he was not joking.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Banker! So you're killing yourself because your dreams of becoming a banker have gone unfulfilled. You-you-you-you can't live without being a banker.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
BD wrote:
Has this show taken on the Trevor Bauer story yet? I know it was a hot topic when he was being accused and they were in full support. I know this is a serious show and takes on those uncomfortable topics so looking forward to how they spin this one.

no, not that i heard. i did hear them knock fitzgerald's lawsuit yesterday.

Knock it? They told me a lawsuit would NEVER be filed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
At least they had the courtesy to acknowledge Bored VIP and Score lifetime listener/faxer/texter Doug E.P., who was noted as attending the remote show at the new sports book Wednesday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes has been mumbling single words to himself during conversations meant for the listeners but not meant for the discussion. He's always done the this is beneath me mumbling thing. But, in the past the words were faint. Now they're clear. Mac used to do it a lot to Hub on visits and others to show his disdain for their shtick. Larry will sneak in a mumble about the Score's uncertain future to himself but Mitch seems to have ended that. He never does it to Leila showing discipline being a good soldier sticking to the Leila on a pedestal scripted theme.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Larry has other motivations for treating Leila well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 am 

I really don't know how some listen to this show regularly. I caught one of my occasional and brief listens. In the fifteen or so minutes Dan hinted at the racism of the NHL marketing and the overt racism of the NBA marketing. Then, when Sir was searching for a word to describe traits of the people of a nation the only two words Dan could conjure were xenophobia and stereotype. That shows you where his mind is.

As always, I appreciate that Mitch quarantine these two on the same show during a time slot of which I can almost never consume. They don't exist to me except on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
I really don't know how some listen to this show regularly. I caught one of my occasional and brief listens. In the fifteen or so minutes Dan hinted at the racism of the NHL marketing and the overt racism of the NBA marketing. Then, when Sir was searching for a word to describe traits of the people of a nation the only two words Dan could conjure were xenophobia and stereotype. That shows you where his mind is.

As always, I appreciate that Mitch quarantine these two on the same show during a time slot of which I can almost never consume. They don't exist to me except on this board.
Dan taking the NBA to task for something? Was it for focusing too much on the white Euro players or something?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:21 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Dan taking the NBA to task for something? Was it for focusing too much on the white Euro players or something?

bird v magic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
good dolphin wrote:

The 15 minute rant over NHL and Gay pride stuff was riveting radio in the tractor this lunch hour.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:31 pm 

Larry Holmes said teams should be happier for winning MLB division titles. "They're hard to win". This has to be the product of having to say something so just blurt anything out on a show too slow paced dependent on guests for sports knowledge other than hosts reading of data.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The 15 minute rant over NHL and Gay pride stuff was riveting radio in the tractor this lunch hour.

It was an entire segment and he mentioned it (and forced it into other topics) 2 or 3 different times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: What??
BD wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It was an entire segment and he mentioned it (and forced it into other topics) 2 or 3 different times.

To be fair, he's old and tiresome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:15 am 

almost all of the best radio guys were on the downside by their 50s and were terrible by 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:39 am 

The real Bernstein has to be very uncomfortable working with Leila what's going on in Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
almost all of the best radio guys were on the downside by their 50s and were terrible by 60

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…AM radio is a young man’s game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Larry has other motivations for treating Leila well.

He wants to try on her panties? He's a closet burrito

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I had some work done on my car and on the ride home they were expounding about all the food that was being delivered to them this afternoon. Nothing says great sports radio like trying to describe the seafood you are going to be eating to the listener during their breaks (hopefully).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:29 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I had some work done on my car and on the ride home they were expounding about all the food that was being delivered to them this afternoon. Nothing says great sports radio like trying to describe the seafood you are going to be eating to the listener during their breaks (hopefully).

:lol: just heard that

clam strips!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:36 pm 

Judge & jury Bernstein said his enthusiasm for Connor Bedard's debut was tempered by the NHL's stance on gay issues not meeting his standards.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
vitoscotti wrote:
Judge & jury Bernstein said his enthusiasm for Connor Bedard's debut was tempered by the NHL's stance on gay issues not meeting his standards.

Very strange way to go through life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
vitoscotti wrote:

Weird. Is he aware that they renamed the mascot Count Fagula until Halloween ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:19 pm 

they should have a show when they bring in kreplach, kugel, matzo balls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
vitoscotti wrote:

Did he really? :lol: Dude needs to stop trying so fuckin hard. We get it Dan. You're much smarter than us. You're a better person than we all are. You're the epitome of woke. You win. We get it. Can we have a show that's entertaining and funny again? God man I miss laughing with this show.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Still going on about that? That was the Tuesday show. Why someone chooses misery whenever they get the chance is beyond me. I'd rather try to find joy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Still going on about that? That was the Tuesday show. Why someone chooses misery whenever they get the chance is beyond me. I'd rather try to find joy.

Yas bro. Joy is hard enough to find without squandering the small things that give us joy to... score points?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:08 pm 

When Bernstein opened up about his mental health issues his sjw theme gradually escalated to now he's a male version of Julie's Twitter persona angry he can't come out of the closet. But, even as goofy as Julie is she talked very little sjw on her Score shows. She even knew it would alienate and drive away listeners. She mostly kept her Twitter Julie and Score Julie separate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 94  Next