It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
We are seeing the ceiling and have seen the floor, want a little more consistence from Fields, there always seems to be a key drive early in the second half where makes a big mistake which turns the game, he did not do that last night and was able to throw the ball away to avoid sacks.

The current rules make the NFL a somewhat simple game, if you have a top WR all you have to do is get the ball in his general vicinity and he will either catch it or draw a PI, you also cannot reroute him or you will draw an illegal contact or holding call, the top QB's know how to work the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
I'm rooting for Fields but I'm also not rooting for Fields because I don't want The Hawk to be right.

I feel ya. I don't want Seacrest owning real estate anywhere else but in my head.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
He's playing like a 5th round pick. The best left tackles in the NFL, you find are drafted in Round 1 or 2.

Give us all a day off from this please.

Caller Bob wrote:
I'd give that money to Jawaan Taylor though

Jawaan Taylor draws 5 penalties, briefly benched in 2nd game with Chiefs since signing $80M deal

https://sports.yahoo.com/jawaan-taylor- ... 50867.html

Five NFL offseason moves that already look regrettable in 2023
https://sports.yahoo.com/five-nfl-offse ... 38933.html
Quote:
Chiefs' high-priced problem
In a relatively restrained offseason, Jawaan Taylor landing a four-year, $80 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs stood out as one of the few truly controversial moves. Sure, that's essentially the going rate for top offensive tackles these days. But Taylor, 25, hasn't established himself in that class yet, meaning this was a substantial bet on his growth potential. In the early going, that wager has gone bust. Through five weeks, Taylor had a solid lead as the NFL's most penalized player with nine accepted flags. Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have come to the right tackle's defense, saying he was being unfairly targeted by officials. But beyond the penalties, Taylor hasn't been nearly good enough as a protector for Mahomes. In the cutthroat AFC, the margin for error is slim, especially with the young receiving corps yet to find its way. Things are still salvageable, but a significant leap will be required for Taylor's deal not to go down as one of the franchise's bigger missteps in recent history. – Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Mike McGlinchey got his ass kicked last night.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
a retard wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
He's playing like a 5th round pick. The best left tackles in the NFL, you find are drafted in Round 1 or 2.

Caller Bob wrote:

Jawaan Taylor draws 5 penalties, briefly benched in 2nd game with Chiefs since signing $80M deal

Quote:
In a relatively restrained offseason, Jawaan Taylor landing a four-year, $80 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs stood out as one of the few truly controversial moves. Sure, that's essentially the going rate for top offensive tackles these days. But Taylor, 25, hasn't established himself in that class yet, meaning this was a substantial bet on his growth potential. In the early going, that wager has gone bust. Through five weeks, Taylor had a solid lead as the NFL's most penalized player with nine accepted flags. Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have come to the right tackle's defense, saying he was being unfairly targeted by officials. But beyond the penalties, Taylor hasn't been nearly good enough as a protector for Mahomes. In the cutthroat AFC, the margin for error is slim, especially with the young receiving corps yet to find its way. Things are still salvageable, but a significant leap will be required for Taylor's deal not to go down as one of the franchise's bigger missteps in recent history. – Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz

That signing may cost them a return trip to the Super Bowl.

He is horrible right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Seacrest wrote:
a genius wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:

That signing may cost them a return trip to the Super Bowl.

He is horrible right now.

The Chiefs right now are maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL and are only that good because of the very good defense that they are playing. I think Mahomes is hurting and is surviving only by picking his spots when absolutely necessary. There is still a lot of time for KC to put it together offensively though but it is really really hard for a team to repeat.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:22 pm 

Wisconsins mortercai looks better than fields right now. This guy has a fucking cannon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:59 pm 

Now he looks trash. His arm totally gave out. So weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:30 pm 

If the Bears know that Fields is not the guy moving forward, do they look to trade him?

Sports mockery posted a guy at the Athletic who thought you could get a 2nd in '24 and a conditional 3rd in '25.

Is that realistic?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
If the Bears know that Fields is not the guy moving forward, do they look to trade him?

Sports mockery posted a guy at the Athletic who thought you could get a 2nd in '24 and a conditional 3rd in '25.

Is that realistic?

Maybe from Atlanta.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that realistic?

Maybe from Atlanta.

I think that is one of the assumptions.

I would think if you can get a 2nd and a 3rd for him you take it immediately.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If you are sure he isn't the guy, you make the deal if you can get even one of those.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Is that realistic?

yes.

There will be a market if he is made available. I think they will get more than the above.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that realistic?

yes.

There will be a market if he is made available. I think they will get more than the above.

So will they trade him by the deadline?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:43 pm 

theyll trade him at the end of the year. i dont think making a move now will make any difference, unless he continues to shell up and get worse. its not like we have to worry about him silent quitting on us, that would be financial suicide for him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:55 am 
1000 CLUB

This is just an absolutely brutal play by Fields. It's his third year in the NFL, and he still can't deal with an obvious blitz.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:13 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that realistic?

yes.

Why would you give up anything more than a low second or high third for Fields?

In his 30 NFL starts, he has performed well as a passer in only a few portions of games. It's clear that he struggles against blitzes and zone coverage. He's less accomplished than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was at the same stage of his career. What kind of market was there for him?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
At this point give Fields 20M for the option, trade away both picks and start beefing up these shit lines. Let fields get killed and start building something sustainable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:38 pm 

at this point put a boot in his ass and make sure to slam the door in his ass too

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
We are seeing the ceiling and have seen the floor, want a little more consistence from Fields, there always seems to be a key drive early in the second half where makes a big mistake which turns the game, he did not do that last night and was able to throw the ball away to avoid sacks.

The current rules make the NFL a somewhat simple game, if you have a top WR all you have to do is get the ball in his general vicinity and he will either catch it or draw a PI, you also cannot reroute him or you will draw an illegal contact or holding call, the top QB's know how to work the rules.

Its as simple as this. No quarterback can win with a horrible offensive line and weak running game. The Bear's have both of those things with all of the injuries that they have suffered at rb and oline. In that game against the Viks, they win that game with a good pair of running backs and a good offensive line. Period.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
TriColoredPastas wrote:
At this point give Fields 20M for the option, trade away both picks and start beefing up these shit lines. Let fields get killed and start building something sustainable.

What?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:50 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Its as simple as this. No quarterback can win with a horrible offensive line and weak running game. The Bear's have both of those things with all of the injuries that they have suffered at rb and oline. In that game against the Viks, they win that game with a good pair of running backs and a good offensive line. Period.

watch the fucking games dipshit. fields can have 10 seconds in the pocket and still get sacked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:54 pm 

The Doctor of Love wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

What?!

you can elaborate on a forum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

watch the fucking games dipshit. fields can have 10 seconds in the pocket and still get sacked.

He held the ball for 6.9 seconds on the play he got injured on. There were receivers open. Tom Thayer literally shouted, "THROW THE BALL!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:07 pm 

I'll go first. You can use your top pick to take a qb and throw him into an unwinnable situation, even with the other pick landing harrison or bowers, and whatever dumbass coach replaces flus. Or, you could trade away both high picks for a gargantuan haul with the understanding that even if your top two picks worked out, you would still have an inept offensive line that should be reworked. The bears can easily give fields 20M on the option for one year. Let him be the sacrificial lamb while you try to sort out something that resembles a modern offense once he is killed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
TriColoredPastas wrote:
I'll go first. You can use your top pick to take a qb and throw him into an unwinnable situation, even with the other pick landing harrison or bowers, and whatever dumbass coach replaces flus. Or, you could trade away both high picks for a gargantuan haul with the understanding that even if your top two picks worked out, you would still have an inept offensive line that should be reworked. The bears can easily give fields 20M on the option for one year. Let him be the sacrificial lamb while you try to sort out something that resembles a modern offense once he is killed.

Ok, so the 1st go is a bad thought. Next!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Ok, so the 1st go is a bad thought. Next!

:lol:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I just want to see if the Bears offense has a better flow with Bagent in. I'm ot expecting him to be great or anything but I'm guessing we're going to find out that It wasn't the offense line or play calling, it was Fields holding onto the ball too long because he can't see wide open receivers.

Also, I wonder what the Bears coaching staff would tell us in private if someone asked them what they think about fields. I'm guessing they never really trusted him to begin with but they wanted to see him a full year before they moved on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:38 am 

Badgent will at least throw the ball to guys. They might not be totally open, the ball might be off the mark or late, but at least HE WILL THROW THE FUCKING BALL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that realistic?

yes.

Why would you give up anything more than a low second or high third for Fields?

In his 30 NFL starts, he has performed well as a passer in only a few portions of games. It's clear that he struggles against blitzes and zone coverage. He's less accomplished than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was at the same stage of his career. What kind of market was there for him?

I'm going to be real surprised if they get a 2nd for Fields.

If it's offered, they should take it and run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 146  Next