It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein toured a historic temple on a weekend vacation recently in Savannah Georgia. Then today in transition he mentioned he missed the White Sox final World Series game because he was at a temple service. Where the rabbi told him the White Sox had won. But he says "The Bible is a book of fairy tales".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

That World Series game end d at 10:30. Why was he in temple so late?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Also interested in Laurence saying something,

We know he likes to program each segment so that there is no surprise to what is said and each segment is scripted meaning they could have addressed the topic in unity which is also important to Laurence that everyone has the same opinion.

Sort of shocked that neither widely opinioned host can't speak to the horrors happening but spend segments calling people racists or championing gay pride tape.

I don't really care what either opine on, but they are cowards.

For this issue, they hide behind being a sports show when they take on Northwestern hazing issues and declare it's bigger than a sports issue because the entire university must address it. This was every day on the show for weeks. Northwestern says nothing for days and then gives a weak statement on this issue and Dan is more outraged about gay pride tape.

Says a lot about what they think.

Lawrence agrees with Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:
That World Series game ended at 10:30. Why was he in temple so late?

I heard wrong. Bernstein missed the ALCS AJ strikeout game he was at temple service. It was apparently Yom Kippur. A home Wednesday night game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:

We know he likes to program each segment so that there is no surprise to what is said and each segment is scripted meaning they could have addressed the topic in unity which is also important to Laurence that everyone has the same opinion.

Sort of shocked that neither widely opinioned host can't speak to the horrors happening but spend segments calling people racists or championing gay pride tape.

For this issue, they hide behind being a sports show when they take on Northwestern hazing issues and declare it's bigger than a sports issue because the entire university must address it. This was every day on the show for weeks. Northwestern says nothing for days and then gives a weak statement on this issue and Dan is more outraged about gay pride tape.

Lawrence agrees with Dan

Do you really want to hear these guys' take on the Isreal situation? Do you want them talking more current events/politics generally? I get it. They're pretty free with their left-leaning opinions, but never express some of their views that might be right-leaning, but the less political talk from these two, the better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Lawrence agrees with Dan

Do you really want to hear these guys' take on the Isreal situation? Do you want them talking more current events/politics generally? I get it. They're pretty free with their left-leaning opinions, but never express some of their views that might be right-leaning, but the less political talk from these two, the better.

I would agree with that, but it's certainly strange that bernstein won't touch the subject. It would seem like a natural moment to do VERY. SERIOUS. RADIO.

And it's a joke that the election of a pro-Israel New York real estate mogul with a Jewish daughter prompted hand-wringing as if we were on the verge of the Fourth Reich, but hundreds of thousands of people in Western capitols screaming "GAS THE JEWS!" isn't worth discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Lawrence agrees with Dan

This is all very tricky, you have groups openly calling for the destruction of Isreal, which really means wiping all the Jews off the face of the earth, but cannot talk about that because you are afraid you might screw up your SJW street cred with....well I guess with your fellow wokesters?

Then you have the Northwestern situation which checks all the SJW approved boxes, white guy done bad, a valued ivory tower institution impacted, and most significantly, minority players may have been oppressed. This is the quintessential SJW approved topic, a safe subject to discuss because if you say something to offend the wokesters they may cancel you, but the evil old white guys really do not care about what you say or do, it is also a great opportunity to prop up your buddies in the legal profession and have them on as...wait for it..."Experts", a win, win, win situation for wokey SJW types like Larry and Lil' Danny.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Lawrence agrees with Dan

I would agree with that, but it's certainly strange that bernstein won't touch the subject. It would seem like a natural moment to do VERY. SERIOUS. RADIO.

And it's a joke that the election of a pro-Israel New York real estate mogul with a Jewish daughter prompted hand-wringing as if we were on the verge of the Fourth Reich, but hundreds of thousands of people in Western capitols screaming "GAS THE JEWS!" isn't worth discussion.

I have no doubt that they consider themselves "VERY. SEROOUS. RADIO," but no one here views them that way, and I would suspect very few people in the wider listening audience view them that way. No one needs to hear what these guys think about anything other than sports, and no one is tuning in to hear their take on current events.

Also, if they did discuss the situation in Israel, I doubt anyone here is going to be satisfied. You're not going to hear some unequivocal full-throated defense of Israel.

I don't want to encourage these guys to feel compelled to weigh in on every non-sports topic of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I haven't heard any Score hosts even vaguely comment on the Israel-Palastine War. I would guess that corporate leadership has placed a prohibition on this topic. That's probably a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
I haven't heard any Score hosts even vaguely comment on the Israel-Palastine War. I would guess that corporate leadership has placed a prohibition on this topic. That's probably a good thing.

if only CFMB corporate would do the same

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein toured a historic temple on a weekend vacation recently in Savannah Georgia. Then today in transition he mentioned he missed the White Sox final World Series game because he was at a temple service. Where the rabbi told him the White Sox had won. But he says "The Bible is a book of fairy tales".

he must mean the new testament.

the burning bush and methusela's age were proven true by mythbusters in episode 969.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:44 am 

Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

if only CFMB corporate would do the same

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:27 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the burning bush and methusela's age were proven true by mythbusters in episode 969.

Nobody cares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Lawrence agrees with Dan

I do not care about their take on the war, but I am sure it will be something crazy.

I just find it interesting that these two, who love to tell you that they have to take on the serious issues, have nothing to say. I am guessing there is some awful analysis in there that would be pretty offensive to most people though. We have seen a lot of Democrats in the news for their comments defending Hamas (or at least both siding the recent attack on Israel).

I would prefer they stick to sports conversations, but we know they don't even do that with their constant social justice commentary and left wing politics.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

That would make sense. It can't be because these guys don't want to be middle east experts on a sports show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
BD wrote:
We have seen a lot of Democrats in the news for their comments defending Hamas (or at least both siding the recent attack on Israel).

I would prefer they stick to sports conversations, but we know they don't even do that with their constant social justice commentary and left wing politics.

dan is NOT going to defend Hamas.

But that's what's so cowardly about him not broaching the topic at all. He was very glib about the election of Trump being a danger to Jews when it so obviously wasn't, but now when massive swaths of the so-called civilized world including a seeming majority of Western academia and media are publicly and unabashedly calling for what amounts to a "Final Soultion," he doesn't have shit to say? I don't care what the suits have ordered, it seems like speaking out now would be worth risking one's job.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BD wrote:
We have seen a lot of Democrats in the news for their comments defending Hamas (or at least both siding the recent attack on Israel).

But that's what's so cowardly about him not broaching the topic at all. He was very glib about the election of Trump being a danger to Jews when it so obviously wasn't, but now when massive swaths of the so-called civilized world including a seeming majority of Western academia and media are publicly and unabashedly calling for what amounts to a "Final Soultion," he doesn't have shit to say? I don't care what the suits have ordered, it seems like speaking out now would be worth risking one's job.

Dan is above all else a company man. He will do what he's told.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BD wrote:

They are very (((crafty))).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I disagree that the bosses told Bernstein to keep his mouth shut on the war. Mitch isn't that type.

Bernstein knows on his own not to put his toe in this water. His past history has shown that he hates non jews. And he's made racist and homophobic comments in the past as well.

Yeah, he made that comment when Trump was president. Where he told his son that the Jews might be rounded up for another holocaust. Or that he wasn't sure that it wouldn't happen. Something like that. Kind of shows how he has taught his son to think. Pretty telling.

He probably regreted saying that. Not that he didn't believe it. He did. Which makes him insane. But he probably regretted saying it on the air. Bernstein reads a room very well almost always. That time he didn't. He wants to keep his job. So he'll shut up now.

Just like he knew that he needed to pretend to be woke. For years the racism never got him in trouble. He figured out the new climate quickly. And how that shit wouldn't fly anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:49 pm 

If talking about the Israel war didn't possibly effect his cash flow Bernstein would talk about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Lefties For Israel doesn't go down well with the peeps. Lot of Hollywooders standing with Israel got a ton of hate and had to sit down and shut up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:46 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Beardown wrote:
I disagree that the bosses told Bernstein to keep his mouth shut on the war. Mitch isn't that type.

Bernstein knows on his own not to put his toe in this water. His past history has shown that he hates non jews. And he's made racist and homophobic comments in the past as well.

Yeah, he made that comment when Trump was president. Where he told his son that the Jews might be rounded up for another holocaust. Or that he wasn't sure that it wouldn't happen. Something like that. Kind of shows how he has taught his son to think. Pretty telling.

He probably regreted saying that. Not that he didn't believe it. He did. Which makes him insane. But he probably regretted saying it on the air. Bernstein reads a room very well almost always. That time he didn't. He wants to keep his job. So he'll shut up now.

Just like he knew that he needed to pretend to be woke. For years the racism never got him in trouble. He figured out the new climate quickly. And how that shit wouldn't fly anymore.

he'd go off and he'd tear down blm/other fringe groups (paragliders on leaflets) for their support of the palestinians/recent massacres in israel, after historical jewish support - some jews murdered; for black-americans receiving fair play and civil rights in the usa. he may be tempted, but doing that would definitely make score mngt. feel very nervous. some members of the bulls/bears may decide to boycott the station. some muslim athletes may boycott the station. he can easily paint them as:

hypocrites, unintelligent, anti-semitic or all of those and it won't end well. we all know he's dying to give a fiery lecture.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's been a long road down from Skokie, hasn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's been a long road down from Skokie, hasn't it?

Dudes like Bernstein were so busy worrying about the imaginary evil white guys in MAGA hats that they missed the rampant antisemitism that was right in front of their faces in colleges across the country.

Will be up to Dan's hated white guys to protect him and fix all the stuff he and his fellow SJW's have messed up over the past several years, there is of course the very real possibility that the evil white dudes will just tell him, "Danny, you are on your own this time my friend", which would chase him to the only safe place for Jews in the world, so he better start doing some of Parko's "calculus" quickly.

The big problem is the current Republican crew is not exactly the old country club republican types that ignored previous idiotic left-wing behavior, no this group keeps receipts and will be much less sympathetic to the SJW's that are fleeing the useful idiot groups. The same thing is happening to the defund the police groups, who are now sprinting away from that foolish ideology as the enemies are at the gate of their left-wing citadels.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Dan classically working himself into a shoot about Tyson Bagent's dad, the arm-wrestler: WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT JUSTIN FIELDS'S DAD BEING AN ATLANTA COP? He went beyond rhetorical question and into being genuinely aggrieved.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Travis Bagent may be the most interesting man in the NFL right now.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Travis Bagent may be the most interesting man in the NFL right now.

plausible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I don't know how anyone can listen to this show. Dan is such a downer. What a prick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Holmes just said Bagent is basically the same guy as Craig Krenzel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Dan classically working himself into a shoot about Tyson Bagent's dad, the arm-wrestler: WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT JUSTIN FIELDS'S DAD BEING AN ATLANTA COP? He went beyond rhetorical question and into being genuinely aggrieved.

Tomorrow he will have Bagent’s father figuratively kneeling on the neck of George Floyd

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 94  Next