It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Chase Young cost a whole 2 rounds of the draft less, was 3 years younger, overall just better, and currently having the best season of his career

I'm with you on this. I would have preferred to gamble a 3rd on a broken Chase Young.

Especially when when you consider the Bears second is likely "Top 40". The 49ers 4th will be bottom 3rd of the 4th round.

Hell, if they're trading picks, Bears should have gave up their 4th and picked up both Young and Sweat. Go all-in. Bears 4th would have been 15+ spots better for Washington than the 49ers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Chase Young cost a whole 2 rounds of the draft less, was 3 years younger, overall just better, and currently having the best season of his career

I'm with you on this. I would have preferred to gamble a 3rd on a broken Chase Young.

Especially when when you consider the Bears second is likely "Top 40". The 49ers 4th will be bottom 3rd of the 4th round.

Hell, if they're trading picks, Bears should have gave up their 4th and picked up both Young and Sweat. Go all-in. Bears 4th would have been 15+ spots better for Washington than the 49ers.

If both players leave in free agency, both teams would get a 3rd round compensatory pick.The Redskins are essentially dumping Chase.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:15 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

or better yet, gave up their 4th for Young and signed Sweat in FA next year. Bad trade. Fireable if they don't sign hiim to a contract.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

They gave up a 3rd for Chase.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:20 pm 

how do they not have a deal in principal

dangerous game they are playing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

I agree. Maybe they're waiting until after the deadline or looking trying to get a physical done. It's definitely odd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree. Maybe they're waiting until after the deadline or looking trying to get a physical done. It's definitely odd.

I’m a big fire-Ryan-Poles guy but even I don’t think he’s dumb enough to do this without having a contract lined up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:29 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Other than answering with "it's the Bears"...

Would love to be Sweat's agent right now. Short of Sweat holding out for completely insane money, Poles basically has to give them whatever contract they ask for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I’m a big fire-Ryan-Poles guy but even I don’t think he’s dumb enough to do this without having a contract lined up.

Caller Bob is one too, but he's wanted Poles to trade a 3rd round pick for a disabled player who has only played 1/3 of their games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah I'll be surprised if they don't have a deal in place before season is over. They had to know what it will take before the trade happened.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like Jaylon Johnson isn't being traded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nas wrote:

I forgot where I heard it today but the comment was that nobody was going to give the Bears anything more than what the compensatory pick would be if they just keep him and let him walk at the end of the year. So keep him and let him figure out that the Bears will still pay him the most in FA at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:

breaking news

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nas wrote:

I forgot where I heard it today but the comment was that nobody was going to give the Bears anything more than what the compensatory pick would be if they just keep him and let him walk at the end of the year. So keep him and let him figure out that the Bears will still pay him the most in FA at the end of the day.

Results Douglas got traded for a 3rd. Johnson is worth more than him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Caller Bob is one too, but he's wanted Poles to trade a 3rd round pick for a disabled player who has only played 1/3 of their games.

That's because they are both members of the:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Had the Bears locking up the center position for the next 10 years by taking Van Pran with that early second round pick in my initial mock draft.

This just seems like an odd move given the fact that Poles reached for a need last season by giving away a second rounder for Claypool and it blew up in his face. Does Sweat help you win one more game, if so does that really do anything for your franchise long term? Get a feeling that Warren sat Poles down after the Sunday night debacle and told him to either get his ass moving on improving this roster or get busy looking for another job.

The biggest problem I have with this move is that Poles has not exactly proven himself at pro player evaluation, he's made a few meek attempts to go after big name guys, but has either settled for 4th or 5th tier FA's, or swung and missed on guys like Claypool and Edmunds. He had Foreman, who looks to be one of his better signings, buried on the bench.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 pm 

why would you pay such a high price without the contract extension? No one would give a 2 just for 9 games in a losing season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:34 pm 

why would you pay such a high price without the contract extension? No one would give a 2 just for 9 games in a losing season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

I think Sweat will be signed within a few days (and definitely before free agency). There's no way they trade for him without a desire and willingness to lock him up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Poles getting fleeced 2 years in a row now.. fucking hell. I’ve seen enough of this idiot -he can’t evaluate talent, can’t evaluate proper risk/value in trades and definitely can’t identify a good coach.. do we really need to sit thru another 2 or 3 years of this shit?

Fire this moron before he does any more damage and go get Harbaugh already..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Had the Bears locking up the center position for the next 10 years by taking Van Pran with that early second round pick in my initial mock draft.

This just seems like an odd move given the fact that Poles reached for a need last season by giving away a second rounder for Claypool and it blew up in his face. Does Sweat help you win one more game, if so does that really do anything for your franchise long term? Get a feeling that Warren sat Poles down after the Sunday night debacle and told him to either get his ass moving on improving this roster or get busy looking for another job.

The biggest problem I have with this move is that Poles has not exactly proven himself at pro player evaluation, he's made a few meek attempts to go after big name guys, but has either settled for 4th or 5th tier FA's, or swung and missed on guys like Claypool and Edmunds. He had Foreman, who looks to be one of his better signings, buried on the bench.

I don't think Warren is dictating that the Bears make big moves and Poles was clearly comfortable with trading draft picks despite the Claypool debacle.

There may be some calculated risk that the team is going to finish in the top 5 and will likely have 2 picks in the top 7 or 8 (or better) so they recoup this 2nd round pick via draft trades.

Moves like this imply some level of security for Poles (too me). He can also have a reset if they do move on from Fields after the season with a high pick.

My concern with a move like this is the improvement in the team's record. If this move has an impact, the Bears could go from a top 5 pick to a pick in the top 10-12. If Sweat improves this defense and Fields comes back healthy, this team will probably win a few more games with team like GB, Minnesota, Arizona and Carolina still up. The Bears are still in the same general area as these teams, but will probably add 2-3 more wins if they are actively improving at key positions during the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:44 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
If you recall the last time the Bears traded a 2nd rounder for a young DLineman in season, he promptly died

lmfao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Poles getting fleeced 2 years in a row now.. fucking hell. I’ve seen enough of this idiot -he can’t evaluate talent, can’t evaluate proper risk/value in trades and definitely can’t identify a good coach.. do we really need to sit thru another 2 or 3 years of this shit?

Do we know he got fleeced?

Considering Washington traded Chase Young also today, I would guess that Sweat would have been moved to another team for similar compensation.

I would prefer they have him locked up as part of the deal, but the value would have likely been similar with other teams.

Now, if Sweat comes here and doesn't produce, that will look awful for Poles and could put him on the firing line. They can't head into the off-season with Sweat not producing and then having to pay him. That would be a bad look obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:53 pm 

BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I don't think Warren is dictating that the Bears make big moves and Poles was clearly comfortable with trading draft picks despite the Claypool debacle.

There may be some calculated risk that the team is going to finish in the top 5 and will likely have 2 picks in the top 7 or 8 (or better) so they recoup this 2nd round pick via draft trades.

Moves like this imply some level of security for Poles (too me). He can also have a reset if they do move on from Fields after the season with a high pick.

My concern with a move like this is the improvement in the team's record. If this move has an impact, the Bears could go from a top 5 pick to a pick in the top 10-12. If Sweat improves this defense and Fields comes back healthy, this team will probably win a few more games with team like GB, Minnesota, Arizona and Carolina still up. The Bears are still in the same general area as these teams, but will probably add 2-3 more wins if they are actively improving at key positions during the season.

The Bears can’t really move on from Fields unless they land in the top 2-3 picks.. if they land outside of that they’re cooked as far as QB unless they bet the farm.. I too think Poles believes he can get a 2nd back in a trade this year draft wise but that also tips his hand a bit on making a trade not to mention continuously trading back in the 1st gives you less swings at top impact players in the draft. You’d have to give up a shot at a generational type talent like Marvin Harrison Jr to do that, and that’s not a smart use of the picks the Bears have.

It’s already come out that Houston tried to trade up one spot with the Bears last draft (proving they could have traded multiple times to maximize that pick).. everything we’ve seen play out with Poles so far indicates he doesn’t learn from past mistakes and doesn’t seem to have the patience he tries to project for a proper rebuild -and that’s costing the Bears value when he makes dumb decisions like this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:58 pm 

BD wrote:
NME wrote:

Do we know he got fleeced?

Considering Washington traded Chase Young also today, I would guess that Sweat would have been moved to another team for similar compensation.

I would prefer they have him locked up as part of the deal, but the value would have likely been similar with other teams.

Now, if Sweat comes here and doesn't produce, that will look awful for Poles and could put him on the firing line. They can't head into the off-season with Sweat not producing and then having to pay him. That would be a bad look obviously.

No, the value is different because no teams drafting as high as the Bears were looking to make that trade. Also, one shouldn’t be concerned with what other teams are trying to do and how it benefits them -let that be their problem.

The Bears are a 2-6 team in the middle of a rebuild who just gave up a valuable draft asset to acquire a player they have to sign right away rather than wait till the season is up, keep their 2nd and go into free agency with the biggest amount of cap room.

This dude is playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think Sweat will be signed within a few days (and definitely before free agency). There's no way they trade for him without a desire and willingness to lock him up.

But Sweat has all of the leverage now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:29 pm 

When evaluating the draft, people really should understand that both Nix and Pennix will also go top 10 and probably top 5 to go with Maye and Williamson. Marvin Harrison is the only other person that will break up that group. Maybe you get that PSU OT. It's going to be just like last year and there will be trade down opportunities with all 4.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
When evaluating the draft, people really should understand that both Nix and Pennix will also go top 10 and probably top 5 to go with Maye and Williamson. Marvin Harrison is the only other person that will break up that group. Maybe you get that PSU OT. It's going to be just like last year and there will be trade down opportunities with all 4.

Bowers will be available too

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
You really hope you get a shot at Maye or Williams, if you do not you will be looking at the second-tier guys like McCarthy, Sander, Nix, or Penix, not sure if any of them other than Nix (who is the prototypical white QB that Nas loves), really are franchise level like the first two guys.

The next HC will likely not be happy they pissed away the early second round pick, that could have been packaged to move up into the late 1st round, or used for a guy with first round talent that slipped. You have also locked yourself into paying Sweat whatever he wants which will limit what you can do in free agency.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
You really hope you get a shot at Maye or Williams, if you do not you will be looking at the second-tier guys like McCarthy, Sander, Nix, or Penix, not sure if any of them other than Nix (who is the prototypical white QB that Nas loves), really are franchise level like the first two guys.

The next HC will likely not be happy they pissed away the early second round pick, that could have been packaged to move up into the late 1st round, or used for a guy with first round talent that slipped. You have also locked yourself into paying Sweat whatever he wants which will limit what you can do in free agency.

Williams is the only QB talent in this class and I’m pretty sure Arizona, the Pack or Denver will get him at this point.

The rest are bums.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 47  Next