It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
TEA wants to draft Fields again. Sad!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:12 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
You really hope you get a shot at Maye or Williams, if you do not you will be looking at the second-tier guys like McCarthy, Sander, Nix, or Penix, not sure if any of them other than Nix (who is the prototypical white QB that Nas loves), really are franchise level like the first two guys.

The next HC will likely not be happy they pissed away the early second round pick, that could have been packaged to move up into the late 1st round, or used for a guy with first round talent that slipped. You have also locked yourself into paying Sweat whatever he wants which will limit what you can do in free agency.

Williams is the only QB talent in this class and I’m pretty sure Arizona, the Pack or Denver will get him at this point.

The rest are bums.

Penix will be the best in the class unless Caleb meets his potential and isn't a diva.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
You really hope you get a shot at Maye or Williams, if you do not you will be looking at the second-tier guys like McCarthy, Sander, Nix, or Penix, not sure if any of them other than Nix (who is the prototypical white QB that Nas loves), really are franchise level like the first two guys.

The next HC will likely not be happy they pissed away the early second round pick, that could have been packaged to move up into the late 1st round, or used for a guy with first round talent that slipped. You have also locked yourself into paying Sweat whatever he wants which will limit what you can do in free agency.

Williams is the only QB talent in this class and I’m pretty sure Arizona, the Pack or Denver will get him at this point.

The rest are bums.

Penix will be the best in the class unless Caleb meets his potential and isn't a diva.

Sure, use 1/1 to draft a 24yr old with two torn ACLs.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The rest are bums.

You gotta admit it would be a very ‘Bears’ thing to do

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:53 am 

Brick wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The rest are bums.

I wouldn't draft him 1/1. You said the rest of the QBs in the class are bums.

He has been injury free for two years now assuming he finishes this year able to walk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:55 am 
100000 CLUB

They will announce a Johnson and Sweat extension.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick really likes Penix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Surprised Nas has not started lobbying for Nix, he's the type of grindy mcwhitepants guy he likes, this year's Levis?

Thought I saw a picture on social media of Nas proudly wearing his Levis jersey at The Larry Horse Bar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:17 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Surprised Nas has not started lobbying for Nix, he's the type of grindy mcwhitepants guy he likes, this year's Levis?

Thought I saw a picture on social media of Nas proudly wearing his Levis jersey at The Larry Horse Bar.

You should have seen my erection on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:27 am 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Was talking draft with a few of my Packer fan friends and they like Bo Nix if the Pack is drafting in the 8-12 range, they have already given up on Love.

Know it's early, but is Nix on the watch list for your yearly grindy mcwhitepants QB award?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:29 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

The rest are bums.

Correct or incorrect, they will still go very high in the draft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Was talking draft with a few of my Packer fan friends and they like Bo Nix if the Pack is drafting in the 8-12 range, they have already given up on Love.

Know it's early, but is Nix on the watch list for your yearly grindy mcwhitepants QB award?

I didn't like him last year. Maybe something will change when I do my rankings for the 2024 draft. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:50 am 

I don't think Nix or Levis are grindy. Sure he plays hard but he has an elite arm, better than anyone in the draft last year. Nix definitely isn't grindy. He was a top recruit to Auburn who was good but not as good as his rating after two years so they booed him out of town. He's been fantastic at Oregon.

The pennix injuries are definitely something to think about. However, that guy made Indiana good, which is a near impossible task. I certainly don't want to see either of these guys on the Packers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:07 am 

Still think you have to take a shot at one of the franchise LT guys with one of your early picks. Jones is an average LT, but you rarely get a chance to shore up that slot for a long period of time, take a look at how Purdy looks without Trent Williams.

The Penn State kid has rare quickness for a guy his size, great feet, looks like an elite prospect, the ND is massive, either one of those guys gives you a top player at LT for 5-10 years, you then just need to find a center and you have drastically upgraded your line.

Would love to get Harrison or Bowers but doubt you will have the two top three picks needed to get your QB and Harrison, and there are way too many needs to take a TE in the top 5, so he is a luxury you cannot afford at this point.

Trading the second-round pick could be a fireable offense if they cannot lock up Sweat, a couple buddies have talked me off the ledge a bit about the trade by pointing out Sweat is way better than any of the DE's coming out next year, but that early second could have been your center for the next ten years, also had several upside WR's on my list that should be there early in the second.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:14 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Nix or Levis are grindy. Sure he plays hard but he has an elite arm, better than anyone in the draft last year. Nix definitely isn't grindy. He was a top recruit to Auburn who was good but not as good as his rating after two years so they booed him out of town. He's been fantastic at Oregon.

The pennix injuries are definitely something to think about. However, that guy made Indiana good, which is a near impossible task. I certainly don't want to see either of these guys on the Packers.

I am not privy to the rating system that Nas uses, but would think Nix gets points for his haircut, overcoming injuries, and his name.

There is some strong competition this year, Riley Leonard (is there a whiter name than Riley), Phil Jurkovec (mega points for last name), and Michael Pratt (points for being the same size as Levis who is the prototype).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Still think you have to take a shot at one of the franchise LT guys with one of your early picks. Jones is an average LT, but you rarely get a chance to shore up that slot for a long period of time, take a look at how Purdy looks without Trent Williams.

The Penn State kid has rare quickness for a guy his size, great feet, looks like an elite prospect, the ND is massive, either one of those guys gives you a top player at LT for 5-10 years, you then just need to find a center and you have drastically upgraded your line.

Would love to get Harrison or Bowers but doubt you will have the two top three picks needed to get your QB and Harrison, and there are way too many needs to take a TE in the top 5, so he is a luxury you cannot afford at this point.

Trading the second-round pick could be a fireable offense if they cannot lock up Sweat, a couple buddies have talked me off the ledge a bit about the trade by pointing out Sweat is way better than any of the DE's coming out next year, but that early second could have been your center for the next ten years, also had several upside WR's on my list that should be there early in the second.

LT will probably make more sense if they’re picking around 8. I don’t see how they can prioritize getting a guy who relies on the QB to perform and then figure out QB later.

In terms of Sweat, the good thing about the NFL is that it’s not like they have to let the guy walk. They may have to eat an overpay on a franchise tag for a couple years, but they can still keep him a Bear if they want.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:30 am 

I'll feel much more confident about the trade once/if they sign him. He will outplay a second round pick value but you have to keep him in house.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:34 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I'll feel much more confident about the trade once/if they sign him. He will outplay a second round pick value but you have to keep him in house.

Johnston!
He'll be a Bear. He's too old to take the tag gamble.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:34 am 

As of now your DE FA list is not great.

Chase Young, but if he shows anything he's gonna be expensive.

There will be the same opportunity to bring in older guys, especially at DT, but one-year fixes.

Could pay Connor Williams to solidify your center spot, the new HC will likely have a ton of say in how they approach this spot which will be very important if you draft a QB.

The time of pissing away cap room on 4-5 tier FA's to put bodies in spots should be over, it is time to bring in legit top-level talent, it will cost you, but you have been a bottom 5 franchise for the past 3 plus years, so time to use all those resources..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
As of now your DE FA list is not great.

Chase Young, but if he shows anything he's gonna be expensive.

There will be the same opportunity to bring in older guys, especially at DT, but one-year fixes.

Could pay Connor Williams to solidify your center spot, the new HC will likely have a ton of say in how they approach this spot which will be very important if you draft a QB.

The time of pissing away cap room on 4-5 tier FA's to put bodies in spots should be over, it is time to bring in legit top-level talent, it will cost you, but you have been a bottom 5 franchise for the past 3 plus years, so time to use all those resources..

Chase Young allegedly failed 4 medical reviews. He's not getting paid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
edit i found the other thread, please delete.

RB coach fired, HR invovlement just like alan williams... i presume FBI through peanut tillman contacted virginia to give her a heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I assumed that before the trade Poles had convernstaions with Sweat's agent about the parameters of an extension...what a fucking shit show

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:05 am 

If Poles fails to sign Sweat to an extension after giving up a 2nd round pick for him then he should be fired ASAP. That is completely inexcusable

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
If Poles fails to sign Sweat to an extension after giving up a 2nd round pick for him then he should be fired ASAP. That is completely inexcusable

The tag is an option. It'll only be for $20M. They'll get something done.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Reportedly, the Redskins hated Chase and loved Sweat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Why are they giving up draft capital on a middle of the pack guy who will be a free agent?

People are saying they gave up the pick so they have a better chance of signing him to a long-term deal without overpaying. Do you think this guy is in a rush to sign with the Bears when they currently have two coaches that got fired for watching porn? LOL

When you are a poorly run organization you have no leverage. No leverage with free agents or players that you control.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:05 am 

Really surprised Warren let Poles burn through draft capital when Poles could be launched with the rest of the coaching staff.

They let Pace do the same desperation type moves and it set your franchise back 3-5 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:09 am 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Why are they giving up draft capital on a middle of the pack guy who will be a free agent?

People are saying they gave up the pick so they have a better chance of signing him to a long-term deal without overpaying. Do you think this guy is in a rush to sign with the Bears when they currently have two coaches that got fired for watching porn? LOL

When you are a poorly run organization you have no leverage. No leverage with free agents or players that you control.

Sweat doesn't have any leverage either. He'll be 28 next season. The Bears can tag him. He'll be 29 when he could sign a long-term deal in free agency. Not many 29 year old players get huge contracts in free agency. There's also the injury risk for a DE. He'll be signed.

He wasn't going to make it to free agency. The Falcons were offering a 2nd, he has family in Atlanta, and wanted to play there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The tag option gives the Bears lots of leverage. But if they give up a second and sign this guy, but let Johnson walk (did not cost a pick now to get), then it is dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:15 am 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
The tag option gives the Bears lots of leverage. But if they give up a second and sign this guy, but let Johnson walk (did not cost a pick now to get), then it is dumb.

Yeah, Johnson has more leverage than Sweat, but I believe the Bears could place the transition tag on him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 47  Next