It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:10 pm 

I have an interesting take. Virginia maclaskys crotch rot smells so bad it's effecting the cheerleaders

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Read better

Well, since we know the current roster isn't better than what we had in 2021, you must be talking about future draft picks and existing cap space.

Now take a look at what Poles has done with actual draft picks and free agent signings.

If he's the guy to make those future picks and use that existing cap space, then it's hard to conclude that he's better than Pace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Well, since we know the current roster isn't better than what we had in 2021, you must be talking about future draft picks and existing cap space.

Now take a look at what Poles has done with actual draft picks and free agent signings.

If he's the guy to make those future picks and use that existing cap space, then it's hard to conclude that he's better than Pace.

Better offensive players:
Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Better defensive players:
Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:20 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Moore and Wright are good. The rest are mostly "just guys" at best. Poles has acquired exactly ONE impact player using the draft, trades and ample cap space as talent acquisition strategies. There is no evidence he is anything better than a below average talent evaluator.

Also: Jenkins was a Pace acquisition, remains the Bears' best offensive lineman, and has stayed on the Bears' roster only by chance.

The fact that the team is on Pace to win maybe 4 games this year says more than anything else about the Bears ostensibly "improved" roster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Moore and Wright are good. The rest are mostly "just guys". Poles has acquired exactly ONE impact player using the draft, trades and ample cap space as talent acquisition strategies. There is no evidence he is anything better than a below average talent evaluator.

Drafting NFL quality players is a bad thing? How many NFL GMs are drafting multiple impact players every year? Show me how 20+ teams have drafted better than Poles over the past 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Moore and Wright are good. The rest are mostly "just guys". Poles has acquired exactly ONE impact player using the draft, trades and ample cap space as talent acquisition strategies. There is no evidence he is anything better than a below average talent evaluator.

Drafting NFL quality players is a bad thing? How many NFL GMs are drafting multiple impact players every year? Show me how 20+ teams have drafted better than Poles over the past 2 seasons.

Poles has avoided taking big swings so far, but he has a rare chance to make two picks in the top 10 in the draft and will have to find guys that are Pro Bowl level talents and not just solid NFL players.

Do see why you fell in love with Levis, kid has rare arm talent, and he was the prototypical grindy mcwhitepants QB last night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Where is this mass influx of "NFL quality players" you are boating about?

Brisker is just a guy who looks like he will be out of the league in a year due to a concussion problem that began in college.
Gordon continues to be below average.
Davis spends more time in the tub than he does on the field.
Jenkins is a Pace guy that Poles has never wanted, yet he remains the Bears' best offensive lineman.
You are listing Velus Jones as an asset to the team? Be serious.
Sanborn is imminently replaceable.
Edwards has been inconsistent at best.

It's a little early to tell what Bagent is, and I need to see Sweat in a Bears uniform before I proclaim him to be a good acquisition. Many thought Poles made a good move when he traded for Claypool, but he was awful on the Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Read better

Bagent
Moore
Wright
Davis
Jenkins
Jones

Brisker
Twinkle Toes
Sweat
Sanborn
Edwards

Where is this mass influx of "NFL quality players" you are boating about?

Brisker is just a guy who looks like he will be out of the league in a year due to a concussion problem that began in college.
Gordon continues to be below average.
Davis spends more time in the tub than he does on the field.
Jenkins is a Pace guy that Poles has never wanted, yet he remains the Bears' best offensive lineman.
You are listing Velus Jones as an asset to the team? Be serious.
Sanborn is imminently replaceable.
Edwards has been inconsistent at best.

It's a little early to tell what Bagent is, and I need to see Sweat in a Bears uniform before I proclaim him to be a good acquisition. Many thought Poles made a good move when he traded for Claypool, but he was awful on the Bears.

I listed the players who are better at their position than what existed before Poles arrived.

Jones = Braxton

I'm still waiting for the 20+ GMs that have drafted better over the past 18 months.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
I listed the players who are better at their position than what existed before Poles arrived.

Jones = Braxton

I'm still waiting for the 20+ GMs that have drafted better over the past 18 months.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the roster, especially since you seem to think that Jenkins was drafted by Poles.

From what I have seen so far, Poles has drafted one player, Darnell Wright, who is above average at his position.

I'm sure there are plenty of GMs who have a better track record than that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:17 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jones = Braxton

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the roster, especially since you seem to think that Jenkins was drafted by Poles.

From what I have seen so far, Poles has drafted one player, Darnell Wright, who is above average at his position.

Again, I listed the players who are better at their position than what existed. You can compare the rosters. Jenkins was miscast as a RT under Pace. He plays G now.

You're free to list the 20+ teams that have drafted better or had a worst hand than Poles and are currently better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jones = Braxton

Again, I listed the players who are better at their position than what existed. You can compare the rosters. Jenkins was miscast as a RT under Pace. He plays G now.

You're free to list the 20+ teams that have drafted better or had a worst hand than Poles and are currently better.

:lol: You are counting Jenkins as an upgrade over Pace's roster because he was "miscast" by Pace as a right tackle?

#1 You can't count a Pace pick as a Poles roster upgrade
#2 I'm not sure Jenkins was miscast as a RT. It looks to me like he would be a better RT than Wright.

As for your demand that I list 20 teams that have drafted better than Poles, I'll let you do that. Just go find teams that have drafted more than one above average player over the past two years.

I should also add that your focus on proving that Poles is better than Pace is a bit comical since Pace was FIRED because he sucked. Set your sights a little higher.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jones = Braxton

:lol: You are counting Jenkins as an upgrade over Pace's roster because he was "miscast" by Pace as a right tackle?

#2 I'm not sure Jenkins was miscast as a RT. It looks to me like he would be a better RT than Wright.

As for your demand that I list 20 teams that have drafted better than Poles, I'll let you do that. Just go find teams that have drafted more than one above average player over the past two years.

I should also add that your focus on proving that Poles is better than Pace is a bit comical since Pace was FIRED because he sucked. Set your sights a little higher.

I listed the players who are currently better at their positions than what existed when Poles arrived. You haven't refuted it. Why?

You stated Poles is a below talent evaluator and shouldn't be trusted to draft. It's your responsibility to show your work. You refuse to..

When someone states Pace was better than Poles, and I disagree, I should be able to articulate why. I have.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jones = Braxton

I listed the players who are currently better at their positions than what existed when Poles arrived. You haven't refuted it. Why?

You stated Poles is a below talent evaluator and shouldn't be trusted to draft. It's your responsibility to show your work. You refuse to..

When someone states Pace was better than Poles, and I disagree, I should be able to articulate why. I have.

I haven't ranked Poles among his peers because it's pretty obvious that his drafts haven't to this point proven to be good.

Aside from Wright, who are the above average players has drafted for the Bears?

There aren't any.

Case closed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

I listed 11 players who are currently better at their positions than what existed when Poles arrived. Ten of them are Poles acquisitions. You said Poles is a below average talent evaluator. You're unwilling or unable to show your work.

At least I have you down for Jenkins being better than Wright. That's something we can evaluate going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

I just looked up the 2021 roster. The only starters on this team better than what they had on a pitiful 2021 squad are Moore, Wright, Stevenson and maybe Edwards.

Poles is even worse than I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Even if Poles’ picks are “upgrades,” that doesn’t mean they’re good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
I just looked up the 2021 roster. The only starters on this team better than what they had on a pitiful 2021 squad are Moore, Wright, Stevenson and maybe Edwards.

Bagent > Fields
Davis > Daniels
Jenkins > Whitehair
Wright > Borom
Braxton > LT
Sweat > Quinn
Edwards > Ogletree
Sanborn > No comparable position
Stevenson > Vildor
Brisker > Gipson
Twinkle Toes > Whoever played nickel
Gill > O'Donnell

Edit: Moore > Entire team

Last edited by Nas on Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Even if Poles’ picks are “upgrades,” that doesn’t mean they’re good.

He's in Year 1 of rebuilding arguably the worst roster/assets in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: John's
*Year 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
*Year 2

Last year was the teardown.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:39 am 

It doesn't work like that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Would you rather have Sweat and Wright or Jalen Carter and a 2nd round pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Will Part-time Carter play this week?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Bagent > Fields
Davis > Daniels
Jenkins > Whitehair
Wright > Borom
Braxton > LT
Sweat > Quinn
Edwards > Ogletree
Sanborn > No comparable position
Stevenson > Vildor
Brisker > Gipson
Twinkle Toes > Whoever played nickel
Gill > O'Donnell

Edit: Moore > Entire team

Bagent is not the starter. The comparison would be to Dalton, who is far superior to Bagent. Advantage: Pace.
Daniels played well in his final season with the Bears; Davis has barely played at all. Advantage: Pace.
You can't count Jenkins as a Poles upgrade since he was acquired by Pace. Advantage: Pace.
Wright is obviously an upgrade over Borom. Advantage: Poles.
Braxton Jones isn't as good as an old and decrepit Jason Peters. Advantage: Pace.
Sweat hasn't played yet, though he's a good acquisition in theory. So was Claypool. No clear advantage on this one.
Edwards may have a slight advantage over Ogletree. Neither is particularly impressive. Advantage: No one.
Sanborn is a guy.
Stevenson is definitely better than Vildor. Advantage: Poles.
Isn't Gipson starting for the 49ers? Brisker is oft-injured and consistently inconsistent. Advantage: Pace.
Gordon isn't very good. Advantage: No one.
Gill is a slightly better punter than O'Donnell, but he's still not that great. Advantage: Poles.

Pace wins 5-3.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:59 pm 

Have to factor in all the draft capital Pace wasted and the bad FA paper that Poles had to get rid of in his first year.

My biggest problem with Poles is that he ignored glaring holes on the roster that could have been shored up in FA or the draft, failed to pull the trigger on a few FA deals and then inexplicably doubled down at DT in the draft when you desperately needed a center.

Have thought all along that George gave Poles two years to tank, but the hapless efforts early in the season apparently derailed that a bit, and having two coaches launched for inappropriate behavior does not exactly make you look like you know what you are doing as a GM.

Think it gets down to whoever the next HC hire, if it's a big name guy, he likely would require they hire the GM he wants, a first time HC likely would not have that kind of swag and you would get another year of Poles.

If the team only wins one or two more games, it would be hard to sell bringing back anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Poles didn't sound like a guy trying to save his job on Wednesday. I'm still not sold on Sweat, but like the Cole Kmet deal, I don't have to like every decision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Have to factor in all the draft capital Pace wasted and the bad FA paper that Poles had to get rid of in his first year.

My biggest problem with Poles is that he ignored glaring holes on the roster that could have been shored up in FA or the draft, failed to pull the trigger on a few FA deals and then inexplicably doubled down at DT in the draft when you desperately needed a center.

Have thought all along that George gave Poles two years to tank, but the hapless efforts early in the season apparently derailed that a bit, and having two coaches launched for inappropriate behavior does not exactly make you look like you know what you are doing as a GM.

Think it gets down to whoever the next HC hire, if it's a big name guy, he likely would require they hire the GM he wants, a first time HC likely would not have that kind of swag and you would get another year of Poles.

If the team only wins one or two more games, it would be hard to sell bringing back anyone.

Cap space and draft picks are only as valuable as the players they become. So far, Poles doesn't have a very good track record of turning theoretical value into actual value.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:53 am 

Poles entered last offseason knowing he needed to find starting level players at four offensive line spots and four defensive line spots.

We now have maybe three of those eight spots filled with consistent NFL starting level players, so still a ton of work to do just to bring your lines up to NFL replacement player level. Wright is the only guy on the offensive line that looks like a solid and consistent NFL starter, Jenkins and Davis are oft injured, your LT is a borderline NFL starter, and still the gaping hole at center. Sweat and Billings give you two competent guys on the D line, rest of the guys are backups on a good team.

One would have to think that Poles would be smart enough not to set up his first round QB for failure behind this offensive line, and will draft or sign at least two starters. You then have to pay for another DT or DE and those do not come cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jenkins has turned into an absolute mauler on the offensive line. Will Poles ever draft anyone as good as he is?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:17 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Jenkins has turned into an absolute mauler on the offensive line. Will Poles ever draft anyone as good as he is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47  Next