It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:54 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I completely disagree with Terry on the subject of Knight. But Terry sounds great

Like, great-great or great for a _______.

I mean just with his age alone he is not like when he was at his B&B prime. But for all his health issues and such he sounds great.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I agree. He sounded much better than I was expecting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
he did sound better than the last few times where he essentially was a Terry See-N-Say.

His best stuff is off the cuff and asking him for specific content is never the best way to use him. They ought to bring him in once a week and let him go for four hours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree
City of Fools wrote:
They ought to bring him in once a week and let him go for four hours.

Or they could... no no don't shake your head yet let me... let me say it first then you can ya know respond ok geeze... or they could not do that at all. And never have him on again.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Larry Holmes is openly ridiculing listeners for comparing Bagent to Drew Brees.

He has not provided an update on whether or not he still contends that Justin Fields will be "better than Drew Brees."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:12 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Larry Holmes is openly ridiculing listeners for comparing Bagent to Drew Brees.

He has not provided an update on whether or not he still contends that Justin Fields will be "better than Drew Brees."

:lol: yeah they have been something so far.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dominos
Does anyone think that Laurence knows that Leila makes more than double than he does? Also, why is he so obsessed with Dorsey’s money?? So fucking strange.
It is very difficult to hear Bernstein talk about paying large tuition bills for his kids when he has made over $15 M and his kids are obviously very smart and large scholarships. He doesn’t understand that many people who make much less than him actually struggle to pay tuition for their kids.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:29 pm 

aywcpb wrote:
Does anyone think that Laurence knows that Leila makes more than double than he does?

No way Leila makes $3 million per year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Dan has a new conspiracy theory. Luke Getsy is sabotaging Justin Fields. LOL Maybe they just don't have confidence in him? I don't get why 670 has a hard on for Fields. Cause he's black? A black guy can't be bad at football! It must be someone else!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Bernstein's attempts at comedy today were BEYOND cringe worthy...

".....and that's why he'll have a BALL gag in his mouth!"

.........................................................................crickets........(and still he persisted)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Senor was being very odd about the Benetti departure: "I'm happy for Jason and I'll leave it at that."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Justin Fields house in Barrington is up for sale…..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Senor was being very odd about the Benetti departure: "I'm happy for Jason and I'll leave it at that."

I thinks he is just all anti Sox everything since LaRussa.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dan is a perturbed because Tyson Bagent isn't really that interesting, despite the media trying to tell us he is. Meanwhile, you can talk to Justin Fields all day about his family's athletic background. His sister might be a wrestler for the WWE! But nobody talks about that or asks him about that.

The guy who pretends not to know who Ric Flair and Randy Savage are is dying to find out more about Justin Field's sisters' budding wrestling career. OK...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:38 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Justin Fields house in Barrington is up for sale…..

Welp. We will probably trade him for Jordan love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sir is still in on Bryce Young, saying he has nothing around him and his coach hates him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Sir is still in on Bryce Young, saying he has nothing around him and his coach hates him.

He's deeply in denial. Never seen a non punter/kicker that small on an NFL field before. Holmes was saying Bryce Young was HOFer Drew Brees predraft and yet still thinks other people's QB opinions are bad.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Fran Tarkenton was a little sneak weasel but that was 83 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Other than Haugh and Mulli I'd be shocked if the other full-time Score hosts have ever played much tackle football in their lives.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Other than Haugh and Mulli I'd be shocked if the other full-time Score hosts have ever played much tackle football in their lives.

You must not be aware of the esteemed athlete that is Laurence Holmes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Derplington wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You must not be aware of the esteemed athlete that is Laurence Holmes.

Molly was a soccer player. Their season is against football in high school. I always laugh picturing Molly playing soccer. But I guess he was thinner in high school and college. I imagine him being a thug dirty fullback though. Doubt he had much speed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Sir also told us all summer and fall long that the Arizona Diamondbacks aren't all that and he isn't a believer or taking them seriously to make the playoffs...

D-Backs make the World Series...

L-Ho says he isn't a white sox fan anymore...

L-Ho says he might become a D-Backs fan...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

The show has gone a long way since managers didn't matter and anyone who thought they did was not intelligent.

The hiring of TLR changed everything, but we are now at the point where the Cubs big managerial hire needs to be complemented by spending at record levels to actually win and drooling interviews of that manager with even Laurence asking if it's ok to criticize him (jokingly, I think, but not really sure that's the best look for the station that carries the team's radio broadcast).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:38 am 

Is there any sports team in this city that demands kid glove treatment from its radio partner like the Cubs? You don't hear this kind of unquestioning corporate loyalty at any other station. Sure, the Bears have their in house produced show on ESPN, but the hosts are very open about their opinion of the team.

The Cubs just hired a good, not great, manager. You would think they stole the best manager of all time by the way the Score portrays the move.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Is there any sports team in this city that demands kid glove treatment from its radio partner like the Cubs? You don't hear this kind of unquestioning corporate loyalty at any other station. Sure, the Bears have their in house produced show on ESPN, but the hosts are very open about their opinion of the team.

The Cubs just hired a good, not great, manager. You would think they stole the best manager of all time by the way the Score portrays the move.

The Cubs are really getting into your brain.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:

The amount of speculation that this show presents as fact is off the charts.

According to both Dan and Laurence (who agree on almost everything and pre-plan their shows to ensure they are aligned on any topic they discuss), the Bears coaching staff is not comfortable with coaching Justin Fields and are going out of their way to sabotage him. They would rather coach Tyler Bagent who both say is nowhere close to being a starting QB in the NFL. This same coaching staff who doesn't like coaching Justin Fields and could have have replaced him with their choice of QB's in the last draft didn't do that, but would rather coach an undrafted rookie free agent who nobody thinks is an actual NFL starter.

Last season, Laurence suggested that Bryce Young had the upside of Drew Brees, arguably a top 10 NFL all-time QB, but wouldn't trade Justin Fields to draft a player who may be an all-time great.

Of course, anyone who is questioning how Fields is being coached, the impatience with Fields or any positivity to Bagent (they like to take a small handful of callers who think Bagent is Farve and make that the Bears fanbase now thinking this) as having a specific motive in not liking Fields that should be pretty obvious to anyone watching. Laurence even thinks the show needs a bigger discussion around the dynamics here and why all of these people have this very specific motive.

So, not particularly surprising that this show falls back on their usual unfounded accusations and confuse their own conspiracy's as facts......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Are the Cubs demanding this or is this the narrative of the station?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The Cubs are really getting into your brain.

How so? How many times have I heard Counsell is the best manager in baseball? That's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:50 am 

BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Are the Cubs demanding this or is this the narrative of the station?

Parkins says no. Co workers and former co workers have said otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Brian Hanley said the Cubs are hands-on agressive dictating Score Cubs conversation.
That they're quite exhaustive with their efforts, and efficient controlling the hosts Cubs talk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 94  Next