It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seems to me that the offense for 2024 is set in stone except for QB, WR, and C:

QB ?
WR Harrison (hopefully)
WR Moore
TE Kmet
RB Herbert
RB Johnson
LT Jones
LG Jenkins
C ?
RG Davis
RT Wright

It may be tempting for Poles to keep Fields since he would then be virtually guaranteed to get Harrison. And then the “no excuses tour” would really be no excuses—which would surely be the end of Poles if it didn’t work out. Resetting with a rookie QB buys him years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:

QB ?
WR Harrison (hopefully)
WR Moore
TE Kmet
RB Herbert
RB Johnson
LT Jones
LG Jenkins
C ?
RG Davis
RT Wright

It may be tempting for Poles to keep Fields since he would then be virtually guaranteed to get Harrison. And then the “no excuses tour” would really be no excuses—which would surely be the end of Poles if it didn’t work out. Resetting with a rookie QB buys him years.

He's virtually assured of a 3 pick and 2 top 10 picks. Not drafting a quarterback should get him fired immediately.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Fields stinks and I want him gone, but he's been screwed on drives by Smith-Marsette (why the fuck was he on the team) fumbling the game away vs the Vikings, Mooney dropping an easy GW TD vs the Commanders, and EQ dropping a 4th down catch vs the Dolphins. If I generously give him the 3 wins, 5-10 isn't great, but it's better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:12 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

Fields stinks and I want him gone, but he's been screwed on drives by Smith-Marsette (why the fuck was he on the team) fumbling the game away vs the Vikings, Mooney dropping an easy GW TD vs the Commanders, and EQ dropping a 4th down catch vs the Dolphins. If I generously give him the 3 wins, 5-10 isn't great, but it's better.

There’s a highlight reel out there of his game ending drives. I’d post it but whoever made it totally pwned everybody by putting a dick pic at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

QB ?
WR Harrison (hopefully)
WR Moore
TE Kmet
RB Herbert
RB Johnson
LT Jones
LG Jenkins
C ?
RG Davis
RT Wright

As long as Carolina keeps losing, it doesn’t matter whether they keep Fields or not - they damn well better use the #1 on Harrison, because he won’t be around lower than #2 - then they can get a QB with their other pick - although, I’m not sure any really desirable QB will still be available, and Williams is already a potential headache.

If both of the Bears first round picks drop, does Poles dare package Fields and the lower first round pick to move up?

In any event, I expect them to trade Fields in the off-season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Is every Score host a member of the Fields Cult? I don't know if I love anyone the way Chicago media loves Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Is every Score host a member of the Fields Cult? I don't know if I love anyone the way Chicago media loves Fields.

Much like Ive convinced my wife that 3 inches is great because im 5 inches around
( think can of tuna ) the Chicago media thinks 169 yards passing is 350 .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:09 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Much like Ive convinced my wife that 3 inches is great because im 5 inches around
( think can of tuna ) the Chicago media thinks 169 yards passing is 350 .

It's embarrassing to listen to and read.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:54 am 

KDdidit wrote:

There’s a highlight reel out there of his game ending drives. I’d post it but whoever made it totally pwned everybody by putting a dick pic at the end.

That sounds funny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:

It’s odd. While Fields has immense talent, he has proven to be a turnover machine, slow to read defenses, and has a horrible record in his Bears career.

Now there is plenty of criticism to go around, but we all know the QB is the most important piece of a football team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

It’s odd. While Fields has immense talent, he has proven to be a turnover machine, slow to read defenses, and has a horrible record in his Bears career.

Now there is plenty of criticism to go around, but we all know the QB is the most important piece of a football team.

There are a lot of physically gifted athletes who suck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are a lot of physically gifted athletes who suck.

There are often times people mistake gifted athletes for being more than they really are. The NFL and other sport's junkyards are littered with highly touted athletes. So many factors including some luck go into becoming a top professional athlete. The margin is so close it isn't even to completely know the why some don't make it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: John's
On Parkins and Spiegel yesterday, both were animant that Fields himself assumed no culpability whatsoever for his fumble/safety on that the last drive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:07 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
On Parkins and Spiegel yesterday, both were animant that Fields himself assumed no culpability whatsoever for his fumble/safety on that the last drive

He’s elite at somehow getting blindsided by guys coming from his right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
33 fumbles in in 3 years is not his fault.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 am 

I think he played one of his best games and didn't look like he was much different than he normally is. He tried more, but it's probably an effort to get a new contract.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 am 

As a right handed quarterback it's so hard to see a 6-6 290 pound man coming from directly at you from your non-blind side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Fields doesn't have a good feel for the game, but this was on coaching. Wright has been solid but he's still playing with one arm. Give the kid some help on a critical play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:32 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Fields doesn't have a good feel for the game, but this was on coaching. Wright has been solid but he's still playing with one arm. Give the kid some help on a critical play.

May I ask the world class athlete to at least avoid fumbling the football against a guy he can clearly see coming. Even a grounding would be a better outcome there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

May I ask the world class athlete to at least avoid fumbling the football against a guy he can clearly see coming. Even a grounding would be a better outcome there.

I agree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:47 am 

Fuck it, here’s the compilation. https://x.com/clappeddan/status/1726657 ... 0pEf1DRIJA

Be warned that it closes with Kirk Cousins’ face photoshopped on the big dick meme guy from a few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The same story every week, Fields will not take the check downs to the backs/TE, not sure if you are ever going to get him to take the easy chunk plays the D is giving him. The funny thing is that these guys are more open and have more space with Fields at QB than Bagent, because teams are more afraid of Fields running the ball, but Fields never takes the back standing 5-10 yards away who can move the chains.

They had Fields under center for a few plays, they should be able to kill teams with play action from that formation as he should have either the deep shot opportunity or a wide open TE/Back in the flat depending on how the D reacts to the play action fake, you see teams run these concepts to perfection every Sunday, but not the Bears.

If you do draft Harrison and have a guy that can blow the top off the D you really need a QB that can read and react off those opportunities.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Especially against Hutchinson, who is their top impact player on defense and made huge plays against the Bears last year.

That play was a massive failure by Getsy, and lesser failures by Wright and Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Especially against Hutchinson, who is their top impact player on defense and made huge plays against the Bears last year.

That play was a massive failure by Getsy, and lesser failures by Wright and Fields.

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:33 am 

If you help Wright on play, that's one less available receiver. You shouldn't have to help a WORLD CLASS athlete when it's not his blind side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Watching that last play against the Lions again in that clip that play was set up for 15-20 yard gain. The whole left side was cleared out with Kmet leading for Johnson down the sideline. Fields actually looks over but cant pull the trigger because the RB hadn’t turned yet. That is a timing play that should have been floated out in front of Johnson before the fumble. That would have been a big gain down the sideline without having to use one of the timeouts. His reaction time is too slow for the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
One of the more damning indictments of this coaching staff is the lack of self awareness, you have one of the better blocking TE's in NFL history who had singled up and stifled Hutchinson a few times, you need to have him on that side of the formation to either chip or hold the edge for Fields to escape the pocket. Wright is a good run blocker at this stage of his career, but is still developing as a pass protector and struggles with outside speed, the play was doomed from the start, a good Freshman football coach would have schemed it better.

This all gets back to the bizarre play calling on the second to last offensive drive where they inexplicably did not have Fields run the ball at least once, one of the few things you can count of in this offense is the run blocking of Wright and Marcedes Lewis, Fields should have kept the RPO and let those guys set the edge, they were killing Detroit with that play all game long, but failed to run it during the most crucial series in the game.

If you had a good head coach, or maybe one that was not having to fill the DC and HC roles at the same time, he would have asked the OC what his best run plays were and ordered him to call that play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:04 pm 

The Man wrote:
Watching that last play against the Lions again in that clip that play was set up for 15-20 yard gain. The whole left side was cleared out with Kmet leading for Johnson down the sideline. Fields actually looks over but cant pull the trigger because the RB hadn’t turned yet. That is a timing play that should have been floated out in front of Johnson before the fumble. That would have been a big gain down the sideline without having to use one of the timeouts. His reaction time is too slow for the NFL.

Yep. That's a huge gain. Ball has to come up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

I've never seen that. An anticipatory throw likely gets you into FG range.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 146  Next