It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
vitoscotti wrote:
Controversy when the producers found out Buddy Ryan as a Score guest was making more than them.

Why? I doubt a radio producer could invent the 46.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Grobstein invented the three-technique.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:
Most uncomfortable 60 seconds of radio ever.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Most uncomfortable 60 seconds of radio ever.

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
It’s a, uh, newer type of situation but I’m going to try to tell you…what…there’s different ways of describing what a 3 technique is.

Alright; I’m gonna tell you. 3 technique - A gaps - well basically coaches have spent some 80+ years trying to do different things. And what they do with the 3 technique, it’s to try to uh…offense tries to move the ball 10 yards and 11 guys try to stop them by…so how do we get to cover 1, cover 2…3, 4…man-to-man, zone, blitzes stuff like that.

Basically, a lineman is set up for different positions along the line and their roles & responsibilities trying to do certain things. And, what most people know about the 3 technique defensive tackle, you know a few more of them and the more you’re in the NFL. And basically the way it is set up…uhhh…they can’t agree and different coaches have different things.

There’s a thing called a zero technique and Vince Wilfork is involved with that. They have a guy named Pat Williams up in Minnesota; he plays the 1 technique. The 3 technique it’s a 4-3 pass rushing tackle like Tommy Kelly.

Does that answer it a little bit for you?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Larry just called Scoop Jackson a "revolutionary journalist". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one of Larry's better quotes actually.

He's a pretty special guy Midge. Worked across a number of genres.

Self made, highly respected and an inspirational story as well. I dealt with him years ago. I think J Hood was the first guy ever to put him on as a talk show guest.

but he can barely string two sentences together

Spoken or written.

His page 2 work was some of the worst writing I’ve ever read.

He’s a nice guy. He also says stupid things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:25 pm 

Bagels wrote:
I had to do some driving at lunch just now so i listened to 20-30 minutes of the show
Adam Hoge was on, that was ok
But then High Noon which was brutal. Larry played some clip of Wayne Gretzsky telling a mildly cute story involving his 9 year old child. Dan apparently knows the Gretzsky family by heart and insisted it was an old story bc his kids are older now. He seemed to be reading verbatim from wikipedia so i'm going to believe him over Larry. Larry played it off by mentioning other old women who have had kids, then suggested his wife cheated on him with a balck man.

was that the Tyrell thing he was saying in that mess?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:09 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Larry just called Scoop Jackson a "revolutionary journalist". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Self made, highly respected and an inspirational story as well. I dealt with him years ago. I think J Hood was the first guy ever to put him on as a talk show guest.

I don't listen much these days, but I recall hearing him on the Score years ago. He seemed likeable...they've hosted far worse guests.

Name them.

On the station as a whole...Peter Gammons, Jon Hayman. They've had KC Johnson on for years and I don't find him compelling in any way. Larry used to have Ginger Zee on and that was a waste of airspace. Mike Florio....I used to really like his Pro Football Talk for the rumor mill, but his appearances don't do anything. In general, most player interviews are complete wastes...very few offer any kind of real insights or personality.

This is just off the top of my head. I'm not saying Scoop Jackson is a good guest interview, but he has a lot of company in wasting air time on the Score.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Controversy when the producers found out Buddy Ryan as a Score guest was making more than them.

They used to pay to get some big time dudes like Daly and Ryan, and of course the always odd coaches shows which were endless sources of content for Uncle Terry, Mac, and North.

The station has really declined over the past decade, now you get a bunch of dorks from the Athletic rambling on and on about spin rate and launch angles, and then the hosts rabidly repeating the grab ass analysis as if they are reading from the Old Testament.

They have sanitized and dumbed down the content to the point that they actually think having on a clueless "expert" reading stuff off the back of baseball cards is better than having on an actual coach who knows the sport inside and out, they claim to be the "smart fans station", when in reality they have become the dullest sports radio station in town.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Clawmaster wrote:
They have sanitized and dumbed down the content to the point that they actually think having on a clueless "expert" reading stuff off the back of baseball cards is better than having on an actual coach who knows the sport inside and out

Only an "expert" could believe that Dewey Evans was better than Jim Rice or that Dave Steib was better than Jack Morris.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Only an "expert" could believe that Dewey Evans was better than Jim Rice or that Dave Steib was better than Jack Morris.

Character as performance metric works its way back into consideration for stat nerds when you need to ding Jack Morris for having been a Bad Guy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Think of him as an MC guy then.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Weird cheap shot on Mitch Cumstein.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Weird cheap shot on Mitch Cumstein.

How bout Caravan then? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Wait

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow. Another one.

Former QB David Carr said the eagles should bench hertz for Marcus Marriota

Stupid thought but Larry insinuated it was racist. But isn’t Marriota black? At least part black.

Then Bernstein jump d in to say Carr’s middle name is “Duke”. So Dan insinuated that proves he’s racist. Leila and Larry gasped when told his middle name and agreed that proves he and his parents are racist. You know how they do it. Saying it without saying it.

They saved this for noon so everybody at lunch could hear it.

They really are something. Bernstein leads this bullshit and little Leila and little Larry follow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Leila went off on a rant about how stupid it is to have a real xmas tree.
She doesn't understand it.
They're cutting down all these trees!!!
and there could be wildlife hiding inside of them!

even Dan and Larry stopped her to let her know that they're grown specifically to be cut for xmas trees, but she said she didn't care and double down.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

It was a planed “you’re a racist” attack. Cuz who in Chicago cares about Carr and what he has to say about the eagles for Christ sake? And Dan had carr’s middle name at the ready to punctuate Larry’s assertion.

It’s really quite something what they do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bagels wrote:
Leila went off on a rant about how stupid it is to have a real xmas tree.
She doesn't understand it.
They're cutting down all these trees!!!
and there could be wildlife hiding inside of them!

even Dan and Larry stopped her to let her know that they're grown specifically to be cut for xmas trees, but she said she didn't care and double down.

I happened to hear this as I was pulling back into the parking lot at work after lunch. I thought she used to only be on once a week but she seems to be in there almost every day now. Ugh...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Beardown wrote:
Wow. Another one.

Stupid thought but Larry insinuated it was racist. But isn’t Marriota black? At least part black.

Then Bernstein jump d in to say Carr’s middle name is “Duke”. So Dan insinuated that proves he’s racist. Leila and Larry gasped when told his middle name and agreed that proves he and his parents are racist. You know how they do it. Saying it without saying it.

They really are something. Bernstein leads this bullshit and little Leila and little Larry follow.

I didn't hear it because I don't listen to the show, but it seems the mischaracterized what he said in order to call him a racist. He asked if they should consider starting Marriota until Hurtz is 100% healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hurts, he is not a rental car.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Wow. Another one.

I didn't hear it because I don't listen to the show, but it seems the mischaracterized what he said in order to call him a racist. He asked if they should consider starting Marriota until Hurtz is 100% healthy.

Really? Wow. That makes what they did even more disgusting. Actually, what they did was willfully evil.

This is an example of how the woke have gone evil. I hate trump as much as anybody. But it’s the Larry’s and Bernstein’s that get him m votes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:
This is an example of how the woke have gone evil. I hate trump as much as anybody. But it’s the Larry’s and Bernstein’s that get him m votes.

You vote for Trump because of Dan Bernstein?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I’ve argued for limiting the franchise for years.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

it's a solid reason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

No. I always vote democrat. But I understand trump’s support because the far left is equaly as insane as the far right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bigger media personalities/outlets do the evil of what Larry and Bernstein did here. Mitch Rosen needs to check these guys but he’s to stupid to understand what they just did. Mitch doesn’t like confrontation either cuz he knows he’s stupid. It was contrived though. It’s not like this discussion just happened naturally. They planned to call this guy a racist knowing they had no evidence and willfully mislead the audience. Sickening.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:44 pm 

Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

it's a solid reason

Top things that each host causes you to do:
Mully- get speech therapy to reduce the stutter
Vegas Haugh- tear down a fence so you can’t sit on it
LoHo- stay out of hallways
Bernsie- cheer for Penn State
Spiegs- consider a career in divorce law
Parkins- hire him a wardrobe consultant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:45 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Bigger media personalities/outlets do the evil of what Larry and Bernstein did here. Mitch Rosen needs to check these guys but he’s to stupid to understand what they just did. Mitch doesn’t like confrontation either cuz he knows he’s stupid. It was contrived though. It’s not like this discussion just happened naturally. They planned to call this guy a racist knowing they had no evidence and willfully mislead the audience. Sickening.

Their job (and Mitch’s) is to get you to listen. They are clearly successful at that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:
Bagels wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

it's a solid reason

Top things that each host causes you to do:
Mully- get speech therapy to reduce the stutter
Vegas Haugh- tear down a fence so you can’t sit on it
LoHo- stay out of hallways
Bernsie- cheer for Penn State
Spiegs- consider a career in divorce law
Parkins- hire him a wardrobe consultant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
denisdman wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Their job (and Mitch’s) is to get you to listen. They are clearly successful at that.

It worked at the onset of B&H, first out of morbid curiosity and then hate listening. Now its so fucking boring and predictable there is no reason to turn it on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 94  Next