It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 146  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
it's not going to work out here. i've sadly accepted it. i think there's a real chance he succeeds elsewhere on the right coaching staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
billypootons wrote:
i think there's a real chance he succeeds elsewhere on the right coaching staff

when he doesn't it will be that the Bears 'ruined him' . it'll be a handy excuse when the time comes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I had to run out on an errand. Put on 670. I think they're gaslighting us--telling us not to believe what we see with our own eyes. The party line today is that yesterday was Getsy's fault. But two fumbles and 12 points? Fields plays a role in this, too.

Kurt Warner was on, and he was much more honest in his assessment--basically he needs to see more success with "chunk" plays and not just QB runs and screens. Reading between the lines, he either thinks the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Fields to throw mid-range passes, or Fields himself doesn't like/cannot make those throws.

But if Fields' "good" games are any indication, is that what you really want to watch for the next 5 years at QB? A running back at QB that puts up 12 points and less than 200 yards passing. We should expect more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:08 pm 

billypootons wrote:
it's not going to work out here. i've sadly accepted it. i think there's a real chance he succeeds elsewhere on the right coaching staff

You think you're sad? I've accepted that the qb will never work out here for eternity, irrespective of the actors playing the role of qb, head coach, oc, gm, etc.

On the hopeful side, I am perfectly comfortable building around a great running offense and defense. We seem to know how to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Dexter physically abuses guards and centers. He's starting to understand what to do with it. He may be our 3 technique. This defense may be a great edge rusher and a FS away from being elite. The offense is a QB, a center, and Harrison Jr away from being elite.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
What's interesting about Fields lack of passing success is his running ability makes defenses cheat to combat his running theoretically opening up more passing opportunities. And he still can't find open receivers holding on to the ball too long. If he was an immobile QB his passing numbers would be quite a bit worse. Many of the elite QBs aren't blessed with being elite runners in their arsenal like him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The constant QB debate is sucking all the joy out of Bears football. We should be celebrating the improvement by the defense but instead we're analyzing whether 12 points was crappy, really good, crappy but the coaches fault, or all of the above.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
The constant QB debate is sucking all the joy out of Bears football. We should be celebrating the improvement by the defense but instead we're analyzing whether 12 points was crappy, really good, crappy but the coaches fault, or all of the above.

The defensive improvements should make the job attractive for a new coach. I'm worried that Eberflus may coach himself into another year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
blackhawksfan wrote:

That's a great point. I get people being disappointed about the Bear's quarterback situation and given their futile history I do get it. However, look around the damned NFL and tell me how many fandoms are happy with their quarterbacks?? I'd say that over 2/3rds of them are not happy and want someone better. What the hell is wrong with accepting Fields as a great athlete with limitations and yet special skills also? And in maybe finding an OC who can take and use the good stuff and tamp down the bad stuff? Its happened before.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Josh Dobbs best thing for Kirk Cousins impending free-agent negotiations. Back in October Vikings fans were all don't let the door hit you on the way back to DC Kirk. this week it's ya know, maybe we should bring back Cousins next year.

Cousins might be a league average QB, but finding a league average QB seems almost impossible for teams these days (assuming league average has not yet permanently reset to somewhere among Sam Howell/Josh Dobbs/Wilson (2022-2023 Russ)/Geno Smith and Baker Fucking Mayfield.

Double-Turd, Don't-Let-the-Children-See-This Games
-------------------
Picket v Browning
Mayfield v Minshew
Jones/Zappe v Devito
Young v Levis
Fields vs Dobs
Carr v Ridder

Turd and A-Pinched-Loaf matchup:

---------------------------
Dorian Thompson-Robinson v Russell Wilson Athletic Gear

One-Turd Didn't-Have-Time-To-Take-A-Big-Shit Games
------------------------
Mahomes v Aidan O'Connell
Love v Goff
Howell v Dak
Stafford v Murray
Purdy v Geno
Tim Boyle v Tua

Turdless
-----------
Allen v Hurts
Lamar v Herbert
TLaw v Stroud

3 games out of 16 - no turd QB's

6 games featured at least one walking-passing-shitting up the screen My Hankey QB

7 fucking games where the experience of watching the game allowed NFL fans and viewers to enjoy an AR recreation of being a prison guard walking the lifers-block and having shit thrown directly into our eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Some updated stats:

This season…

Fourth Quarter: 33/60, 391 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT and 6 sacks
Fourth Quarter, +/- 7 Points: 11/20, 112 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks
Last Two Minutes of a Half: 14/31, 129 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT, 3 sacks

Career…

Fourth Quarter: 128/223, 1,382 yards, 10 TD, 14 INT, 27 sacks
Fourth Quarter, +/- 7 Points: 41/70, 488 yards, 2 TD, 5 INT, 11 sacks
Last Two Minutes of a Half: 70/125, 699 yards, 6 TD, 10 INT, 22 sacks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Dexter physically abuses guards and centers. He's starting to understand what to do with it. He may be our 3 technique. This defense may be a great edge rusher and a FS away from being elite. The offense is a QB, a center, and Harrison Jr away from being elite.

Dexter looks more and more each week like a solid 3 technique, and a solid pick by Poles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra wrote:
Josh Dobbs best thing for Kirk Cousins impending free-agent negotiations. Back in October Vikings fans were all don't let the door hit you on the way back to DC Kirk. this week it's ya know, maybe we should bring back Cousins next year.

Cousins might be a league average QB, but finding a league average QB seems almost impossible for teams these days (assuming league average has not yet permanently reset to somewhere among Sam Howell/Josh Dobbs/Wilson (2022-2023 Russ)/Geno Smith and Baker Fucking Mayfield.

Cousins is a hell of a lot more than a league average qb.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Dexter looks more and more each week like a solid 3 technique, and a solid pick by Poles.

I'm not sure I would go that far just yet, but he certainly seems to be heading in the right direction.

Gordon is definitely turning into a good player, Wright has been solid even though he's hurt, and Terrell Smith appears to be a nice middle-round find. It's great to see some of these young players developing,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not sure I would go that far just yet, but he certainly seems to be heading in the right direction.

Gordon is definitely turning into a good player, Wright has been solid even though he's hurt, and Terrell Smith appears to be a nice middle-round find. It's great to see some of these young players developing,

Stevenson looks good as well.

Their corners will come up and tackle you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Stevenson looks good as well.

Their corners will come up and tackle you.

Yes they will! Wright is also a very physical player, as is Roschon Johnson. We're finally starting to see some of what Poles laid out in his introductory press conference.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:22 am 

Can Terrell Smith play safety if they extend Jaylon Johnson? He looks capable and is physically built for the position.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:36 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Can Terrell Smith play safety if they extend Jaylon Johnson? He looks capable and is physically built for the position.

Every corner they have drafted has looked like a better safety than Eddie Jackson.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:38 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
I had to run out on an errand. Put on 670. I think they're gaslighting us--telling us not to believe what we see with our own eyes. The party line today is that yesterday was Getsy's fault. But two fumbles and 12 points? Fields plays a role in this, too.

Kurt Warner was on, and he was much more honest in his assessment--basically he needs to see more success with "chunk" plays and not just QB runs and screens. Reading between the lines, he either thinks the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in Fields to throw mid-range passes, or Fields himself doesn't like/cannot make those throws.

But if Fields' "good" games are any indication, is that what you really want to watch for the next 5 years at QB? A running back at QB that puts up 12 points and less than 200 yards passing. We should expect more.

Who makes the play calls? Who calls all of those stupid screens? WHo stops running the ball and do play action off of them? Yeah, I expect more. FROM THE DAMNED OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. By the way, where is the proof that Fields cannot make throws accurately when provided a reasonable amount of time?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Every corner they have drafted has looked like a better safety than Eddie Jackson.

Eddie Jackson looks lost. I'm not sure he'll have an NFL starting job next year. It's possible this is his last year in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Cant teach this stuff which is why Fields isnt the guy

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:31 am 

fields coulnt make that throw on accident with a winning lotto ticket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:18 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:

That can absolutely be taught.

And if Orlovsky looked at the hips of every DB near that ball, he would see why it was thrown when it was. Purdy saw that on film, and did it during a game. Good for him.

This is why the great ones, are great. One of the best ever, out thinking one of the best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrZKveWgOk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

You tip your hat when that happens. That's why Ed Reed is a GOAT.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yep. Eddie looks like he is playing not to get hurt. He used to be good but not now. He needs to be replaced or traded.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Michael Wilbon on PTI asked Troy Aikman his evaluation of Justin Fields so far. Aikman seemed petrified to give an opinion and just took a neutral stance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:38 pm 

Aikmen knows he blows

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
vitoscotti wrote:
Aikman seemed petrified to give an opinion

that's just the CTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
badrogue17 wrote:

throwing to a spot, the right hash mark, 30 yard throw,1 second to a second and a half air time for 30 yds? Receiver makes the cut about the same time Purdy releases.
Slightly before the cut, so Purdy's anticipating the cut ahead of time and not keying off the receiver making it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He’s also probably been coached to do that all day long, every day for two years.

Bears coaches quiz players on acronyms all day.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 146  Next